Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #126
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
is this thread still going? over 2k views.
wrestlingcardking isn't going to let this thread go away
Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #127
dpeck100

I posted the question in the thread about WCW/NWO auto's and no one has responded so I will ask the question here.

There is a Booker T on EBAY right now. Is this a known example or one that was not accounted for?
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #128
sjim8660
Banned

I think one that is accounted for. I am almost sure that it came from the set someone is selling on ebay. Why pay so much for someone who is still alive and is still signing. Plus he wasn't even that good, I know its really really SP, but 8K, that's laughable. Andre the Giants auto doesn't even go for that much.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #129
dpeck100

I think the price is laughable too.

Geoffy B said is was incredibly rare and I just wanted to see if it was a known copy.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #130
booyahlaw

It might be the same 2 that keep popping up, but I have seen at least that many in the last two months show up on ebay--I have no idea what the print run was on the booker t.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #131
wrestlingcardki

Default signed Andre is KING

It is a pretty easy decision for me, but there is no way I would trade my signed 1982 Wrestling All Star Andre the Giant for that Booker T card.
wrestlingcardki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #132
sthoemke

Quote:
I think one that is accounted for. I am almost sure that it came from the set someone is selling on ebay. Why pay so much for someone who is still alive and is still signing. Plus he wasn't even that good, I know its really really SP, but 8K, that's laughable. Andre the Giants auto doesn't even go for that much.
It is a known example, and the only one with the inscription that I am aware of.

The set being sold does NOT have the Booker T card.
Topps WCW Autograph Set Hollywood Hulk Hogan Macho Man Eddie Guerrero Sting Hall | eBay

Last edited by sthoemke; 06-24-2013 at 04:31 PM.
sthoemke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #133
dpeck100

I see. It is Geoffy B's card.

I have it on my watch list and will be interested to see if it sells and if so for how much.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #134
sthoemke

There is an image of another Booker T WCW auto on this board from a couple years ago (no inscription).

Need 2 auto's from the 90's Topps WCW sets
Old 06-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #135
dpeck100

It looks like Bootan who posts frequently was the member with those scans.

Why again was the Booker T so rare? Did he just not turn the cards back in or were there short prints done on purpose from the set?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #136
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
It looks like Bootan who posts frequently was the member with those scans.

Why again was the Booker T so rare? Did he just not turn the cards back in or were there short prints done on purpose from the set?
I don't think the set had shortprints, over than cards being withheld by the signers and not being sent back. I would assume the cards were printed on the same sheets with other cards, not sheets of the same exact card. Maybe if there were multiple sheets printed, one sheet could have been printed more than the other (ie old WCW logo cards vs WCW/nWo logo cards), but that's just a guess.

Does anyone know of the Booker T cards actually can from packs?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #137
booyahlaw

To my knowledge, the Booker T was like the Mikey Whipwreck card, which did not get turned back in by the signer and did not make it into packs. Also, it is my understanding that Whipwreck kept all his allotment and was selling them to people online or just giving them to people ever since he received them.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #138
sthoemke

I can only wonder if Booker T could still have a quantity of the cards...
Old 06-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #139
dpeck100

So let me get this straight. Booker T did not return them but a few have made it into circulation. So he did take the time to sign a few and they ended up in someone's hands who put them on the market.

There have to be more out there and if prices that have been discussed ever happen on EBAY a few more will show up would be my belief.

The George Bush 1990 Topps card was handed out to only close personal friends. Money talks and the prices they have sold for pulled them out into the market.

This will be interesting to follow in coming months and years.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #140
bootan

That scan from the other forum was from a lot that sold on ebay around 5 years ago. I still regret not buying it then, it was from a collector in Australia also.

Cards not inserted in packs

Flair & Booker T from wcw topps 98
Rey Mysterio, Bobby Duncan Jr, and bulldog from 99 wcw topps nitro
Mikey Whipwreck, Hak (Sandman) and Scott Steiner from 99 wcw embossed
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #141
sjim8660
Banned

Booker is waiting until he is jobless, than he is going to flood the market.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #142
geoffyb

That card is definitely mine on ebay. It was more of an advertisement than anything. I would be a fool to actually sell it on ebay for them to take 10% plus paypal fees. The thing with the unreleased wcw autos is it does not usually matter who it is but how hard it is to come by. The hardcore set collectors want every card in the set. Since listing it it has generated a lot of interest outside of ebay where it will probably sell for an undisclosed amount. I have had several people message me saying they have one but not with any sort of inscription. Both of the Hardcore Haks I have sold in the last year went for plus and minus $2000 and his is more common than Booker T. As far as Booker T having anymore of these to sell he does not. I asked him about a year ago through email. He signed a handful at a signing a long while back and the rest were tossed or lost. The high price on the auctions was just for poops and giggles.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #143
wrestlingcardki

Default Booker T auto

Yeah I do not mind putting up an auction and listing for a high price to have an advertisement of sort or to possibly get blown away with an offer. On the other hand, what would prevent a collector that has a Booker T to go to a signing and put an inscription on the card today? It does not seem to me that the value of the card is very well protected like a graded card or a card that was serial numbered. Just my thought.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #144
geoffyb

Nothing would stop them. But the possibility of having him smudge a signature or inscription is not something I would risk. What would stop anyone from doing that to any card in the set? If it was going to be done it would have by now. The value I am basing it on is not the inscription. That is just a bonus. I do not hold graded cards or psa certified autos in such high regard as many do but thats also just my opinion. I like the card to do the talking and not the border around it to make the value.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #145
wrestlingcardki

Default true auction

I would never do it, but I wonder what that Booker T would bring in a true auction style listing.....it would be fascinating but as a seller it would be the worst thing you could do for that card. If you do not mind my asking, what was the best offer you received for that card on ebay? I understand if you are not willing to share.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #146
sjim8660
Banned

in regards to getting the wcw/nwo topps auto cards graded, I have recently purchased some of the more valuable cards from the set (hennig, Hart, savage, Hogan signed "Hollywood") and I am noticing more and more that the cards are unfortunately not in good condition. Maybe they would grade around 7 or 8 and considering the centering is great on these cards, that says a lot about the corners and edges. I say all that to say condition of these cards is going to be more and more important in the near future. So a Booker T that PSA says is legit would hold more value than one that isn't, just my $0.02.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #147
booyahlaw

Quote:
So a Booker T that PSA says is legit would hold more value than one that isn't, just my $0.02.
My question is, as the card was never officially "released", would PSA even holder the card as legit, or would they just authenticate the signature? I don't know enough about how that works to resolve that question.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #148
dpeck100

There are a few Mikey Whipwreck's in the population report.

Is his card on a checklist?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #149
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
That card is definitely mine on ebay. It was more of an advertisement than anything. I would be a fool to actually sell it on ebay for them to take 10% plus paypal fees. The thing with the unreleased wcw autos is it does not usually matter who it is but how hard it is to come by. The hardcore set collectors want every card in the set. Since listing it it has generated a lot of interest outside of ebay where it will probably sell for an undisclosed amount. I have had several people message me saying they have one but not with any sort of inscription. Both of the Hardcore Haks I have sold in the last year went for plus and minus $2000 and his is more common than Booker T. As far as Booker T having anymore of these to sell he does not. I asked him about a year ago through email. He signed a handful at a signing a long while back and the rest were tossed or lost. The high price on the auctions was just for poops and giggles.
I thought the story behind the Harcore Haks was that he tossed the cards in a garbage can during a show and a fan dug them out. I remember a bunch of those sold on ebay for around $150 each when they first hit the market, and I thought they were way over priced then considering Mysterio and Whipwreck were selling previously for around $50 at the time.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #150
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
There are a few Mikey Whipwreck's in the population report.

Is his card on a checklist?
Topps has never acknowledged any of the cards that didn't come out of the packs, as far as I know.