Blowout Cards Forums
2017 black Friday wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > Toys, Action Figures, Consoles

Notices

Toys, Action Figures, Consoles Post Your Hobby Talk here about all types of Toys (new and old)! GI Joe, MOTU, Star Wars, Star Trek, Hot Wheels, Atari, NES, etc

Old 04-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #1
NickM

Default Blind bag figures

I didn't see any thread over the past year on the topic generally, so I figured I'd start one.
Finds, tips, tricks, whatever,

I don't really collect any of them, but I will pick up cheap ones for presents for kids (mainly my nephew).

Most of my purchases recently have been from 99 Cents Only stores, which have Super Mario characters, Guardians of the Galaxy fingerines, and Godzilla fingerines, all at $1.99, as well as Thor The Dark World Heroclix, emoji figures, Hunger Games mini figures, and The Walking Dead mini figures at a dollar.

My nephew is now one Godzilla fingerine (finger puppet figurine) short of 2 complete sets of 10.

I haven't seen any blind bags at local Big Lots or Dollar Tree stores.

Check your local grocery store closeout section for some deals. I cleaned a local Ralphs out of Thomas and Friends minis at a dollar each, and picked up a few My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop minis at the same price.
Thomas has 70 in the blind bag mini set (and there are other minis available in their packaged sets), which is a bit excessive IMO, especially as some types appear to be much scarcer than others.

I had a Schleich find at my local Toys R Us (Schleich makes very high quality figurines - animals, superheroes, playsets, etc.) - they have blind bags for $10 of 3 farm animal figures, which isn't that interesting when some of those figures can be found individually on the shelves for under $3, but bags that have been opened may get resealed, discounted, and put in the As Is Clearance section. I found one for $2.98, and after confirming by feel that there were 3 separate things inside, bought it. It turned out to be a rooster, a sheep, and a black sheep. There were a lot of collector toy sets (not blind bags) in their clearance section - Five Nights at Freddy's and Skylanders especially.

Happy hunting.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:46 AM   #2
NickM

Lots of TWD Series 3 blind bag figures (both H and W sets - I assume Humans and Walkers) for a buck at a local 99 Cents Only store. Otherwise, nothing new at several I've checked with 1 exception - I found one TMNT Series 1 blind bag figure keychain for $1.99 at one of the 99 Cents Only stores. It looks like only 6 in the series. I bought it. My nephew now has a Raphael keychain.
"It's irrelevant."
Old 06-20-2017, 03:47 AM   #3
NickM

Several types of finds lately:

Target has marked their Thomas & Friends blind bag minis down to 99 cents.

Some 99 Cents Only stores now have 2-packs of Star Warz puzzle eraseez for a dollar - it's a 3-dimensional character you put together, not that anyone would want to use them as erasers. They look pretty nice (8 in the set).

And I actually found something at a Dollar Tree - My Little Pony blind bag minis at a dollar each.
"It's irrelevant."
Old 07-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
NickM

Target has put several types of blind bag figures into clearance pricing, ranging from 30 to 50% off.
Five Nights at Freddys Fright Lights, Marvel 500, Lion Guard, TMNT, and several others at my local Target.
"It's irrelevant."
Old 08-20-2017, 02:40 AM   #5
NickM

Found 3 different types at some local Dollar Trees.

Thomas & Friends

Batman vs. Superman Series 1 and Series 2 - the bag actually has 5 or 6 pieces that you fit together to form the superhero, and you could mix-and-match if you wanted.

WWE Series 1.

I cleaned both stores out that had BvS (although at one store, that was only 1 figure). I saw WWE at 2 different stores, but didn't buy any.
"It's irrelevant."
Old 08-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
NickM

Found Littlest Pet Shop Series 3 and Batman Series 3 at a Dollar Tree I had never been to before, plus some other types that I've seen before at other Dollar Trees. They also had a broader selection of Disney mini figurines in blister packaging (not blind bag) than I had seen at any other Dollar tree, including some Disney princesses.

Target has raised prices on Thomas & Friends (right before they do a sale - go figure), but my local Target did mark their Batman v Superman (Series 1 and 2) on As-Is clearance for 66 cents each - I think somebody working at the store felt some of them through the packaging and thought they were broken, not realizing that you're supposed to put the pieces together.
"It's irrelevant."
Old 08-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #7
ifish73

I get these for my daughter all the time (and she gets me a couple too!) Nothing on the cheap like you get. We usually hit the five below because they have some cool verisons (Dragonball, One Punch Man, Suicide Squad, etc.).

Very fun and cool to share with her.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #8
NickM

Went to Walgreens a couple nights ago for something totally unrelated, and found they have a substantial blind bag section in their toy section. Lots were on clearance (as well as other types of toys). Some categories had discounted price hanger stickers but were sold out, but I got Transformers minis (Series 3 and Series 6) for 89 cents each, Marvel 500 Series 4 minis for $1.29 each, and Captain America Civil War Yubi's fingerines for $1.39. I also found 1 die-cast Marvel character head for 89 cents (It was on a 90% off sale). I also passed up some other types that were on sale but which were for girls or were still over $2 apiece.
"It's irrelevant."

Last edited by NickM; 09-19-2017 at 04:27 AM. Reason: updated series listing
Old 09-19-2017, 04:28 AM   #9
NickM

I hit another Walgreens tonight. They had more of the same types as the first one, plus TMNT (Series 2 buildable figures) at 69 cents each, Batman vs. Superman Series 1 and Batman Series 3 at $1 each, and Star Wars MicroMachines (gold series and regular) at 74 cents each, and they had marked their Transformers and Marvel 500 down even more (74 cents for Transformers, and 62 cents for Marvel 500).

They had put a lot of summer movie related toys at 75% off, because corporate decided these are seasonal. I consider it time to buy Christmas presents for kids.
"It's irrelevant."

Last edited by NickM; 11-14-2017 at 01:56 AM. Reason: figured out which series - updated text
Old 10-19-2017, 02:55 AM   #10
NickM

Ran across Series 1 of TWD blind bags at a 99 Cents Only store. Didn't buy any.
They also had Paw Patrol keyring blindbags at a dollar each (6 in the set) at multiple different 99 Cents Only stores.
"It's irrelevant."
Old 11-14-2017, 02:02 AM   #11
NickM

Hit some 99 Cents Only and Dollar Tree stores lately. Found a bunch of Funko Mymoji blind bags (mainly Despicable Me Minions, but also a few Ghostbusters) at some of the 99 Cents Only stores at a dollar each, and found a few Funko Mymoji DC Universe blind bags at the same price at one of the Dollar Trees. One of the 99 Cents Only stores also has Rockerz blind boxes at $1.99 each - Marvel superheroes (7 in the set) and Steven Universe (not sure how many in the set). If you haven't seen Rockerz before, they're like larger versions of Weebles.
"It's irrelevant."