Blowout Cards Forums
2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #32751
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Nia vs Ronda makes no sense already. Has to be a none finish with various people getting involved.
not watching tonight..too many other sports of interest on..

but i saw that on the update and immediately had the same reaction, like wtf..

only thing i can think of is they have Mickie come out and cause a DQ, since she was the one that started stuff few weeks ago...i dont see them turning nattie...yet

they are already thin on women faces...Nia, Moon...Bayley/Sasha have the tweener thing going in their rivalry....and Rousey...

and spot on after last week...Jinder getting over and not Reigns...thats how bad things are getting Vinnie Mac...wake the hell up and get your stiffy for Reigns off TV
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:44 PM   #32752
natbornkiller

has revival ever won an match since call up ?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #32753
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
has revival ever won an match since call up ?
not anything relevant..but they were obviously on the way to getting a push before the injury set them back for so long..

now they are borderline Good Brothers territory

and for people that say this Hardy gimmick is bad or isnt over...did you just see the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand? good grief..

although i hate the schtick that the announcers crap all over the gimmick EVERY week/match
Old 05-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #32754
geauxj3

Curious if you guys think a card set featuring independent wrestlers would work. So many stars on the scene now and with the success of the all in show selling out I'm thinking it could work.
geauxj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:22 PM   #32755
Sauceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxj3 View Post
Curious if you guys think a card set featuring independent wrestlers would work. So many stars on the scene now and with the success of the all in show selling out I'm thinking it could work.
Yea, that would be awesome. It would also be the first card for a lot of guys and gals who will inevitably wind up in WWE.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:33 PM   #32756
cdub6238

Quote:
ehh..

are their really any independant stars left though? most TRUE independants have all been scooped up by WWE by now..

i dont think outside of maybe an Omega, Ibushi or Pentagon Jr..i dont think many have the "name" talent to command interest in a card set
Old 05-14-2018, 10:41 PM   #32757
geauxj3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
ehh..

are their really any independant stars left though? most TRUE independants have all been scooped up by WWE by now..

i dont think outside of maybe an Omega, Ibushi or Pentagon Jr..i dont think many have the "name" talent to command interest in a card set
I could be wrong of course. I'm thinking guys like joey janela, walter, Matt riddle, mjf, Matt Tremont, and I could list a lot more that I believe would draw interest. I'm thinking a set sort like the ones that leaf does. Like 5 autos a box and no base cards
geauxj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #32758
no10pin

Quote:
I could be wrong of course. I'm thinking guys like joey janela, walter, Matt riddle, mjf, Matt Tremont, and I could list a lot more that I believe would draw interest. I'm thinking a set sort like the ones that leaf does. Like 5 autos a box and no base cards
I dunno, it would be cool for some, but the cross-section of indy wrestling fans and card collectors may not be enough to support an entire release. It would have to be a fairly low print run to start.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:07 PM   #32759
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
I dunno, it would be cool for some, but the cross-section of indy wrestling fans and card collectors may not be enough to support an entire release. It would have to be a fairly low print run to start.
thats what i was thinking as well...

i know the names i listed are in New Japan/AAA...i just dont think anybody would have the name recognition outside of them, much less the even "lesser known" true independants...unless its for hardcore wrestling fans

TNA/ROH have solid wrestlers, but i dont see anybody really craving any cards/autos of them...much less going straight indies
Old 05-14-2018, 11:16 PM   #32760
natbornkiller

elias is the new bray wyatt
lose 75 percent off your matches and still be over
Old 05-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #32761
tnvolfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
elias is the new bray wyatt
lose 75 percent off your matches and still be over
I think elias is the embodiment of someone who made something out of the nothing that creative was giving him. the company did not make him, he used his mic skills to make himself get over. kudos to him and he deserves all the success he achieves
Old 05-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #32762
Jericho

They're putting Lashley in a feud with Zayn?! Nothing against Zayn, because I think he's a good wrestler, but Lashley should be higher on the card. Hell he should have immediately been put with Lesnar. When that wasn't going to happen they should have put him on SD. Happy KO is in MITB though
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #32763
jazz1232dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
They're putting Lashley in a feud with Zayn?! Nothing against Zayn, because I think he's a good wrestler, but Lashley should be higher on the card. Hell he should have immediately been put with Lesnar. When that wasn't going to happen they should have put him on SD. Happy KO is in MITB though
As soon as Lashley came back my first thought was here's Lesnar's loss. They actually have someone who can compete with Lesnar and a golden chance to promote a UFC type fight in the WWE. They can totally go the MMA route with the build up.

I guess they still have time to do it but that horrible sit down interview where Lashley came off like a dork really killed any hope of this match.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #32764
no10pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz1232dc View Post
As soon as Lashley came back my first thought was here's Lesnar's loss. They actually have someone who can compete with Lesnar and a golden chance to promote a UFC type fight in the WWE. They can totally go the MMA route with the build up.

I guess they still have time to do it but that horrible sit down interview where Lashley came off like a dork really killed any hope of this match.
He and Sami are a perfect match then! No DQ match to determine King of the Dorks.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #32765
jazz1232dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
He and Sami are a perfect match then! No DQ match to determine King of the Dorks.
You view Sami as a dork? I view him as wonderfully obnoxious.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #32766
fazzle

Yeah, Sami isn't really a dork per se, he's a hipster douchebag
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #32767
no10pin

I guess I was using more of a generic term. He just annoys me, even before that was the point of his character.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #32768
Jericho

Carmella is so crappy that we have to listen to hear with another "mella-bration"?! Her voice is so terrible why do they torture us like this. They just dont care about their womens title do they?
Old 05-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #32769
mnvikingstwins

anybody actually watch smackdown? Where are they going with the Mandy/Sonya team? Saw that Sonya attacked Mandy from Mandy's instagram
Old 05-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #32770
mnvikingstwins

I'm thinking PVZ is on her way to WWE from UFC sooner rather than later

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi2HKW4lF-k/
Old 05-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #32771
Jericho

Thought SD was ok last night. Bryan beating down Cass was great. Would be nice if Bryan can just move on from him now. Thrilled Becky is MITB for the women.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #32772
fazzle

I'm confused about the Carmella/Asuka match. Either Asuka wins and makes it seem completely pointless that they ended her streak (and then fed the person that ended her streak to Carmella...twice, once clean even) or Carmella wins and that means they put Carmella over Charlotte and Asuka back to back which....REALLY?
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #32773
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
I'm confused about the Carmella/Asuka match. Either Asuka wins and makes it seem completely pointless that they ended her streak (and then fed the person that ended her streak to Carmella...twice, once clean even) or Carmella wins and that means they put Carmella over Charlotte and Asuka back to back which....REALLY?
Yep. I don't think there's anything good of having Asuka dominant as a face on roster.

What they should do is pair up Asuka with Shinsuke of the foreign Japanese heel that never speaks English, throw Tozawa and Kaire in there too if need be, or make Shinsuke/Asuka a love couple for even more heat.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #32774
mnvikingstwins

So can Philomena Sheahan go to jail now for faking her claims against Enzo now that all charges are dropped?
Old 05-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #32775
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
i mean its confusing, but its not...if that makes sense lol

Carmella didnt beat her clean for the title..she cashed in after she got beat down, and only pinned her at Backlash after "her knee giving out"..

so its not like Carmella is winning cleanly and decisively or anything

Asuka SHOULD beat her easily..which sets up the rematch with Flair..

but imo they made her look so weak with the ending of the match at WM that i dont think Asuka going over Charlotte clean makes any sense now..