Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-02-2018, 02:55 AM   #3001
13goyankees13

In the past few weeks, they've had it open around 3:00 AM EST/Midnight PST, so around now. Nothing yet today though.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #3002
MFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
do fb groups work?
I have no idea, unfortunately. I usually comment on posts from users who are looking for certain players/teams, but I haven't seen a spike in those players/teams soon after I comment.
MFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #3003
mjohnatgt

I just get random sales; the places I post to drum up interest don't seem to do much for me.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #3004
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
There is a theory that itrocdac and jobu have access to challenges the rest of us don't. I'm thinking they're either COMC employees or have some website crawler set up to notify them when the page refreshes and has available challenges.

It's always humorous to me that we squabble over the ability to earn 1/5th of minimum wage by playing those challenges. Best I can figure is I earn about $2/hour playing them, whereas I make about $34/hour at my real job.
I agree-my time is worth the few dollars I pay.

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:29 PM   #3005
tyrodsports

Quote:
I hate that. I also hate that my 200 plus points vanished the other day. wtf
Points earned through the games are not permanent and expire. The ones you purchase do not expire

Old 01-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #3006
Misorski

Has anyone purchased History Points and are they worth buying?
Misorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #3007
Homerun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
Points earned through the games are not permanent and expire. The ones you purchase do not expire
I didn't know that. my bad. I need to use them faster then I guess
Old 01-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #3008
SPCRD

Quote:
Just found this out today had close to 500 yesterday and used some today and only had 100 or so points
Old 01-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #3009
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misorski View Post
Has anyone purchased History Points and are they worth buying?
I find that it is worth it when buying and selling. It also keeps me from scratching my eyes out by playing their silly games...when you can find them. However, based on your port size you have to do your own cost benefit analysis

Old 01-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #3010
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I figured it was kids or teenagers that do them not adults.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOooooo...you were serious?
Old 01-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #3011
13goyankees13

I've found COMC's pricing tools to be pretty bad. Of the 22 items I have for sale now, 11 are priced at or below the suggested wholesale price (what COMC says to use if you want to sell quickly) and 5 don't have any suggested prices. So for a majority of my cards, I get either nothing or an inflated suggested price. I've seen extreme cases of junk wax base cards having suggested prices well over a dollar when no one would even pay the $.25 shipping fee on them.

But if you're mainly looking at cards with relatively stable values or at least predictable trends that sell fairly frequently, they can be very useful.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:03 PM   #3012
boxbuster7

Well after wasting literally an hour refreshing and clicking on the COMC challenges the last few days, I finally got some incomplete ones. The history points are real useful since I buy in volume, and can use 1 click to check sales history instead of having to go to ebay.

I guess I should just pay the 10$ for 1000 points...something about that just doesn't feel right to me however. I already pay so much money on promotions and storage fees.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #3013
Swipe79

Do you get history points for submitting cards - for some reason I'm thinking you get 1 for each item you pay to process.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:24 AM   #3014
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Do you get history points for submitting cards - for some reason I'm thinking you get 1 for each item you pay to process.
No points for submitting cards, if the fees are paid through your COMC balance.

Of course, you get points for buying Store Credit to pay for submitting cards.

Last edited by sthoemke; 01-03-2018 at 02:27 AM.
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #3015
ih8ca

One thing I never understood is why COMC doesn't make sales history public for free. Ebay is pretty much the way everybody values cards now. Can you imagine the foot traffic COMC would get is they had this information public, it would be insane. Not only this it would get next customers for next to nothing and grow the site. I am real curious how much more foot traffic PSA is going to get with the free auction report data.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:50 AM   #3016
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
This should be done, and was asked for when the points were first launched. Deaf ears I guess, doesn’t impact me as I refuse to send them anything anymore.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #3017
xbignick

Old 01-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #3018
xbignick

See three cards I want, buy $100 worth of credit. Credit doesn't show on site for 5 minutes. Go to make offer for cards, won't submit. Literally takes so long to do so the seller had time to lower the price of one of the items. I go to cancel offer to just buy at listed price and won't cancel. Reload, item sold.

Oh boy COMC great website.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #3019
Homerun

Quote:
I emailed comc about where my points went, and they confirmed that they disappear after 30 days. they gave me 200 because I didn't know that and let my lapse. I think that's pretty cool of them to help me out, but I also think its kinda dumb that they lapse considering how hard it is to find open challenges to get them.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #3020
no10pin

Quote:
I emailed comc about where my points went, and they confirmed that they disappear after 30 days. they gave me 200 because I didn't know that and let my lapse. I think that's pretty cool of them to help me out, but I also think its kinda dumb that they lapse considering how hard it is to find open challenges to get them.
Yeah, I try to find one a month so that I always have some there, I never go through 200 in a month before they take them away.

Just a sales tactic, they want you to buy the ones that don't expire!
Old 01-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #3021
dmanrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ca View Post
One thing I never understood is why COMC doesn't make sales history public for free. Ebay is pretty much the way everybody values cards now. Can you imagine the foot traffic COMC would get is they had this information public, it would be insane. Not only this it would get next customers for next to nothing and grow the site. I am real curious how much more foot traffic PSA is going to get with the free auction report data.
Was wondering this myself. I am brand new to COMC and just started researching how it works. Looked for a while to try and find sales history/prices and couldn’t find it on the site and thought that was odd.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:25 PM   #3022
dcallow

Just grabbed a Matthews YG Canvas on COMC for $200... hoping it will grade well
Old 01-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #3023
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcallow View Post
Just grabbed a Matthews YG Canvas on COMC for $200... hoping it will grade well
Easy psa 10 or bgs 10
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #3024
stevetapat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorredsox View Post
Is there a way to search for all cards on COMC that have condition notes?
I'd really like to exclude cards with condition notes or that are marked Good, Poor, etc. but haven't found a way yet.
stevetapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #3025
stevetapat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbogan99 View Post
Here's the problem with that. The cheap stuff is what sells. I have reasonably good luck with (for me, at least) the higher end of my range - stuff above about $20. Maybe that's what they mean by "mid-range"... Stuff between $1 and $20 sits there forever, until you put it on a massive sale, then it moves (mostly to flippers, who are just going to repeat the cycle). The stuff below $1 accounts or the vast majority of my sales. Which is precisely why I worry about the long-term viability of this site - the higher the processing fees go, the less there's going to be in the sub-$1 range, and the more business is going to dry up...
Agree! Like a previous poster, I heard the COMC doesn't want to focus on commons or lower price cards (think I read it on their blog). But as a shopper I want commons from COMC. If I find some more expensive cards and can also get commons in the same order, that makes me more likely to place the entire order with COMC. Sportlots doesn't work for smaller orders (split up among many sellers) with per card prices that can be 50 to 75 cents with shipping. Plus when I want a quality common it's a gamble off SL. The key point is COMC needs commons but not 178 of the same card, and volume will more than make up for lower cost.
stevetapat is offline   Reply With Quote