Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 10-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Gbulldogs1010

Default Beware of brendenw

Scammed me of an Austin meadows auto

Member and I decided to send each other trade packages. Neither of us were pleased so we decided to return each others. Mine made it back safely to him. He sent me all my base cards back but it was missing the Austin meadows auto (main part of the deal) said he sent it separately . Never recieved and won't respond to texts, emails or pms. Member is a scammer beware

Also he makes alot of excuses and threats. He threatened to neg me and make a rant video of me on YouTube for absolutely no reason.

He hasn't been active since the 17th on here and a long time on the tube. I think he is pretty much gone. If any of u made deals beware
Gbulldogs1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
wheeler281

Banned on several sites.. Pretty sure if you searched his blowout id here it would have come up in this section a few times

Just forward all correspondence to a mod

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
BUYING HIGH END STEELERS & RICKEY HENDERSON
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
tonedef2oo8

RANT VID @ Scammer Thief brendenW / Beetis36 ! ! ! - YouTube
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
xbignick

Just googling his name brings up tons of stuff about his past.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
Gbulldogs1010

How did he have 100% positive feedback then?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Gbulldogs1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Banned on several sites.. Pretty sure if you searched his blowout id here it would have come up in this section a few times

Just forward all correspondence to a mod
I did it on text. Cause the packages were kinda like care/trade packages but then he ended up scamming me. Mods can we get him banned?
Old 10-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Divino

He is also a known shill bidder, and has been called out before.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/m...y-sellers.html
Old 10-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Gbulldogs1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
He is also a known shill bidder, and has been called out before.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/m...y-sellers.html
How is he still on this site? I am gonna talk to the mods
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
Clarka3

looks like this is a case of rushing into a trade without doing your due diligence.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
BGT Masters

When someone has 70 positive feedback and no negatives on a trade site you tend to trust them. I looked and the guy has at least two accounts on Sports Card Forum alone both are MSF and neither is banned. How does that work?

brendanw and sportscardfreak5
BGT Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
When someone has 70 positive feedback and no negatives on a trade site you tend to trust them. I looked and the guy has at least two accounts on Sports Card Forum alone both are MSF and neither is banned. How does that work?

Heres a trick. When dealing with ANYONE google search their email account and then their id's with the following I tend to do all. Scam,scammer, fake, bad trader and finally banned. You will be surprised what you find.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
dthimesch

Quote:

because it always seems like when someone gets called out and inevitably gets banned. People are still afraid to leave the guy a negative. I don't get it either.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
obadger

No negs here because most are chickenshat to leave them. And I agree, all these threads on scumbags and liars here and still.................no one has the nads to leave a negative, smh. Good Luck to all involved
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
BGT Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Heres a trick. When dealing with ANYONE google search their email account and then their id's with the following I tend to do all. Scam,scammer, fake, bad trader and finally banned. You will be surprised what you find.
I realize this, but I guess when someone has tons of nothing but positive feedback you'd think it would be alright to trade with them. My post was more on the confusion how a site (not this one) can allow a member had two seperate accounts both have must send first tags and neither is banned or locked. Just seemed off when I saw it. A bigger problem here is people never left correct feedback.

Out of any site it seems like this is the best site to leave correct feedback because retaliatory feedback thats unwarranted seems to be removed, at least in my experience. Unfortunately as well not all thieves are as stupid as others and hide their past better than others so it wouldn't always work. The best thing to do if someone rips you off let them know you're serious. Get in touch with their local authorities/and yours, you'd be surprised what a call from the cops will do. You might feel stupid for doing it, but stealing is stealing. At worst they're will be a record of it with authorities. Also if other people were taken by the same person get in touch with them and get a list of who was taken advantage of and for what. The more things stolen the more serious and the more effect the police will take it.
BGT Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
Gbulldogs1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
No negs here because most are chickenshat to leave them. And I agree, all these threads on scumbags and liars here and still.................no one has the nads to leave a negative, smh. Good Luck to all involved
I negged him and personally pmed the mods asking to ban him, neither mod responded at all
Old 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #16
Gbulldogs1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
looks like this is a case of rushing into a trade without doing your due diligence.
Not really. Feedback tells a lot . Maybe I didn't do enough researching and I will learn from that.
Quote:

Because scf sucks and doesn't take care of anything
Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
Gbulldogs1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
because it always seems like when someone gets called out and inevitably gets banned. People are still afraid to leave the guy a negative. I don't get it either.
Yeah it is annoying. I wonder if he is long gone or will show up again
Old 10-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
Clarka3

wasn't coming down on you personally OP (despite how i may feel about you). I just think people need to do their due diligence when dealing with others on here.

There are a select few that I would deal with immediately and trust that they aren't taking me for a ride, but if it's somebody I don't know or haven't dealt with before, I scrutinize their feedback and sometimes contact people they've dealt with (through their itrader) and ask about the transaction.

googling helps too.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
Gbulldogs1010

Quote:
wasn't coming down on you personally OP (despite how i may feel about you). I just think people need to do their due diligence when dealing with others on here.

There are a select few that I would deal with immediately and trust that they aren't taking me for a ride, but if it's somebody I don't know or haven't dealt with before, I scrutinize their feedback and sometimes contact people they've dealt with (through their itrader) and ask about the transaction.

googling helps too.
Alright thanks. I am gonna send u a pm .
Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbulldogs1010 View Post
I negged him and personally pmed the mods asking to ban him, neither mod responded at all
I'm very glad you have the time to make a thread, but wont spend the additional 2 seconds to give either mod a link to it, we have to go searching for that ourselves.

But I also want to thank you for giving at least myself less than 24 hours to respond before posting this. Pretty much most know if you send me a PM and it needs a response you will get one. Sorry its not as timely as you want, but those that know me outside of here, know I was on a my yearly hunting trip and this year had pretty much no cell coverage for the past 4 days which is why just now your getting your response.

This issue is being dealt with.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
jbrandonw

i just glanced at this and thought I saw my name. crazy how similar they are.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #22
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbulldogs1010 View Post
Alright thanks. I am gonna send u a pm .
i can't receive pm's from people on my ignore list.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
i can't receive pm's from people on my ignore list.
Ray27Ray52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #24
Verufian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Good Lord, Desmond Mason??

About 12 years ago, I worked at CompUSA as a Sales Manager, and we always had sports stars come in to buy stuff. I remember David Robinson coming in, every Sonic, Seahawk and Mariner during that time.

Once, Desmond Mason bought a computer from me, and like 2 months later he was having issues. He brought it in and we worked on it.

There was a folder on his desktop of pictures of his wife/girlfriend.

Imagine her 10 years younger, with a lot less clothes.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #25
Gbulldogs1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I'm very glad you have the time to make a thread, but wont spend the additional 2 seconds to give either mod a link to it, we have to go searching for that ourselves.

But I also want to thank you for giving at least myself less than 24 hours to respond before posting this. Pretty much most know if you send me a PM and it needs a response you will get one. Sorry its not as timely as you want, but those that know me outside of here, know I was on a my yearly hunting trip and this year had pretty much no cell coverage for the past 4 days which is why just now your getting your response.

This issue is being dealt with.
Responded and explained in further detail. Sorry for the confusion of no link .Thanks for helping me on this. And sorry I didn't wait u do have alot of people also to deal with I am sure. Thanks