Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > NON-SPORT BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

NON-SPORT BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your NON-SPORT Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 06-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
TQ123

Default Leaf Famous Fabrics Making of America Box

I tried my luck with this product and got what I thought was something nice. A John Pillsbury cut autograph (American politician, businessman, and philanthropist. A Republican, he served as the eighth Governor of Minnesota from 1876 to 1882. He was a co-founder of the Pillsbury Company.) But looking at some auctions, he normally signed it J S Pillbury. I see there is another John Sargent Pillsbury Jr who was an attorney and insurance executive and his autograph looks like this one. This one is a bit disappointing to me now. Is this something Brian can fix for me? Do I need to e-mail him first or do I just send it to customer service? Thanks!

TQ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
dd316

Hoo boy, here we go again. http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/n...box-break.html

I hope they take care of you. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2014, 02:37 AM   #3
baskettrader

Where's the official checklist? This would answer some serious questions because it is somehow getting out of hand with those "mislabeled" autographs (I may think).
baskettrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
jlzinck

So that's 3 now?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
monkeymcgee

Hey guys, life happens sometimes...
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskettrader View Post
Where's the official checklist? This would answer some serious questions because it is somehow getting out of hand with those "mislabeled" autographs (I may think).
Leaf and checklists have divorced a couple years ago, unfortunately.

Leaf and sell sheets are now together.

Checklists might come around every once in a while but it may be a year or so after a sell sheet shows its face.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 06-19-2014 at 10:31 AM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Leaf and checklists have divorced a couple years ago, unfortunately.

Leaf and sell sheets are now together.

Checklists might come around every once in a while but it may be a year or so after a sell sheet shows its face.
We'll get one after all the labels are corrected.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
baskettrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Hey guys, life happens sometimes...
All in all, Leaf is my favorite manufacturer because I love their variety of products. Period. But I think there are two main problems with this product (besides my personal disappointment that there are no names on the cards again): a) There's no checklist yet and I don't think it is coming anytime soon and b) It is wrong to say that "the cut is always right" because it ain't. It's an excuse for every mislabeled cut autograph which is somehow always of lesser value than the labeled cut signature.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
monkeymcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskettrader View Post
All in all, Leaf is my favorite manufacturer because I love their variety of products. Period. But I think there are two main problems with this product (besides my personal disappointment that there are no names on the cards again): a) There's no checklist yet and I don't think it is coming anytime soon and b) It is wrong to say that "the cut is always right" because it ain't. It's an excuse for every "mislabeled" cut autograph which is "somehow" always of lesser value than the labeled cut signature.
Sorry--my sarcasm was lost there.

I think Leaf has some interesting ideas, but it does seem like there are some problems with the attention to detail even back during the Razor days. Brian does a great job addressing these issues after the fact and that's a real plus for Leaf, but I think they need to invest a little bit in addressing the root cause.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
baskettrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I think Leaf has some interesting ideas, but it does seem like there are some problems with the attention to detail even back during the Razor days. Brian does a great job addressing these issues after the fact and that's a real plus for Leaf, but I think they need to invest a little bit in addressing the root cause.
I totally agree.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #11
ck6599

Either Leaf has not done their homework, or they are being deceitful. I understand their argument that "the cut is always right" but it really isn't.
For example.....if the label says you have a cut of John F Kennedy - President of the United States, and in reality you have a cut auto of John F Kennedy Jr, his son, then you should be given an auto of JFK the President. Leaf either was incompetent in their research or purposely deceitful.
ck6599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #12
robber414

Whoever is working the signature cuts is not doing their homework. I don't think Leaf would purposefully try to deceive customers, that's just real bad business. However or whoever gets these signatures is not doing the research to make sure they are valid. I also agree if they make a mistake like the 3 that have already shown themselves, they should replace them with something of the same value of what it should of been. Not this B.S. of 'Oh sorry it was a labeling mistake and send it back and we will relabel it'.
robber414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #13
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by robber414 View Post
Whoever is working the signature cuts is not doing their homework. I don't think Leaf would purposefully try to deceive customers, that's just real bad business. However or whoever gets these signatures is not doing the research to make sure they are valid. I also agree if they make a mistake like the 3 that have already shown themselves, they should replace them with something of the same value of what it should of been. Not this B.S. of 'Oh sorry it was a labeling mistake and send it back and we will relabel it'.
Agreed. Some of these have gone from hall of famer to some violinist and business entrepreneur to some lawyer.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
Mystafet

I'm not overly familiar with the Product, but being called 'Making of America', I don't see how the violinist helped at all. The original, on the label names/people, make more sense then the actual auto
Old 06-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

LOL, this is pretty funny.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:47 AM   #16
rip+flip
Banned

They will fix it, buy Brian always takes the cheap way out and says that the cut is correct not the label. So he will offer to get it fixed with the correct label or give you something a little more valuable as a replacement. When in reality probably the cut is probably wrong but that would cost him way more money to fix. What a shady person and company.

Last edited by rip+flip; 06-20-2014 at 02:49 AM.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #17
YakuzaShoeii

I was looking to buy multiple cases of this product, however, stories like these have made me decide against purchasing. I hope everything works out for you.
YakuzaShoeii is offline   Reply With Quote