Blowout Cards Forums
incentives bonus

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Notices

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce yourself and read our General Rules

Old 01-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
ChippewaThunder

Default Hello from NC

Hi everyone,

I suppose this is where I introduce myself. I'm Andrew and I'm 32 living in the Charlotte area. I used to be really into collecting cards, specifically basketball cards, as a 90's "Jordan" kid. I recently rediscovered my forgotten collection and spent hours pouring over it, realizing once again the thrill of finding that truly special card and the hunt for something even more special. I'll admit that I am a complete novice when it comes to knowledge on the subject of trading cards, but am hoping I will learn more through this forum and further expand my collection. I look forward to the interesting discussions, debates, questions and flaunting this forum encourages. Thanks for adding me and I hope to see you in a thread soon.

Andrew
ChippewaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
barberromo2008

Welcome to the boards Andrew. Of all the sports, I think basketball ball cards have changed the least and here is why. There are the only product in my opinion where the regular base rookies still sell and hold some value.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
ChippewaThunder

That's great to hear. I loved collecting them despite not being able to afford any truly valuable cards. Looking at my collection again has me realizing how little I know about collecting. I have another post in the basketball section with some questions about a unique card I found in my collection. I'd appreciate any input.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
rudyjustinfarrell

I think there is a big card show in Charlotte? You might want to look at a recent Beckett and flip to the back where they advertise card shows by state.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
Tones

Welcome aboard
FT/FS Album: https://ibb.co/album/mSEtwF
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #6
myusasets

welcome 35+ when i reintroduced myself to cards (as i quit smoking) and many years later glad i did. enjoy the ride its not about money its about the pictures and info and the love of the game. i live in texas but heart is still in carolina. you seem to have a michigan connection?
myusasets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:15 PM   #7
ChippewaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by myusasets View Post
welcome 35+ when i reintroduced myself to cards (as i quit smoking) and many years later glad i did. enjoy the ride its not about money its about the pictures and info and the love of the game. i live in texas but heart is still in carolina. you seem to have a michigan connection?
Yes, I was born and raised there, going to almost almost every home football game. I moved to the west coast, now Carolina. Drove to Columbus 2 years ago for the ohio st game, and ann arbor last year.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:08 AM   #8
pac_rat_76

Hello & welcome.
pac_rat_76 is offline   Reply With Quote