Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #76
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Murphy has been damn impressive so far this year
I expected him to be a big impact player after how he ended last season. I hope he can continue it and get on the Big Ten 1st Team. Its nice too because he still a junior so we will have him next year too.
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #77
CC_123

Great double digit win for the Gophers against a very tough Providence team. Providence is going to be ranking in the top 25 come the end of the year, they are a very well rounded team.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #78
CC_123

Murphy also went off again and got another double double. 23 points and 14 rebounds.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #79
Hollywood42

Glad we were able to settle things down and go on a nice run to end the game. Looking forward to this season
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:53 PM   #80
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Glad we were able to settle things down and go on a nice run to end the game. Looking forward to this season
Played a much better 2nd half all the way around. Shot better, defended better (besides the first 3-4 minutes of the half), and played smarter defensively to where nobody fouled out despite having multiple players with 4. Very good win.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #81
nickha2

Nice win by Minnesota tonight. These wins are really going to help the conference RPI. Looking forward to the DUKE MSU game tonight. Going to be really telling how good MSU is.

BTW, anyone seen groundsupport. Doesn't feel the same without him and JustinVerlander at each others trouts already.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #82
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
Nice win by Minnesota tonight. These wins are really going to help the conference RPI. Looking forward to the DUKE MSU game tonight. Going to be really telling how good MSU is.

BTW, anyone seen groundsupport. Doesn't feel the same without him and JustinVerlander at each others trouts already.
Pretty sure he got banned a while ago.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #83
cnewby

Quote:

GS and Lindeman got married and moved to a remote island together.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:52 PM   #84
Kelper7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc398 View Post
Man they are bad. We dismantled that same ISU team a week ago playing some weird lineups and Going deep into the bench.

Archie might get that program turned around but it might take some time. Langford and a few other one and diners arenít going to do anything to prop them up long term either. They need to blow it up and build again.

It pretty much already is blown up. Weíll see what Archie can do with this freshman group (Creanís recruits) and his first group next fall. I like the 2018 group with or without Romeo. Iím at a point where I wouldnít be surprised if Romeo joins Garland at Vandy. In any case, while a spotty 1 and Done is nice, Iíd rather see teams that have depth and experience like what Purdue has this year.

Iíd also like to see teams on the floor that act like they give a shite. I think Phinisee will bring that mentality to a much greater degree than Robert Johnson does. This year is going to be as awful as the first game. Sort of glad it wasnít on TV, but the Howard game was not much better. Weíll see how recruiting goes with Archie having a full year to make some inroads with Indiana coaches and players. Heís got it better than Crean had it at the start, but the guys that left early didnít leave him with much to contend with. Dakich predicted 22-10 I think on his radio show last week. No way in hades is that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #85
DetroitFan14

Going to be a memorable B1G hoops season I think. Hopefully my Wolverines can finish in the top 4-5 of the Division and then mess around in the tournament (similar to last season).

Point Guard situation is still up for grabs based on what we've seen through two games. Think Simmons ends up taking it once he gets the Beilein offense down. Simpson isn't going away quietly, however.

Charles Matthews (Kentucky transfer) looks very nice thus far.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #86
DajuanWagner

Illinois is 1st in the Big Ten.............III-INI............
DajuanWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #87
Wolves4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DajuanWagner View Post
Illinois is 1st in the Big Ten.............III-INI............
Technically no one is because.............Conf play hasn't started
Wolves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #88
CC_123

A couple interesting games tonight to watch. Obviously Duke vs MSU is going to be entertaining, but I think Purdue against Marquette will be interesting to watch too.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #89
CC_123

Something I haven't seen Purdue do often in previous years is use their 7 footers to exploit the other teams lack of height, but they are actually doing it tonight (so far) against a very small and inexperienced front court for Marquette (lets see if they continue it though or if they start hoisting threes). I didn't realize how young and inexperienced Marquette was this year either. 10/12 players are freshman or sophomores on their roster and their tallest guy (6'11") is a transfer from SMU so he has to sit this season. Their tallest guy on the floor tonight is 6'9" (FR Theo John and FR Ike Eke).

Last edited by CC_123; 11-14-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #90
Tarheelsfan2012

Michigan State did not impress me. Everybody was scared to shoot in the second half outside of Bridges and he forced shots and passes.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:44 PM   #91
bd3d86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
Michigan State did not impress me. Everybody was scared to shoot in the second half outside of Bridges and he forced shots and passes.
I didn't get to watch much due to family being over from out of town, but Michigan State always starts off slow. Hopefully they pick it up!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #92
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
Well, if MSU didn't impress you, then Duke must not have either considering the game was as close as it was throughout I have never really liked MSU (4th most disliked team in the NCAA behind Purdue, Wisconsin, and Duke), but they are going to be very good and tough the entire year. They have the right tools to make a run for a title this season.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #93
bmc398

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Well, if MSU didn't impress you, then Duke must not have either considering the game was as close as it was throughout I have never really liked MSU (4th most disliked team in the NCAA behind Purdue, Wisconsin, and Duke), but they are going to be very good and tough the entire year. They have the right tools to make a run for a title this season.
We didnít see the true #1 or 2 teams in the country tonight.

Adding Jaren Jackson didnít take MSU from unranked last year to suddenly #2.

Michigan St still doesnít have shooters. I think Purdue will look more like MSU this year and if MSU wants to be successful they will have to play more like the past 3 Purdue teams...outside in
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 PM   #94
CC_123

Quote:
We didn’t see the true #1 or 2 teams in the country tonight.

Adding Jaren Jackson didn’t take MSU from unranked last year to suddenly #2.

Michigan St still doesn’t have shooters. I think Purdue will look more like MSU this year and if MSU wants to be successful they will have to play more like the past 3 Purdue teams...outside in
I don't think this Purdue team is better than MSU at all. I've watched this entire game against an inexperienced Marquette team that has zero size and Purdue is letting them hang around. MSU just went shot for shot with the preseason favorites to win the title. Duke, as much as I dislike them, is the best team in the country this season. They have a good balance of veteran leadership and talented youth.

If you are insinuating that Purdue is going to crack the top 5, let alone be in the top 2 slots, you're crazy (clearly cannot tell if that's what you're saying or not). Purdue won't go any higher than the 10-15 range this season IMO. They aren't going to be playing 6'9" guys that have little experience all season. Purdue will finish in the top 4 of the Big Ten, but I personally don't think they win the conference unless Minnesota (who I actually don't think have a shot at winning the B1G either) and Michigan St have some key injuries. Both Minnesota and Michigan St have played better teams than Purdue has 2-3 games in. Providence & Duke are both far more experienced and talented than Marquette is this season. Its tough to say how things will unfold when we are 2-3 games into the season though, but as of today, Purdue/Minnesota/Northwestern (who I believe are 3 of the 4 top teams) aren't as good as Michigan St.

Last edited by CC_123; 11-14-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:34 PM   #95
bmc398

Quote:
I don't think this Purdue team is better than MSU at all. I've watched this entire game against an inexperienced Marquette team that has zero size and Purdue is letting them hang around. MSU just went shot for shot with the preseason favorites to win the title. Duke, as much as I dislike them, is the best team in the country this season. They have a good balance of veteran leadership and talented youth.

If you are insinuating that Purdue is going to crack the top 5, let alone be in the top 2 slots, you're crazy (clearly cannot tell if that's what you're saying or not). Purdue won't go any higher than the 10-15 range this season IMO. They aren't going to be playing 6'9" guys that have little experience all season. Purdue will finish in the top 4 of the Big Ten, but I personally don't think they win the conference unless Minnesota and Michigan St have some key injuries. Both Minnesota and Michigan St have played better teams than Purdue has 2-3 games in. Providence & Duke are both far more experienced and talented than Marquette is this season. Its tough to say how things will unfold when we are 2-3 games into the season though, but as of today, Purdue/Minnesota/Northwestern (who I believe are 3 of the 4 top teams) aren't as good as Michigan St.
Reading comprehension is tough for you.

I do think we are a top 10 team. Maybe not top 5 but we are deep. Vince Edwards has been on the bench the entire 2nd half and it hasnít mattered. Our best lineup tonight was 1 starter and 4 reserves. We can go big and bang and have 4 guys who shoot 40% from deep.

I never once said we are top 2 but once the hype wears off MSU weíll settle in comfortably ahead of them in the standings.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:45 PM   #96
nickha2

Quote:

If you are insinuating that Purdue is going to crack the top 5, let alone be in the top 2 slots, you're crazy (clearly cannot tell if that's what you're saying or not). Purdue won't go any higher than the 10-15 range this season IMO. They aren't going to be playing 6'9" guys that have little experience all season. Purdue will finish in the top 4 of the Big Ten, but I personally don't think they win the conference unless Minnesota (who I actually don't think have a shot at winning the B1G either) and Michigan St have some key injuries. Both Minnesota and Michigan St have played better teams than Purdue has 2-3 games in. Providence & Duke are both far more experienced and talented than Marquette is this season. Its tough to say how things will unfold when we are 2-3 games into the season though, but as of today, Purdue/Minnesota/Northwestern (who I believe are 3 of the 4 top teams) aren't as good as Michigan St.
you forgot Wisconsin
Old 11-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #97
CC_123

Quote:
Reading comprehension is tough for you.

I do think we are a top 10 team. Maybe not top 5 but we are deep. Vince Edwards has been on the bench the entire 2nd half and it hasnít mattered. Our best lineup tonight was 1 starter and 4 reserves. We can go big and bang and have 4 guys who shoot 40% from deep.

I never once said we are top 2 but once the hype wears off MSU weíll settle in comfortably ahead of them in the standings.
I really doubt Purdue is going to beat out MSU for the B1G. You always hype up Purdue to be better than they actually are. I am not saying they are a bad team but they are NEVER as good as you say they are. Hell, my Gophers squad just beat a Providence team that will finish top 25 and are ranked AHEAD of Purdue and I am still not hyping my team up like you are after beating the powerhouses of SIUE (who out rebounded you) and Chicago State and then beating a Marquette team that will win a max of 18 games this season. Instead of being such a homer all the time, can you PLEASE be realistic for once and admit that there are teams in the conference that are BETTER than Purdue is?

Also, Purdue only has one non-conference game that is against a good opponent and that is against #18 Louisville. Purdue ALWAYS plays such a weak non-conference schedule. The Gophers have Alabama (top 5 recruiting class highlighted by Collin Sexton), #13 Miami, and Harvard (receiving votes) left on their non-conference. I'd rather face some competition in non-conference that sets you up better for B1G play personally. I guess we will have to wait until the 28th to know what Purdue can actually do against some actual competition.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #98
CC_123

Quote:
you forgot Wisconsin
Personally I don't think Wisconsin is going to be as good this year as past seasons. They might squeak into the top 4 over Northwestern because they are also a wild card team but I think Wisconsin is going to either be really on or really off all season. I haven't gotten the chance to watch them yet and I will tomorrow when they face Xavier but they lost some key pieces to their success the past few seasons.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #99
bmc398

Quote:
I really doubt Purdue is going to beat out MSU for the B1G. You always hype up Purdue to be better than they actually are. I am not saying they are a bad team but they are NEVER as good as you say they are. Hell, my Gophers squad just beat a Providence team that will finish top 25 and are ranked AHEAD of Purdue and I am still not hyping my team up like you are after beating the powerhouses of SIUE (who out rebounded you) and Chicago State and then beating a Marquette team that will win a max of 18 games this season. Instead of being such a homer all the time, can you PLEASE be realistic for once and admit that there are teams in the conference that are BETTER than Purdue is?

Also, Purdue only has one non-conference game that is against a good opponent and that is against #18 Louisville. Purdue ALWAYS plays such a weak non-conference schedule. The Gophers have Alabama (top 5 recruiting class highlighted by Collin Sexton), #13 Miami, and Harvard (receiving votes) left on their non-conference. I'd rather face some competition in non-conference that sets you up better for B1G play personally. I guess we will have to wait until the 28th to know what Purdue can actually do against some actual competition.
Haha. You love to not pick details but leave it others. We play at Battle of atlants. We should beat Tennessee and get a matchup with another top 25 team there. I agree we play some bad cupcakes but I donít see much difference between a team ranked 150 and a team ranked 250.

I like that youíve anointed Providence as A good team but nobody else has. While Iím wrong about MSU.

Face t man...you see things how you want to and deny reality.

Last year i said Biggie would be CPOTY, we would win the league and be a sweet 16 team. Where was i wrong? This years team is better than last years both in experience but also athleticism.

You donít have to believe me...but i was 100% right last year in my predictions and you canít even acknowledge that.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #100
CC_123

Quote:
Haha. You love to not pick details but leave it others. We play at Battle of atlants. We should beat Tennessee and get a matchup with another top 25 team there. I agree we play some bad cupcakes but I don’t see much difference between a team ranked 150 and a team ranked 250.

I like that you’ve anointed Providence as A good team but nobody else has. While I’m wrong about MSU.

Face t man...you see things how you want to and deny reality.

Last year i said Biggie would be CPOTY, we would win the league and be a sweet 16 team. Where was i wrong? This years team is better than last years both in experience but also athleticism.

You don’t have to believe me...but i was 100% right last year in my predictions and you can’t even acknowledge that.
I clearly watch a lot more college basketball than you do, we've made this clear in the past. Tennessee is not a good team at all. You play one tough SCHEDULED team in Louisville. You can't just make assumptions on who you'll play if you beat Tennessee (which you should, but doesn't mean you'll face a top 25 after). And no, there isn't much difference between 150 and 250 except you aren't getting better playing teams like that over and over again. I'd rather have my team play some competition in the non-conference, which the Gophers actually have this year.

Also, I am the only one saying Providence is a good team, huh? That's why they received 36 (I believe that's what it was) top 25 votes? Because I am the only one saying they are good? Oh okay, that makes sense

Lastly, you have experience on your team this year and I think Purdue is a good team (see how I can actually admit things like that, unlike you with any other Big Ten team), but they lost their toughness inside. Haas and Harms CANNOT rebound even against smaller opponents, such as tonight. Haas and Harms should have more than 8 combined rebounds in a game against 6'9" competition. You guys lost your rebounder in Swanigan and when you play good rebounding team, that's going to hurt you guys. Haas looked good offensively tonight but he was also playing a defender softer than a pillow. I didn't think anything Haas did on the block was tough or physical, he just used his height against a weak defender, which is something he didn't do last season. But when he plays someone physical, he will disappear and Purdue will rely on their outside shot, which doesn't always work. I can also say the Gophers team is better all the way around than last season but you don't see me bragging about how they are better than the 2nd ranked team in the nation with nothing to back it up so far this season. I am realistic with my team and I don't make ridiculous claims constantly about them because I personally don't believe we crack the top 10 this year and we won't win the regular season title, which I don't value too high as I think the Big Ten tournament title means more.

Now I am sure you will respond, which is fine as we are clearly having a conversation, but I am done responding for the night because as much fun as it is to get paid to do this, it is a waste of time arguing with the biggest Big Ten homer in the thread. I've said it time and time again, at least I am a realist with my team and don't think they are better than every team that is ranked ABOVE them no matter what.

Last edited by CC_123; 11-15-2017 at 12:15 AM.