Blowout Cards Forums
2018 topps heritage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:45 AM   #1
HP7163

Default Donating X-Mas to kids

I didn't see a thread or was sure where to post but as a kid coming from a single parent home/poorer circumstance wondered if we had anyone who donated or had a charity to donate toys/food to for the under privileged?

I know I come across as standoff ish and baiting at times but there's nothing worse than waking up as a kid on Christmas Day and having no gifts. Curious if BO or anyone did anything for kids ?

I have done the gym xmas tree gifts to elderly and kids the last few years but feel I could do more so what do you guys do? I don't have much family but wanna give back since I've been blessed ..

Last edited by HP7163; 11-28-2017 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
Cervantes

Pretty sure wrong forum, but great job bringing joy during the holidays, especially to kids.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
jlzinck

I run a Toys for Tots break here at Blowout.

Had a little more than $500 to spend this year.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

HP7163 Im in full agreement on this. Xmas is the one big holiday while I'm very quiet with my actions this holiday means a ton to me and one that almost regardless of the circumstances I'm facing the red kettle gets donations when I pass by them, and I'll have a few bags of toys for donations to our local toys for tots program (seen the inside of a donation center for this, very very interesting and humbling if you ever go outside of a soup kitchen scenerio unsure there's not much more of a site to put life into perspective). Very easy to take for granted the benefits we've worked hard to achieve, but been there done that, and I think the extra gifts throughout help put some humility back into my life.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:02 AM   #5
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
Pretty sure wrong forum, but great job bringing joy during the holidays, especially to kids.
Ya I wasn't sure so was asking since I know there are some really nice people on here..

But nice to see some commenters.. I live in a small suburb in north Dallas as of recently so wanted to get some ideas of things I could do or what members do to help kids/elderly

Have nothing but respect from me for the perspective and humility you men/woman show. Sometimes because of busy lives we forget there are people in our world and even community who will never have a nice Christmas so I'm glad seeing I'm not the only one. Only motivates and inspires me seeing members who are going above and beyond . God bless you people seriously .. super nice