Blowout Cards Forums
blowout specials

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your BASEBALL Box & Case Breaks Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
zac949
Member
 
zac949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,751
Angry baseball - 2013 Super Box Rookies and Phenoms 2 Case Break Recap

This is the contents from 2 cases of 2013 Super Box Rookies and Phenoms. Case #'s 453 & 496 out of 500 made. Please share your thoughts.








The Baseball Auto is Willie Mays
zac949 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
jumbogorilla
Member
 
jumbogorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,905
Default

I know that they've been putting decent stuff in there of late, but I was talked into buying a few of these at the store by Scott and have had pretty terrible hits come out.

These two boxes look ouchy.
__________________
It's like deja vu all over again.
jumbogorilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
salgraphers
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 151
Default

I've seen about 20 cases of this opened and really I'd put that somewhere towards the bottom middle of those. Some nice stuff but some not so nice as well. I wish they wouldn't have loaded them with those Sano's and Sano memorabilia and those same Buxtons. I think I've seen a Sterling purple BGS 10 in every case. And about 10 of those Aarons.
salgraphers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
jbittma1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,914
Default

I really like the Nolan Ryan and the Jackie Robinson but I would be a little pissed after 2 cases and I walked away with that.

I hope your next round makes up for it.
jbittma1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
garciaparra
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 71
Default

eh..if you want to trade away anything lmk..thanks
garciaparra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
timfsu2k
Member
 
timfsu2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 2,250
Default

How much do these run? Looks like some pretty nice stuff, but it all depends on what you paid for the cases.
__________________
Nolan Ryan Collector
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
kencope
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,087
Default

My thoughts are that they're buying these on the secondary market at market prices and then repackaging them to make a profit. Their cost of production is much higher than that of regular card companies that pay very little per player autograph and the product has no way to deliver excellent value in the long run.
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Bob Loblaw
Member
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tampa - About to be hit by Irma...
Posts: 10,490
Default

Let me know if interested in selling the Adam Morgan.
__________________
Buying your Phillies RC autos!
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
slugger3469
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Posts: 2,913
Default

Is it just me or are the Super Box Sano autos 2 completely different signatures?
__________________
Paying finders fee for 2013 Bowman Joseph Monge White Ice 1/1, Mini Super 1/1 and printing plates. Looking for Sid Monge PSA 10's
slugger3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
browns345543
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Berlin Center Ohio
Posts: 896
Default

i would say that their some nice vintage stuff in there though
browns345543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
Abneric
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 736
Default

Trading the seaver
Abneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
Cubs_rock21
Member
 
Cubs_rock21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,145
Default

The humorous thing is that people actually believe the can pull that Super auto now...They number the boxes on the outside, which gives way to the conspiracy theorist to think they hold back the best hit until the product is almost dried up.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #13
HookEm19
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 551
Default

Price on the inception soler?
HookEm19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Super8er
Member
 
Super8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
The humorous thing is that people actually believe the can pull that Super auto now...They number the boxes on the outside, which gives way to the conspiracy theorist to think they hold back the best hit until the product is almost dried up.
I agree. The Super Box folks are business people like any other company. They're not selling these boxes for altruistic reasons, they want to make a profit. The minute the Puig super pops up, prices and interest in this product will drop fast.

This product - and other 'rehash' products like it - baffle me.
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #15
zac949
Member
 
zac949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
I agree. The Super Box folks are business people like any other company. They're not selling these boxes for altruistic reasons, they want to make a profit. The minute the Puig super pops up, prices and interest in this product will drop fast.

This product - and other 'rehash' products like it - baffle me.
The longer it takes to reveal this card the more skeptical I'm becoming.

It definitely should've been pulled by now.
__________________
Photo Bucket - http://s882.photobucket.com/user/zacnagy/library/?sort=3&page=1
PC Andrew Luck Always looking to trade for HIGH END Andrew Luck RC's and Auto's
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR 2012 CONTENDERS ANDREW LUCK PLAYOFF TICKET AUTO /99 GRADED BGS 9.5/10
zac949 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #16
thetheham
Member
 
thetheham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 420
Default

Personally I think this repackaged boxes stuff has run its course. How come every single case seems to have a Sano auto?

Like the Seaver and Ryan, but outside of that there really isn't anything phenomenal or stuff you couldn't find cheaper on the internet.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
nera20
Member
 
nera20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 25,555
Default

has the puig superfractor been pulled from this stuff yet?
__________________
I ONLY SHIP TO THE USA
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #18
speed_me
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 430
Default

Ha, I used to have that Nolan, wonder what number it is, should be out of /10. Still miss it with a little regret. Overall, not too great, but a few individual hits. Enjoy.
__________________
PC Shaun Alexander, Kellen Moore, Austin Pettis, & Titus Young.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/Zach_Reames/library
speed_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #19
AwesomeJuice
Member
 
AwesomeJuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,772
Default

SWEET sano autos man! sick pull! you don't come across many of those and to get two is just icing on the cake!
__________________
Elcletic Clector-Prospector
AwesomeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
mgugs46
Member
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,571
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Pretty bad. The 58 Mathews is cool, but raw don't sell for much at all.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #21
zac949
Member
 
zac949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,751
Default

Just got off the phone with Scott at SBayCards. He mentioned he's going to send me something to compensate for the missing case hits. . I'll definitely add a scan when it comes in. I must say, from my two phone calls with SBay, I feel they have really good customer service. I hope anybody who's dealt with them directly feels the same way.
__________________
Photo Bucket - http://s882.photobucket.com/user/zacnagy/library/?sort=3&page=1
PC Andrew Luck Always looking to trade for HIGH END Andrew Luck RC's and Auto's
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR 2012 CONTENDERS ANDREW LUCK PLAYOFF TICKET AUTO /99 GRADED BGS 9.5/10
zac949 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #22
matpat21
Member
 
matpat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac949 View Post
Just got off the phone with Scott at SBayCards. He mentioned he's going to send me something to compensate for the missing case hits. . I'll definitely add a scan when it comes in. I must say, from my two phone calls with SBay, I feel they have really good customer service. I hope anybody who's dealt with them directly feels the same way.
Lol good luck with that! I actually spoke with Scott as well because one of the few redemptions I pulled did not have any information on it as to who the signature was. While I was on the phone with him I asked him out of curiousity what the guaranteed case hit would have been because there definitely was not one and he danced around the question because there definitely was not one. He then proceeds to tell me that he will be sending me some free "super packs" to compensate me for the horrid case which lacked the guaranteed case hit.

Once my package arrived, I eagerly ripped into it, not for the $15 autographed baseballs but to see what the free super packs were all about and low and behold the free packs that he promised were not even included in the package. I emailed Scott back inquiring about the missing packs and of course it went unanswered, I emailed a few weeks later because at this point it was no longer about the packs but it was about integrity and being a man of your word. He did respond and asked me to call him. I called him a few different times and was put on hold for a long while each time and every time so each time I would end up just hanging up after a while because I don't need the additional stress in a hobby that is supposed to be fun and a stress reliever. I eventually just gave up wasting my time but have made it a point to share this story whenever I see fit and have actually been assured by multiple shops that I will never see another Sbay product in their store again.....Good Luck and I hope you have better luck than I did because dealing with him turned out to be nothing but a joke
matpat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #23
zac949
Member
 
zac949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpat21 View Post
Lol good luck with that! I actually spoke with Scott as well because one of the few redemptions I pulled did not have any information on it as to who the signature was. While I was on the phone with him I asked him out of curiousity what the guaranteed case hit would have been because there definitely was not one and he danced around the question because there definitely was not one. He then proceeds to tell me that he will be sending me some free "super packs" to compensate me for the horrid case which lacked the guaranteed case hit.

Once my package arrived, I eagerly ripped into it, not for the $15 autographed baseballs but to see what the free super packs were all about and low and behold the free packs that he promised were not even included in the package. I emailed Scott back inquiring about the missing packs and of course it went unanswered, I emailed a few weeks later because at this point it was no longer about the packs but it was about integrity and being a man of your word. He did respond and asked me to call him. I called him a few different times and was put on hold for a long while each time and every time so each time I would end up just hanging up after a while because I don't need the additional stress in a hobby that is supposed to be fun and a stress reliever. I eventually just gave up wasting my time but have made it a point to share this story whenever I see fit and have actually been assured by multiple shops that I will never see another Sbay product in their store again.....Good Luck and I hope you have better luck than I did because dealing with him turned out to be nothing but a joke
My experience was quite opposite, but I chose to call directly instead of email. Maybe timely followup didn't help in your case. Sorry for your troubles. I'm still on the fence with this product, but I'll definitely know my answer when I get my package from them.
__________________
Photo Bucket - http://s882.photobucket.com/user/zacnagy/library/?sort=3&page=1
PC Andrew Luck Always looking to trade for HIGH END Andrew Luck RC's and Auto's
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR 2012 CONTENDERS ANDREW LUCK PLAYOFF TICKET AUTO /99 GRADED BGS 9.5/10
zac949 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #24
matpat21
Member
 
matpat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac949 View Post
My experience was quite opposite, but I chose to call directly instead of email. Maybe timely followup didn't help in your case. Sorry for your troubles. I'm still on the fence with this product, but I'll definitely know my answer when I get my package from them.
Not sure if you are referring to me when you say "timely follow up did not help" but I called moments after I wrapped up opening the case, emailed the day that I received the package which did not contain what it was said to contain, I emailed again a few weeks later and then called a few times. I open wax and participate in this hobby as a stress reliever, I should not have had to jump through hoops in the first place. The case did not contain the guaranteed case hit that it was said to contain so I honestly should not have been surprised at all when the package did not have the contents that again I was told would have been in there. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black if you are in fact critiquing my timeliness when your original break was posted in the beginning of November yet here we are in February....
matpat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #25
zac949
Member
 
zac949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac949 View Post
Just got off the phone with Scott at SBayCards. He mentioned he's going to send me something to compensate for the missing case hits. . I'll definitely add a scan when it comes in. I must say, from my two phone calls with SBay, I feel they have really good customer service. I hope anybody who's dealt with them directly feels the same way.
Package just came in. These are the replacement hits.

__________________
Photo Bucket - http://s882.photobucket.com/user/zacnagy/library/?sort=3&page=1
PC Andrew Luck Always looking to trade for HIGH END Andrew Luck RC's and Auto's
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR 2012 CONTENDERS ANDREW LUCK PLAYOFF TICKET AUTO /99 GRADED BGS 9.5/10
zac949 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.