#HeritageNoob
griffan15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #2678
cam86

So there all that way or a select few?
cam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #2679
MotorboatJones

That card back is part of a puzzle piece. That particular piece of the puzzle has a large portion of Mike Trout's pants. All of that card number are all the same.
MotorboatJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #2680
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhenry4 View Post
#EpicFail
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan15 View Post
#HeritageNoob
...and this.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #2681
texmcpherson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
This...

...and this.
You guys are savage.

You never know anything with Heritage. One of the releases that has cards overlooked the most
Old 03-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #2682
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
You guys are savage.

You never know anything with Heritage. One of the releases that has cards overlooked the most
I would agree if it was day one of the release but the amount of information and websites where you can easily find information makes this post a serious fail.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:36 AM   #2683
Natitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
Target exclusive 19.99 if you find any coupon or those topps coupon and get to 16.99

Blasters is way to go.. i opened 5 .. i got 5 rc games.. 1 yellow back and 1 gray back...

friend opened a few got purple hot box mini kershaw to 100 and old timer common auto..

There not great but value is not bad ..

im sure its coming to an end.. but high number sps you could throw up 5-6-7 of them from few blasers and get 15-18 bucks easy
Those RC game cards and SPs got me a 50% back on the 2 blasters I bought. Not bad at all.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:53 AM   #2684
chilly55

I love know it alls. See, part of the reason for a forum is to get advice from everyone with knowledge. Why go out and search the web (we know all info on the web is factual, lol) when we have very knowledgeable people right here on the boards. What seems simple to one person may confuse or not make sense to someone else.

I love the "noobs" who ask these questions because those of us with knowledge can give them a correct answer. And with it, they become more knowledgeable themselves and can help someone else.

You guys do realize some people on the forums here are young or newer collectors. Why bash them? We want to help them so they grow in the hobby and may get others in to this hobby that needs growth. So bashing questions like this may only drive away a younger generation of collectors that this hobby badly needs.

Ask away "noobs".

Bill
chilly55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #2685
Mister2Bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly55 View Post
I love know it alls. See, part of the reason for a forum is to get advice from everyone with knowledge. Why go out and search the web (we know all info on the web is factual, lol) when we have very knowledgeable people right here on the boards. What seems simple to one person may confuse or not make sense to someone else.

I love the "noobs" who ask these questions because those of us with knowledge can give them a correct answer. And with it, they become more knowledgeable themselves and can help someone else.

You guys do realize some people on the forums here are young or newer collectors. Why bash them? We want to help them so they grow in the hobby and may get others in to this hobby that needs growth. So bashing questions like this may only drive away a younger generation of collectors that this hobby badly needs.

Ask away "noobs".

Bill
Sounds more like a little playful banter. This isn't that serious of a situation.
Mister2Bits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #2686
dodgerfanjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam86 View Post
So there all that way or a select few?
Hi cam, all the all star cards have puzzle piece backs. Some make mike trout, some make kris Bryant.

This is the same as the 1968 topps set this years heritage is patterned after, where the backs featured Yaz and Orlando Cepeda.
dodgerfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:13 AM   #2687
bounty37h

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
You guys are savage.

That's the reason I don't collect Heritage. I love the design of the cards, but I don't want to have to research each card to see what I have. I know many love that challenge and what makes it their favorite, its just not for everyone.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #2688
BlowoutBuzz

Did somebody request the basic info again?

A few new images in gallery along with full list of SPs/codes/etc. here >> BlowoutBuzz.com #collect

BlowoutBuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #2689
okumeister

Hey guys, just letting you all know that there are some listings on eBay indicating "flip stock" while they really don't seem to be after close look at the pics.
I bid accidently on one of them yesterday (retracted already), and asked the seller if it was really a flip stock.
The seller said yes they are flip stock, but then later the items were taken down.
So, I don't have definite proof of those cards not being flip stock, but seeing that they were taken down, I suppose they actually weren't.
Whether the initial listing to indicate "flip stock" was intentional scam or not, I don't know. It can just be a simple mistake at the seller's end.

I think this will happen a lot with the Gray Backs and Yellow Backs as well.
Some images are obvious that the cards are Gray Backs, but some can be very hard to tell, especially the yellow backs...

If you are a buyer, just be careful on bidding or hitting the BIN, so you don't make the mistake like I did...
okumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #2690
PensFan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post
Hey guys, just letting you all know that there are some listings on eBay indicating "flip stock" while they really don't seem to be after close look at the pics.
I bid accidently on one of them yesterday (retracted already), and asked the seller if it was really a flip stock.
The seller said yes they are flip stock, but then later the items were taken down.
So, I don't have definite proof of those cards not being flip stock, but seeing that they were taken down, I suppose they actually weren't.
Whether the initial listing to indicate "flip stock" was intentional scam or not, I don't know. It can just be a simple mistake at the seller's end.

I think this will happen a lot with the Gray Backs and Yellow Backs as well.
Some images are obvious that the cards are Gray Backs, but some can be very hard to tell, especially the yellow backs...

If you are a buyer, just be careful on bidding or hitting the BIN, so you don't make the mistake like I did...
If I had to register a Heritage complaint this year, it would be the yellow backs. Grays can be picked out, but yellow on yellow on yellow is quite difficult. Red backs were so simple...why deviate?
PensFan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #2691
smanzari

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan29 View Post
If I had to register a Heritage complaint this year, it would be the yellow backs. Grays can be picked out, but yellow on yellow on yellow is quite difficult. Red backs were so simple...why deviate?
Grays replace Reds, pretty sure the Yellow Back is a variation/color attempt (like Bowman) just like the Blue Borders and Flip Stock. They really aren't hard to pick out when sorting.

smanzari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:34 AM   #2692
Bhenry4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister2Bits View Post
Sounds more like a little playful banter. This isn't that serious of a situation.
This.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #2693
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post
Not a big deal - just cancel the order or return for a full refund if that happens. Ebay would let you do that even if it WERE a flip stock, lol.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #2694
Natitude

My '17 Harper throwback is in! Looks good next to the 2014 version; will be even better when I send off to PSA! Mine has a tiny white dot printing imperfection, oh well I just want it slabbed for protection anyways but guessing PSA 9.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #2695
ThoseBackPages

LOOKS GOOD!!

PSA
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:17 AM   #2696
griffan15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhenry4 View Post
This.
Yes, this x1000. I made the #HeritageNoob post and I posted a question just a few pages back because I didn't know what I had and I've been opening Heritage for years. It's all in good fun.
griffan15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #2697
kyle1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natitude View Post
My '17 Harper throwback is in! Looks good next to the 2014 version; will be even better when I send off to PSA! Mine has a tiny white dot printing imperfection, oh well I just want it slabbed for protection anyways but guessing PSA 9.

There is my psa 10

Great pick up
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #2698
auctionjmm

Now that we are through the weekend, here are some of my own thoughts:

This will definitely contend with one of the best Heritage releases ever, in terms of BOTH value and content. I think Brent's earlier posts were misread or misunderstood by some. While I'm sure Brent can speak for himself, I know for a fact he is very happy with sales this year despite getting skunked on Throwbacks and hitting a huge run of cases that had no tradeds or errors. I hope Topps will help him on that.

The point that Brent and others have made is that some sellers were essentially undercutting themselves by listing their singles well below the average sell price. Then when the BIN gets hit and it shows in completed listings as a $5 sale when it should have been a $10 sale, some people panic and think they need to list at $5, or newer rippers see that and assume $5 is a fair price. HOWEVER, I've found this week that waiting those listings out is still paying off. Many auctions are outselling fixed price at 2-3x which suggests the buyers who normally bid on auctions are still willing to pay last year's prices. I've sold nothing below what I was comfortable with and I've had solid sales across the board. While some will lose money because they intentionally listed low, I do believe the majority of veteran Heritage breakers will see returns near a record high for this product. 2016 may still go down as best ever, but this year is tracking to be one of the better years.

In terms of my own break, I opened 14 cases and am tracking for not only my best Heritage ever, but my best case break ever. Even if you take out the top 3 hits this is going to easily surpass my best return ever. I am already close to even in one week and I still have over 1,000 singles, 5 master sets, a purple chrome set, action set, 600+ buybacks, box toppers, and many insert sets left.

I think too much was made of the Action and Color Swap price dips. While some members here were so focused on those two items, they completely ignored the crazy sales coming from other areas of the product. Base, SP, Inserts, and Chrome are all trading at record highs, and this is where the true value of the product is realized. I've never seen so many chrome cards selling for $10+ a full week after release. Base SPs are flying. Inserts are getting stronger as they dry up and folks are searching for sets.

Apparently others are picking up on this as well, as prices on DealerNet dipped this weekend but are again trending up. This will be 1K+ for wholesale sealed cases very soon and is never coming back down.

Topps definitely made some mistakes. These "dud" cases and packout errors need to be addressed. I heard of some large breaks that were awful due to these errors. The confusion regarding yellow backs / gray backs could have been avoided by simply changing the shades a bit. Could have gone darker on gray and lighter on yellow and these would be fine. Benintendi chrome cards would have put this over the top. Looking at the rest of the chrome rookie sales, I think a Benny dual would have been huge.

So while there is always room for improvement, this product gets a strong "A" from me.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #2699
ThoseBackPages

"Benintendi chrome cards would have put this over the top. Looking at the rest of the chrome rookie sales, I think a Benny dual would have been huge. "

BINGO!

Seeing that he only has 90 total non-auto (and the three different autos) base variations is going to be VERY interesting if he "makes it"

ETA: add in the fact that only the Blue looks significantly different, some of those other 40 (Grey,Bright Yellow & Flip) may just wind up in some kids closet! lol

PSA

Last edited by ThoseBackPages; 03-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #2700
pnft17

someone has neshek on eBay for $250 and it's not even the ssp versions ha.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote