Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:23 PM   #201
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
It's not impossible that my neighbor will be abducted by aliens and anally probed tonight, either.
This sounds like a good time
Old 04-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #202
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
How about those "insure domestic Tranquility" and "promote the general Welfare" parts? Hard to say that's being done when people are regularly shooting at each
So should we just abolish those parts too since they haven't worked so well?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 03:03 PM   #203
GoTribe!!!

Quote:
Thanks for that, and a big thumbs up to Ben Simmons. I guess I live in an Australia in my mind in that I don't want to kill anything, nor am I afraid of everything that moves, nor do I wish to buy or sell or them to make money with zero regard for the societal harm they so often end up enabling. The end result is that I don't want or need a gun. Happily, there are a lot of people just like me, and hopefully those numbers will only increase.

Obviously, much more federal regulation (by which I mean some as opposed to essentially none which is what we have now), increased registration fees to pay for a comprehensive database to better keep track of those out there, mandatory insurance carried by those who choose to own them on each and every one they have, well-funded and comprehensive studies to determine their full impact on society (which the gun lobby has successfully obscured), and more (that is, some) accountability demanded of their manufacturers and dealers (including legal culpability when a pattern of wrongdoing is found) are all things that are way past due.

That said, bans are not the answer with guns anymore than they are with drugs. People want what they want, and sometimes they want it even more when they are not allowed it. As with drugs, legal or otherwise, the goal with guns is a world where people do not feel they need them, and ultimately, do not want them. Sure it may sound like a pipe dream to the more cynical among you out there, but nothing was ever gained without the dream of it first.
Good for you, don't buy one. Quit trying to strip the rights of others (by others I mean law-abiding citizens) just because you don't want one and believe others shouldn't either.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #204
jdandns

It's nothing to do with "stripping rights" and everything to do with the innocent people regularly being shot with them. Big difference in motivation there. Calling (at long last) for their users to take the responsibility commensurate with the firepower these weapons afford them should bother no one.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #205
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros19 View Post
So should we just abolish those parts too since they haven't worked so well?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No, but the 2nd Amendment should not be abolished either, merely refined.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #206
GoTribe!!!

Quote:
It's nothing to do with "stripping rights" and everything to do with the innocent people regularly being shot with them. Big difference in motivation there. Calling (at long last) for their users to take the responsibility commensurate with the firepower these weapons afford them should bother no one.
Wrong. It certainly does. When you want to restrict the rights of millions of law abiding citizens due to a small, very small amount of lunatics, that is exactly what it is. It doesn't matter what the motivation (i.e. hidden agenda) is.
Oh, and please define "regularly". Talk about paranoia and misinformation to sell something.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #207
jdandns

We'll just have to agree to be disagreeable.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #208
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Quote:
No, innocent people are "regularly" killed by drunk drivers.

The intentionally misleading verbiage of the left is disappointing to say the least.

When you can grasp the killing of millions of "nonsensical" unborn, perspective of right and wrong can be achieved.

Until then, believe what you feel to be right or wrong. I will believe what I know to be - regardless of what others tell me.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #209
jdandns

Again with non-related issues intended to blow the thread up.
Predictable, but still unfortunate.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:53 PM   #210
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Again with non-related issues intended to blow the thread up.
Predictable, but still unfortunate.
Finally something we can agree on, other than movies of course.
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm...I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired...I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind..I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.