Blowout Cards Forums
star wars

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #3101
scotthenrichs

Newbie question : When you buy something, how long do you have to store up cards without paying any further fees? Can I buy a card and let it sit in my account for a long time before getting 100 cards stored up to send without any storage fee, regardless of price paid?

Then if that’s true, could you technically buy cards for under $0.75 and relist for $0.75 and let them sit forever till they sell or you want them sent to you? The only “cost” would be having my COMC funds tied up in the said card?
scotthenrichs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #3102
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthenrichs View Post
Newbie question : When you buy something, how long do you have to store up cards without paying any further fees? Can I buy a card and let it sit in my account for a long time before getting 100 cards stored up to send without any storage fee, regardless of price paid?

Then if that’s true, could you technically buy cards for under $0.75 and relist for $0.75 and let them sit forever till they sell or you want them sent to you? The only “cost” would be having my COMC funds tied up in the said card?
Yes, no starage fees if card is priced 75 cents or less. You can also mark the card not for sale and let it sit for as long as you want without storage fees.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #3103
snajuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Thats nothing. I had 45 minutes to kill at work the other day and literally refreshed every minute on the minute.

Would not give me one challenge but those same multiple people went up and up during that 45 minute span.

They could not have even finished one challenge in the time frame I was refreshing in and one of them went up 1,000 points from the moment I started refreshing to the time I stopped. So they did 10 challenges during the entire time I was refreshing. Its just strange.

It dont really matter to me either way, I just use the credit earned to fill in cheap cards for sets I am building.

They should give everyone a fair chance though. They are finding a way to lock into the system somehow when they start doing them. I dont know how, but they are.
They might be employees doing the ones that have to get done for the next day services also.
snajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #3104
Boophill

Quote:
Originally Posted by snajuice View Post
They might be employees doing the ones that have to get done for the next day services also.
I emailed COMC specifically asking about itrocdaj and JoBu9. I was told that they were not COMC employees and that they appeared to be separate users from different countries. I was also told that was no limit as to how many users could access Challenges when they were available.

Doesn’t help me any. I don’t care how many points a user is able to acquire as long as I can accumulate my 200 points daily. I’ve not been able to do that the last few months.
Boophill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #3105
snajuice

That is really weird with those two users. Even people who do them all the time like rego1524 don't even get them done when it's just those two people. hmmm
snajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #3106
Boophill

Quote:
Originally Posted by snajuice View Post
That is really weird with those two users. Even people who do them all the time like rego1524 don't even get them done when it's just those two people. hmmm
In the process of happening again today.
Boophill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #3107
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boophill View Post
I emailed COMC specifically asking about itrocdaj and JoBu9. I was told that they were not COMC employees and that they appeared to be separate users from different countries. I was also told that was no limit as to how many users could access Challenges when they were available.

Doesn’t help me any. I don’t care how many points a user is able to acquire as long as I can accumulate my 200 points daily. I’ve not been able to do that the last few months.
Like they'd tell you that staff are scooping up the challenges? Someone's figured out how to game the system and it doesn't matter to COMC, because the work is still getting done and they don't have to pay staff to do it.

And, not to hijack this topic, but have you noticed how the "Shipping Bonus" still isn't on the dashboard? At least, it's not on mine...
Old 01-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #3108
mjohnatgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boophill View Post
I was also told that was no limit as to how many users could access Challenges when they were available.
This is something I've thought about for a while. In many countries, $2.00/hr is upper class. So if you figure they're making $8 a day (8,000 points) and then can cash it out to $6.40 a day, that's a good life in a third world country.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #3109
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
This is something I've thought about for a while. In many countries, $2.00/hr is upper class. So if you figure they're making $8 a day (8,000 points) and then can cash it out to $6.40 a day, that's a good life in a third world country.
I was considering this as well after the comment above, but I couldn't come up with a plausible way that these individuals could beat us Americans with their technological tricks.
3124508 on COMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #3110
Svetlov

I just noticed that the scores they get while the challenges are closed don´t show up in the weekly leaderboard which I found odd. You can see this specifically on Sundays when you click on the full card number one while it is at 100%. It´ll take you to the weekly leaderboard. There´s a few guys with 200 points but those 2 that have 1000+ points don´t show up at all.

I assumed they were beta testers or employees but apparently they are not. So what is it? A backdoor or script to work the system?
Svetlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #3111
xbignick

The #@#@#@#@ COMC?

Won't let me change price on it, when I click it it says sold out, and I can't change anything on it yet I haven't been credited for a sale.

Thanks for not letting me sell an autograph of a player who just won an nfl playoff game.

JOIN HERE: https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1231756

Last edited by xbignick; 01-14-2018 at 08:24 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #3112
ryanscardz

It says there is a pending sale, so likely being purchased through ebay or amazon and waiting to be paid for.
ryanscardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #3113
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanscardz View Post
It says there is a pending sale, so likely being purchased through ebay or amazon and waiting to be paid for.
Can't be.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #3114
Swipe79

Not sure what that would be if you don't sell on Amazon/eBay - it could be someone paying with a credit card through the cart.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #3115
ryanscardz

Ding ding ding. That was my next thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
Not sure what that would be if you don't sell on Amazon/eBay - it could be someone paying with a credit card through the cart.
ryanscardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 PM   #3116
xbignick

I can understand a 5 minute cart, a 10 minute one but listed it and within a couple minutes it was locked into pending. Been well over 2 hours now in what should have been a quick sale. Oh well, another COMC system letdown.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:12 AM   #3117
Swipe79

Or it could be a completed sale and the funds will end up in your account - I've always been paid on "Pending Sale" cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I can understand a 5 minute cart, a 10 minute one but listed it and within a couple minutes it was locked into pending. Been well over 2 hours now in what should have been a quick sale. Oh well, another COMC system letdown.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:12 AM   #3118
sthoemke

Or a debit card through the cart. There might be a delay for the funds to transfer.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #3119
3124508 on COMC

To add on to this, sometimes when I’ve had a pending sale I get 100% of my ask and sometimes I only get 80%. This means that getting a pending sale IS possible if not selling on EBay/Amazon, though I could only speculate as to why.
3124508 on COMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #3120
TheHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Chances are if $2 is upper class, they will not have internet.

Feeling duped yet?
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:49 PM   #3121
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Chances are if $2 is upper class, they will not have internet.
Oldschool Runescape (a MMO game based on a 2007 version of a game) has people from Venezuela kill green dragons in the game for what amounts to $0.50 or so an hour, apparently a nice job over there if done right. You'd be surprised.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #3122
xbignick

Never got paid for the Keenum or a response via e-mail. After clicking it about a million times today it's now for sale finally. I just want to get my order shipped and take a break from COMC.

Last edited by xbignick; 01-15-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:11 PM   #3123
hofs4u

Default Full Card Number Challenge is currently open!

For all you who have been locked out, the full Card Number Challenge is currently open! Finally got some History points!
hofs4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #3124
mjohnatgt

https://www.forbes.com/2006/08/07/vi...l#6aa2051f39ee

"One such entrepreneur is Julian Dibbell, a contributing editor for Wired magazine, who in 2003 challenged himself to spend a year making a living as a retailer in the massively multiplayer game Ultima Online. Dibbell sold in-game items, currency and real estate on eBay , eventually making almost $4,000 a month in profits, translating into roughly a $36,000-a-year salary. And Dibbell says that his income only qualifies as lower-middle class among virtual businessmen."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/ma...farmers-t.html

"At the end of each shift, Li reports the night’s haul to his supervisor, and at the end of the week, he, like his nine co-workers, will be paid in full. For every 100 gold coins he gathers, Li makes 10 yuan, or about $1.25, earning an effective wage of 30 cents an hour, more or less. The boss, in turn, receives $3 or more when he sells those same coins to an online retailer, who will sell them to the final customer (an American or European player) for as much as $20."
Old 01-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #3125
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofs4u View Post
For all you who have been locked out, the full Card Number Challenge is currently open! Finally got some History points!
Got my 200 for the day thanks.