Blowout Cards Forums
2018 football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 06-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #1726
bbogan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Show the picture, but my guess is a fisheye print defect. Pretty common on 1960s-1980 Topps cards.
That'd be a change in their position, as I'm pretty sure I've been told by their people that they don't consider flaws that a card had before it came out of the pack to be "damage"; only stuff that happened to the card as a result of handling after coming out of the pack.
bbogan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #1727
mjohnatgt

Unless he shows a picture, it's just a guess.
mjohnatgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:01 PM   #1728
1yunggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSportsCards View Post
176 with damage out of 1207... I think they are just being really really picky with what they are considering damage. I bought a card today that said it had a printer spot. What the heck is that
I'm starting to think that maybe this is there way of speeding up the process a little bit by rejecting so many cards from many people and just plain being super picky on anything low end. I have seen them add several rare cards though with condition notes and not charge me extra or even reject them in the first place.I have also noticed on my last few submissions that they have been adding a few cards earlier and earlier than what i have experienced in the last few months. For instance, I have a submission due the 29th which they have already added a few cards from! I really could not believe it!
Old 06-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #1729
manderson3422

COMC must be on it lately. My next submission isn't due until 07/10 and just got my decline notice. Big improvement if it holds up as well. 1 card out of 650 was the only item declined. I'll take it.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #1730
cardcollector20

I don't get the BGS Grading Problems on comc right now. I had 3 BGS Gradings which were submitted by a Group Breaker in May and received all three already back. I have some Grading Submissions with comc (same service level) dated March and not one is back till now. Is there a Beckett or comc problem!?
Old 06-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #1731
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson3422 View Post
COMC must be on it lately. My next submission isn't due until 07/10 and just got my decline notice. Big improvement if it holds up as well. 1 card out of 650 was the only item declined. I'll take it.
It could just be a card that isn't supported.

It may be a while until they actually start processing your cards. That's when the declines happen.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #1732
mjohnatgt

Nah, he's on about the same schedule I am and I got my real rejection email a couple of days ago too. However, most of the cards I submitted were from a 90s collection I picked up strewn around a giant rolling storage tub. So getting 200 rejected out of 1200 was fine since I only sent them since they'd be the only ones on site. Will have those sent back to me and see if there's anything worth submitting on Select the next time.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #1733
manderson3422

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
It could just be a card that isn't supported.

It may be a while until they actually start processing your cards. That's when the declines happen.
The one that was declined was a 2016 topps holiday jersey card. Nothing special but I think that one would be supported. I remember a couple of years ago around week 3 or 4 the rejection stuff would come in and then cards were processed shortly after.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #1734
manderson3422

Quote:
Nah, he's on about the same schedule I am and I got my real rejection email a couple of days ago too. However, most of the cards I submitted were from a 90s collection I picked up strewn around a giant rolling storage tub. So getting 200 rejected out of 1200 was fine since I only sent them since they'd be the only ones on site. Will have those sent back to me and see if there's anything worth submitting on Select the next time.
I thought I saw someone else said they were surprised because they started having cards trickle about halfway. If this holds up it would be a great change of pace considering my last batch was due in May and it didn't get done until two hours left. They could still finish it with two hours left but it looks like they are getting to stuff earlier.

For the 90's collection, I did the same thing. All of my random basketball is from a craigslist deal. Still have a lot left to send in. I got roughly 10,000 cards for $25. Sent them the cards that weren't on comc or the awesome members that have something for $40 just because. I sold the rest for $25 so whatever keeps selling is just extra, over .25 cents anyway
Old 06-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #1735
CCSportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Were they hand delivered?
Yes they were
CCSportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #1736
CCSportsCards

Quote:
Show the picture, but my guess is a fisheye print defect. Pretty common on 1960s-1980 Topps cards.
I couldn't find it in the scan
https://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/...Evans/11999491
Old 06-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #1737
chezball

Quote:
Yes they were
So how on earth could you have any damage, this just proves what we have been saying all along.
Their employees are damaging the cards.Don't they realize it's costing them thousands of dollars. It's more than the average 5-10% damage on cards that were hand delivered, freaking sickening.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #1738
mjohnatgt

Quote:
I don't see anything either.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #1739
CCSportsCards

Quote:
So how on earth could you have any damage, this just proves what we have been saying all along.
Their employees are damaging the cards.Don't they realize it's costing them thousands of dollars. It's more than the average 5-10% damage on cards that were hand delivered, freaking sickening.
I'm sure some had minor damage but ya not that many. I already resubmitted them for the extra .25 charge or I would show some of what they considered damaged
Old 06-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #1740
JustMoe

Quote:
How can it be costing them "thousands", especially when some sellers are willing to pay the extra quarter to get the cards submitted with condition notes, and more sellers are still sending in cards, regardless of the issue...I'm not saying that COMC is encouraging employees to mishandle cards, but I'm willing to bet they're either looking the other way or just considering this whole thing a low-priority issue.

Until this (or any other issue) actively affects their bottom line, any concerns from the public will continue to go on ignored...
Old 06-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #1741
cking

I only have 103 cards in my port. 102 of them are listed on Ebay. How do I go about getting the one that is not listed put on Ebay?
cking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #1742
mjohnatgt

#21stcenturyproblems

Why does every single card need to be listed? Do you happen to have two of the same card? Is the card that's missing already on site being sold by other people?
Old 06-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #1743
cking

Quote:
#21stcenturyproblems

Why does every single card need to be listed? Do you happen to have two of the same card? Is the card that's missing already on site being sold by other people?
Because I think it has a better chance of selling if its listed on Ebay as well as the regular site. That is the point of cross listing the card, right? To try and sell it on one of the other platforms, Ebay or Amazon.

I was more curious as to WHY the other 102 were listed on Ebay and the one is not.

I thought thats what this thread was for, to talk about and ask questions about COMC.

And no to both your questions above.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:13 PM   #1744
mjohnatgt

Try repricing it, or marking it Not for Sale and then giving it a new price.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:47 PM   #1745
cking

Quote:
OK, thanks I will try that
Old 06-11-2017, 07:22 AM   #1746
Branesergen

I've also had the early trickle. About 75 cards have popped over the last 4 days of a 300 card submission that's due the 15th.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #1747
mjohnatgt

2013 Bowman Prospects Purple Ice #BP70 Casey Stevenson New York Yankees Card | eBay

Noticed an improvement on COMC's eBay listings! The serial numbers are now part of the listing, next to the price. So if someone searches /10 or /25, etc, the cards now come up.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #1748
jjj5278

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Took pity...lol...snagged that Urlacher jersey off of you
Lol, thanks! I had just lowered the price on that one too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbogan99 View Post
You've got a few I'd be interested in trading for if you see anything of mine that interests you...
I'll check your port and send you a message. I sold quite a few after posting. Haha
jjj5278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #1749
cking

Quote:
No dice. I bought a few more last night. Of the 6 cards I bought last night 3 are cross listed the other 3 are not

Does anyone know how the system works?

Why some are listed and others are not?
Old 06-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #1750
mjohnatgt

It's still in Beta and there's some sort of algorithm. They try to keep about 5 million cards for sale at any given time so their shipping department isn't overloaded, from what I can tell.