Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #51
shrevecity

That lower left corner is going to be a problem on these cards.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #52
mnvikingstwins

So are some of the base with super spotty dots all over the surface
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #53
shrevecity

Fomr what I am seeing the retail is better than hobby. Wal-mart is the only boxes you can get the book cards. I bought 3 boxes hit 3 more Ronda's and 3 decent autos. Plus the retail cards did not have that corner issue that seems to be common in the hobby
Old 10-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #54
apb4

For the hobby side this ended up being a garbage product. It was nothing but a Topps sticker dump. Topps added Rousey autos and just called it a day, no dual or triple autos, very few kiss cards and booklets. I watched 3 cases opened at my LCS and every one had one auto, one numbered card and either a shirt relic or championship belt. It would be a decent product at $35-$40 but there is no value opening it at $70 a box.
apb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:21 AM   #55
Braveheart69

I wish I could find more blasters to open as the 1 I did find and open the cards were at least not dinged up. Of the 6 boxes in my hobby case I've opened so far almost all the base card corners on every card have at least one bad front and one bad back corner. Totally lame.

I am confused though on one thing. Every place I read said that blue was a hobby exclusive. But I was just reading the odds on the Blaster Box I posted and there are blue odds listed on the blaster.

BLUE odds listed: Women's Champion Set, Royal Rumble Set, Shirt Relic, Mat Relic, and the manufactured Commemorative (Belt) Cards.

If you can get all those in Blue in Walmart Blasters what is Hobby Exclusive just the base set and autos in Blue? For the price the blasters seem like the way to go... if you can find them!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #56
shrevecity

The corner issue is what got me about the case, seemed like 75% of the cards had that corner ding. Then some including the AweksaMixed Match /50 were heavily damaged coming out of the box.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #57
mikecala98

Pulled about ten Ronda base. None will grade gem.
mikecala98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #58
notoriousrmb

Funny everyone is having corner problems, I opened 5 boxes and pulled 6 Rousey RCs. I'd say 3 have a shot at a BGS 9.5 at least!
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #59
DetroitFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart69 View Post
I wish I could find more blasters to open as the 1 I did find and open the cards were at least not dinged up. Of the 6 boxes in my hobby case I've opened so far almost all the base card corners on every card have at least one bad front and one bad back corner. Totally lame.

I am confused though on one thing. Every place I read said that blue was a hobby exclusive. But I was just reading the odds on the Blaster Box I posted and there are blue odds listed on the blaster.

BLUE odds listed: Women's Champion Set, Royal Rumble Set, Shirt Relic, Mat Relic, and the manufactured Commemorative (Belt) Cards.

If you can get all those in Blue in Walmart Blasters what is Hobby Exclusive just the base set and autos in Blue? For the price the blasters seem like the way to go... if you can find them!
Blue autos are hobby exclusive. Not the inserts.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:51 PM   #60
Braveheart69

Makes sense, I guess the confusing one was the Blue Royal Rumble set since that wasn’t a blaster exclusive.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #61
HarryKane10

Isn’t it a little odd that it has been a week now and only a handful of blue /25 Rousey auto’s have surfaced? No Gold. No black. Not even a lower numbered auto... Haven’t even seen anything other than a few blue base cards either
HarryKane10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #62
jrg1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryKane10 View Post
Isn’t it a little odd that it has been a week now and only a handful of blue /25 Rousey auto’s have surfaced? No Gold. No black. Not even a lower numbered auto... Haven’t even seen anything other than a few blue base cards either
Not when box and case prices have risen like they have. Not near as much being broke at $75ish per box. I wouldn't even consider touching this product at that price.
jrg1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #63
Tblades_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg1128 View Post
Not when box and case prices have risen like they have. Not near as much being broke at $75ish per box. I wouldn't even consider touching this product at that price.
Retail looks to be the way to go on this product.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #64
jrg1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
Retail looks to be the way to go on this product.
100% agree. It's the route I took and have been very pleased.
jrg1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #65
LC2nine10

Just bought the nephew a blaster, absolute blast opening it. Nothing valuable, but no duplicates and he loved that every pack had a mix of inserts and included Mae young. Def a fun break for him.
LC2nine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #66
Braveheart69

Holy hell, what idiot just payed over $205 for the Ronda spot in the case break that just ended on eBay? WOW... should just buy lotto tickets. Based on the prices people paid for the individual wrestler spots and being that there are only 12 “REAL” hits (autos) this just seemed crazy. I mean sure I bought the Becky spot but damn. Not like this is Undisputed and there’s a hit per pack. Guess I’m just shocked.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #67
TIcowboys

I frequent the retail store of that other big seller in Buffalo, NY, and have looked at few different WalMarts and Targets now, and no one has had this stuff. I'm baffled
Collecting: Dallas Cowboys Bo Jackson Colorado Avalanche Atlanta Braves Chicago Bulls Duke Blue Devils Arsenal FC New York Red Bulls Landon Donovan Tim Cahill USA Men's & Women's Soccer Jeff Gordon Tiger Woods

Last edited by TIcowboys; 10-11-2018 at 08:46 PM.
TIcowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:36 AM   #68
Braveheart69

Wow, finally just watched the case break. Not a single Ronda anything... bye bye to whoever dropped $205.50 for her spot in the break. Lowest two autos in the case a plate of Naomi and a blue of... Becky Lynch (yeah buddy). Everything else numbered to 75 or higher.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:40 AM   #69
DarthRogahn

They must have made an absolute ton of this set
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #70
jazz1232dc

Gonna rant a little...

I just don't get why people are spending $400+ for these Rousey auto's. My guess is that Topps had a few sticker auto's left over from her UFC days and used those for her Women's Division autographs, which is why this is her first autograph release. So basically people are paying $300+ for a picture of Rousey from Wrestlemania because you can get a Rousey sticker auto for $100. Don't get it at all.
jazz1232dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #71
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz1232dc View Post
Gonna rant a little...

I just don't get why people are spending $400+ for these Rousey auto's. My guess is that Topps had a few sticker auto's left over from her UFC days and used those for her Women's Division autographs, which is why this is her first autograph release. So basically people are paying $300+ for a picture of Rousey from Wrestlemania because you can get a Rousey sticker auto for $100. Don't get it at all.
They're her first WWE auto, wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't have an on-card until Transcedent if they do actually make it
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #72
sthoemke

Just opened (2) balster boxes (Walmart). No problems with dings.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:39 PM   #73
TIcowboys

My local WalMart finally got these in. Bought 2, collation was horrid. Bought 2 more, even worse.. still not a full base set, but a mound of doubles, triples, etc.. Feels like their Walking Dead blasters all over again. Hits were decent enough. The corner issue mentioned by others was pretty prevalent in my stuff too, but not everything suffered.. including my 1 Rousey RC out of the 4 boxes, which would actually grade, minimum, 9.5.
Collecting: Dallas Cowboys Bo Jackson Colorado Avalanche Atlanta Braves Chicago Bulls Duke Blue Devils Arsenal FC New York Red Bulls Landon Donovan Tim Cahill USA Men's & Women's Soccer Jeff Gordon Tiger Woods
TIcowboys is offline   Reply With Quote