Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bowman draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-23-2018, 06:36 AM   #3351
VeedonFleece

I wasn't pimping the Javy Baez card I mentioned last night but someone bought it, so thanks.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:42 AM   #3352
nflfans4ever

My biggest discount sale going live in a couple minutes.
RIP MR.JEAN BÉLIVEAU

Last edited by nflfans4ever; 02-23-2018 at 10:46 AM.
nflfans4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #3353
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflfans4ever View Post
My biggest discount sale going live in a couple minutes.
Spam and still double ebay on the only 2 cards I looked up (AJ immaculate and Mendez orange).
Old 02-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #3354
nflfans4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Spam and still double ebay on the only 2 cards I looked up (AJ immaculate and Mendez orange).
Well you just looked at two of the cards im not looking to sell for cheap right now because they have a bright futur ! Other than a few its pretty much well priced. And for the spam sorry I thought I could just give a heads up over here in the COMC talk.
RIP MR.JEAN BÉLIVEAU
Old 02-23-2018, 12:42 PM   #3355
peterose4hof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
I regularly report these type of errors so you don't get nearly the errors that COMC had before I started. I have submitted 17,800 error reports in maybe 3 years. An average of 20 a day. Many were wrong players, not being marked autographs, nonautos being marked auto, wrong card number, wrong set (which led to wrong serial number or player), etc. I never was part of the site before the Beckett fiasco, so I don't know if those were always there, but the Beckett thing really did a number on their database. Yes, even though you're paying COMC for a service, double check those types of things when you put them up for sale. If you have something listed as an X-fractor /350 and you remember sending in a red refractor /5, double check it. They are pretty quick to fix errors. I submitted some a few minutes ago and they were solved in minutes (rotate card).
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Although not nearly as many as you, I report errors anytime I see them. Figure it could save both the buyers and sellers a lot of headaches and hassle down the road.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #3356
CCSportsCards

Quote:
Well you just looked at two of the cards im not looking to sell for cheap right now because they have a bright futur ! Other than a few its pretty much well priced. And for the spam sorry I thought I could just give a heads up over here in the COMC talk.
I don't think it's an issue of spam. People here always share the good sales. You just claim you have a good sale but you only have a good sale on stuff people are less interested in while overpricing the stuff people would like.
CCSportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #3357
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
Did you not have another 50% sale at the beginning of this month? Don't know how this is your biggest sale ever?
3124508 on COMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #3358
VeedonFleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
I regularly report these type of errors so you don't get nearly the errors that COMC had before I started. I have submitted 17,800 error reports in maybe 3 years. An average of 20 a day. Many were wrong players, not being marked autographs, nonautos being marked auto, wrong card number, wrong set (which led to wrong serial number or player), etc. I never was part of the site before the Beckett fiasco, so I don't know if those were always there, but the Beckett thing really did a number on their database. Yes, even though you're paying COMC for a service, double check those types of things...
Missed this post or would've responded sooner. The reporting of errors goes back to the Checkoutmycards.com days, so predates the Beckett fiasco, as you put it.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #3359
VeedonFleece

As for people running sales, I find that I hit the back button after about 30 seconds on at least half of the sales I click on. The good sales seem to be few and far between.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #3360
nflfans4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSportsCards View Post
I don't think it's an issue of spam. People here always share the good sales. You just claim you have a good sale but you only have a good sale on stuff people are less interested in while overpricing the stuff people would like.
Those are already good prices. 100$ on COMC for an orange chrome auto /25 of a really good prospect is not overprice. I think my prices are fair on most of my items.
RIP MR.JEAN BÉLIVEAU
Old 02-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #3361
Swipe79

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quote:
Those are already good prices. 100$ on COMC for an orange chrome auto /25 of a really good prospect is not overprice. I think my prices are fair on most of my items.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #3362
13goyankees13

Quote:
Double ebay while on sale is "not overpriced"?

If that's the case I have a bunch of cards that are also not overpriced I'll sell you.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:07 PM   #3363
nflfans4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goyankees13 View Post
Double ebay while on sale is "not overpriced"?

If that's the case I have a bunch of cards that are also not overpriced I'll sell you.
Double eBay for the moment but that could change quickly. Anyway like I said its a few cards I dont want to sell too low.
RIP MR.JEAN BÉLIVEAU
Old 02-23-2018, 06:13 PM   #3364
ih8ca

Quote:
Double eBay for the moment but that could change quickly. Anyway like I said its a few cards I dont want to sell too low.
They are your cards, price them what you think they are worth. The buyers will decide the price.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #3365
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ca View Post
They are your cards, price them what you think they are worth. The buyers will decide the price.
Nobody would say anything if he had not been spamming some tremendous sale that actually isn't all that good.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #3366
CCSportsCards

Quote:
Nobody would say anything if he had not been spamming some tremendous sale that actually isn't all that good.
Fact^^ as mentioned most sales on comc suck. The good ones get posted here by other members
CCSportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:48 PM   #3367
Dragonman

Quote:
its actually awful.......He would have to have an 85% sale for those prices to be competitive.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #3368
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
its actually awful.......He would have to have an 85% sale for those prices to be competitive.
Well I was trying to word it nicely lol. I looked at only the first page but it's clear things are still well over ebay.

I've never understood why people price stuff sky high when people aren't going to bite. I also prefer not to waste $3 when I run a sale by pricing things too high.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #3369
Dragonman

That Ricky Nattiel autograph card that he has priced at $100 and on sale for $50, I picked up at a card show for $10 last month and I thought I overpayed.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #3370
checkoutmydeals

As I understand it, the issue with Spam on this thread is that there is a board specifically for Spamming your COMC sales:

https://www.blowoutforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
Old 02-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #3371
checkoutmydeals

I'll admit I bought a 10 cent card with condition notes. COMC charges like 50 cents to process a card with condition notes, so it's like minting money.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #3372
mfisher27

Question for the lower end sellers:
Is any profit good profit?

I'm working through another batch to send in soon and was wondering what my cutoff should be. Cash out break even is about $0.33. Do you send in anything above that?
Right now I'm going by any listings $1.00 or greater. Should I lower that to $0.75? $0.60?

What are your thoughts?

This only applies to about 50-100 of my cards. The other stuff is at least $1.50, with most being $2.00+ and a lot $5 and above.

I did great before using $1 as a cutoff but was wondering if that was too high.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:00 PM   #3373
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher27 View Post
Question for the lower end sellers:
Is any profit good profit?

I'm working through another batch to send in soon and was wondering what my cutoff should be. Cash out break even is about $0.33. Do you send in anything above that?
Right now I'm going by any listings $1.00 or greater. Should I lower that to $0.75? $0.60?

What are your thoughts?

This only applies to about 50-100 of my cards. The other stuff is at least $1.50, with most being $2.00+ and a lot $5 and above.

I did great before using $1 as a cutoff but was wondering if that was too high.
Is the card making you anything just sitting in a box at your house? At least if it on COMC there is the chance it will sell and you get a little bit out of it.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:17 AM   #3374
clocsta2323

Quote:
Well I was trying to word it nicely lol. I looked at only the first page but it's clear things are still well over ebay.

I've never understood why people price stuff sky high when people aren't going to bite. I also prefer not to waste $3 when I run a sale by pricing things too high.
Your cards are priced pretty high too
clocsta2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:37 AM   #3375
mfisher27

Good point. I'll probably lower my threshold to $0.60, maybe $0.65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Is the card making you anything just sitting in a box at your house? At least if it on COMC there is the chance it will sell and you get a little bit out of it.