Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
2012 SP COLLECT
Member
 
2012 SP COLLECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,481
Default In the hospital. Severe Food Poisoning!

Was admitted Sunday night. Started with intense vomiting followed by intense diarrhea.

I have never in my life felt pain like this. My stomach got to the size of a beach ball. Felt like someone was slowly cutting me with a knife.

Fast forward 6 hours and I'm in bed and can't move my body was completely white with my lips purple.

Had to call a ambulance. Didn't help that I got the three stogies. Even with the GPS they were using we got lost.

Finally got here and I'm currently on my ninth bag of fluid. Vomiting has stoped but they cannot stop the diarrhea. Currently on a all liquid diet.



Just before Christmas. FML


Click image for larger version

Name:	1219171139.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	398808
2012 SP COLLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
spuds1961
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Terry,Ms.
Posts: 6,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 SP COLLECT View Post
Was admitted Sunday night. Started with intense vomiting followed by intense diarrhea.

I have never in my life felt pain like this. My stomach got to the size of a beach ball. Felt like someone was slowly cutting me with a knife.

Fast forward 6 hours and I'm in bed and can't move my body was completely white with my lips purple.

Had to call a ambulance. Didn't help that I got the three stogies. Even with the GPS they were using we got lost.

Finally got here and I'm currently on my ninth bag of fluid. Vomiting has stoped but they cannot stop the diarrhea. Currently on a all liquid diet.



Just before Christmas. FML


Attachment 398808
Ouch, sorry to hear that I hope you get to feeling better, any idea what you ate to give you food poisoning.
spuds1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
BostonNut
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35,205
Default

What did you eat?
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
2012 SP COLLECT
Member
 
2012 SP COLLECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
What did you eat?
I had McDonald's spicy Chicken Sandwich. Doctor thinks it may have been undercooked. Won't know until they get my results from my stool sample.

I will never eat McDonald's ever again.
2012 SP COLLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #5
2012 SP COLLECT
Member
 
2012 SP COLLECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,481
Default

First meal today.

1. Chicken broth- Not bad
2. Apple Juice- Pretty good
3. Crappy Tea with no sugar- Sucked
4. Some type of alien jello that had a weird taste- Crap
5. Freezed Italian Ice. What?

My brother does have a dark since of humor and offered to pick me up a Spicy chicken sandwich from McDonald's. I kindly declined.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1219171521.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	461.1 KB
ID:	398811
2012 SP COLLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
BostonNut
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 SP COLLECT View Post
I had McDonald's spicy Chicken Sandwich. Doctor thinks it may have been undercooked. Won't know until they get my results from my stool sample.

I will never eat McDonald's ever again.
Yup, that will do it.

SUE 'EM!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #7
Pearce77
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,827
Default

SpicyChicken by P77, on Flickr
Pearce77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
Wombat
Member
 
Wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Tarkine
Posts: 611
Default

Ronald's Revenge
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #9
2012 SP COLLECT
Member
 
2012 SP COLLECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Yup, that will do it.

SUE 'EM!
Don't know if I even have a case. If the doctor proves it was salmonella in the chicken I still think there is no chance.
2012 SP COLLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #10
JosieD
Member
 
JosieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,783
Default

I hope you feel better soon!
__________________
#TEAMConnor #TeamLeoneez

"A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money." John Ruskin
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #11
majestik101
Member
 
majestik101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Smelly California
Posts: 16,925
Default

So apparently.... you're not lovin' it
majestik101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #12
Pearce77
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 SP COLLECT View Post
Don't know if I even have a case. If the doctor proves it was salmonella in the chicken I still think there is no chance.
Just a case of the poops.
Pearce77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #13
packman80
Member
 
packman80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 SP COLLECT View Post
I had McDonald's spicy Chicken Sandwich. Doctor thinks it may have been undercooked. Won't know until they get my results from my stool sample.

I will never eat McDonald's ever again.
Go back to McDs and just leave a nasty gift in bathroom for them
__________________
I collect Green Bay Packers!!!

http://s445.photobucket.com/user/GBP4EVER/library/Packers%20Collectables?sort=3&page=1
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #14
2012 SP COLLECT
Member
 
2012 SP COLLECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,481
Default

Just had a code blue down the hall. It was just like the movies. A bunch of nurses running down the hallway. One nurse screaming to another nurse "Do you have a pulse, I SAID DO YOU HAVE A PULSE!!!!"... I just laid here terrified for the gentleman. Unfortunately he did not make it. I hate it here and want to leave NOW.
2012 SP COLLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #15
hairysasquatch
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the Woods, Central NY
Posts: 11,364
Default

Wow you have been there close to 48 hours? Damn, dude. Hope you're feeling better soon! They must have the stool back by now, right?
__________________
"The single most inessential member of this entire forum" - pazerbaijan, October 7, 2018
hairysasquatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #16
deansayso
Member
 
deansayso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearce77 View Post
Just a case of the poops.
deansayso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #17
BostonNut
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
That looks delicious! Going to make myself one now!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #18
carlo16
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 SP COLLECT View Post
Just had a code blue down the hall. It was just like the movies. A bunch of nurses running down the hallway. One nurse screaming to another nurse "Do you have a pulse, I SAID DO YOU HAVE A PULSE!!!!"... I just laid here terrified for the gentleman. Unfortunately he did not make it. I hate it here and want to leave NOW.
Code blue down the hall from the code brown?
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #19
2012 SP COLLECT
Member
 
2012 SP COLLECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Wow you have been there close to 48 hours? Damn, dude. Hope you're feeling better soon! They must have the stool back by now, right?
Good News: Just talked to the doctor about 30 minutes ago. Stool sample came back negative so that's good.

Bad News: Doctors still don't know what's wrong with me. They are doing blood work every 4-6 hours. Heart rate is slow due to the dehydration.

It feels like im slowly coming back to life. I can walk now and the doctor approved me for a fiber only diet.

I asked if I could please go home as I am feeling better. He kindly smiled and said not a chance until they figure out what's wrong with me.

Gonna try and ask if I can take a shower. I'm not the most pleasant person to smell right now. Poo and vomit is not a good smell.
2012 SP COLLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #20
Saraste
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 3,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 SP COLLECT View Post
I hate it here and want to leave NOW.
I assume someone has told you that your body has gone through significant trauma with this and it will take some time for you to recover. It sounds like you will be there long enough for them to be satisfied you can eat solid food again.

As for McDonald's, I sometimes get an urge for some of their fries, but aside from that, not so much. Hang in there.

Edit: they should let you take a shower if you can stand long enough to do it. If not, they can get you one of those chairs for the shower. Of course you could ask for a sponge bath and a pretty nurse to deliver it!
__________________
I PC Doug Waechter, Jared Sandberg, 1977-97 Eddie Murray, and 1986-95 Bo Jackson. I buy all 2003 Doug Waechter /100 or less. Buying 2007 Fleer Mini Die-Cut Gold Parallels.

COMC 20% off auto-accept.

Last edited by Saraste; 12-19-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Saraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #21
Dbacksbaseball
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,605
Default

Dang man. Best of luck. Get better!!!
__________________
I'm Blowout's Adam Eaton Guy
Proud Owner of the Bowman and Topps Chrome Eaton Auto RC Rainbows
Dbacksbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #22
2012 SP COLLECT
Member
 
2012 SP COLLECT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
I assume someone has told you that your body has gone through significant trauma with this and it will take some time for you to recover. It sounds like you will be there long enough for them to be satisfied you can eat solid food again.

As for McDonald's, I sometimes get an urge for some of their fries, but aside from that, not so much. Hang in there.

Edit: they should let you take a shower if you can stand long enough to do it. If not, they can get you one of those chairs for the shower. Of course you could ask for a sponge bath and a pretty nurse to deliver it!
Yeah they informed me it was pretty bad. My shower currently has one of those chairs.

I also have one of those rolling chairs with a toilet on it! Not going to lie it's kinda cool to just get up and poop without having to unplug my machine every time.
2012 SP COLLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #23
LRV
Member
 
LRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Where I'm At
Posts: 4,552
Default

Hang in there, Iron Monkey is on the way to visit you..
__________________
"How much sleep do you need to go play three hours?" - Ken Stabler
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
LRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #24
123GHJ
Member
 
123GHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearce77 View Post
Just a case of the poops.
.....

Last edited by 123GHJ; 12-19-2017 at 07:06 PM.
123GHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:37 PM   #25
Bader
Member
 
Bader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 1,757
Default

food poisoning sucks it's been awhile since I've gotten it but luckily never been hospitalized from it...hope you feel better
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.