Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:42 AM   #1
mma138

Default ups

im realy fed up with them.

ups claims to have tried delivering this package 2 times and failed . there is always someone at my residence . this is a ongoing issue . they claim to have attempted to deliver a package and couldn't ? how can that be ? there is always someone here . ups leaves a notice on the front door . there is a sign on that door that specifically says to deliver to the back . im realy confused . isn't it there job to deliver the package ? so even if the driver doesn't see the sign , and no one attends to that door . shouldn't they make the attempt to the back door ? instead of just leaving and having to come back again ???? there is no doorbell on the front door . once again , I don't understand this . there job is to deliver packages and it just seems that they lazily make one attempt and then leave .........

or don't make the attempt at all ? but if they have time to put the notice on the door don't they have time to try the back door ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
mma138

anyone else having the same issue ? do you ever get a missed notice on your door and you knew you were home at the time ........
Old 03-15-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
shrevecity

They are not required to go to another door. Some leave it up to the driver discretion, others will forbid it. If the back door puts the delivery person out of site it becomes a safety hazard for them.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
Branesergen

If I know they're coming I usually keep an eye out, especially when I'm home. I get emails 2 days before, the day before and the day of that my package is coming so I know well in advance when to be on the lookout. I also understand that with hundreds of packages to deliver that they can't cater to me.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:02 AM   #5
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post

ups claims to have tried delivering this package 2 times and failed . there is always someone at my residence . this is a ongoing issue . they claim to have attempted to deliver a package and couldn't ? how can that be ? there is always someone here . ups leaves a notice on the front door . there is a sign on that door that specifically says to deliver to the back . im realy confused . isn't it there job to deliver the package ? so even if the driver doesn't see the sign , and no one attends to that door . shouldn't they make the attempt to the back door ? instead of just leaving and having to come back again ???? there is no doorbell on the front door . once again , I don't understand this . there job is to deliver packages and it just seems that they lazily make one attempt and then leave .........

or don't make the attempt at all ? but if they have time to put the notice on the door don't they have time to try the back door ?
Their job isn't to cater to your every demand. They have hundreds of packages to deliver and pickup per day. If YOU know you have a package coming YOU need to make sure you make it as easy as possible for the package to be delivered following their guidelines.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:27 AM   #6
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
They are not required to go to another door. Some leave it up to the driver discretion, others will forbid it. If the back door puts the delivery person out of site it becomes a safety hazard for them.
This^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Their job isn't to cater to your every demand. They have hundreds of packages to deliver and pickup per day. If YOU know you have a package coming YOU need to make sure you make it as easy as possible for the package to be delivered following their guidelines.
And this^^^
Old 03-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #7
oldgoldy97

Lol. Out of sight is a hazard? 23 year UPSer here and I’ve never heard that once. A smart driver would want to get rid of the package so they don’t need to go back the next day and possibly the third day (three attempts). If your driver knows that if someone will answer the back door then they should go right to that door.

However, the “someone is always home” card is played all the time. Is that someone always listening for the doorbell or knocking? Are they never in the shower or bathroom or in another part of the house? They never leave to go to the store or go for a walk or are taking a nap? I’ve heard all those reasons when the driver has gone back because the person swore they were home.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #8
hairysasquatch

[QUOTE=oldgoldy97;13336451

However, the “someone is always home” card is played all the time. Is that someone always listening for the doorbell or knocking? Are they never in the shower or bathroom or in another part of the house? They never leave to go to the store or go for a walk or are taking a nap? I’ve heard all those reasons when the driver has gone back because the person swore they were home.[/QUOTE]

Not I was rubbing one out and had to finish?
Old 03-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #9
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Not I was rubbing one out and had to finish?
Sounds like you speak from experience
Old 03-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #10
LCM1223

I'd like to buy a capital letter
LCM1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #11
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Lol. Out of sight is a hazard? 23 year UPSer here and I’ve never heard that once. A smart driver would want to get rid of the package so they don’t need to go back the next day and possibly the third day (three attempts). If your driver knows that if someone will answer the back door then they should go right to that door.

However, the “someone is always home” card is played all the time. Is that someone always listening for the doorbell or knocking? Are they never in the shower or bathroom or in another part of the house? They never leave to go to the store or go for a walk or are taking a nap? I’ve heard all those reasons when the driver has gone back because the person swore they were home.
I can actually say that mine doesn't ring the bell or knock and I am always home. My dog alerts me every single time there's a ring or a knock, whether I'm rubbing one out, in the bathroom or even asleep on the couch. If I leave I see my door, when I come back I see my door. Only time I've missed them when they could have knocked or rang is when my dog and I are out back but then I check before and after lol
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #12
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post

A smart driver would want to get rid of the package so they don’t need to go back the next day and possibly the third day (three attempts).

exactly ................... how hard is it to try the back door and get it right the first time ? seriously ??????????? your job is to deliver a freeking package ..........
Old 03-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #13
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Cant you set up specs and/or special info in your UPS account?
Old 03-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #14
SanAntonioSpurs

Send a message via Yahoo to SanAntonioSpurs

Quote:

Instead of making things difficult make them easy - get a wireless doorbell. You can install it in less time than it took you to make the sign if that's the only problem with the front door. Life is easy, people make it difficult.

I have three doors front, side, and back. Should the driver run around to all the doors if no one answers the front...? No.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sanantoniospurs21/albums
IG: mysportscardcollection
SanAntonioSpurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #15
IronMonkey415

Reminds me of the time a few African American UPS delivery guys knocking on my door to a beat and started beat boxing.

YOU GOT A TV!!! YOU GOT A TV !!! YOU GOT A TV they were singing that when I open the door.

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #16
kerg

kerg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #17
LRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Reminds me of the time a few African American UPS delivery guys knocking on my door to a beat and started beat boxing.

YOU GOT A TV!!! YOU GOT A TV !!! YOU GOT A TV they were singing that when I open the door.
Did you invite them in for some Funky Cold Medina?
Old 03-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #18
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
I can actually say that mine doesn't ring the bell or knock and I am always home. My dog alerts me every single time there's a ring or a knock, whether I'm rubbing one out, in the bathroom or even asleep on the couch. If I leave I see my door, when I come back I see my door. Only time I've missed them when they could have knocked or rang is when my dog and I are out back but then I check before and after lol
My dog (8-9 year Jack Russell terrier) always lets me know when a package has arrived via UPS or FedEx, which is weird since he lives at a different house than than I do and tells me by phone.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:06 PM   #19
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Sounds like you speak from experience
Nothing worse than running down the street with pants trailing from one leg, a wad of kleenex in hand, yelling "WAAAAIIT!!"
Old 03-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #20
cdub6238

Quote:
A smart driver would want to get rid of the package so they don’t need to go back the next day and possibly the third day (three attempts).

exactly ................... how hard is it to try the back door and get it right the first time ? seriously ??????????? your job is to deliver a freeking package ..........
no..their job is to deliver sometimes up to 1000 packages every single day, as well as pick-ups

the only reason you are getting a notice, is because your package needs to be signed for. If not for that, it would be left and marked as delivered.

so..how about instead of being a smartass/#@#@#@#@#@#@#@..you make things easier for them, since you KNOW said package has to be signed for..considerig your not the only package receiver for the day entitlement generation
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #21
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
no..their job is to deliver sometimes up to 1000 packages every single day, as well as pick-ups

the only reason you are getting a notice, is because your package needs to be signed for. If not for that, it would be left and marked as delivered.

so..how about instead of being a smartass/#@#@#@#@#@#@#@..you make things easier for them, since you KNOW said package has to be signed for..considerig your not the only package receiver for the day entitlement generation
yes , it would be left on the front door step for someone to come along and steal . another dumb ass move . which has happened twice .

I don't care how many packages he has to deliver a day. his job is to get the packages to each and every customer . each one is important .

so no one answers the front door ............... screw it .......... I will come back 2 more times knock on the door ........... no one will show up so then the customer will just have to pick it up at a access point ......... or hey ?????????? maybe I should try the back door ? since there is a sign right on the door that says please deliver packages to back door ........... wow what a great idea ........ this way I can actualy deliver the package and I wont have to come back ..........

there job is to deliver a freekin package , its not gonna kill them to try the back door and actualy get the job done ............
Old 03-16-2018, 01:13 AM   #22
gopherfan

I lice in a townhouse complex. My neighbor across the street has a door to their garage. He gets packages piled up there all the time. He has a sign there stating that it doesn't lead to his house, and the front door is in the front of the building (drivers come down the alley), and they still leave them there.

I work nights, and my wife works from home. I can't tell you how many times we have a note on the front door saying they tried to deliver, and nobody answered. We just look at each other and shake our heads. No way we both missed the doorbell or knock. Hell, the dog barks if the neighbors' doorbell rings. He wouldn't miss that.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #23
BostonNut

Again....if you know a package is coming why are you not making more of an effort?

This simply cannot be this hard...

Quote:
yes , it would be left on the front door step for someone to come along and steal . another dumb ass move . which has happened twice .

I don't care how many packages he has to deliver a day. his job is to get the packages to each and every customer . each one is important .

so no one answers the front door ............... screw it .......... I will come back 2 more times knock on the door ........... no one will show up so then the customer will just have to pick it up at a access point ......... or hey ?????????? maybe I should try the back door ? since there is a sign right on the door that says please deliver packages to back door ........... wow what a great idea ........ this way I can actualy deliver the package and I wont have to come back ..........

there job is to deliver a freekin package , its not gonna kill them to try the back door and actualy get the job done ............
Old 03-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #24
BostonNut

So what do you think happens? They get out of their truck...without the package...tip toe up to your door and leave the note as quietly as they can and then high tail it out of there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
I lice in a townhouse complex. My neighbor across the street has a door to their garage. He gets packages piled up there all the time. He has a sign there stating that it doesn't lead to his house, and the front door is in the front of the building (drivers come down the alley), and they still leave them there.

I work nights, and my wife works from home. I can't tell you how many times we have a note on the front door saying they tried to deliver, and nobody answered. We just look at each other and shake our heads. No way we both missed the doorbell or knock. Hell, the dog barks if the neighbors' doorbell rings. He wouldn't miss that.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #25
shrevecity

Quote:

What would be so hard about you waiting outside for thm to arrive. They typically arrive around the same time each day. Or if you are having issues with stolen packages and getting them getting a mailbox service at a UPS store or something similar. For about 30 a month they will sign for your packages.

You still have said nothing about the accessibility of your back door, that can make a big difference. Would they have to enter into a fenced in yard? Are there large dogs present?

YOU might could tip the driver or such, we leave our USPS driver a gift every so often and you would be amazed how out of the way he will go to see our packages are delivered. A little courtesy will get you further with delivery people than being rude and hateful to them.

Last edited by shrevecity; 03-16-2018 at 09:28 AM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote