Blowout Cards Forums
This just in

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
BSUFan

Default Retaliation feedback EBAY

So I purchased some 8x10 reprint photos from member raqu786 a while back. In the description it stated if you buy five or more you get one free. So I bought five and sent the seller my pick for the free one. I got my package about a week later with only the five I bought and no extra as stated. The free pic was the reason I bought from him. Also the photos were not 8x10 and had to be cut down to size.

I then contacted raqu786 to let him know about it and he said "I never got your request for the Woods Pic, I have checked all my messages and my E-mail and I can't find it. I did include an extra Pic in your shipment though. You have bought from me before so next time you purchase just let me know and I will include the Pic you like."

That was not acceptable to me because 1)He says he did send an extra pic, which he didnt 2)He says Ive bought from him before, which I havnt 3)He says he will just include an extra pic next time I buy from him, which at that point I never wanted to buy from him again.

I let him know there wasnt a extra and I have made no purchases from him before to which he dosnt respond back. I tried to work with him but it seemed like he didnt care so I left him a negative feedback. After I did that he reponded with this, "Probably not that smart leaving a negative, You sell stuff too and I have lots of friends that do E-Bay that would love to buy from you. I had already told you that I would send the extra Pic and now I guess I won't. It hurts to lose the 100% soon you will know the feeling."

After that I stopped selling for a while. I didnt know what to do and I didnt want to recieve a retaliation feedback. I thought about contacting ebay then with the threat he made but never did. I regret it now.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I started to sell again and even opened a ebay store. I thought everything would be fine until member brpestcontrol2011 bought one of my items. He paid and when the item got to him he left me a negative stating "Card has a crease and the Sig. is smudged. Not at all happy with purchase." The negative confused me because the buyer never contacted me before he left it and I knew it couldnt be true. I did some research and saw the buyers name and address to be the exact same as raqu786.

Ive contacted ebay. Think they will do anything about this?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFan View Post
So I purchased some 8x10 reprint photos from member raqu786 a while back. In the description it stated if you buy five or more you get one free. So I bought five and sent the seller my pick for the free one. I got my package about a week later with only the five I bought and no extra as stated. The free pic was the reason I bought from him. Also the photos were not 8x10 and had to be cut down to size.

I then contacted raqu786 to let him know about it and he said "I never got your request for the Woods Pic, I have checked all my messages and my E-mail and I can't find it. I did include an extra Pic in your shipment though. You have bought from me before so next time you purchase just let me know and I will include the Pic you like."

That was not acceptable to me because 1)He says he did send an extra pic, which he didnt 2)He says Ive bought from him before, which I havnt 3)He says he will just include an extra pic next time I buy from him, which at that point I never wanted to buy from him again.

I let him know there wasnt a extra and I have made no purchases from him before to which he dosnt respond back. I tried to work with him but it seemed like he didnt care so I left him a negative feedback. After I did that he reponded with this, "Probably not that smart leaving a negative, You sell stuff too and I have lots of friends that do E-Bay that would love to buy from you. I had already told you that I would send the extra Pic and now I guess I won't. It hurts to lose the 100% soon you will know the feeling."

After that I stopped selling for a while. I didnt know what to do and I didnt want to recieve a retaliation feedback. I thought about contacting ebay then with the threat he made but never did. I regret it now.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I started to sell again and even opened a ebay store. I thought everything would be fine until member brpestcontrol2011 bought one of my items. He paid and when the item got to him he left me a negative stating "Card has a crease and the Sig. is smudged. Not at all happy with purchase." The negative confused me because the buyer never contacted me before he left it and I knew it couldnt be true. I did some research and saw the buyers name and address to be the exact same as raqu786.

Ive contacted ebay. Think they will do anything about this?

If you provide them with proof they might but without buyers Ebay makes no money so probably not
Old 04-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
alexlazarevich

I would hope eBay would do something about it. You have the threat in a message, and the name/address is the same for both accounts, that is proof enough that the seller made true on his threat to you.

Regarding your neg, if brpestcontrol2011 really didn't contact you about any issue, and left a negative anyway, there is a good chance eBay will remove that feedback.

In fact, seller updates in June (?) will not allow buyers to leave negative feedback (or is it auto 5* DSR's?) if the following conditions are met:

- tracking provided within 24 hours
- 14 day return policy for transaction
- no communication between buyer/seller was needed in the transaction

Either way, I'm very curious what the outcome is of your neg, please keep us updated. And good luck!

Alex
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
BSUFan

They said they would let me know in a few days what they decide. I just sent a email to them, maybe I should call them if nothing happens. Hopefully this dosnt turn out to be a war beteen the seller and I and his "friends". I really dont want to always worry if the person who just bought something from me plans to leave a neg no matter what.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
alexlazarevich

I know the feeling. I have had a recent threat made against my account as well. It's not pleasant. Just remember, everyone who sells on eBay long enough will get some negatives. Everyone. Even if the Dali Lama started selling on eBay, I bet he'd have some negs too. It's par for the course. Don't take it personal. And don't get involved in the "war" or start flaming the buyer with feedback response. Just be professional and keep trying to sell to the good buyers out there. Most buyers won't let a neg scare them away, they know eBay is a minefield.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
durstlimpbizkit

Guy sounds like a headcase. If you can't get the neg removed it's not like people will just stop buying from you... but retaliation like that is childish especially considering how he didn't hold up his end of the bargain.

It's not like someone stopped your mailer, took out the free pic he put inside it, and then resealed it. Gotta love it how people will lie over the internet.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
bigzig

Was the original id on your blocked buyer list? It may be a hassle getting thru to someone that is willing to help, but the neg should be removed.

Alex, I believe you are referring to how to get an auto 5 star for communication. I don't remember the exact details, but basically if there is no need for direct communication then the buyer can't ding you just to be dinging you.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
bigzig

I would also suggest seperate ebay id's. One for buying, and one for selling for exactly this type situation. You never know when you may have a situation where you need to leave honest feedback, and have to worry about retaliation.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
BSUFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Was the original id on your blocked buyer list? It may be a hassle getting thru to someone that is willing to help, but the neg should be removed.

Alex, I believe you are referring to how to get an auto 5 star for communication. I don't remember the exact details, but basically if there is no need for direct communication then the buyer can't ding you just to be dinging you.
Yeah I put him on my block list right after I left him a negative. Now both usernames are on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
I would also suggest seperate ebay id's. One for buying, and one for selling for exactly this type situation. You never know when you may have a situation where you need to leave honest feedback, and have to worry about retaliation.
Definitely think this is the way to go. Thanks