Blowout Cards Forums
2018 coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risquť images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:06 AM   #1
Ty Hope

Default The Tragedy of Soylo

I created a short parody to provide some laughs and express my displeasure with the current state of SW. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/fzLiaTOOMeI
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
Brobocop

Boy, this fan base really hates the thing they are a fan of. Also, just curious, did you like the prequels? If you don't like "Emo" Kylo Ren, what did you think of Anakin "I HATE THEM" Skywakler?
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
Ty Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Boy, this fan base really hates the thing they are a fan of. Also, just curious, did you like the prequels? If you don't like "Emo" Kylo Ren, what did you think of Anakin "I HATE THEM" Skywakler?
The prequels have flaws but I do indeed like them. The Kylo Ren line was just added because I had the figure. I actually like him.

And I am a pretty die hard SW fan. Which is why I hate TLJ. 7 was fun and set up tons of possibilities but 8... ugh.

For example:
- The entire side quest with Finn and Rose had no place in the movie.
- Flying Leia was cringe inducing. I wanted her to use the force but that was just embarrassing.
- I canít even talk about Luke. Makes me too angry.
- Holdo... who the hell is she? Akbar could have fit that role and got the heros death he deserved. Not some purple haired frail old lady.
- Snoke the joke... no more needs to be said.

And above all, it simply didnít feel SW to me. Especially not part two of a prequel. Whatís left thatís interesting? All the plot points from 7 were destroyed. Kylo is ok but no where near a Vader level villain. He has no mystique. Rey has become boring and predictable. Having her dabble in the dark side for example would give her some depth. She has none. Sheís little miss perfect.

I could go on, but its all been said. I love SW but am so against the direction itís taken that I needed to vent via parody. Itís childish yes, but was fun to do.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Ty Hope

If it helps, I’m also a big Indy Jones fan but detest 4. Same thing. It’s a horrible movie. Difference is that Indy films aren’t connected. SW is... which is what upsets me. There is a massive mess to clean up.