Blowout Cards Forums
star wars

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 10-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #476
RandysHobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
Yea, that would be Nathan.
Is he the one who used to frequent the boards? Wish he still did!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157407294@N06/?
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:15 PM   #477
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysHobby View Post
Is he the one who used to frequent the boards? Wish he still did!
No...that was me.

(well, he took over for me after I left in March of 2015...and, I took over for him, when he left back in the fall of 2014...it's all a little confusing)
Old 10-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #478
RandysHobby

Quote:
No...that was me.

(well, he took over for me after I left in March of 2015...and, I took over for him, when he left back in the fall of 2014...it's all a little confusing)
Why'd ya leave!?

Old 10-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #479
JustMoe

Quote:
Why'd ya leave!?
All depends on who you ask...

Anyways, it's old news and not worth publicly rehashing yet again...if you want to PM me, that's cool.

Last edited by JustMoe; 10-07-2016 at 06:46 PM.
JustMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #480
hofs4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
Again, Why to do you think your eBay sales are slower, other than less fresh inventory? I'm asking because I think its kind of weird that the older stuff sold just fine the first 3 months, now nothing seems to be moving.

What I've been getting at is, what are other factors for the slow down. Is it the season/month, feedback, buyers migrated from eBay to COMC direct, large amount of inventory/flooded market/competition, people holding back, investing in other products than cards such as the market or metals? I think it's more than just fresh inventory issue.
Just speaking from my experience, I had a number of oddball minor league pre-rookie cards (graded and raw) and low production serial numbered HOFers that sat until the cross listing with eBay and then they flew out of my port before I could even raise the prices (they were all flips).

I have been considering submitting a number of sports and non-sports cards that rarely are on eBay and have never, or almost never been on COMC, and was testing the waters by flipping similarly listed cards. I was unimpressed with sales until the eBay alliance. Since eBay, cards that sat for nearly a year are all but gone. It may take a month or two for the right buyer to see them, but those buyers are out there on eBay. My more common cards continue to sell on eBay, but at a much slower pace because they have more competition. The unique/hard to find cards were cherry picked during the first few months of eBay exposure and I was hoping to replenish them.

In fact, I had just about given up on ever consigning items to COMC, but then the eBay arrangement changed all that. Excited, I boxed up ~500 cards for my first submission and was hoping to get them up for the holiday season, but am now holding off to see if the cross listing will continue.

"Why don't I just list them on eBay, myself?" you ask. A combination of time contraints, difficulty of making multiple trips to the post office to meet the more stringent eBay shipping deadlines and the fact that I don't have an eBay store, so I would have to list and re-list cards for several months. Instead I figured I can just send everything to COMC and for a fee, not worry about them while the cards sell themselves.

You are right, COMC does not owe us anything with regards to eBay, but as consigners, they do owe us transparency on whether key sales avenues will remain available to us. Until this happens, the submission sits gathering dust . . . .
hofs4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #481
VeedonFleece

Quote:
All depends on who you ask...

Anyways, it's old news and not worth publicly rehashing yet again...if you want to PM me, that's cool.
It wouldn't take too long. It's not as if it's rocket science!

I remember saying back then that I wasn't sure why COMC maintained a presence on here given the amount of, imo, unwarranted stick they got. You were the best thing about it. Funny, helpful, informative. Now what do we (when I say 'we' I mean those who complained) have? Nada, that's what. Not saying that the complainant's concerns weren't valid, just that it escalated unnecessarily imo. I think us COMC customers, buyers and sellers alike, were a lot happier then than we are now, that's for sure.

(Before anyone accuses me of kissing azz, I made it known that I thought Moe brought his dismissal upon himself. I'd have fired him too!)
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #482
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
It wouldn't take too long. It's not as if it's rocket science!
I apologized for that several times; both on the forum and to the individual who thought it was an insult...if we're going to rehash, I was referring to our return policies. If I was going to attack the individual, I would have said something like "You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand how it works..." or something similar.

As I said then, and reiterate now...it was a poor choice of words on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
(Before anyone accuses me of kissing azz, I made it known that I thought Moe brought his dismissal upon himself. I'd have fired him too!)
In hindsight, it was only a matter of time...
Old 10-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #483
techkiller

I need some help.....I'm new to using comc and I'm on the verge of sending in some cards around (106) mostly $5-$20 cards. I'm guessing i should go with their premium service? should i keep the cards in toploaders (some cards are vintage) or just drop them all in penny savers? What is the best cheapest way to ship these cards?
techkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #484
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by techkiller View Post
I need some help.....I'm new to using comc and I'm on the verge of sending in some cards around (106) mostly $5-$20 cards. I'm guessing i should go with their premium service? should i keep the cards in toploaders (some cards are vintage) or just drop them all in penny savers? What is the best cheapest way to ship these cards?
I'd go select, that would save you $53 right there.
Sleeve everything, 20 cents to remove cards from toploaders.
maybe a small flat rate box??? Maybe others can give a better shipping option.
Pray that non get damaged.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #485
phillies347

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Shipping wise, Id put them in penny sleeves in a 200ct box (or something close to that) and pack the extra space in the box w/ packing peanuts or newspapers. Then put that box into a flat rate box (securely) and ship.
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #486
Swipe79

They don't charge for top-loaders on Select or Premium service, so keep them in the top-loaders. I am a big fan of box inside of a box - it has reduced my issues significantly with damage (though not all of them). Priority Mail Flat Rate Bubble Mailer is usually my preferred poison, though I live pretty close and even sending them 4-5 pounds of cards is like $8.00 in a regular box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Old 10-08-2016, 05:33 PM   #487
mjohnatgt

Somebody seems to have bought every baseball card on COMC listed for under 9 cents. Seems like they're taking the eBay thing too seriously, especially since COMC will only list one of each card per consignor until the first one sells.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #488
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
They don't charge for top-loaders on Select or Premium service, so keep them in the top-loaders. I am a big fan of box inside of a box - it has reduced my issues significantly with damage (though not all of them). Priority Mail Flat Rate Bubble Mailer is usually my preferred poison, though I live pretty close and even sending them 4-5 pounds of cards is like $8.00 in a regular box.
Regional rate A I use often. I'll put a couple 500ct on bottom and then I put my select ad premium submissions in padded mailer on top.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #489
RandysHobby

I have only had maybe 15 cards "damaged" in over 6k cards submitted... however you guys are scaring me with these new damaged issues.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:43 AM   #490
Swipe79

They aren't really new. I've only been having a small percentage as well (think 1-2 per 100 submitted), but I package very carefully. Every card is penny sleeved and I take a lot of care in what I do.

My batches due 10/26 and 11/9 have had no returns listed (knock on wood) and those generally show up by four weeks out. I've also had zero cards processed from those groups to this point.

Quote:
I have only had maybe 15 cards "damaged" in over 6k cards submitted... however you guys are scaring me with these new damaged issues.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #491
Dragonman

This is why you have not seen declined items in that 3-4 week time span:

I apologize for the delayed response. I wanted to clarify why these items are not appearing in your inventory manager as needing attention. Around the time your orders were sorted, our company upgraded all of our computers to Windows 10. When this occurred, several computers, including multiple computers in our sorting department, experienced a driver issue preventing their cameras from communicating with our internal software. Unfortunately, this created a backlog of declined items that were not uploaded to inventories. These items are being safely stored in our warehouse, but currently remain not uploaded to our system.

Right now our sorting team's primary focus is ensuring that the increased amount of orders due prior to Black Friday are sorted and ready to be identified and uploaded to their consignors accounts prior to their due dates. As soon as the spike in submissions decreases, we plan to circle back around to the batch of non uploaded items needing attention.

So yes, these will appear in your inventory in the future.. I just wanted to clarify why they were not in the system at the moment. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

James Good
COMC
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #492
RandysHobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post

I apologize for the delayed response. I wanted to clarify why these items are not appearing in your inventory manager as needing attention. Around the time your orders were sorted, our company upgraded all of our computers to Windows 10. When this occurred, several computers, including multiple computers in our sorting department, experienced a driver issue preventing their cameras from communicating with our internal software. Unfortunately, this created a backlog of declined items that were not uploaded to inventories. These items are being safely stored in our warehouse, but currently remain not uploaded to our system.

Right now our sorting team's primary focus is ensuring that the increased amount of orders due prior to Black Friday are sorted and ready to be identified and uploaded to their consignors accounts prior to their due dates. As soon as the spike in submissions decreases, we plan to circle back around to the batch of non uploaded items needing attention.

So yes, these will appear in your inventory in the future.. I just wanted to clarify why they were not in the system at the moment. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

James Good
COMC

INTERESTING!!!! Perhaps why eBay has stopped too!

Old 10-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #493
msu29

Quote:

Regards,

James Good
COMC
Thanks for the feedback
msu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #494
Swipe79

This is another one of those - FYI pieces that should have been shared with all consignors. Their communication policy is getting comical at this point...

I used to think of myself as a partner with COMC, but my attitude towards that has changed drastically in the last few months.

Quote:

Regards,

James Good
COMC
Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #495
OLDPAPER

Agree witb Swipe.....they will never learn that it is better to be proactive instead of reactionary....the more transparent they are with us....the less grief they will get....it amazes me that they have not communicated the Ebay situation to the masses.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #496
Dragonman

They really are not getting any grief. They have thousands upon thousands of buyers and sellers. I doubt 15 or 20 forum whiners matters much to them or anyone
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #497
Jonathon M

Now, if they could just address why they are not uploading any new items to Ebay... That would be great
Jonathon M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #498
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon M View Post
Now, if they could just address why they are not uploading any new items to Ebay... That would be great
"We will begin again shortly"

Last item was 9/23....So I'm wondering what their definition of shortly is?
Old 10-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #499
Jonathon M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
"We will begin again shortly"

Last item was 9/23....So I'm wondering what their definition of shortly is?
where does it say that?
Jonathon M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #500
cruiserdaddy7

One of the many threads on here, COMC told someone that ebay was in beta and "would begin again shortly". It was towards the last couple days of September.