Blowout Cards Forums
2018 topps heritage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #26
BostonNut

The Celtics needs to wipe McHale from their record books because he attended a political event?

Do people think before they type?

Blowout gon' Blowout I 'spose...
Old 06-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #27
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
The Celtics needs to wipe McHale from their record books because he attended a political event?

Do people think before they type?

Blowout gon' Blowout I 'spose
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
Old 06-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #28
AnthonyCorona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg1128 View Post
Ahh the "tolerant" side showing their true tolerance once again. Just a sneak peek at why Trump will be re-elected in 2020.

I mean it's totally reasonable to think that McHale does not deserve a job in the NBA because he has a differing opinion than yours, right?
Like a president saying a "sob" should be fired for taking a knee?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #29
AnthonyCorona

I really fail to see what conservative snowflakes are getting worked up about. A guy goes to an event people get internet mad.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #30
jdandns

They're an excitable group.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:37 PM   #31
Astros19

Yea we're always out there protesting, blocking traffic and threatening the president's grandchildren.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #32
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
They're an excitable group.
Oh yea, I was pretty damn excited when Hillary lost the election.
BWAHAHAHA!

Old 06-21-2018, 10:49 PM   #33
jdandns

See ?
Old 06-21-2018, 10:59 PM   #34
Astros19

Quote:
See ?
What? You weren't excited by it too?

Old 06-21-2018, 11:16 PM   #35
bradical

If you set up internment camps for babies and then everyone notices so you sign an order ending internment camps for babies it doesn't mean you didn't set up internment camps for babies.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:23 PM   #36
Astros19

If you think said "internment camps" were just set up it doesn't mean you know what you're talking about either.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #37
bradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros19 View Post
If you think said "internment camps" were just set up it doesn't mean you know what you're talking about either.

Well then, correct me.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:31 PM   #38
LCM1223

Who cares. Don’t people have better things to do?
Old 06-21-2018, 11:34 PM   #39
Astros19

There's been holding areas for well over a decade. What do you think happened to them before? I would suggest they've expanded with the influx of more illegal aliens and the fact that Trump put a zero tolerance program in place. The last few administrations and congress, both Republicans and Democrats, have kicked the illegal alien can down the road for decades.
Like or dislike what Trump's done, at least he's doing something, if nothing else forcing congress to address the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Well then, correct me.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:38 PM   #40
Astros19

Most of the pictures we've recently seen, the one's showing illegals in fenced in cages that everybody got riled up about, are from 2014.
In case you don't know, Trump wasn't president then.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:43 PM   #41
bradical

Quote:
There's been holding areas for well over a decade. What do you think happened to them before? I would suggest they've expanded with the influx of more illegal aliens and the fact that Trump put a zero tolerance program in place. The last few administrations and congress, both Republicans and Democrats, have kicked the illegal alien can down the road for decades.
Like or dislike what Trump's done, at least he's doing something, if nothing else forcing congress to address the problem.

I think you have missed the ENTIRE point of the issue. His plan was to separate families and place the children in the camps.

Alone. Without their parents. By themselves. Children.

How does this administration differ from the previous when they reverse their stance a few days into new policy? Gives you the warm fuzzies all over that they know what they are doing, doesn't it?
Old 06-21-2018, 11:52 PM   #42
Astros19

You do realize a lot of these kids came without their parents, or are with God knows who, claiming to be their parents.
Does any of the responsibility lie with the parents in your eyes?
In America children are separated from their parents every single day. Especially when they commit a crime.
Now I don't think it's a good thing for children to be separated from their parents. But I also don't believe it's a good thing that parents put their children in that position to begin with.
Was it a good idea? That's debatable. But what's not debatable is that the issue has been brought to the forefront and hopefully gets addressed.
You see, that's what I like about Trump. He gets crap done. He's not afraid of pissing off either dems or repubs. Both parties have done so little for our country and just keep pulling the wool over or eyes and Trump's calling them all out.
Neither Republicans or Democrats are off his radar and to me, it's about damn time!
Quote:
I think you have missed the ENTIRE point of the issue. His plan was to separate families and place the children in the camps.

How does this administration differ from the previous when they reverse their stance a few days into new policy? Gives you the warm fuzzies all over that they know what they are doing, doesn't it?

Old 06-21-2018, 11:55 PM   #43
Astros19

The problem is the parents who hand their children over to cartels and drug dealers in the hope the child will be allowed into the US. That is NOT a responsible parental choice.

And despite what the leading candidate in Mexico's Presidential election says, there is NO SUCH THING as a "RIGHT" to come to America.

According to the U.N. a refugee must seek asylum in the first safe country they enter. That would be either Guatemala or Mexico. The articles forbid "forum shopping", so under the U.N. charter, they have no right to seek asylum in the U.S.

I do not oppose LEGAL immigration; and there is no country on earth with a more compassionate or generous immigration policy than the United States. We are a sovereign nation, and as such, we are absolutely allowed to control who we admit. Those we do choose to allow to immigrate should be thoroughly vetted and admitted on the basis of their merits.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:29 AM   #44
NeedChapmans

Quote:

The Trump administration did not change the child separation policy in any way, shape or form. What they changed, was that instead of catch and release, there is now a zero tolerance policy. Once you're caught, you are detained until your trial. Previously; after you were caught, you were let go and then required to attend your court date months down the road. About 40% of those illegal immigrants never show up (I actually can't believe the number is that low) and then you end up with tens of thousands of illegal immigrants simply on the run every year.

Obama had a zero tolerance policy in place too; and then changed to catch and release. Trump started on catch and release, changed to zero tolerance and may now have to go back to catch and release. Not 100% yet, but looks that way.

Because of the current law (a minor cannot remained detained in a federal facility w/ adults for more than 20 days); zero tolerance and catch and release are the only two options. You cannot hold parents and children together; just as you cannot if my father went out and committed a crime today.

This has almost nothing to do with the Trump administration and in fact, the number of children separated from parents per year under the previous administration is almost 8x as many as under Trump now (averaged per year). Almost every image you see (as a poster noted above) is pre-2017. It's a "thing" now ... because TRUMP.

This admin should know that anything they do is scrutinized; regardless of the fact that all admins before did it quietly. Al the same, congress simply needs to pass a new law allowing these families to stay together while their waiting for a court date. Simple. I hope to see it happen.
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
Old 06-22-2018, 01:12 AM   #45
jdandns

Congress can pass anything they want, but it doesn't mean it won't get vetoed after someone (and it could be literally anyone) tells him at the last second that he'll look weak if he signs it. It's a problem for both sides, true, but the real issue remains that someone who lost by 3 million votes carries on as though they won by 30 million. Blow-back on everything is virtually guaranteed in such a scenario, but especially on things botched in such an overtly grotesque manner.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:34 AM   #46
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Congress can pass anything they want, but it doesn't mean it won't get vetoed after someone (and it could be literally anyone) tells him at the last second that he'll look weak if he signs it. It's a problem for both sides, true, but the real issue remains that someone who lost by 3 million votes carries on as though they won by 30 million. Blow-back on everything is virtually guaranteed in such a scenario, but especially on things botched in such an overtly grotesque manner.
There have been 2,600 Presidential veto's. Trump has 0.

Trump didn't lose by anything. Are you suggesting President's govern differently based on the # of votes they received in a Presidential election? Is Trump supposed to do more or less, I'm not following.

As for the botched comment; I'm not sure what you mean. I don't see anything botched, only outrage from people who thought this was OK in 2014 and now not OK in 2018.

Fake outrage from day 1. Fake images, fake stories ... all an agenda. Which is why when the House passes a clean bill on keeping families together, not a single democrat in the Senate will sign it. They get to say in November "Trump is ripping families apart AHHHHHH" Just watch.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:38 AM   #47
Astros19

Quote:
You're really good at "trying" to predict things. How do you know someone will tell him he'll look weak?
Fact is you don't. It just goes to show how much this has to do with your hatred for Trump and further more your huge disappointment that Hillary Clinton LOST the election.
I also see you failed to acknowledge the only vote tally that matters. The electoral college vote.
Off the top of my head I believe the tally was 306 for Trump and 232 for Hillary.
So for as much as you want the real issue to be something else, the real issue is he won by a large amount of electoral votes.
I know it pains you, but that's the reality.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:44 AM   #48
GoTribe!!!

Quote:
Well then, correct me.
You've been corrected, care to retort.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:53 AM   #49
jdandns

Quote:
You're really good at "trying" to predict things. How do you know someone will tell him he'll look weak?
Fact is you don't. It just goes to show how much this has to do with your hatred for Trump and further more your huge disappointment that Hillary Clinton LOST the election.
I also see you failed to acknowledge the only vote tally that matters. The electoral college vote.
Off the top of my head I believe the tally was 306 for Trump and 232 for Hillary.
So for as much as you want the real issue to be something else, the real issue is he won by a large amount of electoral votes.
I know it pains you, but that's the reality.
You don't know, because it doesn't pain me. It's what happened, and the only thing that could have happened, which is true of all things that have ever happened. The real issue of this thread, though, is the grief McHale's getting, but maybe he's just used to riding on the coat tails of a tall, blonde dude. I think Kevin's still sore at the Lakers for winning 5 in the 80's when his team only got 3. C'mon, man, even Bird got over it.

Last edited by jdandns; 06-22-2018 at 02:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:55 AM   #50
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
That goes both ways, hombre. Go no further than this subforum to find plenty of examples.
This guy gets it.