Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #226
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Cleveland, Chicago, Baltimore,ect.. Yeah no systemic abuse.

This is a good one.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.448566d8d3fe
"The former chief of a small township in New Jersey has been arrested on federal hate crime and civil rights charges for what federal authorities described as a pattern of racist comments and behavior"

Dude was arrested. More proof that there is no systemic racism in this country. And systemic is large scale and accepted. Small towns and a handful of examples of bad cops is not evidence of system racism.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
Old 11-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #227
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
It's not untrue at all. Just a lot of people crying from the rooftops with no facts whatsoever. Then they try to use examples like Michael Brown or Michael Bennett as proof. All those examples show me is police have a hard job dealing with people who don't respect authority.
There's two names, now continue with more names from the giant list we know of, and as you get past 50 or so, maybe you'll finally get the real picture. These people have a right to do this and won't be swayed by people like you who have no sympathy for anyone not marching in lockstep with them. Indeed, that blunt opposition will make them stronger. We've seen that over and over throughout history. It's why we have a USA in the first place.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #228
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
There's two names, now continue with more names from the giant list we know of, and as you get past 50 or so, maybe you'll finally get the real picture. These people have a right to do this and won't be swayed by people like you who have no sympathy for anyone not marching in lockstep with them. Indeed, that blunt opposition will make them stronger. We've seen that over and over throughout history. It's why we have a USA in the first place.
50 people spanning across multiple years is not very much in this country. Heck, 66 people have died this year from being struck by lightning. Millions of women are beaten, thousands of people are killed every year. There's really not much evidence that there is any systemic abuse by police.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #229
jdandns

Quote:
50 people spanning across multiple years is not very much in this country. Heck, 66 people have died this year from being struck by lightning. Millions of women are beaten, thousands of people are killed every year. There's really not much evidence that there is any systemic abuse by police.
50 was an arbitrary number. The actual number is significantly higher. Try walking in someone else's shoes. You did it at least once, but garnered a most unfortunate result. Plenty more pairs out there, though.

Just remember: a mud elephant wading through the sea leaves no tracks.

Last edited by jdandns; 11-02-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #230
pgisback

Quote:
50 was an arbitrary number. The actual number is significantly higher. Try walking in someone else's shoes. You did it at least once, but garnered a most unfortunate result. Plenty more pairs out there, though.

Just remember: a mud elephant wading through the sea leaves no tracks.
Exactly, you don't even have actual numbers. Just an imagination, lol.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #231
chezball

Quote:
Exactly, you don't even have actual numbers. Just an imagination, lol.
your buddy just got popped.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
Old 11-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #232
pac213up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
You are smart enough to know anyone can do that to support an argument.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...ce-racial-bias

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/u...ce-study.htmls

Let's be clear though....most Cops are trying to do the right things....I have no doubt about that.

It is an underappreciated and underpaid profession.

Last edited by pac213up; 11-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #233
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
your buddy just got popped.
Under 60 posts, no transactions. Think he's a PBM?
Old 11-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #234
pac213up

Quote:
"The former chief of a small township in New Jersey has been arrested on federal hate crime and civil rights charges for what federal authorities described as a pattern of racist comments and behavior"

Dude was arrested. More proof that there is no systemic racism in this country. And systemic is large scale and accepted. Small towns and a handful of examples of bad cops is not evidence of system racism.
Just the opposite really, which is the problem. How many years did he get away with this racist nonsense before having to face the consequences? I know...none of the police he worked with knew anything was going on...right? Maybe he just had a bad day and started to hate minorities...right?
Old 11-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #235
pgisback

Quote:
You are smart enough to know anyone can do that to support an argument.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...ce-racial-bias

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/u...ce-study.htmls

Let's be clear though....most Cops are trying to do the right things....I have no doubt about that.

It is an underappreciated and underpaid profession.
I just love how kneelers never blame the criminals. Like Michael Brown trying to reach in the cops car and punched him in the face. Like the dude who was caught in a heroin deal, tried to run over cops, then went on a 80+ mph high speed chase in to head on traffic and was shot when a cop went to his window thinking he was reaching for a gun. Or the other guy who stole a jaguar, tried to run over cops, then ran and got shot. All those are cases that have been used to show cops are racists, haha. Until the kneelers admit they're not perfect either and more work has to be done than just blaming cops, no one is going to buy in to their argument.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #236
jdandns

I also support the right to protest the protesters.
Good will win out eventually.
I'm an optimist in that way.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:39 PM   #237
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
As you all must have guessed, these are all the exact same person.

So now I just have to look at the 4 or 5 people I asked to stop posting in this section, find the match, and ban their main account too. I don't expect there to be an exact ip match, but a small dose of commonsense reasoning ought to be enough.

EDIT:

IP only really match 1 account that posts here frequently. I will let the mod team decide if it is enough to ban.

134.53.85.114 North America United States United States Ohio Oxford EST
74.140.229.216 North America United States United States Ohio Middletown EST
134.53.88.138 North America United States United States Ohio Oxford EST
104.240.188.31 North America United States United States
Ah, c'mon! I'm sure it's just a coincidence!
Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #238
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadstrongRSS View Post
The funny thing is, we are not the snowflakes here. We are tolerant of those protesting, knowing the black experience in America is harder than the white one. The actual snowflakes are the ones in a tizzy. Like every time. It's like the Obama lacks a flag lapel peeps. Self-described patriots come out and create a patriotism-scale, then target and harass. Rinse, repeat.

What I do lack is this "shut up and dance for me, monkey" spirit going around.
LOL!

Yeah, that's it..
Old 11-03-2017, 01:16 AM   #239
pgisback

It's really sad that a 30+ year veteran who's spent his life helping veterans won't even walk in to an NFL stadium to be honored for an award because of how disrespectful NFL players have become. Do players care? Nope, absolutely not. They just care that disrespecting the flag and anthem gets them attention. Sad.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #240
pac213up

Quote:
It's really sad that a 30+ year veteran who's spent his life helping veterans won't even walk in to an NFL stadium to be honored for an award because of how disrespectful NFL players have become. Do players care? Nope, absolutely not. They just care that disrespecting the flag and anthem gets them attention. Sad.
It's weird...a small % of NFL players protest and it is OK to brand them all.

A small % of police do bad things and.......

Over many years, the NFL and it's players have a proven track record of acknowledgement and appreciation for the military. Is that even a question?

These soldiers seemed to enjoy themselves.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/p...te_to_military
Old 11-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #241
Siberian13

Pizza Hut doesn't seem to mind Papa John

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/p...160156010.html
Old 11-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #242
pingbling23

Quote:
It's not untrue at all. Just a lot of people crying from the rooftops with no facts whatsoever. Then they try to use examples like Michael Brown or Michael Bennett as proof. All those examples show me is police have a hard job dealing with people who don't respect authority.
Well said. In the million of police interactions with the public a year, depending on the study there is 1-3 percent that end in a complaint on the officers. A large number of those are investigated and proven to be false complaints. This is not to say that their is malpractice in law enforcement. There are outliers in every profession. But to say there is systemic racism with police against minorities is bs. Law abiding citizens beg the police to police their neighborhoods and when police utilize heavy patrol in high crime areas people scream racism because the majority of people in those high crime areas are minorities.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #243
pgisback

Quote:
It's weird...a small % of NFL players protest and it is OK to brand them all.

A small % of police do bad things and.......

Over many years, the NFL and it's players have a proven track record of acknowledgement and appreciation for the military. Is that even a question?

These soldiers seemed to enjoy themselves.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/p...te_to_military
Whether others agree or not with the protest is meaningless. The only thing that should matter to the NFL is their actions are seen as disrespectful to many servicemen across the nation. Heck they did a study of 8000 iraq/afghan vets and the largest percentage response was they do not agree with the protest during the anthem and they'll stop watching the NFL (39%). It's sad the NFL has got to this point where a 30 year vet refuses to accept an award because they don't want to walk in to an NFL stadium. What a terrible look for the NFL.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #244
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
Well said. In the million of police interactions with the public a year, depending on the study there is 1-3 percent that end in a complaint on the officers. A large number of those are investigated and proven to be false complaints. This is not to say that their is malpractice in law enforcement. There are outliers in every profession. But to say there is systemic racism with police against minorities is bs. Law abiding citizens beg the police to police their neighborhoods and when police utilize heavy patrol in high crime areas people scream racism because the majority of people in those high crime areas are minorities.
It's honestly ridiculous. Blaming cops while ignoring the biggest problem of all. Themselves, aka the Bruce Maxwells.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #245
pgisback

Wow, people aren't happy the Saints called this Navy Commander "sad and divisive" because he didn't want to be apart of their disrespectful SJW anthem protests.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #246
jdandns

This is starting to get confusing.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #247
pgisback

Quote:
This is starting to get confusing.
- Saints were going to give an award to a 30 year Navy Commander this Sunday for his lifelong work with veterans

- The Vet declined the offer saying the NFL is tainted and they disrespect all the vets that have served

- Saints responded saying they are disappointed about his "sad and divisive" rhetoric

- The kneelers support the Saints, the pro Americans support the Navy Commander and can't believe the Saints would have the audacity to call him sad and divisive for not wanting to take part in the disrespectful NFL and their anti-cop protests.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #248
fazzle

Is this the point where someone calls him a snowflake who is soft because the NFL and the Saints won't provide him the safe space he needs?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #249
duwal

Quote:
The only thing that should matter to the NFL is their actions are seen as disrespectful to many servicemen across the nation.

What about even before this where the NFL did not really care to respect or acknowledge the servicemen across the nation until the U.S. military agreed to pay the NFL to do so. The Department of Defense had to pay out millions to the NFL for such things as military flyovers, flag unfurlings, emotional color guard ceremonies and national anthem performances. From 2011-2014 5.5 million dollars was paid out to 14 NFL teams to honor service members and put on patriotic salutes to the military
Old 11-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #250
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
What about even before this where the NFL did not really care to respect or acknowledge the servicemen across the nation until the U.S. military agreed to pay the NFL to do so. The Department of Defense had to pay out millions to the NFL for such things as military flyovers, flag unfurlings, emotional color guard ceremonies and national anthem performances. From 2011-2014 5.5 million dollars was paid out to 14 NFL teams to honor service members and put on patriotic salutes to the military

Hmmm I remember going to Dolphins games in 03, 04, 05 and 06 and there being salutes to servicemen quite often. Many times servicemen were holding the flag that stretched out across the field. And I also recall there being flyovers prior to the games.