Blowout Cards Forums
2018 tops chrome

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #3226
rockpileaudspts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
You can send slabs through basic service now - .30 + .30 to list.
Well this explains the huge amount of low grade modern slabs recently added. Those items are going to sit in the COMC warehouse for decades.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
rockpileaudspts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #3227
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpileaudspts View Post
Well this explains the huge amount of low grade modern slabs recently added. Those items are going to sit in the COMC warehouse for decades.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Only because they're being listed for unreasonable prices. This is no different than all kinds of raw cards being listed for too much (usually just the shipping cost) that are going nowhere fast.
3124508 on COMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #3228
ih8ca

I love that low end graded stuff. If you can price point it between low enough it flies out of the port.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #3229
whyn0twynne

Anyone know how I update my email for COMC? Not seeing it in my profile...
whyn0twynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #3230
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyn0twynne View Post
Anyone know how I update my email for COMC? Not seeing it in my profile...
You have to email/call (took me 30 seconds via phone call)
Old 01-28-2018, 01:05 AM   #3231
SteelersRock245

"There is a pending sale"

Anyone have an issue where a card is marked as this - no longer listed or available to relist? There are no offers on the card? only one i had declined earlier?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/150431353@N08/6N432m
SteelersRock245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:13 AM   #3232
Ax88amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersRock245 View Post
"There is a pending sale"

Anyone have an issue where a card is marked as this - no longer listed or available to relist? There are no offers on the card? only one i had declined earlier?

I just had one yesterday that I still donít know why itís showing that. Been that way for ~24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ax88amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #3233
mjohnatgt

Sometimes they take days, sometimes weeks to clear. One theory is that they're from off-site buyers that have some type of return window from either Amazon or eBay.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:43 AM   #3234
yoyosh

I'm no longer getting email alerts for items added to my account or offers. Started 3-4 days ago. Anyone else? Ideas?
yoyosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #3235
SteelersRock245

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Sometimes they take days, sometimes weeks to clear. One theory is that they're from off-site buyers that have some type of return window from either Amazon or eBay.
I am surprised because it is a redemption, do they list those on ebay/amazon? I thought COMC redeemed them.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/150431353@N08/6N432m
SteelersRock245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #3236
mjohnatgt

The only redemptions they're not seeming to redeem on their own are expired ones or the recent 2017 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions ones.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #3237
ga5150

I too have not been getting emails for offers. It's been going on for many days now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyosh View Post
I'm no longer getting email alerts for items added to my account or offers. Started 3-4 days ago. Anyone else? Ideas?
ga5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #3238
Ax88amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga5150 View Post
I too have not been getting emails for offers. It's been going on for many days now.

No problems here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ax88amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:01 PM   #3239
YummiestBeef

So this is only my second ever sub to COMC, they are currently in the process of listing a small batch of only 260 cards, nothing huge but a few $2-$30 items. Anyways I opened a few boxes of 2017 gold label this year and have never had this happen to any of the cards in my possession. This was included in the sub, sent away completely fine.... and I literally have no explanation for this:

Is it possible that there was mishandling on their end? I mean it Alfaro not Judge so it's not a big loss by any means but still frustrating.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:13 PM   #3240
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummiestBeef View Post
So this is only my second ever sub to COMC, they are currently in the process of listing a small batch of only 260 cards, nothing huge but a few $2-$30 items. Anyways I opened a few boxes of 2017 gold label this year and have never had this happen to any of the cards in my possession. This was included in the sub, sent away completely fine.... and I literally have no explanation for this:

Is it possible that there was mishandling on their end? I mean it Alfaro not Judge so it's not a big loss by any means but still frustrating.
Funny and sad all at the same time. Crazy.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:19 PM   #3241
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummiestBeef View Post

Apparently you didn't pack your cards properly; prepare for a condescending email about proper card shipping and a link to a youtube video - enjoy.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:50 PM   #3242
CCSportsCards

Those gold framed cards have been known to separate.
CCSportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM   #3243
MFM

I had an issue with my submission (39 premium cards) that went live yesterday. Nine of them have damage not present when I sent them. I reviewed them well because if they didn't sell quickly they were going to BGS via COMC. Those nine all were removed from their toploaders for scanning/handling, while others in that submission batch were not (all shipped in toploaders; I expected them to be scanned and remain that way). All have the same surface smudge/scratch notes, none of which are visible in the scans.

And the phones were down yesterday so I couldn't get anyone on the phone.
MFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #3244
pac_rat_76

I looked on their site but didn't find the info I was looking for.

Can anyone tell me do they charge you a fee for cards purchased but left in your inventory until a shipping promotion comes around? I recently purchased some cards but don't plan on having them shipped anytime soon. I see they charge .01 per/month per item on cards you are selling (above .75) but didn't see any info on how long you can hold cards you purchased w/o incurring any fees.
pac_rat_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #3245
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFM View Post
I had an issue with my submission (39 premium cards) that went live yesterday. Nine of them have damage not present when I sent them. I reviewed them well because if they didn't sell quickly they were going to BGS via COMC. Those nine all were removed from their toploaders for scanning/handling, while others in that submission batch were not (all shipped in toploaders; I expected them to be scanned and remain that way). All have the same surface smudge/scratch notes, none of which are visible in the scans.

And the phones were down yesterday so I couldn't get anyone on the phone.
They were likely only taken out of the toploaders so they could get a better scan of the supposed condition issue.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #3246
MFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3124508 on COMC View Post
They were likely only taken out of the toploaders so they could get a better scan of the supposed condition issue.
I thought that, but there were about a dozen taken out of toploaders for scanning but with no condition notes.
MFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:44 AM   #3247
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac_rat_76 View Post
I looked on their site but didn't find the info I was looking for.

Can anyone tell me do they charge you a fee for cards purchased but left in your inventory until a shipping promotion comes around? I recently purchased some cards but don't plan on having them shipped anytime soon. I see they charge .01 per/month per item on cards you are selling (above .75) but didn't see any info on how long you can hold cards you purchased w/o incurring any fees.
So far-no penalty for not having cards marked for sale. You will be fine.

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #3248
pac_rat_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
So far-no penalty for not having cards marked for sale. You will be fine.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully that doesn't change anytime soon.
pac_rat_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:27 PM   #3249
timber09

I recently got back two years worth of purchases and all of the cards that were rejected for damage over that time - note that I don't have any of my current cards uploaded with notes, I just take them back.

There was certainly some frustration with dings and such I am pretty certain were not there as well as some very similar surface scratch marks on many cards however, as a whole, I was encouraged by many of the cards returned to me.

Reason being - they picked out some damage that was VERY fussy. Stuff that we have all seen come out of packs time and again and stuff that would never once make me blink for a PC card. So I kept those and now have more faith in the cards that they do have in their inventory. Assuming they can not smash them on the desk when packaging to send out to me that is.
timber09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:03 PM   #3250
CCSportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber09 View Post
I recently got back two years worth of purchases and all of the cards that were rejected for damage over that time - note that I don't have any of my current cards uploaded with notes, I just take them back.

There was certainly some frustration with dings and such I am pretty certain were not there as well as some very similar surface scratch marks on many cards however, as a whole, I was encouraged by many of the cards returned to me.

Reason being - they picked out some damage that was VERY fussy. Stuff that we have all seen come out of packs time and again and stuff that would never once make me blink for a PC card. So I kept those and now have more faith in the cards that they do have in their inventory. Assuming they can not smash them on the desk when packaging to send out to me that is.
If you resubmitted the same cards most wouldnít get flagged for condition notes.
CCSportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote