Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #176
COMCMax

Mahomes shooting up. They nasty patch definitely helps. Think the /13 versions will out sell his regular NT RPA?

PAT MAHOMES 2017 NATIONAL TREASURES FIRST OFF LINE RPA PATCH AUTOGRAPH 02/13
COMCMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #177
Archangel1775

In other news, those KC Chiefs fans must love Mahomes. The /13 listed is over $2k...

Edited to add: someone beat me to it! Now if people can show some running back love!
Old 03-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #178
Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel1775 View Post
In other news, those KC Chiefs fans must love Mahomes. The /13 listed is over $2k...

Edited to add: someone beat me to it! Now if people can show some running back love!
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMCMax View Post
Mahomes shooting up. They nasty patch definitely helps. Think the /13 versions will out sell his regular NT RPA?

PAT MAHOMES 2017 NATIONAL TREASURES FIRST OFF LINE RPA PATCH AUTOGRAPH 02/13
High Bidder, the same one that pushed this card over $1800 and now $2500, feedback of just 6 with 50% activity with this seller.

Just sayin.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #179
Edreedballhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayConley View Post
Guys,

Tons and tons of banter about this product. I'll clear a few things up where I can.

Full disclosure: I recently started breaking. I have a lot of this product. The stuff you read on this forum about how breakers get unlimited product from distributors at wholesale price is wholesale #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. I basically have to get these FOTL releases so I can supply the guys that break with me the products that they want. Thus far, I have been really, really pleased with the ones I have taken part in (only Select Basketball and NT Football).

I've broken a lot of football in the past, and there's some truth to everything that's been said wrt football cards in this thread. I've opened 11 cases of FOTL NT Football thus far. It's been an awesome, quality product. I do not know about resale value outside of the tops guys, but so far so good.

You can view the breaks here and draw your own conclusions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_f..._as=subscriber

What I've noticed recently is that there is a ton of angst on this forum (in every section). I'm no exception. It happens. What I can't understand is that people are actively rooting against products. There's no need for that. Who cares if this is "better" than Regular NT? What really constitutes a product being "better"? I can tell you, for sure, that those Acetate RPAs are some of the best looking cards I've seen in the last 4 years (since I got back into collecting).

If you don't want to participate in this product, simply do not. If you do, then by all means, do it! I know the people that have participated in my breaks have genuinely been pleased with the product. It has been FAR better received than Contenders Optic Football, which, again, in my opinion, was not a quality product. That's really all I know.
I'll be honest, I've never heard or seen your breaks before yesterday. However you seem like someone i'd love to break with, you seem like you really care about what and how you go about doing your breaks.
#1 wanted Mosley card. 2018 Flawless Platinum NFL shield.
Edreedballhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #180
JJT19

Id love to get in some more breaks of this
Old 03-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #181
CardCollector76

I just busted two cases. Pulled these two big ones. About to post pics of them all in the box breaks.
CardCollector76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #182
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector76 View Post
I just busted two cases. Pulled these two big ones. About to post pics of them all in the box breaks.
Man, they did the Mahomes right for this set. I want one, but it already looks like it is out of my reach
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #183
nicepakryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edreedballhawk View Post
I'll be honest, I've never heard or seen your breaks before yesterday. However you seem like someone i'd love to break with, you seem like you really care about what and how you go about doing your breaks.
Maybe the breaker can limit the number of Ebay 1/1 references or the Jordan Jersey # 1/1. Other than that, I had no problem watching this breaker.
nicepakryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #184
JayConley

Quote:
Thanks, man! These remarks mean a ton to me, truly. I just honestly love this hobby. Group breaking, in my opinion, is a boon to the hobby. A lot of these products are designed specifically for it and group breaks offer you the actual best price to get in on the super-high-end stuff, which is the super-desirable stuff. Sure, some guys gouge with pricing and there is a ton of variance involved in it. What industry doesn't have those guys that gouge pricing? Every single industry --that I know of-- does. And what things that have accompanying secondary markets don't have variance involved? Again, every single one that I'm familiar with does. Those are just my views.
JayConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #185
Edreedballhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepakryan View Post
Maybe the breaker can limit the number of Ebay 1/1 references or the Jordan Jersey # 1/1. Other than that, I had no problem watching this breaker.
Lol, I just assumed it was an inside joke or something.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #186
JayConley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepakryan View Post
Boy, if those strain your patience, I hope you're a Blake Bortles and Furkan Korkmaz fan. Otherwise, you won't stick around hahaha. I just try to make it fun, man. Somewhat of a buckshot approach, just see what hits. I parody the eBay market a ton, because it's a bit peculiar and funny to me to see how guys stretch their listings for perceived rarity.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #187
Edreedballhawk

Quote:
Boy, if those strain your patience, I hope you're a Blake Bortles and Furkan Korkmaz fan. Otherwise, you won't stick around hahaha. I just try to make it fun, man. Somewhat of a buckshot approach, just see what hits. I parody the eBay market a ton, because it's a bit peculiar and funny to me to see how guys stretch their listings for perceived rarity.
My favorite was "Tom Brady has lost three superbowls Blake Bortles has lost zero"
Old 03-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #188
JayConley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
Man, they did the Mahomes right for this set. I want one, but it already looks like it is out of my reach
Mahomes and Fournette are the only big names that we haven't hit yet! The search continues tonight and tomorrow!
Old 03-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #189
Archangel1775

Man that Kamara is nice. I just wish he'd slow down on his signature. After all the Optic autos,it's not the pen.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #190
JayConley

Quote:
My favorite was "Tom Brady has lost three superbowls Blake Bortles has lost zero"
Factual. I personally believe Bortles would have caught it, broke 3 tackles (minimum) and housed it.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #191
deltapi1049
Banned

Quote:
Mahomes and Fournette are the only big names that we haven't hit yet! The search continues tonight and tomorrow!
Been watching cases today, and we are seeing one A list guy per case.

My A list:

Trubisky
Mahomes
Watson
McCaffrey
Hunt
Kamara
Cook
Fournette
Juju

The other 3 in the case are 1 B list and 2 C list. At least 9/10 of them are crazy patches, so it doesnt hurt as bad when you pull Ardarius Stewart, unless that's your only box.
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #192
bedler

Send a message via Yahoo to bedler

Just got these

Tribusky #D 10/13 Jersey #

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #193
bravezfan4life

That Mitch will be huge bc of his jersey# but it seems like even Watson or Kamara your not getting your money back only Mahomes seems to be taking off
bravezfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #194
jts1224

Quote:
Guys,

Tons and tons of banter about this product. I'll clear a few things up where I can.

Full disclosure: I recently started breaking. I have a lot of this product. The stuff you read on this forum about how breakers get unlimited product from distributors at wholesale price is wholesale #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. I basically have to get these FOTL releases so I can supply the guys that break with me the products that they want. Thus far, I have been really, really pleased with the ones I have taken part in (only Select Basketball and NT Football).

I've broken a lot of football in the past, and there's some truth to everything that's been said wrt football cards in this thread. I've opened 11 cases of FOTL NT Football thus far. It's been an awesome, quality product. I do not know about resale value outside of the tops guys, but so far so good.

You can view the breaks here and draw your own conclusions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_f..._as=subscriber

What I've noticed recently is that there is a ton of angst on this forum (in every section). I'm no exception. It happens. What I can't understand is that people are actively rooting against products. There's no need for that. Who cares if this is "better" than Regular NT? What really constitutes a product being "better"? I can tell you, for sure, that those Acetate RPAs are some of the best looking cards I've seen in the last 4 years (since I got back into collecting).

If you don't want to participate in this product, simply do not. If you do, then by all means, do it! I know the people that have participated in my breaks have genuinely been pleased with the product. It has been FAR better received than Contenders Optic Football, which, again, in my opinion, was not a quality product. That's really all I know.
From a new collectors point of view (started in January) I'm loving NT. It does seem like a lot of backlash on good products like (vertex, yes expensive but those capstones.. awesome cards!) comes because of the ROI as people say, which I get to a point. But to completely trash a good product because of ROI only ruins the complete atmosphere of the entire product. I personally love vertex, not because of the ROI but because of the great looking cards. Same goes for NT. Most got into this to collect like myself, if I make money along the way great!

Jay, I was hesitant on NT at first but I'm glad i found your breaks of this FOTL NT and got the chance to hit some great PC cards! Been sold on it ever since(again new collectors perspective).
jts1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #195
dcarado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravezfan4life View Post
That Mitch will be huge bc of his jersey# but it seems like even Watson or Kamara your not getting your money back only Mahomes seems to be taking off
By "not getting your money back" I assume you mean on a case? If so I'm pretty sure nobody is expecting to get their money back on one rpa.

I will say the 3 or 4 cases I've seen today have had a bit better non /13 hits. Seen a lot of nice vet stuff. I've come around to the fact I probably missed out on some fun personals by passing on this, but there are some steals in case breaks right now with everyone chasing Chiefs/Texans.
dcarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #196
COMCMax

First Deshaun Watson listed.

2017 National Treasures Deshaun Watson Stars & Stripes FOTL RPA Auto #/13 Texans
COMCMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #197
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarado View Post
By "not getting your money back" I assume you mean on a case? If so I'm pretty sure nobody is expecting to get their money back on one rpa.

I will say the 3 or 4 cases I've seen today have had a bit better non /13 hits. Seen a lot of nice vet stuff. I've come around to the fact I probably missed out on some fun personals by passing on this, but there are some steals in case breaks right now with everyone chasing Chiefs/Texans.
So you started this thread and you didn't even get 1 pack?
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #198
CardCollector76

Considering there is a Mahomes already at $2500 I think you have a good chance of covering your $2k case with one of the big guys.

Last edited by CardCollector76; 03-19-2018 at 07:56 PM.
CardCollector76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #199
dcarado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
So you started this thread and you didn't even get 1 pack?
That's correct. Decided to go the group-break route as NT buckets is currently tying up a large portion of my funds. I don't foresee Panini doing anything similar to this for NT basketball as it sells itself, but I was very curious to see how it would be received by the football market. Seems like a success. This new monster that Panini has created with FOTL is a nice addition to the hobby IMO.
dcarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #200
kingsjason55

These /13 will bring a premimum for sure over all RPAs except for NFL shields. These cards are unreal congrats on hits. I got a Marlon Mack nothing crazy patch but nice cards. Have two more boxes coming in.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote