Blowout Cards Forums
2018 Bargain

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
NeedChapmans

Default Kevin McHale Getting the Treatment Today

Attend a Trump rally, you get what you get. Blue check-marks are out in full force today!

Timberwolves and Celtics should immediately remove him from all record-books.
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
Old 06-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
Ray27Ray52

Liberal tolerance on full display.
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm...I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired...I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind..I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
Astros19

Kind of like the illegal alien issue. One can easily find videos of Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama saying the very same things Trump has said concerning the issue in their past. What happened? Why did their views suddenly change?
My opinion, the party leaders figured out they needed more votes and these people could be used by the party to become democrat votes.
Their hypocrisy is astounding.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
allabtsprt

Once again these idiots are trying their damndest to mix sports with politics. I guess now they want it to be illegal to be a Republican if you are involved in sports. Wouldn't it be nice if the Dems practiced what they preach? Isn't Mchale entitled to his own personal beliefs and rights under the Constitution, the same thing that Dems are ballyhooing about for certain other people? This country is messed up big time!!!
Old 06-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #5
pac213up

I don't get this at all. I am not a Trump guy, cannot stand him....but I have no issue with anyone attending a political rally.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
monkeymcgee

It's amazing how we see things when we let politics become all we look through.

We're drowning in hypocrisy all around because this is a game to most of you instead of focusing on trying to build a better country.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #7
majestik101

Is this not a free country? When did attending a political rally become a thing to get harassed over?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #8
ILOVEBEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
Is this not a free country? When did attending a political rally become a thing to get harassed over?
When you're a cry-baby liberal, you can't allow anyone else to have opinions different from yours.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #9
monkeymcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEBEER View Post
When you're a cry-baby liberal, you can't allow anyone else to have opinions different from yours.

That goes both ways, hombre. Go no further than this subforum to find plenty of examples.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #10
ILOVEBEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
That goes both ways, hombre. Go no further than this subforum to find plenty of examples.
Well hombre, when Lebron joined Hillary on stage, I didn't write him off. I'm sure if I said anything negative, I'd be labeled a racist.

And I'll add Kaep's idiotics stunts to the list. Let a cop wear some socks making fun of a certain group. Let's see how that is taken.

And let's not start on liberal Hollywood

Last edited by ILOVEBEER; 06-21-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #11
monkeymcgee

Quote:
Well hombre, when Lebron joined Hillary on stage, I didn't write him off. I'm sure if I said anything negative, I'd be labeled a racist.

That's cool you embrace different opinions, hombre. I didn't get that impression from your other posts.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #12
ILOVEBEER

Quote:
That's cool you embrace different opinions, hombre. I didn't get that impression from your other posts.
It just really seems like the left has no issues with doing whatever it takes to slam Trump. Like others have stated Bill Clinton and Obama enforced the same laws and that is totally ignored. Remember Elian Gonzalez?!

Elián González was born in 1993 to divorced parents. In 1999, his mother brought him along when she decided to escape the Castro regime, but drowned during the journey. Florida fishermen found 5-year-old Elián floating alone off the coast, near Fort Lauderdale. Although his Cuban-American relatives fought to keep him in the United States, Elián's father insisted on his return to Cuba. The Clinton administration ultimately backed the father's claim and extracted Elián forcibly in 2000.

Could you imagine the horror if that happened today?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
monkeymcgee

Quote:
It just really seems like the left has no issues with doing whatever it takes to slam Trump. Like others have stated Bill Clinton and Obama enforced the same laws and that is totally ignored. Remember Elian Gonzalez?!

Elián González was born in 1993 to divorced parents. In 1999, his mother brought him along when she decided to escape the Castro regime, but drowned during the journey. Florida fishermen found 5-year-old Elián floating alone off the coast, near Fort Lauderdale. Although his Cuban-American relatives fought to keep him in the United States, Elián's father insisted on his return to Cuba. The Clinton administration ultimately backed the father's claim and extracted Elián forcibly in 2000.

Could you imagine the horror if that happened today?

The kid wasn't an American citizen and his father, who had legal custody, wanted him back. I don't see how that's anything like what we have going on at the moment.

But yeah, people are stupid and ignore "their guy" for doing the same thing as the last guy.

How about all the things Trump does that runs against the philosophy of conservationism that are cheered by conservatives but were complained about when done by Obama?

People don't think logically and politicians work us exploiting that over and over again.

Shame on all of us.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #14
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
I don't get this at all. I am not a Trump guy, cannot stand him....but I have no issue with anyone attending a political rally.
The NBA players slam Trump anytime they can and don't like him. The players run the NBA. A coach this open about Trump doesn't stand a chance in the NBA lol

Shouldn't matter what your politics are but we all know how it goes.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #15
pac213up

Quote:
This is absolutely not true and Gonzalez was a completely different situation. Apples to oranges.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #16
ILOVEBEER

Quote:
The kid wasn't an American citizen and his father, who had legal custody, wanted him back. I don't see how that's anything like what we have going on at the moment.

But yeah, people are stupid and ignore "their guy" for doing the same thing as the last guy.

How about all the things Trump does that runs against the philosophy of conservationism that are cheered by conservatives but were complained about when done by Obama?

People don't think logically and politicians work us exploiting that over and over again.

Shame on all of us.

This...would not...sit well with the anti-Trumpers if it happened today.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
monkeymcgee

Quote:

This...would not...sit well with the anti-Trumpers if it happened today.

I don't know how old you are, but that photo didn't sit well with anyone at the time. In fact, conservatives got a lot of mileage out of it as evidence of the federal government being out of control.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #18
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but that photo didn't sit well with anyone at the time. In fact, conservatives got a lot of mileage out of it as evidence of the federal government being out of control.
I remember it vividly and you are right it didn't go well for anyone. But I can also say in today's hyper sensitive times a photo like this would be vilified and used as ammunition 1000 times over.
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm...I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired...I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind..I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #19
pac213up

Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but that photo didn't sit well with anyone at the time.
No it did not....and rightly so.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #20
Siberian13

Quote:
Didn't Al Gore make a mess of this situation?
Old 06-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #21
monkeymcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Didn't Al Gore make a mess of this situation?

Yes and it may have cost him Florida and the presidency

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...l-gore/377714/
Old 06-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #22
jrg1128

Ahh the "tolerant" side showing their true tolerance once again. Just a sneak peek at why Trump will be re-elected in 2020.

I mean it's totally reasonable to think that McHale does not deserve a job in the NBA because he has a differing opinion than yours, right?

Last edited by jrg1128; 06-21-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #23
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Liberal tolerance on full display.

"We love everyone! Except if you disagree with us, you racist homophobe islamophobe transphobe xenophobe realityphobe!"
Old 06-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #24
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
When Trump announced he's running.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #25
GoTribe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
This is absolutely not true and Gonzalez was a completely different situation. Apples to oranges.
What is absolutely not true?