Blowout Cards Forums
Best Sellers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 12-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #2951
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorredsox View Post
Haven't be able to figure out the condition notes. Would be nice if I could select a player and see a list of all cards that player has with condition notes. If anyone knows the answer, please let me know. Thanks.
I wish I could search by grading company and grade.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #2952
papercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ca View Post
I wish they had some type of alert system when you had a "favorite seller" list cards or put cards on sale. What frustrates me the most about COMC is the lack of promotion and marketing. When they had the black Friday sale I sent text messages out to three customers I know. Within the first 15 minutes of the sale I did over $3,000 in sales.
Can you imagine how much more I can sell if I ad a way to let my customers know what and when my sales are going to be? I sold an insane amount of cards last year. Even if we can sell cards at a few percentage points higher it would make the site so much better.
I agree with this. Why they haven't done this yet, especially when new cards are added.

BTW, I am also one who thanks you for your purchases, and for the cards you have put up there that I have purchased.
papercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #2953
mjohnatgt

They are getting closer on the grading company and grade. If you type PSA or BGS in the filter box on the left, those do show up. Adding the grade is something they haven't gotten to yet.
But they are reconfiguring how they put the grades on the cards so that they're more easily uploaded to eBay listings.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #2954
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercards View Post
I agree with this. Why they haven't done this yet, especially when new cards are added.

BTW, I am also one who thanks you for your purchases, and for the cards you have put up there that I have purchased.

I appreciate the love I am getting here on blowout. I am working hard with PSA and COMC to come up with a plan to be able to grade more and list more product the site. I am planning on being more involved with COMC this year and being very vocal in ideas to make the site better. Right now I am planning two trips up there next month. I really want to pound it on them that they need to focus on marketing and an easier way to search cards out.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #2955
MFM

December looks like it's going to be my third-lowest month in terms of money in 2017 (January and February being lowest and second-lowest). My port is baseball-heavy, so I'm not completely shocked.

I try to market my COMC inventory on Twitter and in Facebook groups, and on here, especially when I am running sales (often). But it's hard to tell what of those efforts work and what falls flat. I do wish COMC did more marketing/promotion.
MFM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #2956
VintageVinny

Default Improvements

Well guys there has been improvement for sure with searching this year mainly with all the overview of that card in all grades on the left-hand side. That saves a lot of clicks. Also, did you all see now that you can search graded/ungraded! It isn't perfect yet as you can't filter by company or grade, but that is progress for sure. And also, the titles don't just say 'PSA 9', now they read 'PSA 9 - Mint'. mjohnatgt I think also pointed out that they are renaming stuff, no doubt for clarity on searches and cross-listing. If you look back over this last year I have to admit they did add some cool tweaks and I suspect more are coming.

Didn't get to say a big welcome to the forums HawkDynasty but you always have a real interesting port, love searching it.

I will sell maybe 3,500 cards this month. But overall I think the site is a little stagnant and especially with Mr. 'Cart', our favorite buyer. Lots of the same names over time which is why it is so cool to see fairly new guys like Hawk making moves! Hopefully 2018 brings lots of new inventory and buyers (and less ACL tears.)
VintageVinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #2957
Budler

Quote:
I appreciate the love I am getting here on blowout. I am working hard with PSA and COMC to come up with a plan to be able to grade more and list more product the site. I am planning on being more involved with COMC this year and being very vocal in ideas to make the site better. Right now I am planning two trips up there next month. I really want to pound it on them that they need to focus on marketing and an easier way to search cards out.
Good Luck with them. I have been trying to get a feature installed for several years.
"Hide or ignore a card" As a buyer it is frustrating to go thorough 100s of cards trying to find one.

My PC (any/all players from Nebraska) has over 22,000 cards of which I have only 8,400 of them. Some time back I checked and COMC had little over 9,000 cards of Huskers.

As I do not just buy any card I find, I'm looking for the best deals and a limited budget. Sorting by "Nebraska " does not get me all of them. I have to sort by names (over 776 diff one) That takes time. Then sorting by cheapest When I find one and buy it I have to start over again as it goes to default settings. I can look at 2000 cards in one day. The next day I have to start form the beginning as some one may have lowered they price and I would miss it if I started at the page I left off at.

It would take time to hide/ignore all the cards but in the long run I could would be very helpful for me. If all the cards I see are cards I need I can buy more cards and make more offers per day. Bad thing is I would run out of money faster. I know I'm the only one that this would help and there are other features that would be more helpful to all.

Just vetting
Old 12-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #2958
Ghumbs

Quote:
I wish I could search by grading company and grade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
They are getting closer on the grading company and grade. If you type PSA or BGS in the filter box on the left, those do show up. Adding the grade is something they haven't gotten to yet.
But they are reconfiguring how they put the grades on the cards so that they're more easily uploaded to eBay listings.
Ghumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #2959
VintageVinny

Default Graded

Boom! There it is. I think it was just a non-hierarchy option for a few days but I see now that it lets you drill to company and grade. That is much improved to be certain. They stated they wanted higher-end cards, and even honestly made it a little cheaper to get them on the site. So this is a nice addition to reinforce that. I know you could search on like 'psa' previously but there was no way to filter just by 10's for instance until now, right?
VintageVinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #2960
ih8ca

This makes life easier for me.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #2961
RandysHobby

No wonder I have not been selling anything, most of my cards have been out priced LOL.
RandysHobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #2962
Homerun

$4000 a month? awesome

Last edited by Homerun; 12-29-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Homerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #2963
Homerun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFM View Post
December looks like it's going to be my third-lowest month in terms of money in 2017 (January and February being lowest and second-lowest). My port is baseball-heavy, so I'm not completely shocked.

I try to market my COMC inventory on Twitter and in Facebook groups, and on here, especially when I am running sales (often). But it's hard to tell what of those efforts work and what falls flat. I do wish COMC did more marketing/promotion.
do fb groups work?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #2964
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
do fb groups work?
I am sure it canít hurt. If you can create a desirable brand that customers follow.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:25 PM   #2965
chezball

Quote:
JMS you want to take this.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #2966
notsublime

"I really want to pound it on them that they need to focus on marketing and an easier way to search cards out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
JMS you want to take this.
This is where we insert the "talking to a wall" Gif.

On another note. My most recent contact with COMC CS is less than satisfactory.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:48 PM   #2967
gatorredsox

Things I would like to see:

1. Option for PSA grading at bulk prices.

2. More marketing as many have mentioned. I am sure the users interested in Pokemon cards is limited on the site, so unless they are listed on Ebay, they will sit a long time. The other issue is even though I have a brand new out of the pack Pokemon card I sent in, they processed it, it is listed as used or pre-owned on Ebay like it was played with in a Pokemon game. However a sports card condition is listed as --. How many buyers want a .99 used Pokemon card with 3.99 for shipping?

3. Cards listed on eBay are random and the shipping costs are random. Some say 3.99 for shipping others are free shipping with the cost raised up. Hard to compete on a $3 card on eBay someone ships for free when shipping charges are 3.99 and I pay 20% in fees. Not really sure of the solution on that one but something to thing about.

I have only been using COMC for about 3 months so this is just some lessons learned and throwing it out there for discussion/feedback.
gatorredsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:52 PM   #2968
fezziwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVinny View Post
As for the 74 cents, I use that number a ton. A few reasons, for one...74...less than 75...(this just in!) so it is just the usual COMC undercutting stuff, nothing new there. You'd be amazed but a lot of sellers just blindly price at .75 and leave it there forever. Also, 74 cent cards appear then as 99 cents to the casual 'cart' buyer. There is a essay 'Mind Your Pricing Cues' from Harvard Review that goes all into this. People (for whatever reason, it goes into detail) find something .99 way more appealing than 1.00 (or 4.99 vs. 5.00 and so forth). I price stuff as .70 too, .95 is another people have been conditioned to readily accept as a big value as opposed to 1.00. In the end, try 1/2 and 1/2 and see what works!!
I don't disagree, but there may be an opportunity cost with .74 vs .75 at COMC. Anecdotal but I have taken notice of Amazon sales where my $0.75 copy is selling and those priced less than are not. I don't know if this is luck of the draw, or if there is a min pricing threshold for Amazon listings.
fezziwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:42 AM   #2969
Swipe79

The marketing thing is a sore spot for a lot of people - the 3% fee they charge on top of the $3.00 for each day you run a sale is supposed to be for marketing. No one seems to know how or when it gets used.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:45 AM   #2970
Ax88amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
I don't disagree, but there may be an opportunity cost with .74 vs .75 at COMC. Anecdotal but I have taken notice of Amazon sales where my $0.75 copy is selling and those priced less than are not. I don't know if this is luck of the draw, or if there is a min pricing threshold for Amazon listings.
This is an interesting topic for me. I have never really thought about this until a few people have pitched in their thoughts on the subject. I have a lot of random RC's/prospect cards and such that I have submitted that are currently selling for below my insertion fee. So I had set all of those to 75 cents in hopes of possibly getting some off-site sales or the value comes up on them.

This brings up another topic. Sell at a loss or hold on for profit in and all or nothing approach? Lol
Ax88amp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:13 AM   #2971
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
The marketing thing is a sore spot for a lot of people - the 3% fee they charge on top of the $3.00 for each day you run a sale is supposed to be for marketing. No one seems to know how or when it gets used.
I agree with that 100%.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #2972
jetscollector10

Quote:
I agree with that 100%.
It goes 100% directly into Tim's pockets.

Flickr: Trade and sell
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146778375@N08/albums
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #2973
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
It goes 100% directly into Tim's pockets.
It certainly doesn't go to the staff...
Old 12-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #2974
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
Works good, Just bought some psa 8s because of this search.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #2975
NewVintageNY

They should leverage bulk submissions. For example it's $7 bulk pricing for PSA 45 day. They should allow people to select cards to submit once a month for bulk price with the shipping costs etc built in. Seems like a lot of potential there so you don't have to buy the cards, ship to yourself, ship to psa, have psa ship back to you, then ship back to comc.