Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 10

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #151
Astros19

More lies from our left leaning media I see.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.157478978447

That's about as pitiful as one could get. But the libs lap it up.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:16 PM   #152
jdandns

What does any of this have to do with Kevin McHale?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #153
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
What does any of this have to do with Kevin McHale?
Out of all the the posts not directly related to Kevin McHale in this thread, it took you until someone posted something that you obviously don't like to suggest we get back on topic.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #154
jdandns

No, I suggested it earlier when I addressed the Kevin McHale issue itself. I neither like nor dislike Astros' off-topic link.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #155
rman112

Quote:
No, I suggested it earlier when I addressed the Kevin McHale issue itself. I neither like nor dislike Astros' off-topic link.
Exceptionally convenient timing.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #156
jdandns

How so? I talked about McHale himself yesterday. Do you only read your own posts?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:37 PM   #157
rman112

Quote:
How so? I talked about McHale himself yesterday. Do you only read your own posts?
I made sure to to back to page one.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:46 PM   #158
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros19 View Post
Holy cow! You love to grab hold of one simple comment and run with it.
And yes, for a while my identity was indeed ruined. Unlike others, I learned how to take care of matters and fixed things on my own.
I honestly don't understand what you're talking about. I don't know how I am taking anything out of context, can you elaborate to me on this?
Quote:
Me: How much has an illegal immigrants ruined your life?

You: A few years back I filed my income taxes. They were rejected because someone else had already used my social security number. My identity was stolen. I have no way to know for sure it was an illegal alien, but I have a pretty good feeling it was as my identity was only used for income tax purposes. I can also tell you it was and still is a major pain in the ass to have your identity stolen. It was and still is a very stressful thing to have happen to you.
I asked you a question, you responded. So instead of reading that response, I said, TLDR (basically means in summary), you had your identity stolen and you're not quite sure, but you think it was an illegal immigrant.

Am I missing something here? Can anyone sum this up differently for me?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #159
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyecards View Post
I honestly don't understand what you're talking about. I don't know how I am taking anything out of context, can you elaborate to me on this?

I asked you a question, you responded. So instead of reading that response, I said, TLDR (basically means in summary), you had your identity stolen and you're not quite sure, but you think it was an illegal immigrant.

Am I missing something here? Can anyone sum this up differently for me?

Here, go read this link.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal...illegal-aliens

Maybe you can contact some of they're remaining family members and ask them your stupid question.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #160
jdandns

Easy, Astro...
Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 PM   #161
coltsnsox07

Well that explains this then...
httprockets_cavaliers_basketball_30473725-e1529607791421[1] by tod wacko, on Flickr
And he doesn't like black people, wait that's just Dennis Rodman, no one likes him..
http://365c21a50985184b47d3b90b60a1f34b--celtics-basketball-basketball-legends[1] by tod wacko, on Flickr
Old 06-22-2018, 10:33 PM   #162
rman112

Him?

Did you just assume Dennis Rodman's gender?

How dare you!
Old 06-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #163
Athey49

I'm not a Trump fan (equally not a Hillary fan), but I like McHale even more now. Kudos to a celebrity actually standing up for what they believe in, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. Makes me wonder how many other celebrities/athletes actually support Trump but are too scared to publicly do so in fear that their liberal fans will tear them apart
Old 06-23-2018, 01:57 AM   #164
jdandns

I'll take a guess and say 46.1% of them.
Oh, Vince Vaughn, Rob Schneider, Scott Baio, and Pawn Stars guys, where art thou brethren?
Old 06-23-2018, 02:36 AM   #165
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athey49 View Post
I'm not a Trump fan (equally not a Hillary fan), but I like McHale even more now. Kudos to a celebrity actually standing up for what they believe in, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. Makes me wonder how many other celebrities/athletes actually support Trump but are too scared to publicly do so in fear that their liberal fans will tear them apart
What about all the NFL players standing up by kneeling down for what they believe? They don't get your blessing?
Old 06-23-2018, 03:43 AM   #166
Athey49

Talking

Quote:
I'll take a guess and say 46.1% of them.
Oh, Vince Vaughn, Rob Schneider, Scott Baio, and Pawn Stars guys, where art thou brethren?
There definitely aren't many famous Republican supporters, but I guarantee you they're out there..they just care about their brand more than their beliefs.
Thanks for doing the math for me too

Quote:
What about all the NFL players standing up by kneeling down for what they believe? They don't get your blessing?
I support someone who stands up for what they believe in if they do it right. Hell, the only reason Kaep started it was because he was pouting about being benched..but that's a different thread.

Last edited by Athey49; 06-23-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:48 AM   #167
hawkeyecards

Quote:

I support someone who stands up for what they believe in if they do it right. Hell, the only reason Kaep started it was because he was pouting about being benched..but that's a different thread.
Oh yah, they're not doing it right according to you, my bad.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:08 AM   #168
Athey49

Quote:
Oh yah, they're not doing it right according to you, my bad.
Yes, Kaep didn't do it right in my opinion. I mean he didn't even kneel the first time, he sat down and pouted after Gabbert started over him. Then he started kneeling. I respect what they're doing, even Kaep, I just don't think he handled it very well. I probably wasn't clear about that
Old 06-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #169
Siberian13

Quote:
You mean like Tom Brady?
Old 06-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #170
Astros19

Honestly, when did entertainment and sports figure's opinions start meaning anything.
These are people swimming in cash and don't have to live paycheck to paycheck like most Americans.
They can have their opinions, don't get me wrong, I just don't understand why normal people care what their opinions are.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #171
darth*winbid*
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros19 View Post
These are people swimming in cash and don't have to live paycheck to paycheck like most Americans.
They can have their opinions, don't get me wrong, I just don't understand why normal people care what their opinions are.
I feel the exact same way about News/Media/Talk Radio etc etc (all of them L or R)
Old 06-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #172
jdandns

It's definitely not just sports stars and TV personalities. There's a convention for YouTube stars going on out here, and it's a huge deal, apparently. Some of these people have certain followers that would likely do anything they asked, so the ability, and even desire to be influenced by others is getting stronger by the generation, I think...
Old 06-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #173
Astros19

I think it's commonly referred to as the dumbing down of America.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #174
chezball

Quote:
I also grew up in (and still live in) California. It remains among the greatest states in the Union, and a shining example of what America is supposed to be, despite the endless pot shots you feel compelled to take at it.
Really, where they're spending a billion dollars of tax payer money for illegals.
Cali doesn't give a @#$% about their US citizen.
https://t.co/sjEZiHWwzU
Old 06-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #175
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Really, where they're spending a billion dollars of tax payer money for illegals.
Cali doesn't give a @#$% about their US citizen.
https://t.co/sjEZiHWwzU
Thank you for the meaningless link to alarmist nonsense.
That, along with the terminology you employ only further reveals your petty bigotry.

Besides that, there's a whole bunch of "taker" states that should wake up every morning and thank their lucky stars for how much California kicks into the federal coffers. Wouldn't at all be surprised if you were in one of those.
Whatever. Handle your own business. We'll handle ours, and we're doing fine.