Basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

Notices

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Old 01-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
TylerSchmidt28

Default TAS28's 2018 IP/TTM Thread

Hello all,

I hope you had an excellent Holiday Season and have started your New Year off well. Since it's been a while and my old thread was a dozen pages long I figured it's a good time to start up fresh. Since I currently have nothing to display (Although I did just send out 64 TTM requests earlier this week so hopefully they start rolling in next week) I'll take after Tribetown's ideas and set some goals for 2018, and copy his last and most important goal.

-Get 1000 individual cards autographed - 1304/1000
--Pretty ambitious, I'm not even sure how many I got in 2017, but I'll try

-Send out at least 100 TTM requests and get back at least 50% - 52/66
--I sent out 102 last year and got 55 back, that's pretty good and I'd like to replicate that if not do better

-Get cards autographed by 50 or more players who make their MLB Debut in 2018 - 52/50
--I got 49 players who made their MLB Debut in 2017 this past year so 50 should be obtainable
-So far: Scott Kingery, Billy McKinney, Bobby Poyner, Marcus Walden, Ryan Carpenter, Andrew Suarez, Lourdes Gurriel Jr, Mike Gerber, Jesse Biddle, Noel Cuevas, Eric Lauer, Ronald Acuna Jr, Rosell Herrera, Jesmuel Valentin, Michael Soroka, Grayson Greiner, PJ Conlon, David Hess, Austin Meadows, Jake Cave, Juan Soto, Dylan Cozens, Jefry Rodriguez, Sandy Baez, Jerry Vasto, San Howard, David Fletcher, Jonathan Loaisiga, Yency Almonte, Kyle Tucker, Corbin Burnes, Enyel De Los Santos, Austin Voth, Garrett Hampson, Kolby Allard, Chance Adams, Williams Jerez, Wes Parsons, Chad Sobotka, Touki Toussaint, Sean Reid-Foley, Ty Buttrey, Kevin Newman, Justin Shafer, Bryse Wilson, Ryan Burr, Murphy Smith, Josh Rogers, Aramis Garcia, Eric Haase, Blake Trahan, Kyle Wright

-Finish at least two team sheets of an away team's whole roster - 1/2
--Have to get every player that the team brings to the series to sign the sheet, each of the past two seasons I've gotten one (2016 - Hudson Valley, 2017 - Altoona)
-So far: Aberdeen IronBirds

-Add new autographs of at least 20 Top 100 Prospects and 5 2018 1st Rounders
- 9/20 0/5
--Right now I have 43 of the MLB Pipeline's Top 100 and got 7 2017 1st Rounders this past year
-So far: Vladimir Guerrero Jr, Bo Bichette, Kyle Wright, Corbin Burnes, Monte Harrison, Max Fried, Peter Lambert, Peter Alonso, Drew Waters, Andres Gimenez, Jonathan Loaisiga

-Attend 15 MLB/Spring Training Games and 70 Minor League Games
- 9/15 75/70
--Small increases from last year where I went to 14 and 68 respectively. Going to be tough to top some of the plays I saw though which includes a triple play, inside the park home run, and two walk-off home runs. I really hope to see a no-hitter, even if it is just a 7 inning one.

-Visit at least one new major and minor league ballpark I haven't been to before - 0/1 0/1
--This past year I visited Scranton for the first time and it was great, I'd like to add a new ballpark up here in the Northeast even though I've already visited most, perhaps Hudson Valley and Yankee Stadium as they are legitimate possibilities

-Have fun with family especially my Dad, and make new friends within the community - 1/1

Here's to hoping I can accomplish most of these, let's have a great year everyone!

Last edited by TylerSchmidt28; 09-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.
TylerSchmidt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
TylerSchmidt28

Hopefully all of those 64 TTMs I sent out last week start rolling in soon, but I had the first one come in today:

2/2 Blake Hunt - 7 Days
Padres #25 Prospect

Hopefully you see many of my posts over the next few weeks of the top draft prospects via TTM, followed by my in-person autographing posts coming back when I hit Spring Training March 3rd-9th. Good start to 2018 for me, hope everyone else is starting off well too!

Last edited by TylerSchmidt28; 03-09-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
TylerSchmidt28

Today was a good day at the mailbox for myself:

3/3 Alex Scherff - 9 Days
Red Sox #5 Prospect

4/4 Adam Haseley - 9 Days
Phillies #6 Prospect

2/2 Matt Tabor - 5 Days
Diamondbacks #9 Prospect

3/3 Brent Rooker - 9 Days
Twins #14 Prospect

2/2 Wyatt Mills - 9 Days
Mariners #19 Prospect

2/2 Kevin Smith - 5 Days
Blue Jays #25 Prospect

Of note, Haseley and Smith both wrote brief notes to me in return. Mills used black sharpie while the rest used blue. All of them either personalized or inscribed something; Scherff, Haseley, Tabor, and Smith personalized while Scherff, Rooker, Mills, and Smith wrote inscriptions. I always write to the player feel free to personalize or inscribe something and that means all 6 read my letter in full, good group of guys. Hope the success continues in tomorrow, pictures below!

Old 01-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #4
TylerSchmidt28

I did expect some TTM returns in the mail today, but one of the two I got really did surprise me:

3/3 Ryan Vilade - 9 Days
Rockies #7 Prospect

2/2 Brendan McKay - 231 Days
Rays #3 Prospect

Did not expect to see the McKay’s again after I sent them a long time ago in May, the long returns are always the best. Also of note, Vilade included a pamphlet for The Keeper of The Game Foundation. Hoping tomorrow brings more at the mailbox.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #5
TylerSchmidt28

My last day back at home before heading back up to school brought 7 successes at the mailbox:

2/2 Sam Carlson - 7 Days
Mariners #3 Prospect

2/2 Corbin Burnes - 7 Days
Brewers #6 Prospect

3/3 Drew Waters - 11 Days
Braves #17 Prospect

1/1 Will Gaddis - 10 Days
Rockies #18 Prospect

2/2 Freddy Tarnok - 11 Days
Braves #25 Prospect

1/1 Connor Wong - 7 Days
Dodgers #26 Prospect

1/1 Connor Seabold - 10 Days
Phillies Prospect

Carlson and Waters used black sharpie while the other 5 used Blue. A mix of personalizations and inscriptions from those I got back today, and Gaddis even responded to my letter on his own personalized stationary, added an extra stamp, and put the card in a sleeve. This seems to be starting off as the best class of signers in a while, have a nice long weekend everybody!

Old 01-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #6
tribetown
Banned

Nice returns. Glad to see you taking after my goals!
tribetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #7
TylerSchmidt28

Hello all, I got caught behind in school work and have not been active for a weeks now, but Spring Break allowed me to open up the TTM returns I received from prospects between Winter Break and now, and I also traveled to Lake Buena Vista and Lakeland for five games of Spring Training earlier this week. I will recap the TTMs here without photos and create a 2nd, more detailed post, with my Spring Training successes.

TTM:

4/4 Evan White - 10 Days (Black/Personalized)
Mariners #2 Prospect

4/4 Kyle Wright - 10 Days (Blue/2 Personalized/1 inscribed "Go Braves!")
Braves #2 Prospect

2/2 Bubba Thompson 10 Days (Blue/Personalized)
Rangers #5 Prospect

2/2 Zac Lowther - 10 Days (Blue/1 Personalized/1 inscribed "Go O's!")
Orioles #17 Prospect

2/2 Nick Raquet - 10 Days (Blue/Personalized)
Nationals #16 Prospect

2/2 Stuart Fairchild - 10 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed "Go Reds!")
Reds #12 Prospect

1/1 Carl Stajduhar - 10 Days (Blue/Inscribed "Go Mets!")
Mets Prospect

2/2 Matthew Whatley - 13 Days (Blue/Personalized)
Rangers #23 Prospect

4/4 Noah Bremer - 13 Days (Blue/1 Personalized/1 Inscribed "Go Rangers!)
Rangers Prospect

3/3 Kevin Merrell - 14 Days (Black/1 Personalized & Inscribed "Go Athletics!")
Athletics #15 Prospect

2/2 Gavin Sheets - 14 Days (Blue/Personalized)
White Sox #12 Prospect

2/2 Brendan Murphy - 14 Days (Blue)
Brewers #30 Prospect

1/1 Daulton Varsho - 15 Days (Blue)
Diamondbacks #6 Prospect

3/3 Kramer Robertson - 16 Days (Blue/1 Personalized/1 Inscribed "Geaux Cards!")
Cardinals Prospect

1/1 Peter Solomon - 16 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed "Go Astros!")
Astros Prospect

2/2 Tommy Doyle - 17 Days (Blue/1 Personalized/1 Inscribed "Go Rockies!")
Rockies Prospect

1/1 JJ Matijevic - 19 Days (Black)
Astros #25 Prospect

4/4 Brett Netzer - 19 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed with Bible Versus/Note to stay in touch)
Red Sox #19 Prospect

1/1 Ryley Widell - 19 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed "Go Twins!")
Twins Prospect

3/3 Royce Lewis - 20 Days (Blue/Personalized)
Twins #1 Prospect

2/2 Quentin Holmes - 20 Days (Blue)
Indians #13 Prospect

3/3 Quinn Brodey - 20 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed "Go Mets!"/Note thanking for support)
Mets #28 Prospect

2/2 Seth Elledge - 22 Days (Blue/1 Personalized & Inscribed "Go M's!")
Mariners #19 Prospect

2/2 Brendon Little - 23 Days (Blue/Personzalied & Inscribed "Go Cubs!")
Cubs #6 Prospect

3/3 Hagen Danner - 23 Days (Blue/Personalized)
Blue Jays #20 Prospect

2/2 Tyler Freeman - 26 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed "God Bless & Go Tribe"/Note thanking for support)
Indians #14 Prospect

2/2 Drew Strotman - 27 Days (Blue/1 Inscribed "Thx for the support Tyler!"/1 Inscribed "Go Rays!")
Rays #23 Prospect

1/3 Brian Miller - 33 Days (Blue)
Marlins #12 Prospect

4/4 Joey Morgan - 33 Days (Black/1 Personalized/1 Inscribed "Go Tigers!)
Tigers#21 Prospect

2/2 Cory Abbott - 33 Days (Blue/1 Personalized/1 Inscribed "Go Cubs!)
Cubs #29 Prospect

1/1 Cash Case - 33 Days (Blue/Note thanking for support)
Reds Prospect

1/1 Shed Long - 34 Days (Black)
Reds #7 Prospect

1/1 Trevor Rogers - 37 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed with Bible Verse)
Marlins #6 Prospect

3/3 Ernie Clement - 45 Days (Black)
Indians #24 Prospect

2/2 Drew Ellis - 55 Days (Blue/Personalized & Inscribed "Thanks!")
Diamondbacks #8 Prospect

Thanks for reading! If you want pictures of any let me know!

Last edited by TylerSchmidt28; 03-09-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:15 AM   #8
TylerSchmidt28

So this past week I attended 5 Spring Training Games:

3/4 - Marlins @ Braves
3/5 - Pirates @ Braves
3/6 - Yankees @ Tigers
3/7 - Blue Jays @ Tigers
3/8 - Astros @ Braves

Was pretty excited to see teams like the Yankees and Astros in action, hoping some of the big stars would come through on the road and I would have a shot at them. I was with my entire family; my Dad just gets autographs casually while my sister and mother could care less so I knew opportunities postgame and early morning would not be happening, but I still did relatively well. Here's the total recap.

3/4 - Marlins @ Braves:
We couldn't get our rental car until 10 am so by the time we were at the stadium the gates had already been open for a little less than two hours, not ideal from an autograph perspective. I got Johan Camargo outside by a stroke of luck and then went inside, where Dansby Swanson was cutting across the field to the outfield batting cage. I was able to get to him, and since there were not many there he signed for everyone, good start to my trip. The Marlins sent some good names including Starlin Castro and Justin Bour, but I was hoping to get the prospects they sent in Harrison, Diaz, Neidert, and Anderson. I was able to get 3/4 of them right before game time. Had heard bad things about Monte but he couldn't have been more friendly. During the game I got some of the Braves minor leaguers as their first practice finished. Decent day all in all considering I didn't have much time to get autographs. Most of the players on the Braves system to limit however, but it is what it is.

Braves:
4/4 Ian Anderson
2/4 Troy Bacon
1/2 Rex Brothers
1/1 Johan Camargo
1/2 Brett Cumberland
1/2 Braxton Davidson
1/2 Travis Demeritte
1/2 Lucas Herbert
4/4 Tyler Marlette
2/2 Mike Maroth
3/3 Kyle Muller
3/3 Wes Parsons
1/1 Matt Rowland
1/1 Dansby Swanson
2/2 Freddy Tarnok
2/2 Drew Waters
4/4 Patrick Weigel
1/1 Keith Weisenberg
1/2 Joey Wentz
2/2 Chase Whitley

Marlins:
1/1 Isan Diaz
1/1 Monte Harrison
2/2 Nick Neidert

3/5 - Pirates @ Braves
I arrived a bit earlier today around 8:00 am in hopes of getting some of the major leaguers for the Braves. All the position players who were playing already got there, but the bench players and all pitchers walked right by. While I did get some, a majority of them ignored or declined saying they were in a hurry. However, Tom Glavine was with the pitchers as a special instructor and did stop and signed for everyone. I had a card and also a slightly game-used MLB ball and opted to have him sweetspot the ball instead, even though I don't collect baseballs, but I had to for a first ballot Hall-of-Famer. In a nice bonus Pirates closer, Felipe Rivero, who I am a big fan of, drove in instead of taking the team bus and signed for everyone, he could not have been nicer. The Pirates sent some good players like Bell, Marte, and Dickerson; so I tried for them during BP and stretching inside. It seems everyone who came with the Pirates signed a good amount, but of course all at the same time so I couldn't get them all but I'm very satisfied with who I did get!

Braves:
2/2 Troy Bacon
1/2 Rob Brantley
2/2 Grant Dayton
1/2 Max Fried
1/1 Tom Glavine
1/1 Josh Graham
1/2 Drew Harrington
4/4 Jacob Lindgren
1/1 Phil Pfeifer
1/2 Austin Riley
2/4 Ricardo Sanchez
1/1 Kade Scivicque
1/2 Arodys Vizcaino
2/4 Walt Weiss

Pirates:
1/2 Josh Bell
1/1 Tyler Jones
1/1 Starling Marte
1/1 Dovydas Neverauskas
1/1 Kevin Newman
1/1 Felipe Rivero

3/6 - Yankees @ Tigers
The Yankees sent everyone I could have wanted today; Judge, Stanton, Didi, Bird, Gary, Andujar, Gleyber, Florial, and more. Unfortunately though Publix Field in Lakeland saw quite the change over the offseason. I previously knew the backfields were cut off on game days, but now in addition the netting behind the plate now almost completely extends foul pole to foul pole making autographs virtually impossible except a small section next to the dugout. That section was already dozens of people deep even though I got there when gates opened so I made no attempt at autographs and instead enjoyed the Judge/Stanton BP spectacle. Right when the game ended I rushed down to that spot in hopes of snagging someone, but many fans at the same idea. Estevan Florial signed for around 15-20 people and I was next but he had to go, so I went home empty.

3/7 - Blue Jays @ Tigers
Knowing how yesterday went I expected nothing today, and did not even bother for Blue Jays. However the field directly behind left field had a few Tigers pitchers and catchers working out and I was actually able to get five cards and a photo signed, and some decent ones at that. I went for the same section of the dugout postgame for the Blue Jays and was able to call a guy over I didn't have before and he signed, Max Pentecost.

Tigers:
1/1 Chad Bell
1/1 Michael Fulmer
1/1 Grayson Greiner
1/1 John Hicks
1/1 James McCann
1/1 Daniel Norris

Blue Jays:
1/1 Max Pentecost

3/8 - Astros @ Braves
My final day here and I showed up early again but that was pretty much a waste, I only got two Braves from the morning practices to sign cards. They are not an easy team by any means to get autographs. Some new minor leaguers were there today and had a practice starting at 12:30 so it made the time before the game not a total waste. I also got a team sheet signed by players I had no cards for so I wouldn't miss prospects like William Contreras, Derian Cruz, and Huascar Ynoa. On the Astros side they brought Bregman and no other stars but no one even glanced at the fans. Should've stuck to the Braves as Acuna, Albies, Inciarte, and Swanson all were signing as the Astros ignored, oh well can't do anything about it now.

Braves:
4/4 Ian Anderson
2/2 Charlie Culberson
1/1 Brett Cumberland
1/4 Anfernee Seymour
1/1 Nicholas Shumpert
1/1 Joey Wentz
3/3 Bryse Wilson
1/4 Kyle Wright

As a whole it was a fun time, I wish I could have got more but most factors of why I didn't were out of my control. Also hurts to see the day I leave players like Allard, Soroka, and Pache were assigned to minor league camp so I would actually have a chance at them unlike when they were behind the big fence mixed in with the major leaguers. Perhaps next year we will try somewhere different such as the Tampa or West Palm Beach area, but I'm happy with getting guys like Glavine, Fulmer, Marte, and more! Less than a month until the MiLB season now!

All photos can be found in this album:
https://imgur.com/a/hrETZ
Old 03-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #9
bronxbomber33

Very nice. The Glavine ball looks awesome!! Looks like you had a great time!
bronxbomber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #10
shortking98

Awesome Glavine! The other stuff is nice too but hard to top a HOFer
shortking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #11
TylerSchmidt28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortking98 View Post
Awesome Glavine! The other stuff is nice too but hard to top a HOFer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbomber33 View Post
Very nice. The Glavine ball looks awesome!! Looks like you had a great time!
Thank you! Good luck this season!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:37 AM   #12
TylerSchmidt28

Few notes before the minor league season starts officially tomorrow, and I’ll be down in Hartford all weekend while they play New Hampshire to see if kick off

Monday -
Nice TTM return today, Burger ruptured his Achilles in spring so he’s got time to sign mail now, hope it gets better
2/4 Jake Burger - 86 Days

Yesterday -
Yard Goats preseason meet the fans for Season Ticket holders took place and this year my parents got season tickets so they were able to go. My Dad is an autograph collector himself and I couldn’t go so my mother said she would try to get stuff signed for me, and she was pretty successful getting everything she brought signed, I only wish I could have asked her to take more!

4/4 Peter Lambert
3/3 Brendan Rodgers
3/3 Garrett Hampson
2/2 Jesus Tinoco
1/1 Omar Carrizales
1/1 Ryan Castellani
1/1 Parker French
1/1 Don Nunez
1/1 Matt Pierpont
1/1 Jack Wynkoop

She also got the entire team on an Eastern League Ball and a team sheet so I don’t have to worry about those this season. I have a few more Lamberts and Hampsons and a bunch more Rodgers of course but now I’m mostly finished with the Goats for the year.

Excited for this weekend to be back at DDP, good luck this season everyone!

Old 04-05-2018, 12:28 AM   #13
rukastar

Great stuff, and love the Burger ttm. I have tickets for Friday's game but it's really not looking so good at the moment in terms of weather.... I might try to do sunday instead. Can't wait for another great year of graphing!
Old 04-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #14
TylerSchmidt28

Went home this weekend to catch the opening series of the New Hampshire FisherCats and Hartford Yard Goats. New Hampshire is stacked with prospects, most notably Vladimir Guerrero Jr and Bo Bichette, which meant heavy crowds all four days to get them. Unfortunately Vlad only signed a few on Friday and Saturday, and Bo signed even less Friday-Sunday but they were hounded so can’t blame them. However I got pretty much everyone else I had a card for and a few photos from last year signed, so it could have been worse. Also Saturday morning I went to a Tim Wakefield appearance at a bank and got a photo and two cards signed so that was a nice treat.

Thursday:
Nothing, not a single player for NH signed pregame on Opening Day

Friday:
1/1 Cavan Biggio
1/1 Lourdes Gurriel Jr
1/1 Francisco Rios
1/1 Nick Tepesch

Saturday Morning:
3/3 Tim Wakefield

Saturday Night:
1/1 Cavan Biggio
3/3 Jon Harris
2/2 Zach Jackson
1/1 Max Pentecost
3/3 Sean Reid-Foley
1/2 Francisco Rios
2/2 Nick Tepesch

2/2 Parker French

Sunday:
3/3 Francisco Rios

That’s it for now, I’ll be gone for the final month of school and will be back with New Hampshire vs Hartford again once finals are over near Mid-May. Might catch a few Red Sox games however between now and then. Best of luck to everyone!

Old 04-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #15
VandyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSchmidt28 View Post
Went home this weekend to catch the opening series of the New Hampshire FisherCats and Hartford Yard Goats. New Hampshire is stacked with prospects, most notably Vladimir Guerrero Jr and Bo Bichette, which meant heavy crowds all four days to get them. Unfortunately Vlad only signed a few on Friday and Saturday, and Bo signed even less Friday-Sunday but they were hounded so can’t blame them. However I got pretty much everyone else I had a card for and a few photos from last year signed, so it could have been worse. Also Saturday morning I went to a Tim Wakefield appearance at a bank and got a photo and two cards signed so that was a nice treat.

Thursday:
Nothing, not a single player for NH signed pregame on Opening Day

Friday:
1/1 Cavan Biggio
1/1 Lourdes Gurriel Jr
1/1 Francisco Rios
1/1 Nick Tepesch

Saturday Morning:
3/3 Tim Wakefield

Saturday Night:
1/1 Cavan Biggio
3/3 Jon Harris
2/2 Zach Jackson
1/1 Max Pentecost
3/3 Sean Reid-Foley
1/2 Francisco Rios
2/2 Nick Tepesch

2/2 Parker French

Sunday:
3/3 Francisco Rios

That’s it for now, I’ll be gone for the final month of school and will be back with New Hampshire vs Hartford again once finals are over near Mid-May. Might catch a few Red Sox games however between now and then. Best of luck to everyone!
I'm curious, is it that Bo and Vlad don't sign pregame? Or not after either? They'll likely be elsewhere by the time they come near me (mid August) but I've been debating maybe taking a weekend trip elsewhere. Although, on the other hand, if the crowd is going to be huge, it might not be worth it
Old 04-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #16
TylerSchmidt28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCards View Post
I'm curious, is it that Bo and Vlad don't sign pregame? Or not after either? They'll likely be elsewhere by the time they come near me (mid August) but I've been debating maybe taking a weekend trip elsewhere. Although, on the other hand, if the crowd is going to be huge, it might not be worth it
Bo signed before for maybe 3 people on three of the four days at the corner of the dugout. Vlad signed pregame for 10 people maybe on 2 of the 4 days down the line. Neither signed after the game any of the four days. Vlad just ignores and Bo sprints to the bus. I would say it’s not worth making the travel unless you have absolutely nothing else to do, need to be very lucky to get them, and I think the Hartford crowds are less than you’ll find in Trenton or Reading.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:45 AM   #17
shortking98

Can’t believe Sean Reid Foley signed multiples. He used to be really tough
shortking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:18 AM   #18
VandyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSchmidt28 View Post
Bo signed before for maybe 3 people on three of the four days at the corner of the dugout. Vlad signed pregame for 10 people maybe on 2 of the 4 days down the line. Neither signed after the game any of the four days. Vlad just ignores and Bo sprints to the bus. I would say it’s not worth making the travel unless you have absolutely nothing else to do, need to be very lucky to get them, and I think the Hartford crowds are less than you’ll find in Trenton or Reading.

I was thinking Harrisburg but yeah sounds like a waste. I’m interested in other guys on that team but probably not worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #19
rukastar

Red face

Quote:
My gf and I were at the same Friday game Tyler did and Reid Foley did 1 per for each of us.

Great stuff anyway Tyler, totally sucks that Bo and Guerrero can't be bothered. Glad we didn't come on Sunday! Will you be around the next weekend series with Harrisburg?
Old 04-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #20
TylerSchmidt28

Quote:
Yes I've seen how tough he is before, must have caught him on a good day and heard he was even better after the game on Saturday, granted he pitched 6 shutout innings and only allowed a bunt single. He seemed so easy this weekend in comparison to the rest of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCards View Post
I was thinking Harrisburg but yeah sounds like a waste. I’m interested in other guys on that team but probably not worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah and even the other guys for the most part limit and don't sign everyday. I think only Rios and Pentecost signed all four days of the trip, and Pentecost was a strict one per.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
My gf and I were at the same Friday game Tyler did and Reid Foley did 1 per for each of us.

Great stuff anyway Tyler, totally sucks that Bo and Guerrero can't be bothered. Glad we didn't come on Sunday! Will you be around the next weekend series with Harrisburg?
It was interesting, Reid-Foley was doing two for everyone Saturday, first time I've ever seen that out of him, and for some people he was doing 3 or 4. Unfortunately it's back to school for the next month for me! So won't be catching the next few series, but I'll be back in time to see New Hampshire again in mid-May, and perhaps when UConn plays at DDP on 5/11-5/13!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #21
unclemonkey

I was thinking of sending a few baseballs.

I would love Haseley!

What has been your experience getting those back?
unclemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #22
NeonStatus

237 out of 1000 and we are 5 games into the season, seems like you are on pace to reach your goal.

Do you do anything to prep your cards before you TTM or IP?
Old 05-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #23
TylerSchmidt28

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemonkey View Post
I was thinking of sending a few baseballs.

I would love Haseley!

What has been your experience getting those back?
I have never sent baseballs before but with Haseley I would imagine it wouldn't be an issue. Super nice guy when I got him in person in Norwich last year and he was super quick through the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonStatus View Post
237 out of 1000 and we are 5 games into the season, seems like you are on pace to reach your goal.

Do you do anything to prep your cards before you TTM or IP?
Yes the goals are looking good! I always prep by rubbing cards down with a white, hi-polymer eraser, especially the glossy ones like Chrome/Platinum, 2017 Pro Debut, and 2016 Bowman Draft
Old 05-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #24
TylerSchmidt28

Finally back home from college, and getting ready to head back to MiLB games again soon. Just some recent additions I have been able to add to my collection thanks to some great parents who got me guys I might otherwise have missed; 2 Garrett Hampson’s and a Peter Alonso! Very happy to add Alonso and very lucky to have parents who were willing to get me these cards. Hope everyone is doing well and I’ll be back to posting frequently now!

Old 05-14-2018, 09:44 PM   #25
TylerSchmidt28

Not much quantity wise today in my first day back at Dunkin Donuts Park but I am very happy with how it went. Was in the right place at the right time and got Vladimir Guerrero Jr who I really wanted. Didn’t stay after because I was with my Dad but plan to the next two days as long as the weather is good

1/1 Vince Horsman
1/1 Patrick Cantwell
1/4 Sean Reid-Foley
1/1 Vladimir Guerrero Jr
1/1 Cavan Biggio

Hope everyone has a good week!