Blowout Cards Forums
blowout specials

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your BASEBALL Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
zac949

Angry baseball - 2013 Super Box Rookies and Phenoms 2 Case Break Recap

This is the contents from 2 cases of 2013 Super Box Rookies and Phenoms. Case #'s 453 & 496 out of 500 made. Please share your thoughts.

The Baseball Auto is Willie Mays
zac949 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
jumbogorilla

I know that they've been putting decent stuff in there of late, but I was talked into buying a few of these at the store by Scott and have had pretty terrible hits come out.

These two boxes look ouchy.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
salgraphers
Banned

I've seen about 20 cases of this opened and really I'd put that somewhere towards the bottom middle of those. Some nice stuff but some not so nice as well. I wish they wouldn't have loaded them with those Sano's and Sano memorabilia and those same Buxtons. I think I've seen a Sterling purple BGS 10 in every case. And about 10 of those Aarons.
salgraphers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
jbittma1

I really like the Nolan Ryan and the Jackie Robinson but I would be a little pissed after 2 cases and I walked away with that.

I hope your next round makes up for it.
jbittma1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
garciaparra
Banned

eh..if you want to trade away anything lmk..thanks
garciaparra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
timfsu2k

How much do these run? Looks like some pretty nice stuff, but it all depends on what you paid for the cases.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
kencope
Banned

My thoughts are that they're buying these on the secondary market at market prices and then repackaging them to make a profit. Their cost of production is much higher than that of regular card companies that pay very little per player autograph and the product has no way to deliver excellent value in the long run.
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Bob Loblaw

Let me know if interested in selling the Adam Morgan.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
slugger3469

Is it just me or are the Super Box Sano autos 2 completely different signatures?
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
browns345543

i would say that their some nice vintage stuff in there though
browns345543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
Abneric
Banned

Trading the seaver
Abneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
Cubs_rock21

The humorous thing is that people actually believe the can pull that Super auto now...They number the boxes on the outside, which gives way to the conspiracy theorist to think they hold back the best hit until the product is almost dried up.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #13
HookEm19
Banned

Price on the inception soler?
HookEm19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Super8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
The humorous thing is that people actually believe the can pull that Super auto now...They number the boxes on the outside, which gives way to the conspiracy theorist to think they hold back the best hit until the product is almost dried up.
I agree. The Super Box folks are business people like any other company. They're not selling these boxes for altruistic reasons, they want to make a profit. The minute the Puig super pops up, prices and interest in this product will drop fast.

This product - and other 'rehash' products like it - baffle me.
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #15
zac949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8er View Post
I agree. The Super Box folks are business people like any other company. They're not selling these boxes for altruistic reasons, they want to make a profit. The minute the Puig super pops up, prices and interest in this product will drop fast.

This product - and other 'rehash' products like it - baffle me.
The longer it takes to reveal this card the more skeptical I'm becoming.

It definitely should've been pulled by now.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #16
thetheham

Personally I think this repackaged boxes stuff has run its course. How come every single case seems to have a Sano auto?

Like the Seaver and Ryan, but outside of that there really isn't anything phenomenal or stuff you couldn't find cheaper on the internet.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
nera20

has the puig superfractor been pulled from this stuff yet?
Old 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #18
speed_me

Ha, I used to have that Nolan, wonder what number it is, should be out of /10. Still miss it with a little regret. Overall, not too great, but a few individual hits. Enjoy.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/Zach_Reames/library
speed_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #19
AwesomeJuice

SWEET sano autos man! sick pull! you don't come across many of those and to get two is just icing on the cake!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
mgugs46

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Pretty bad. The 58 Mathews is cool, but raw don't sell for much at all.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #21
zac949

Just got off the phone with Scott at SBayCards. He mentioned he's going to send me something to compensate for the missing case hits. . I'll definitely add a scan when it comes in. I must say, from my two phone calls with SBay, I feel they have really good customer service. I hope anybody who's dealt with them directly feels the same way.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #22
matpat21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac949 View Post
Just got off the phone with Scott at SBayCards. He mentioned he's going to send me something to compensate for the missing case hits. . I'll definitely add a scan when it comes in. I must say, from my two phone calls with SBay, I feel they have really good customer service. I hope anybody who's dealt with them directly feels the same way.
Lol good luck with that! I actually spoke with Scott as well because one of the few redemptions I pulled did not have any information on it as to who the signature was. While I was on the phone with him I asked him out of curiousity what the guaranteed case hit would have been because there definitely was not one and he danced around the question because there definitely was not one. He then proceeds to tell me that he will be sending me some free "super packs" to compensate me for the horrid case which lacked the guaranteed case hit.

Once my package arrived, I eagerly ripped into it, not for the $15 autographed baseballs but to see what the free super packs were all about and low and behold the free packs that he promised were not even included in the package. I emailed Scott back inquiring about the missing packs and of course it went unanswered, I emailed a few weeks later because at this point it was no longer about the packs but it was about integrity and being a man of your word. He did respond and asked me to call him. I called him a few different times and was put on hold for a long while each time and every time so each time I would end up just hanging up after a while because I don't need the additional stress in a hobby that is supposed to be fun and a stress reliever. I eventually just gave up wasting my time but have made it a point to share this story whenever I see fit and have actually been assured by multiple shops that I will never see another Sbay product in their store again.....Good Luck and I hope you have better luck than I did because dealing with him turned out to be nothing but a joke
matpat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #23
zac949

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpat21 View Post
Lol good luck with that! I actually spoke with Scott as well because one of the few redemptions I pulled did not have any information on it as to who the signature was. While I was on the phone with him I asked him out of curiousity what the guaranteed case hit would have been because there definitely was not one and he danced around the question because there definitely was not one. He then proceeds to tell me that he will be sending me some free "super packs" to compensate me for the horrid case which lacked the guaranteed case hit.

Once my package arrived, I eagerly ripped into it, not for the $15 autographed baseballs but to see what the free super packs were all about and low and behold the free packs that he promised were not even included in the package. I emailed Scott back inquiring about the missing packs and of course it went unanswered, I emailed a few weeks later because at this point it was no longer about the packs but it was about integrity and being a man of your word. He did respond and asked me to call him. I called him a few different times and was put on hold for a long while each time and every time so each time I would end up just hanging up after a while because I don't need the additional stress in a hobby that is supposed to be fun and a stress reliever. I eventually just gave up wasting my time but have made it a point to share this story whenever I see fit and have actually been assured by multiple shops that I will never see another Sbay product in their store again.....Good Luck and I hope you have better luck than I did because dealing with him turned out to be nothing but a joke
My experience was quite opposite, but I chose to call directly instead of email. Maybe timely followup didn't help in your case. Sorry for your troubles. I'm still on the fence with this product, but I'll definitely know my answer when I get my package from them.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #24
matpat21

Quote:
My experience was quite opposite, but I chose to call directly instead of email. Maybe timely followup didn't help in your case. Sorry for your troubles. I'm still on the fence with this product, but I'll definitely know my answer when I get my package from them.
Not sure if you are referring to me when you say "timely follow up did not help" but I called moments after I wrapped up opening the case, emailed the day that I received the package which did not contain what it was said to contain, I emailed again a few weeks later and then called a few times. I open wax and participate in this hobby as a stress reliever, I should not have had to jump through hoops in the first place. The case did not contain the guaranteed case hit that it was said to contain so I honestly should not have been surprised at all when the package did not have the contents that again I was told would have been in there. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black if you are in fact critiquing my timeliness when your original break was posted in the beginning of November yet here we are in February....
matpat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #25
zac949

Quote:
Package just came in. These are the replacement hits.