Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #401
upsbroker06

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidbilly View Post
I suggested not busting in April to bust Archive and Bowman in May. Release date conflict was the only reason I suggested skipping April. to be fair to ALL
If the group wants to skip April and do 1 case of Archives and 1 case of 2012 Bowman in May that is fine with me. I don't care if we break Tribute or not. I just don't like skipping months.

It is clear we are going to need a poll to straighten this out though. Of that I am sure.
upsbroker06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #402
thatkidbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post

It is clear we are going to need a poll to straighten this out though. Of that I am sure.
I Like (via Faceboook)
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #403
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSeph View Post
What's the incentive for someone with the Marlins/Rockies/Nationals to participate in a club that breaks Museum or Archives that has about zero hits for them? Same with Heritage. I could buy team slots in case breaks when Bowman is released and do better than donating money to Yankees fans in this club for Museum Collection.

I think you're missing my point. If the club doesn't do 2 high-ends (or more) during the early season, you can double up on Bowman cases in May and get a master case of TTT towards the end of the year. And both of those products are overwhelmingly fair to everyone.

If you guys want to break Topps Archives all year long that's fine. Just don't expect someone with the Royals/Rockies/Marlins to stick around and pay dues all year when you're busting Heritage and Archives and Museum Collection.

And I would think that the more people you get to pay monthly dues (for "newer" teams), the more likely it is that you can bust a master case of TTT at the end of the year.

Just stating my opinion, not trying to tick anyone off. You can be "old team" oriented and have a small club that can't pay for a master case of TTT, or you can be "old and new team" oriented and fair to everyone and have a larger club that can get a master case of TTT every year.

How many of those "1963" coins from Heritage are going to go to a Rockies or Marlins owner? None.
I think you are missing the big picture and becoming to focused on "old team/new team". If we do 2 high end breaks during the course of 12 months the total cost would be about $4000, we will take in probably greater than $12000 during the year meaning $8000 will be put towards prospect driven products etc. This is what I meant by it can't be 50/50. In my opinion doing only two high end cases is better for those other teams. I think we have done and will continue to do a good job of mixing the product up.

And the Marlins and Rockies are unclaimed for a reason, they aren't good in most products.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #404
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolfson22 View Post
I actually agree with him... Not sure why his option wasn't on the list to be voted on. I want to bust product that has chances for hits (Auto/Relics) for a majority of teams not just a few.
It is, see option #2.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #405
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
I was hoping people would come to more of a consensus on what we should do. Not everyone is going to be happy every month unfortunately (I know I wasn't thrilled with Topps Series 1, but that's life), however it was stated at the beginning that we would do all ranges of product. Eventually we need to do a high end break (will probably do 2 during the course of the year).

Just for everyones information, a master case of TTT ran us about $3250 last year. Pretty difficult for us to do this and still break something each month. So that can pretty much be thrown out the window.

A lot of people (myself included) are against doing half cases or individual boxes.

So here are our options (2012 Heritage is already set for March and 2012 Bowman is already set for May) there wasn't an official poll for Bowman, but if you go back in the thread, a large number of people indicated they wanted 2012 Bowman for May. I will post a poll if need be, but think we can just do it here if we get enough input:

1) High end master case in April (Tribute or Museum Collection)

2) Continue as is, break Heritage in March, nothing in April and 1 case of 2012 Bowman/ 1 case of 2012 Archives in May (2012 Bowman will be the constant, the other case can be interchangeable). This means high end product in June or July.

3) Do a half case of Tribute/Museum Collection with club funds and those that wish to add funds can do so in April. (This would mean only 2012 Bowman for May)
See the bolded part, I will start a poll if need be, but thought we could do this in the thread. Apparently not.

I will start a poll in the next day or two trying to figure out what we want to do for April/May. Are the 3 choices I came up with okay for the group or should I come up with 5 or 6 more?

I thought I took a combination of the ideas and tried to group them together to make a few easy options to vote on.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #406
BigSeph
Banned

Quote:
I think you are missing the big picture and becoming to focused on "old team/new team". If we do 2 high end breaks during the course of 12 months the total cost would be about $4000, we will take in probably greater than $12000 during the year meaning $8000 will be put towards prospect driven products etc. This is what I meant by it can't be 50/50. In my opinion doing only two high end cases is better for those other teams. I think we have done and will continue to do a good job of mixing the product up.

And the Marlins and Rockies are unclaimed for a reason, they aren't good in most products.
And if we do Heritage one month, Museum another, Archives another, Tribute another, that's 1/3rd of the year that "new" teams don't really have anything to look forward to. Meanwhile, the poor pitiful Yankees had 3 out of 33 autos in Bowman last year, and it must really be hard on people to choose between checklists with 25% of the hits being Yankees or 10% of the hits.

Just drop me from the club altogether, don't really care for the "old dog" tone in some of these posts anyway.

I think the Marlins and Rockies are unclaimed for a different reason than you suspect.
BigSeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #407
gergs1134

Quote:
And if we do Heritage one month, Museum another, Archives another, Tribute another, that's 1/3rd of the year that "new" teams don't really have anything to look forward to. Meanwhile, the poor pitiful Yankees had 3 out of 33 autos in Bowman last year, and it must really be hard on people to choose between checklists with 25% of the hits being Yankees or 10% of the hits.

Just drop me from the club altogether, don't really care for the "old dog" tone in some of these posts anyway.

I think the Marlins and Rockies are unclaimed for a different reason than you suspect.
Consider the Royals now available, you are entitled to your opinion, not sure why you are upset though. This is all discussion.

I don't think anyone expects to break both Tribute and museum collection. Heritage was voted on by everyone and the others you mention are just ideas to be voted on.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #408
thatkidbilly

Quote:
you are entitled to your opinion, not sure why you are upset though. This is all discussion.
I agree. I thought everyone was just talking out loud, trying to gain clarity.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #409
skate81

As I am on backup for Royals, I will take Royals and drop Blue Jays. I will also keep the Reds, so that I have a "older team/newer team" combo and enhance my odds of getting hits in each of the breaks. I am happy with the selections so far and think the club is very well run, thanks.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #410
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate81 View Post
As I am on backup for Royals, I will take Royals and drop Blue Jays. I will also keep the Reds, so that I have a "older team/newer team" combo and enhance my odds of getting hits in each of the breaks. I am happy with the selections so far and think the club is very well run, thanks.
Got the changes made. Blue Jays are now the open team.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #411
Friarg

Quote:
no offense Skate81, but shouldn't the Royals be moved to the bottom of the random list for nonaffiliated hits? Chitty and I were relegated to the cellar when we picked up new teams....just sayin'
Friarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #412
Friarg

Quote:

1) High end master case in April (Tribute or Museum Collection)

2) Continue as is, break Heritage in March, nothing in April and 1 case of 2012 Bowman/ 1 case of 2012 Archives in May (2012 Bowman will be the constant, the other case can be interchangeable). This means high end product in June or July.

3) Do a half case of Tribute/Museum Collection with club funds and those that wish to add funds can do so in April. (This would mean only 2012 Bowman for May)
and just to weigh in: I vote #3. Want to break something each month without skipping. prefer to add extra funds if we're short on breaking something big.
Keep up the great work guys, bound to get some sour grapes now and again, but that's maturity/immaturity. Give democracy a chance...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #413
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friarg View Post
no offense Skate81, but shouldn't the Royals be moved to the bottom of the random list for nonaffiliated hits? Chitty and I were relegated to the cellar when we picked up new teams....just sayin'
Just my $.02 and my thought process may be wrong. Each owner has a spot regardless of team, the spot is linked with the owner name. When Houdini dropped his spots he gave up his spot in the random. The new owners each picked up additional spots. When skate picked up the Reds, he was placed at the back of the list, but the original spot is still intact, just a different team. Hope that makes sense.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #414
shawnlcards

Quote:

i will jump in and grab the Blue Jays.

thanks
shawnlcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #415
Friarg

Quote:
Just my $.02 and my thought process may be wrong. Each owner has a spot regardless of team, the spot is linked with the owner name. When Houdini dropped his spots he gave up his spot in the random. The new owners each picked up additional spots. When skate picked up the Reds, he was placed at the back of the list, but the original spot is still intact, just a different team. Hope that makes sense.
Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying. All good.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #416
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnlcards View Post
i will jump in and grab the Blue Jays.

thanks
Got you down, welcome aboard. Feel free to ask any questions that arise. March break will be 2012 Heritage, May will be 2012 Bowman. We will be setting up a poll to figure out April. I usually PM everybody with a link to the poll. Please subscribe to this thread as all information has been kept here.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #417
chittychitty844

I am so lost, but coming in to this club it was made clear that we would throw out options and majority vote wins. Sometimes it benefits the younger player pulls and sometimes the old timer pulls. I was lucky enough to get in with a couple of teams that are decent for both. I am not a fan of Bowman, so I vote for something else with the understanding that Majority wins. No biggy, I'll just bribe people to vote my way next time..hehe

Thanks to you two for handling the paypal and doing the actual breaks. I love the breaks without any of the work..woo hoo!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #418
Mike Yoder

I agree. We all probably have our favorite products. As long as we all have a vote I'm happy. Thanks for hosting & running these breaks I really enjoy being part of the club!!
Mike Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #419
gergs1134

Again, my wife trying to be funny.

Last edited by gergs1134; 02-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #420
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Wow. WTF was that all about?? Of course the Yankees are going to have the most hits in non prospect products. They have 349 hall of famers and other losers ()like Mattingly, etc that people collect.

We broke two things do far - Finest, which btw the Royals crushed, and Topps Series 1. The old teams like the Red Sox didn't get anything in either. Either did other old teams like the Tigers, etc.

We can't break all prospect driven product. We can't break all vet product. Hence the different products and the majority vote. By default not everyone is going to get a hit every break. Quite frankly if you're this whiny after crushing Finest and missing in Topps Series 1 I'm glad you dropped out. Seems like a major #@#@#@#@ing overreaction IMO. Getting mad at Brian bc he has the Yankees is just retarded.

Anyhow on a side note I'm against skipping months. Also against half cases. I'd rather just pay more $$$ for months we want to break something high end like we did last year. I am also for breaking Tribute split amongst those who are interested if the majority decides to forgo it.

Also for selfish reasons I'm all for busting something without 8 million base/parallels

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #421
BigSeph
Banned

Why am I being talked about after I dropped out?

Fill the slot, move on, act like an adult.

Don't call somebody "whiny" because they don't piss away $50/month watching grown men open baseball cards that don't benefit them.

I'm always amused when people who post on BO talk about people being "immature" or "whiners." You collect baseball cards.

I thought it would be interesting to join, we're talking about busting Finest/Topps/Heritage/Tribute in months 1-4. I think the Royals might have one auto in 3 of those 4 products, and very few hits overall. Should I pay $200 when 1/4 of the products is worth a sh!t to me? And btw I voted for 2010 BC the past 2 months, and there isn't even a Royals auto in there.

But there are SOME Royals RCs, and I viewed that as fair.

So stop talking about people once they're out of your little "club" on an internet message board. What's the point? Grow up and move on.
BigSeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #422
Friarg

Quote:
Fill the slot, move on, act like an adult.
Done. We've moved on.

Quote:
Why am I being talked about after I dropped out?
Please unsubscribe from the thread and visit no more. all will be well.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #423
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Don't call somebody "whiny" because they don't piss away $50/month watching grown men open baseball cards that don't benefit them.
No one forced you to join a club watching grown men open baseball cards

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #424
skate81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friarg View Post
I don't care about the nonaffiliated hits, put them wherever, bottom is fine with me. I didn't even look at that list. And if you have to start a sentence with "no offense" it will usually be an offense....just sayin

Last edited by skate81; 02-16-2012 at 02:17 PM.
skate81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #425
Friarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate81 View Post
I don't care about the nonaffiliated hits, put them wherever, bottom is fine with me. I didn't even look at that list. And if you have to start a sentence with "no offense" it will usually be an offense....just sayin
ok, man whatever. I didn't understand the process, and now it's been explained to me. why post that when you know it's just gonna antagonize someone? let's just quit the BS and break open some wax, yeah?