Blowout Cards Forums
spook

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
NickM

Default Michigan State - burn it to the ground and salt the earth

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/tec...14/1042071001/

This is the female victim version of Jerry Sandusky.

The Michigan State-Penn State football game should be known as the Pervert Bowl.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."
NickM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
Siberian13

Sad that this stuff goes on. People are just disgusting. Like the crazy family in California that is in the news recently. What is wrong with people.
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
hairysasquatch

It's definitely a bad situation. Don't think the current MSU President came off too well here, either. Sad!
Old 01-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
TheFrenzy

Accountability is the solution. (to whatever degree there is one)

There are several positions out—pastor, police, soldier, physician, etc.—which inherently attract both the noblest and the nastiest humans out there. Layers and layers of accountability are what is needed.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #5
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Sad that this stuff goes on. People are just disgusting. Like the crazy family in California that is in the news recently. What is wrong with people.
California, sure, but they started that nonsense in Texas and lived there through 2010. While it probably sounds like I'm kidding, it may well turn out that they made the move out West to be closer to Disneyland. The "parents" absolutely love that place, it seems.
That city where the that was happening, Perris, is one over from us. You wouldn't think something like that would be going on driving through that neighborhood, but it really can happen anywhere, sadly, as we've seen time and again. Both should and likely will spend the rest of their lives in prison.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
California, sure, but they started that nonsense in Texas and lived there through 2010. While it probably sounds like I'm kidding, it may well turn out that they made the move out West to be closer to Disneyland. The "parents" absolutely love that place, it seems.
That city where the that was happening, Perris, is one over from us. You wouldn't think something like that would be going on driving through that neighborhood, but it really can happen anywhere, sadly, as we've seen time and again. Both should and likely will spend the rest of their lives in prison.
Death penalty in Texas right? How about California? Prison is too good for these people.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #7
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Death penalty in Texas right? How about California? Prison is too good for these people.
How about as soon as the word guilty is spoken by a jury, take them out back and shoot them. Save the law abiding, tax paying citizens the money of housing and feeding them until their appeals play out.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #8
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
How about as soon as the word guilty is spoken by a jury, take them out back and shoot them. Save the law abiding, tax paying citizens the money of housing and feeding them until their appeals play out.
Agreed. But don’t shoot them and waste good ammo. A sharp object can be used repeatedly.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #9
jdandns

No, they'll die in prison out here, but as extra punishment, the father should be shaved bald.
Monsters like him should not be allowed the awesome Dutchboy hairdo. That cut should be reserved for only the finest among us.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #10
Siberian13

Waste of money like most things in Cali
Old 01-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #11
duwal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post

The Michigan State-Penn State football game should be known as the Pervert Bowl.

sponsored by Subway
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #12
spuds1961

I read the whole article and I am surprised that no matter who these girls told what was going on nobody got anything done about it. I am starting to realize why these girls and women are afraid to come forward as it seems that their cries for help are falling on deaf ears.
spuds1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:39 AM   #13
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
I read the whole article and I am surprised that no matter who these girls told what was going on nobody got anything done about it. I am starting to realize why these girls and women are afraid to come forward as it seems that their cries for help are falling on deaf ears.
Exactly. That or they get slut shamed right off the bat. For as far as we have come as a society, there are some things we just never seem to let go.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 AM   #14
cnewby

Heres another gem from Michigan State College...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/12...ent-event.html
Old 01-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #15
JustinVerlander07

Disgusting, and the fact the president of the university is playing the victim card? Get any corrupt person in the university out of there. These people are sickos.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #16
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewby View Post
Heres another gem from Michigan State College...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/12...ent-event.html
To be fair, these types of events are rampant on many college campuses these days, with a general rule that the level of depravity is directly proportional to the exclusivity of the institution.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #17
jdandns

Not just "these" days. This is from a searing documentary on college life in the 1970's.

It is indeed a most disturbing world.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #18
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Not just "these" days. This is from a searing documentary on college life in the 1970's.

It is indeed a most disturbing world.
Ah, yes. I remember that documentary well.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #19
rcmb3220

The MSU board of trustees just got done with a previously unscheduled meeting and issued a statement supporting president Simon. Sorry, I don’t care about what you knew and when you knew it. It happened on your watch, you need to go. And the BoT needs to be voted out. Among many other changes that need to happen that are too numerous to list. For the record, MSU class of 1998.
rcmb3220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #20
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmb3220 View Post
The MSU board of trustees just got done with a previously unscheduled meeting and issued a statement supporting president Simon. Sorry, I don’t care about what you knew and when you knew it. It happened on your watch, you need to go. And the BoT needs to be voted out. Among many other changes that need to happen that are too numerous to list. For the record, MSU class of 1998.
This is going to be a sh*tstorm. People don't realize the damage that can be done with mishandled public relations situations like this one. She'll be gone. Just a matter of time.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #21
majestik101

Sentenced to 40-175 years. Seems about right.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #22
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
Shouldn't they just say forever with no chance of ever getting out?
Old 01-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #23
jusdukky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Yes! There would be a lot less crap going on if people knew that this could happen!!
jusdukky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #24
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
Not enough. This type of stuff is sickening. Bullets dont help. Injections dont help. Id rather they do get locked up as this stuff isnt treated lightly in the court yard.

Someone stated it above, if they can prove you knew and did nothing, you are guilty. Lives have been ruined over this, and many, many of these issues were preventable. I hope peace and emotion stability for those that have to deal with this. I cant fathom this, and hope I dont have to.

Im not an MSU grad and love my old t-shirt of 10 reasons why being a Spartan isnt a good thing (Lake State Grad), but root for MSU when the chance arises as its now the local home team. I've very glad this has come to light as will put an end to this continuing, but its a sad sad dark day for MSU, East Lansing, and the surrounding communities.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #25
bbtt123

While I agree MSU as a whole needs to be held accountable, I will say this:

I am associated with this case in a way as I know Larry as well as many who were named both victims as well as people in question of knowing about this incident. I met Larry back in 2002, he was the team doctor and personal friend of my now ex wife's father. I never had a good feeling about this guy and it always was weird being around him in a social situation. He had this aura around him that he was "god like" in the sense that people always said "oh that's Larry....team USA Larry". He was not unlike most doctors in the way he carried himself, high regard for his own knowledge and let you know how good he was at his job (real job, not the manipulating Sh!tbag profession he really did), but I just felt "off" about him.

Now I will honestly say those who "knew" of the rumblings about what he may or may not have been doing I believe in a sense. What I mean is this, EVERYONE was starstruck when he was around, he walked into a place and it was known he was in the building and everyone had respect for him. Coaches who may have been told of what he was doing were in a very weird spot, this guy is known for bring girls who are injured, hurt and barely able to perform back to health at a high success rate. That being said, he had history of being "the man", not just in the gymnastics world but in the medical world as well, this guy created a shield around himself which made people not want to question what he was doing because "how could you question what Larry does, he's amazing"

I'm not making any excuses for those who did nothing, my ex father in law is one of the people involved in this mess now and honestly while I would never wish trouble on him, he has enough skeletons in his closet that my wishes would be far back in that line. But what I will say is, these coaches (usually men) are put into positions with their gymnasts every day of practice which seems on the boarder of "wrong". My time visiting the gym you see girls stretching and a coach helping them stretch in a manner which seems strange if your not around that all the time, my point is, this sport is physical for those who coach it and yes it creates some questionable situations, especially with males who coach. That said, I can see some coaches chalking some of these complaints up to the nature of the sport and misconception, I had my own the first time I visited and expressed my opinion on the matter and was told by many (coaches/parents/gymnasts) that it wasn't as it seems and it's just different.

Now, maybe that is the issue here, people ingrained with "things are just different" and that ultimately let this whole situation slip through the cracks. Should it have? HELL NO, but again I'm only writing about what I can assume but remember, I think everyone should go down who was involved or had knowledge of any complaints. The circle of coaches both regionally and nationally is a very tight knit group, they cover for each other and believe me, shady stuff happens in that community. Larry was able to gain their trust and put them in a mindset that he was "untouchable" (yes bad wording but it's just a word).

MSU- Those who knew should be accountable, that said Joel Ferguson is the last person who should be able to speak for MSU on the account of his previous criminal charges. He's a joke of a person and a downright criminal in his business past in the city of Lansing. I'm a MSU fan, but bury every person who knew something.

This whole story is weird for me to watch, I'm removed from that circle but I know it.
bbtt123 is offline   Reply With Quote