Blowout Cards Forums
old school

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-14-2018, 01:50 AM   #1
pejc300

Default A Super mailday for the Durant PC

I don't like Durant as a person, but I love his game. Picked this up for the PC. Overpaid, but thought it might be the only time I'd ever see it again and I needed it. To be honest, it's not the best looking super out there (the whole card doesn't have the superfractor circles and since a lot of the photo is black they don't show up that great, but oh well).

I needed it to go with this:

And this:

Oh, and this:

Family Photo:

pejc300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:53 AM   #2
CubKings

Damn. The Super and 3 of 5 reds? Insane.

I used to love KD. He was almost my favorite current guy, but the whole running off to the Golden Girls ruined it.

But, ignore the jersey he wears and his 2 annoying teammates, and his game is so smooth. I still love his game as a basketball player.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/cublife
CubKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:20 AM   #3
regularp

Now that's a heavyweight mailday and collage right there. Well done.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:51 AM   #4
kingofsnake

"As a person?" Golly.

Congrats on your pick-up and thanks for sharing.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:01 AM   #5
pejc300

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsnake View Post
"As a person?" Golly.

Congrats on your pick-up and thanks for sharing.
Sorry, what I meant was I don't like his immaturity like responding two teenagers on social media and that kind of stuff that he does. My wording was probably a little harsh I appreciate you pointing it out.
pejc300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:09 AM   #6
kingofsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Sorry, what I meant was I don't like his immaturity like responding two teenagers on social media and that kind of stuff that he does. My wording was probably a little harsh I appreciate you pointing it out.
No worries. Great card, mate.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:29 AM   #7
alias21

What kd is the norm going forward. Like it or not. A good percentage of superstars will join whatever team helps them win. They will sign for 28 mill a year instead of 42 mill a year because whatever it’s more money than one person can spend. Plus endorsements. Who cares about money. And kd has won two finals mvps and probably three next year. There’s no way he doesn’t climb the list of greats.
alias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:23 AM   #8
starfox

Who really cares? As long as these guys aren't raping, robbing, and rioting, why are thrir personalities such a big deal? I mean: most talented people have some level of immaturity, being a jerk, or aloofness to them. And concerning the classy, upright guys, do we know for sure that they're classy and upright? We should hold athletes to certain standards, but they're never going to be what you want them to be. I want more classy, mature players in basketball (and sports in general), but I also want more guys that can make a shot without having to be wide open under the basket (we all know in truth that there are less than 20 real shot makers in the NBA today).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #9
jbarnett83

3 reds and a super, amazing congrats on the pickup. About 2 years ago I hesitated on a 06/07 TC Super of my PC player. It sold to another because I couldn’t agree with the sellers asking price.....kicking myself ever since

I collect STEVE NASH and other RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151020056@N08/albums/72157684045965826
jbarnett83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
splum

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
Who really cares? As long as these guys aren't raping, robbing, and rioting, why are thrir personalities such a big deal? I mean: most talented people have some level of immaturity, being a jerk, or aloofness to them. And concerning the classy, upright guys, do we know for sure that they're classy and upright? We should hold athletes to certain standards, but they're never going to be what you want them to be. I want more classy, mature players in basketball (and sports in general), but I also want more guys that can make a shot without having to be wide open under the basket (we all know in truth that there are less than 20 real shot makers in the NBA today).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is a really fantastic point. We (I say we, I just mean the public in general) hold these guys to such a high standard and put everything they do under a microscope that really anything they do that isn't exactly expected of them suddenly starts to look really bad. I know social media and 24 hour news is the reason why this happened, but why do we still consume it. Oh well.

ps, for anyone reading this, specifically KD collectors - is his RC list just like the rest of them where Topps Chrome is the one to have?
splum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #11
watashiwa05

very nice.

I was just pumped to pick up a base version earlier this month for my KD pc.