Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 11

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

OTHER SPORTS BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your OTHER SPORTS Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 08-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
Dasklein83

Default Topps WCW NWO Nitro box break

I picked up a box for $100. I probably shouldn't have opened it, but there aren't many of these sealed boxes left, so I figured what the hell. I didn't get my money back, but at least I got an auto I didn't already have.

Here is the rest of my collection thus far. I think I'm about 1/3rd of the way done.

All things considered, I've done well. The only ones I've personally pulled besides today are the DDP, Sting, Dave Taylor, Henning, Heenan, and Rick Steiner. I also have been fortunate enough to nab the Liz, Bam Bam, and Jericho
For about $100 each and the Benoit for about $200. I'm always happy to buy ones I dont have but anyone on this site is probably sophisticated enough so that I won't get a "clueless Ebay seller deal."
Old 08-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
screamingdc

congrats on getting a decent auto. I don't know what he sells for, but I thought Zbyszko was a solid wrestler back in the day. and nice collection too. although i consider myself a fan back in the day, i recognized all but one of the names in your auto collection. i have to ask, who in the blue hell was Tough Tom?
Old 08-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
fazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingdc View Post
i have to ask, who in the blue hell was Tough Tom?
1/2 of Disorderly Conduct along with Mean Mike Enos. Complete jobber team who rarely made it off of Saturday Night
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

You have some nice autos there. That Norman Smiley takes me back to some good times. Now excuse me while I go do the Big Wiggle.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
celtics

When you find a box of this you have to open it!

Congrats on getting a nice auto

Mike
celtics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #6
TIcowboys

I gotta ask..Where did you find this?? I've wanted to bust a box of these forever!
Collecting: Dallas Cowboys Bo Jackson Colorado Avalanche Atlanta Braves Chicago Bulls Duke Blue Devils Arsenal FC New York Red Bulls Landon Donovan Tim Cahill USA Men's & Women's Soccer Jeff Gordon Tiger Woods
www.freewebs.com/ticowboys
TIcowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #7
Dasklein83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIcowboys View Post
I gotta ask..Where did you find this?? I've wanted to bust a box of these forever!
Just some guy on EBay had it for $100 free shipping. Two summers ago, I got some Nitro and Series 1 boxes in San Diego for $50 a box. Some comic store just had a bunch in storage. Last summer, I came across a case of Embossed in San Francisco, but the guy wanted 80 a box. That was a weak autograph list, so I turned him down. The DDP was from a box that I paid $5 for in a store in Lexington, Kentucky. I've just been really lucky.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #8
hannahs1

Nice collection, I still see Evan karagios at the gym some time. Cut his hair short now
hannahs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #9
spookytwinkie

wow nice. ive been wanting a sting one for quite some time. but just waiting to get one that i like, signature wise.
spookytwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Deeks

Awesome stuff.

Unreal how many of those wrestlers are dead.
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
sjim8660
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasklein83 View Post
Just some guy on EBay had it for $100 free shipping. Two summers ago, I got some Nitro and Series 1 boxes in San Diego for $50 a box. Some comic store just had a bunch in storage. Last summer, I came across a case of Embossed in San Francisco, but the guy wanted 80 a box. That was a weak autograph list, so I turned him down. The DDP was from a box that I paid $5 for in a store in Lexington, Kentucky. I've just been really lucky.

I would say you have been very lucky. It has taken me over a year to build this set. The hard part is just waiting for the cards to surface.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #12
YakuzaShoeii

Awesome collection! I bought a box of "Main Event" at a garage sale maybe 15 years ago and forgot about it. I just found it in my parents attic a few months ago and out came a clean Bubba Rogers auto. All of the WCW boxes are getting more and more difficult to find.

(scratch is on the case)
YakuzaShoeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #13
gorillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasklein83 View Post
Lucky on the price DA's has boxes at 250-300!
gorillaz is online now   Reply With Quote