Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bowman draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #51
gopherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by persona View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/us/la...urt/index.html

I would’ve done the exact same thing this Father did.
Watching the fathers actions made me laugh & tear up at the same time.
It’s so sickening & Fcked up that all these people knew for all these years and nothing was done.
The bad part about this is that now the father will likely get some jail time.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #52
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do in this case.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #53
cubfan131

Quote:
I highly doubt it. What DA would take it to trial? There is no jury that would convict him of anything. If he had actually injured the guy maybe but even that's a long shot. Worst case he pleads to a misdemeanor assault charge.
cubfan131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #54
Brobocop

Quote:
I could see one night in jail, maybe even the weekend, a small fine and that's it. A prosecutor that brought this to court would probably lose their job for a case no jury would ever convict on. Not worth it. These outbursts happen fairly often with these hot button cases. A defendant only has to say they had a moment of insanity and a jury would buy that in a heartbeat.

So, when is Michigan State going down?
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #55
no10pin

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...ssar-courtroom

He has apologized and the judge has already said nothing further will be done.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #56
TASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...ssar-courtroom

He has apologized and the judge has already said nothing further will be done.
Great call by a very classy judge!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #57
silverandblack

Very glad they didn't try to punish the father and its to bad the court officers didn't give him a head start before they tackled him. As a father of a young daughter I can only imagine what I would do if someone hurt my daughter like this. This poor guy had 3 daughters molested by this piece of garbage.

How these scumbags dont get the death penalty for these type of crimes is beyond me. I really hope he goes to gen pop and doesn't make it a week.

There are reports that there are over 250 victims and now reports are the USA gymnastics higher ups were told directly about the abuse and did nothing. I really hope other people go to jail over this. The scope of people that knew from Michigan state and the USA gymnastics program and did nothing is staggering. Anyone that they can prove knew and did nothing should spend the rest of their lives behind bars too.
silverandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #58
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverandblack View Post
How these scumbags dont get the death penalty for these type of crimes is beyond me. I really hope he goes to gen pop and doesn't make it a week.
I understand your sentiment and don't disagree, but when one considers the crime and punishment he got for the despicable crap he subjected those girls to, every single day in prison will be hell for him. He will be a major target of assaults and live in fear for the rest of his life. As this point, the death penalty would be merciful, even if letting him live feels like a waste of taxpayer money.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #59
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
I understand your sentiment and don't disagree, but when one considers the crime and punishment he got for the despicable crap he subjected those girls to, every single day in prison will be hell for him. He will be a major target of assaults and live in fear for the rest of his life. As this point, the death penalty would be merciful, even if letting him live feels like a waste of taxpayer money.
Sadly because of being a major target of assault, his lawyers will try to keep him out of general population and will probably get it.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #60
silverandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Sadly because of being a major target of assault, his lawyers will try to keep him out of general population and will probably get it.
This is exactly what will happen especially with the high profile nature of this case. It's pathetic that they give scumbags like this special treatment to keep him safe. Just throw him in gen pop and let him fend for himself.
silverandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #61
gopherfan

It would be nice if he was in get pop, but I don't see it happening. It would also be nice if some of the other fathers (like all 249 of them) tried to get at Nassar. They can claim that they aren't getting fair treatment if they get a harsher penalty than the other father.
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #62
Brobocop

Quote:
This is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion, but people like him should not be in general population for this very reason. We have a system of law, not a system of revenge. Justice doesn't always take the form of physical violence and pain. People like him are going to go away for the rest of their lives, living in a small cell with an hour or so outside. They are going to eat bad food and have limited access to the things that made life worth living. That is punishment enough. Him getting beaten or killed in prison by other inmates is not justice. I understand the desire to hurt the man, but the physical scars you may cause will heal, the emotional and mental scars he is going to gain here will last the rest of his life.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #63
Josh611

Quote:
Yup. Not a chance he will see be in the general population for a second. That’s about all he would last there.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #64
duwal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
This is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion, but people like him should not be in general population for this very reason. We have a system of law, not a system of revenge. Justice doesn't always take the form of physical violence and pain. People like him are going to go away for the rest of their lives, living in a small cell with an hour or so outside. They are going to eat bad food and have limited access to the things that made life worth living. That is punishment enough. Him getting beaten or killed in prison by other inmates is not justice. I understand the desire to hurt the man, but the physical scars you may cause will heal, the emotional and mental scars he is going to gain here will last the rest of his life.

Yes, that is quite the unpopular opinion. With the bolded part the emotional and mental scars that you ASSUME he might have (you might doubt that with his antics in court and not being sorry or taking much responsibility for him actions) pales in comparison to the emotional and mental scars that the girls will have for the rest of their lives. The emotional scars of the victims parents who encouraged their daughters to be a part of gymnastics without knowing what kind of monster they were handing off their daughters to.

Meanwhile he can get assimilated to prison life through time. There is bad food in prison yes but inmates also can purchase whatever commissary they want/need. Snacks, books/magazines. Most prisons inmates can rent stuff like Ipads. The problem with so many U.S. prisons is that there is concern about things not being comfortable enough or too tough for the inmates. Why do you think there are so many repeat offenders? Because being locked up is not a big thing for most once they have already lived in there before.
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #65
HBMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
It would be great if they put him in Gen Pop.
Allowing a prisoner to get killed while in the custody of a department of corrections = almost instant wrongful death lawsuit by the family of the prisoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Fox Sports didn't cover this story at all. Why?

Because they signed a 10 year/$150 million dollar contract with MSU in 2016. Despicable.
They may have a clause in their contract. Hard to say why they wouldn't say anything otherwise.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #66
zachtruitt

A clause that says they don't report the news on companies that they have business dealings with?

If Tom Izzo flew to the moon and broke it in half they wouldn't report on it? That's disgusting.
Interested in Orioles HOFers and current O's. Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia, please PM if you know of any for sale
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #67
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
A clause that says they don't report the news on companies that they have business dealings with?

If Tom Izzo flew to the moon and broke it in half they wouldn't report on it? That's disgusting.
No you gotta distract from that by making up another "LeBron spoke with team X about coming to them in 2018/2019" article.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #68
cnewby

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/29...port-says.html

Wow, unbelievable.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #69
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewby View Post
Gross how they've gotten away with this so far. There really has to be some severe, severe, penalties on MSU.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #70
no10pin

People: I can't imagine anything worse than this MSU scandal.

MSU: Hold our beers...
Old 03-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #71
hairysasquatch

It's over, Johnny (Spirit).....
Old 03-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #72
Saraste

Can the athletic department be given the death penalty for 10 years? Since it appears to goes to the highest levels, can the school lose its accreditation? That may be pushing it, but...

COMC 20% off auto-accept.
Saraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #73
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
Can the athletic department be given the death penalty for 10 years? Since it appears to goes to the highest levels, can the school lose its accreditation? That may be pushing it, but...
We are about to find out, I suspect...
Old 05-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #74
Boo

$500M settlement
Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #75
mnvikingstwins

And yet no actual sanctions against the school yet from ncaa