Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 03-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Astros19

Default Best offer keeps getting added to my auctions

Starting to really tick me off. I put up an auction WITHOUT a best offer option, and the next thing I know, I'm getting offers.
So I go ahead and check, and sure enough the auction has the best offer option.
Is this something Ebay is doing, and has anyone else experienced this.
Starting to get very annoyed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Astros19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
Rabs

No I have not noticed this. I just listed some cards with best offer and some without and they were listed correctly.

EDIT: Mine have all been listed from my laptop so it sounds like it is solely based on listing with mobile.

Last edited by Rabs; 03-16-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Rabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #3
mjohnatgt

Check the most recent seller updates. I seem to remember something about them adding best offers to some items. Have these been relisted multiple times?
Old 03-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #4
nman84

I believe if you sell fixed price via mobile app, then the best offer option is automatically added. This has been happening to me, it’s very annoying getting a ton of lowball offers when you weren’t even expecting them.
nman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:21 AM   #5
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nman84 View Post
I believe if you sell fixed price via mobile app, then the best offer option is automatically added. This has been happening to me, itís very annoying getting a ton of lowball offers when you werenít even expecting them.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Pretty sure its only happened with cards I've listed or relisted from the mobile app. Seems pretty brazen of Ebay to decide for me how I choose to sell my cards. Pisses me off actually.
Thanks guys.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #6
AnthonyCorona

Quote:
I believe if you sell fixed price via mobile app, then the best offer option is automatically added. This has been happening to me, itís very annoying getting a ton of lowball offers when you werenít even expecting them.
This is 100% true with me too. My wife has recently started using my account to sell and I'm having to go back and edit them because of low ball offers.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
This is 100% true with me too. My wife has recently started using my account to sell and I'm having to go back and edit them because of low ball offers.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Super annoying since I usually don't catch it until someone sends a ridiculous lowball offer.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:59 PM   #8
seth2720

This is SO annoying. It is automatically selected when you list if you dont opt out of it.

But then ebay will open the auction up to offers in a week if the view count is low. I need to check how to opt out of the feature all together.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:07 AM   #9
88horsepower

I've had an issue where when I select my shipping cost as $3.00, it lists it for something ridiculous like $9.85. It's very annoying. I've gotten to the point where I just list things with free shipping.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #10
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth2720 View Post
This is SO annoying. It is automatically selected when you list if you dont opt out of it.

But then ebay will open the auction up to offers in a week if the view count is low. I need to check how to opt out of the feature all together.
PLEASE, let me know if you figure out a way of opting out if this.
Why can't Ebay just leave well enough alone?

Old 03-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #11
Branesergen

Any of you tried logging in on a desktop, creating a listing and switching to advanced mode and un checking the box then trying again?

I only list from my pc and never run into these issues but not sure how it translates to mobile.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:30 PM   #12
seth2720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Any of you tried logging in on a desktop, creating a listing and switching to advanced mode and un checking the box then trying again?

I only list from my pc and never run into these issues but not sure how it translates to mobile.
Its gotta be an eBay mobile thing.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #13
seth2720

Quote:
Exactly! +1

Really annoying how eBay decides at what amount the auto decline is set at. Like they have any clue.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #14
Giantrobot

Yep, and eBay also changes my auctions to 30-day every damn time, even though I always do 7-day and it seems to remember the rest of my settings.
Giantrobot is offline   Reply With Quote