Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #401
1eyed_jack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
MJ picked Kobe over Lebron...I also pick Kobe...Durant and the majority who play with Kobe and Lebron also said Kobe could beat Lebron 1 on 1 and they all picked Kobe with no hesitation!..Those are the facts!...
That should mean a lot coming from those guys, but unfortunately, Lebron fans are more or less box score nerds that look at stats and because Lebron has better stats that automatically means he's the better player
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #402
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
That should mean a lot coming from those guys, but unfortunately, Lebron fans are more or less box score nerds that look at stats and because Lebron has better stats that automatically means he's the better player
theres been players say that lebron is better then kobe and jordan even. your point?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #403
1eyed_jack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
theres been players say that lebron is better then kobe and jordan even. your point?
Well it goes back to that poll I posted where something like 70% of over 100 players polled said Kobe is the most clutch player in the league, but yet the stats don't say that.

So basically you've got ACTUAL players saying he's the best at it, but you side with stats that say he isn't.

While stats can be important, I personally trust guys that play with or against him more that a stat
Old 02-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #404
1eyed_jack
Banned

And by the way, say what you will about Kobe playing harder in an all-star game that no one else tries in, but remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ylCwWgURNw

sure looked like Lebron was trying to block Kobe to me!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #405
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Well it goes back to that poll I posted where something like 70% of over 100 players polled said Kobe is the most clutch player in the league, but yet the stats don't say that.

So basically you've got ACTUAL players saying he's the best at it, but you side with stats that say he isn't.

While stats can be important, I personally trust guys that play with or against him more that a stat
so now this is whos clutcher?

and i said nothing about stats.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #406
bdoody42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You have blinders on clearly to come here and start fights. You name call and put down any opinion that I have. Every opinion is bias. Dont sit there and think your opinion holds more weight than the next guy on a subjective matter. "I bdoody think X, there you must believe it because im bdoody". Im sorry thats not how opinions work. Maybe in your social click online where lemmings follow, but unfortunately not in the real world.

I dont need your respect on my opinion. It has absolutely no affect on me. What I dont understand is why you feel the need to force me to change it as if it is affecting your life???

If you no see no validity in naming kobe as an option of GOAT, then you have issues.
Not all opinions are bias. I call your views bias and narrow minded and you get mad at me and then say I have issues if I don't consider Kobe for the GOAT.
That seems to be basically the same thing....

I don't care if you change your mind... If you want to live in whatever world you're in that's fine.

I am not here to start fights a guy in here asked what person ever said Kobe was better than Jordan. You said that correct?

I said Kobe is a top 4-8 player all time and you call me a hater. Smh. Some people.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #407
bdoody42

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
If you feel so strongly about a person being able to have an 'unwrong' opinion then why argue when someone disagrees with a different opinion?

It doesn't make sense.
He can do that when he sees fit, but no one can question his opinion.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #408
bdoody42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade Collector View Post
This is getting silly........ of course Kobe has more awards than Lebron. He has been in the league for 7 more seasons than him! Kobe is one of the greatest players of all-time, however Lebron is a better all-around player. It's not that complicated:

-Kobe is a better scorer/takes much more shots
-Lebron is a much better passer
-Lebron gets more rebounds
-Lebron is a better leader
-Both play great defence
This is exactly true. I think Kobe has accomplished more things because he has played longer.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #409
sucram

Hey Orangejello just stop feeding into all these Lebron fans. Why does their opinion matter so much to you? For all you know these are 14 year old kids or a fat 50 year old who lives with his mom . As you have already said the majority of the NBA says Kobe is better. Correct? These are guys who play against both players day in and day out. Their opinions matter a BILLION times more than some card collectors on blowout . I mean MJ and KD's pick of Kobe over Lebron should mean more than Murrke and Bdoody lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvWxE97FwAI

Matt Barnes lol too funny

Last edited by sucram; 02-20-2013 at 03:03 PM.
sucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #410
xavieronly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post
These are guys who play against both players day in and day out. Their opinions matter a BILLION times more than some card collectors on blowout . I mean MJ and KD's pick of Kobe over Lebron should mean more than Murrke and Bdoody lol.
MJ did not play against/with Lebron. How could his opinion on Lebron is better than any of us (who as well did not play against Lebron)? Funny guy....

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #411
sucram

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
MJ did not play against/with Lebron. How could his opinion on Lebron is better than any of us (who as well did not play against Lebron)? Funny guy....
Look at the link I posted... And MJ's pick still means more than any member on this site. Just my opinion

Last edited by sucram; 02-20-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #412
bdoody42

I'm not a fan of either player.......Are you a Kobe fan?

Quote:
Hey Orangejello just stop feeding into all these Lebron fans. Why does their opinion matter so much to you? For all you know these are 14 year old kids or a fat 50 year old who lives with his mom . As you have already said the majority of the NBA says Kobe is better. Correct? These are guys who play against both players day in and day out. Their opinions matter a BILLION times more than some card collectors on blowout . I mean MJ and KD's pick of Kobe over Lebron should mean more than Murrke and Bdoody lol.

Kevin Durant: Kobe would beat LeBron in one-on-one - YouTube
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #413
tristan20
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to tristan20

Quote:

Kevin Durant: Kobe would beat LeBron in one-on-one - YouTube

Uploaded on Nov 1, 2011

LOL

Even Kobe would pick Lebron lol

Check this thread back in 7 years, when its an even playing field.
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #414
sucram

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I'm not a fan of either player.......Are you a Kobe fan?
Yes I am a Kobe fan. But I am also not a Lebron hater. I think Lebron is one of the most dominant if not the the most dominant player in the league. But he has a long ways to go to be put ahead of Kobe in a career point of view (My opinion).
Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #415
bdoody42

Quote:
Yes I am a Kobe fan. But I am also not a Lebron hater. I think Lebron is one of the most dominant if not the the most dominant player in the league. But he has a long ways to go to be put ahead of Kobe in a career point of view (My opinion).
I agree Lebron hasn't passed Kobe career wise. Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now I think. Like I said before I am a celtics fan so I'm not a huge fans of either but can respect how great they are.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #416
sucram

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Uploaded on Nov 1, 2011

LOL

Even Kobe would pick Lebron lol

Check this thread back in 7 years, when its an even playing field.
No #@#@#@#@ he would pick Lebron with himself out of the equation lol... What did that prove? He even repeated "if I took myself out of the equation."

Last edited by sucram; 02-20-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #417
xavieronly1

Quote:
Look at the link I posted... And MJ's pick still means more than any member on this site. Just my opinion
Then please explain why MJ called Kobe the top 10 guards in the history, not top 10 players in the history. Clearly, there are 8 guards standing in between MJ an Kobe.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #418
sucram

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I agree Lebron hasn't passed Kobe career wise. Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now I think. Like I said before I am a celtics fan so I'm not a huge fans of either but can respect how great they are.
I can also respect how great Lebron is. To not respect someone that good would be idiotic. If Lebron had that killer instinct like Kobe did when the game was on the line I would probably say Lebron is going to be the best there ever was. But he doesn't and that is what separates the two in my eyes (My opinion).
Old 02-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #419
sucram

Quote:
Then please explain why MJ called Kobe the top 10 guards in the history, not top 10 players in the history. Clearly, there are 8 guards standing in between MJ an Kobe.
So then I wonder where Lebron stands if we are going off of what MJ said. If he said Kobe over Lebron... Top 20? ... We can do this all day as this thread has proved. When it is all said and done we just have an opinion. Mine is that Kobe is a winner and has proved that. Once Lebron shows he can win when the game is on the line my opinion might change
Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #420
xavieronly1

Quote:
So then I wonder where Lebron stands if we are going off of what MJ said. If he said Kobe over Lebron... Top 20? ... We can do this all day as this thread has proved. When it is all said and done we just have an opinion. Mine is that Kobe is a winner and has proved that. Once Lebron shows he can win when the game is on the line my opinion might change
Pretty good to me for a 28 years old guy who is already in Top 20 in the history.

And for me, MJ is a good player, but he is not good at evaluating player ability. Seriously, look at what he had done as an owner or as a GM. He clearly did not know how to put a team together or draft player. I would put more credit from Steve Kerr than MJ on picking the right guy.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #421
sucram

^ Okay
Old 02-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #422
SocraticGoat777

Quote:
I can also respect how great Lebron is. To not respect someone that good would be idiotic. If Lebron had that killer instinct like Kobe did when the game was on the line I would probably say Lebron is going to be the best there ever was. But he doesn't and that is what separates the two in my eyes (My opinion).
precisely!
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #423
SocraticGoat777

Quote:
Pretty good to me for a 28 years old guy who is already in Top 20 in the history.

And for me, MJ is a good player, but he is not good at evaluating player ability. Seriously, look at what he had done as an owner or as a GM. He clearly did not know how to put a team together or draft player. I would put more credit from Steve Kerr than MJ on picking the right guy.
Running an organization is completely different than being a player. 2 completely different skill sets.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #424
murrke03
Banned

What do people consider kobes prime?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #425
tristan20
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to tristan20

Quote:
Once Lebron shows he can win when the game is on the line my opinion might change !
He did it all through the playoffs, hate blinds people so much it gets to the point of ridiculousness.

Whether or not the game is on the line, doesn't matter. A game consists of 4 quarters.

The result should be a win.
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote