Blowout Cards Forums
2018 community chest

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-04-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
BostonNut

Default Official 2018 New England Patriots Thread

Hope Edleman comes back 100%, Butler seems to have ten toes and nine fingers out the door, Dion Lewis needs to be back. I'd take Burkhead back too.

Disappointing for sure but...as spoiled as we are it's hard to dwell on this one. Philly deserved it.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
3AND4

Who is replacing you O & D coaches? Will that have a big effect?
3AND4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #3
Dnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Hope Edleman comes back 100%, Butler seems to have ten toes and nine fingers out the door, Dion Lewis needs to be back. I'd take Burkhead back too.

Disappointing for sure but...as spoiled as we are it's hard to dwell on this one. Philly deserved it.
You guys need a better defense coach first lol
Dnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #4
ntgm37

I hope Dion and Butler follow Jimmy to SF. Good game and season.
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #5
Cavaliercards

Time for the Red Blob to go and have some new blood in at DC

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
Bowman1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3AND4 View Post
Who is replacing you O & D coaches? Will that have a big effect?

It doesnít seem to have slowed down the train over the past 15 years with the revolving door at those spots, someone new comes in and the outgoing guy fails miserably at his new HC gig.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bowman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #7
pac213up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnic View Post
You guys need a better defense coach first lol
The defensive coach was top notch. The defensive roster on the other hand....not so much.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
pac213up

Hightower and Edelman back. Offensive is set. Defensively the secondary is fine. Need to add some pass rushers up front on the D line and depth at linebacker. A second TE option is always a good idea as well.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
Oldschool42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Hightower and Edelman back. Offensive is set. Defensively the secondary is fine. Need to add some pass rushers up front on the D line and depth at linebacker. A second TE option is always a good idea as well.
Hightower and Bulter were both on the field for the first four games when the Pats got lit up. Pats D has been average at best for a long time, they have never had a lights out Ravens type defense. With Belichick and Patricia as coaches I donít understand why the Pats D hasnít been better over the years. Maybe statistically they have been ďgoodĒ but why arenít they better? Way too many 3rd and 4th down conversions all year. Does any team fear the Pats D?
The secondary is ok but would be ďbetterĒ if they had a d line that could pressure the QB and linebackers that could tackle! The run defense was awful last night (164 yards!). When the hell will we have a player that blows up receivers? The best corner will look average if the front 7 isnít putting pressure on the QB. When the hell will Malcolm Brown make a play? He canít hold Wilfolks jock. The Pats drafts over the years havenít been that good and it might be catching up with them.
That being said as long as Brady is Brady the Pats should be in the mix each year.
Oldschool42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #10
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool42 View Post
Hightower and Bulter were both on the field for the first four games when the Pats got lit up. Pats D has been average at best for a long time, they have never had a lights out Ravens type defense. With Belichick and Patricia as coaches I donít understand why the Pats D hasnít been better over the years. Maybe statistically they have been ďgoodĒ but why arenít they better? Way too many 3rd and 4th down conversions all year. Does any team fear the Pats D?
The secondary is ok but would be ďbetterĒ if they had a d line that could pressure the QB and linebackers that could tackle! The run defense was awful last night (164 yards!). When the hell will we have a player that blows up receivers? The best corner will look average if the front 7 isnít putting pressure on the QB. When the hell will Malcolm Brown make a play? He canít hold Wilfolks jock. The Pats drafts over the years havenít been that good and it might be catching up with them.
That being said as long as Brady is Brady the Pats should be in the mix each year.
Welcome to what Packers fans have been dealing with since 2010.
2017 Prizm Packers: 258/330 - 78.18% (expt Favre/Rodgers autos)
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
Cades

Hightower and Edelman back healthy will be nice.

Agree on bulkhead and Lewis, like to see solder and amendola back as well, but he has bee playing on well above team friendly deals for awhile now, after the playoffs he had I wouldn't be surprised if he wants.to get paid

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #12
Brian48

Amendola has been restructuring his contract for a few seasons now. He knows he doesn't have much of a market cache right now. It's really more whether the Pats will do him right by keeping a role open for him. As far as Solder is concerned, I would not be surprised if this was his last game. He's got a lot of issues with his infant son battling cancer and may choose to spend more time with his family going forward.

In my gut, I really thought this was the last big opportunity for this current tandem of Brady and Belichick. Sure, the team will be competitive next year, but I don't think they will win another SB together. It's a been a great run, but you can't sustain it forever.
Brian48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #13
craigjdudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian48 View Post
Amendola has been restructuring his contract for a few seasons now. He knows he doesn't have much of a market cache right now. It's really more whether the Pats will do him right by keeping a role open for him. As far as Solder is concerned, I would not be surprised if this was his last game. He's got a lot of issues with his infant son battling cancer and may choose to spend more time with his family going forward.

In my gut, I really thought this was the last big opportunity for this current tandem of Brady and Belichick. Sure, the team will be competitive next year, but I don't think they will win another SB together. It's a been a great run, but you can't sustain it forever.

I agree with you. I won't say the dynasty is over.. but I felt that this was the best shot at ring #6. We're losing both coordinators and I can see some key players leaving as well. That's going to be hard to replace and adjust to. Brady only has so many years left to save this team.

Yes it'll be great having Hightower, Edelman, Cannon, other depth players back. We really need to get help on D, especially the front 7.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #14
Dnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
The defensive coach was top notch. The defensive roster on the other hand....not so much.
Watching the games I beg to differ, why does the defense look terrible in the first half and better in the second? Maybe they should change their tactics earlier say in the second quarter? They rely heavily on Brady to keep them in the game that to me doesn't seem like they are in fact the "genius" defensive coaches everyone thinks they are imo....
Dnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #15
Bassplayah101

Beyond both Josh and Matt leaving, we have a laundry list of free agents this offseason, so there is undoubtedly some work to do.

Amendola
Bolden
Butler
Fleming
Flowers
Lewis
Slater
Solder
Burkhead
Bassplayah101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:19 PM   #16
Bassplayah101

Looks like Greg Schiano is expected to take over as defensive coord. for the Pats.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5969240-br...or?a_aid=40966
Old 02-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #17
ThoseBackPages

TOM

BRADY

PSA
ThoseBackPages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #18
Bassplayah101

McDaniels to possibly remain with the Patriots.

https://nesn.com/2018/02/nfl-rumors-...with-patriots/
Old 02-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #19
jjeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayah101 View Post
McDaniels to possibly remain with the Patriots.

https://nesn.com/2018/02/nfl-rumors-...with-patriots/
Makes me wonder if he may have some insider information as to when exactly Belichick plans to retire (sooner than later), and McDaniels is patiently waiting to ascend to the throne upon his departure.

Maybe two more years...?
jjeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #20
SaveMeTheGum

I have a bad feeling this Butler issue is going be bad news. We may never know exactly what prompted him being benched, but I do know he probably would have been able to make a play or two that was not made (especially a tackle or two) in a game where it basically came down to one play being made by one of the defenses.

When the players start to realize that this coaching decision could very well have cost them a ring, it could protentially divide the locker room.

Getting beat hurts, but Phili won that game fair and square. They out-coached and out-played the Pats. This whole Butler situation is what really stings.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #21
RedSoxFan28

Not watching the video, but was curious what he was going to say today. Never knew throwing for 505 yards, 3 TDs, 115 rating, 88 QBR was declining

Max Kellerman Believes Super Bowl LII Loss Is Proof Tom Brady Is Declining

Old 02-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #22
jasonm2121

What a crazy game. Hated to see it play out that way. It never felt like they had it but we all felt pretty good to start the drive, gotta give Philly credit, they played a tad better and seemed to want it more. I gotta think Butler is worth at least one or two third down stops.
jasonm2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #23
jjeanius

Kellerman is a total clown. He’s going to keep spouting the same nonsense for the next 2 or 3 years until it’s finally (inevitably) true.
jjeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #24
jasonm2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeanius View Post
Kellerman is a total clown. Heís going to keep spouting the same nonsense for the next 2 or 3 years until itís finally (inevitably) true.
What a genius, everyone dies. He is really on to something.
jasonm2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #25
MeteoriteGuy

Brady Revenge Tour 2.0?