Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 10

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #3051
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
You could always start a 2nd account for cards that you don't want on amazon/ebay. I don't it isn't an ideal solution, but could work good for higher value cards you don't want to take a 20% hit on.
Good idea. Not frowned upon?

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #3052
SPCRD

Anyone else having a problem not being able to buy a card this morning?
Old 01-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #3053
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
You could always start a 2nd account for cards that you don't want on amazon/ebay. I don't it isn't an ideal solution, but could work good for higher value cards you don't want to take a 20% hit on.
COMC "frowns upon" someone having more than one account on the website - people do it anyways and COMC doesn't do anything about it, so all that frowning means squat - but their official position is that an individual should only have one account.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #3054
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCRD View Post
Anyone else having a problem not being able to buy a card this morning?
Looks to be completely down too. What a shame, I was looking to spend my powerball winnings too

Old 01-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #3055
vtgmsc

Default I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ca View Post
That is last 30 days
I understand. I've been looking at the stats for awhile and just saw that I was on there!

Buy some more from me dammit!

Peace, Mike
vtgmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #3056
vtgmsc

Default Cool.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
Congrats! Iíve picked up many things from you as you usually have great prices and dont mark your stuff up during sales. I wish that COMC offered a function to which we could pick and choose what gets posted to Amazon vice and all or nothing approach.
Thanks for the business and to be honest, I do raise SOME but very few prices before a big sale but I have SO many cards that I always miss some and then they sell VERY cheap but I have so many listed and so many ready to be listed, I'm ok.

Sometimes to avoid making an expensive mistake I just mark expensive cards "To Ship" to avoid selling too cheap.

I also try to avoid storage fees so I don't mind taking a few losses to clear out some inventory.

Hope that all makes sense. As long as I can buy the cards cheap and it appears I can do that for awhile, then you will keep seeing these sales!

Thanks!

Peace!
vtgmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #3057
Swipe79

Site is completely down right now...I got a 502 error and then a 503 error.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #3058
Swipe79

Site is working for me now.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #3059
ih8ca

yes it is
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:56 PM   #3060
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
COMC "frowns upon" someone having more than one account on the website - people do it anyways and COMC doesn't do anything about it, so all that frowning means squat - but their official position is that an individual should only have one account.
I'd guess it might have been an issue when they had submission specials that had limits on the number of card submitted, but those don't happen anymore.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:37 PM   #3061
ih8ca

I use multiple accounts and they don't care.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #3062
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Did Comc get rid of there $5.00 shipping bonus ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
It disappears off the dashboard on the 1st of every month, and then they bring it back a few days later...someday, it's just not going to come back.
just requested a 100 card shipment, will update. that line that is normally there

something like "payout next month"

is not there and no notice of $5 credit
Old 01-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #3063
notsublime

Quote:
I use multiple accounts and they don't care.
Apparently they care some, because it was mentioned to me again in an email just last week.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #3064
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
Apparently they care some, because it was mentioned to me again in an email just last week.
I know several people that have multiple accounts. I am flying up to meet with them on Wed. I can ask them.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:37 AM   #3065
tyrodsports

Quote:
I know several people that have multiple accounts. I am flying up to meet with them on Wed. I can ask them.
Good luck. Perhaps they will invite you to their next pizza party or put you in their next staged video. Just kidding-ask them, why they no longer seem approachable.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #3066
paperbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boophill View Post
I'm beginning to believe that JoBu9 and itrocdaj are one and the same person. What doesn't make sense is that they keep acquiring points while no one else can access the Challenges. I've sent my monthly email to COMC inquiring as to why. I always get the response "we will discuss at our monthly meeting".
I don't think JoBu9 and itrocdaj (who is a member of this site) are one in the same, as I have watched both of them moving up at the same time (many times) while refreshing a challenges page that supposedly had nothing open.

It sounds like you have had about as much luck as I have had in sending emails about this. I usually either get one of two responses, which are "we'll pass this along to are technical department", or " The challenges are a popular feature on the site and only so many open each day blah blah blah". But of course no actual statement about the problem at hand, even though they clearly know of it (what with all the emails and all), but don't seem to care about fixing it. And obviously JoBu9 and itrocdaj don't seem to be morally bothered by the fact that they are doing challenges that no one else has access to, which tells me all that I would ever need to know about them as people. If they were bothered by it, they wouldn't be doing it
paperbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #3067
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
Good luck. Perhaps they will invite you to their next pizza party or put you in their next staged video. Just kidding-ask them, why they no longer seem approachable.
I will make sure that I am unvalilable for the pizza party. I agree that the company has changed. Tim is totally off the grid, that is ok so he can focus on the site and not day to day stuff.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #3068
37Jetson

How many challenge points have you been able to earn per hour? 3,000 or more? I am just curious how fast the fingers are for the folks doing all of the challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperbags View Post
I don't think JoBu9 and itrocdaj (who is a member of this site) are one in the same, as I have watched both of them moving up at the same time (many times) while refreshing a challenges page that supposedly had nothing open.

It sounds like you have had about as much luck as I have had in sending emails about this. I usually either get one of two responses, which are "we'll pass this along to are technical department", or " The challenges are a popular feature on the site and only so many open each day blah blah blah". But of course no actual statement about the problem at hand, even though they clearly know of it (what with all the emails and all), but don't seem to care about fixing it. And obviously JoBu9 and itrocdaj don't seem to be morally bothered by the fact that they are doing challenges that no one else has access to, which tells me all that I would ever need to know about them as people. If they were bothered by it, they wouldn't be doing it
Old 01-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #3069
ryanscardz

FWIW called COMC today and they said $5 ship credit is not gone, just a glitch that the coders have to fix.
ryanscardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #3070
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanscardz View Post
FWIW called COMC today and they said $5 ship credit is not gone, just a glitch that the coders have to fix.
That is good news.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #3071
paperbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
How many challenge points have you been able to earn per hour? 3,000 or more? I am just curious how fast the fingers are for the folks doing all of the challenges.
3,000 is what I average per hour, provided of course that they're working without any glitches, which isn't very often anymore.
paperbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #3072
Swipe79

It's been this way for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanscardz View Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #3073
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperbags View Post
3,000 is what I average per hour, provided of course that they're working without any glitches, which isn't very often anymore.
I could do the baseball team challenge way faster than the card # one that only shows up nowadays.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:43 AM   #3074
COMCMax

Anyone know why some cards don't make it to Ebay? If you contact COMC will they get them posted?

Last edited by COMCMax; 01-10-2018 at 07:32 AM.
COMCMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #3075
mjohnatgt

No, the selection is randomly done by some algorithm. You could try repricing them and see if that gets them on there.