Blowout Cards Forums
2018 mem day coupons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #2826
auctionjmm
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 5,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbluestreak23 View Post
PSA! PSA! PSA!

I think I've had bad luck buying Heritage this year. I've spent nearly $2K thus far and I've only received 3 packages. Lots of sellers are taking their sweet time sending out. Some $300+ cards that sellers are taking 5-6 days after payment before finally sending out. Sort of frustrating!
I'm just curious, do you check the handling times of sellers when you purchase? I have 3 day handling and advertise this, and yet I constantly get messages from buyers asking where their cards are. I work 2 jobs on top of breaking hundreds of cases so I figure setting my handling time at 3 days is necessary but I've found that many buyers don't pay attention. No knock on you, but just curious. For example, an order placed on Thursday doesn't need to ship until Tuesday based on a 3 day handling period. So while that may seem slow to some, it's still within the handling timeframe. I get just as frustrated with the "why haven't you shipped" e-mails lol.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:38 PM   #2827
brentandbecca
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
OMG that was NOT a knock on you! LOLOLOL
I know it wasn't I was picking on you
But maybe it does not read that way
__________________
Brent
Twitter: @brentandbecca
eBay: brentandbecca
My ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/brentandbecca?_rdc=1
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:39 PM   #2828
brentandbecca
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
OMG that was NOT a knock on you! LOLOLOL
I know it wasn't I was picking on you
But maybe it does not read that way


Sidebar.....
On the issue of shipping though, NOT directed to you at all, I do think as buyers we have to be patient, eBay sellers are not amazon prime, they have lives, kids, jobs
And there is so much to open/scan/list/sort/pack, etc, it can be daunting to say the least
__________________
Brent
Twitter: @brentandbecca
eBay: brentandbecca
My ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/brentandbecca?_rdc=1
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 PM   #2829
ThoseBackPages
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 22,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
I know it wasn't I was picking on you
But maybe it does not read that way
Yea, 'round here you never know! lol
__________________
clectors proclaim "the hobby is dead" & are FURIOUS AND LIVID!!!
Graded Rookie Card Collector

PSA
ThoseBackPages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 PM   #2830
ThoseBackPages
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 22,845
Default

"Sidebar.....
On the issue of shipping though, NOT directed to you at all, I do think as buyers we have to be patient, eBay sellers are not amazon prime, they have lives, kids, jobs
And there is so much to open/scan/list/sort/pack, etc, it can be daunting to say the least"

Absolutely!
__________________
clectors proclaim "the hobby is dead" & are FURIOUS AND LIVID!!!
Graded Rookie Card Collector

PSA
ThoseBackPages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:46 PM   #2831
vwnut13
Member
 
vwnut13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
I'm just curious, do you check the handling times of sellers when you purchase? I have 3 day handling and advertise this, and yet I constantly get messages from buyers asking where their cards are. I work 2 jobs on top of breaking hundreds of cases so I figure setting my handling time at 3 days is necessary but I've found that many buyers don't pay attention. No knock on you, but just curious. For example, an order placed on Thursday doesn't need to ship until Tuesday based on a 3 day handling period. So while that may seem slow to some, it's still within the handling timeframe. I get just as frustrated with the "why haven't you shipped" e-mails lol.
What's annoying is when a seller prints a label two days after you pay, then takes five days after that to bring it to the post office.

I bought a card on eBay 2/23, a label was created on 2/25, and it was accepted at the post office on 3/2.
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #2832
Bhenry4
Member
 
Bhenry4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charm City
Posts: 13,280
Default

Absolutely had to have one of these, and it's a beauty. Gonna look good with a gold label!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Life's greatest accomplishment...Blowout's Official Orioles "Face of the Franchise" after crushing the spirit of John Ryno
Bhenry4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #2833
ThoseBackPages
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 22,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhenry4 View Post
Absolutely had to have one of these, and it's a beauty. Gonna look good with a gold label!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BOOM!!!!!!!
__________________
clectors proclaim "the hobby is dead" & are FURIOUS AND LIVID!!!
Graded Rookie Card Collector

PSA
ThoseBackPages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:53 PM   #2834
brentandbecca
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,844
Default

I have 350 blue border cards....I only pulled 5 cards 401-500, I thought that was odd, then auctionjmm let me know he had more 401-500 than all the rest of them.
So once again the pack-out / collation process of this release strikes me again, haha
all the best names are in 401-500
so I guess all my errors/traded/throwbacks are sitting somewhere with the blues 401-500, meaning, in someone else's cases (maybe auctionjmm's, since he got 3 throwback in 14 cases, haha)

Very solid release for me as I hit big autos, but can't even imagine what normal, evenly packed-out collation on sp/ssp would have done.


by the way, of my 350 blue borders, over 140 were doubles/triples
__________________
Brent
Twitter: @brentandbecca
eBay: brentandbecca
My ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/brentandbecca?_rdc=1

Last edited by brentandbecca; 03-08-2017 at 11:59 PM.
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #2835
pnft17
Member
 
pnft17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,394
Default

Sweet Manny. your Manny heritage vault
Keeps getting bigger I bet.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #2836
ThoseBackPages
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 22,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
What's annoying is when a seller prints a label two days after you pay, then takes five days after that to bring it to the post office.

I bought a card on eBay 2/23, a label was created on 2/25, and it was accepted at the post office on 3/2.
OMG LEGIT!!! REALLY dislike this.
__________________
clectors proclaim "the hobby is dead" & are FURIOUS AND LIVID!!!
Graded Rookie Card Collector

PSA
ThoseBackPages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #2837
kyle121592
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,829
Default

I had several doubles as well for my blue borders in my 5 cases as well as doubles and triples of purple refs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
I have 350 blue border cards....I only pulled 5 cards 401-500, I thought that was odd, then auctionjmm let me know he had more 401-500 than all the rest of them.
So once again the pack-out / collation process of this release strikes me again, haha
all the best names are in 401-500
so I guess all my errors/traded/throwbacks are sitting somewhere with the blues 401-500, meaning, in someone else's cases (maybe auctionjmm's, since he got 3 throwback in 14 cases, haha)

Very solid release for me as I hit big autos, but can't even imagine what normal, evenly packed-out collation on sp/ssp would have done.


by the way, of my 350 blue borders, over 140 were doubles/triples
__________________
*I ship on Tuesdays and Fridays.*
*I accept payments via Venmo / Cash apps, and PayPal*
kyle121592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:07 AM   #2838
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post


by the way, of my 350 blue borders, over 140 were doubles/triples
Yep, I had the same blue border cards in a couple of my cases.
cj828282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:10 AM   #2839
Bhenry4
Member
 
Bhenry4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charm City
Posts: 13,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Sweet Manny. your Manny heritage vault
Keeps getting bigger I bet.
Yeah, have quite a bit of 2017 already and picked up a couple nicer old additions.
__________________
Life's greatest accomplishment...Blowout's Official Orioles "Face of the Franchise" after crushing the spirit of John Ryno
Bhenry4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:10 AM   #2840
okumeister
Member
 
okumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 4,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
What's annoying is when a seller prints a label two days after you pay, then takes five days after that to bring it to the post office.

I bought a card on eBay 2/23, a label was created on 2/25, and it was accepted at the post office on 3/2.
I bought a box of Heritage on eBay, and this is exactly what is happening.
The guys creates label on 2nd, I don't see it shipped even on 5th, sends him message on that day and 2 days later, then the guy finally ships out on 8th March.
Shipping format is also USPS media mail, so I probably won't get the box until next week.
I'm gonna leave my first ever negative feedback to a seller.
okumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:29 AM   #2841
vwnut13
Member
 
vwnut13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
OMG LEGIT!!! REALLY dislike this.
What's even worse is that it is a member from here.


I usually avoid the seller at all costs (and not because of the slow shipping), but it's hard for me to pass up 1/1s.
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:53 AM   #2842
mfw13
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post
I bought a box of Heritage on eBay, and this is exactly what is happening.
The guys creates label on 2nd, I don't see it shipped even on 5th, sends him message on that day and 2 days later, then the guy finally ships out on 8th March.
Shipping format is also USPS media mail, so I probably won't get the box until next week.
I'm gonna leave my first ever negative feedback to a seller.
If you receive the box as described it would be very bad form to leave negative feedback. Ding the seller's rating for speed of shipping, but if you leave a negative feedback simply for slow shipping you are going to find yourself on a lot of sellers' blocked lists very quickly.
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:55 AM   #2843
mfw13
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
What's annoying is when a seller prints a label two days after you pay, then takes five days after that to bring it to the post office.

I bought a card on eBay 2/23, a label was created on 2/25, and it was accepted at the post office on 3/2.
Not everyone lives near a post office.

Rural sellers may live 20-30 miles from the nearest post office and only make a trip there once a week.

Relax and cut people a little slack....
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:53 AM   #2844
quackhead
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 2,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
Not everyone lives near a post office.

Rural sellers may live 20-30 miles from the nearest post office and only make a trip there once a week.

Relax and cut people a little slack....
Is the postman not allowed to take packages in these rural areas?
quackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:13 AM   #2845
brentandbecca
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
Is the postman not allowed to take packages in these rural areas?
I get what you are saying but that makes a lot of assumptions
My mail-person won't pick up my mail, but that's a different story

Not everyone prints from home...the majority of packages I receive are not print from home labels
Some places that have community mail boxes also don't always have a drop off location
Also, not too many have large enough mailboxes to stuff it full of outgoing mail
Could be a variety of things
Sure many don't have issues, but some do
__________________
Brent
Twitter: @brentandbecca
eBay: brentandbecca
My ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/brentandbecca?_rdc=1
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #2846
pat10021839
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,658
Default

At current prices are cases even worth buying? I am looking for something to open with my boys so we can build the sets. I know that it may not be enough to build the 1-500 set but I do not want to just buy the sets without showing them the process of sorting all of the cards.
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bears, Bulls, and White Sox
http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/pat10021839/library/
pat10021839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #2847
hairysasquatch
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 9,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
At current prices are cases even worth buying? I am looking for something to open with my boys so we can build the sets. I know that it may not be enough to build the 1-500 set but I do not want to just buy the sets without showing them the process of sorting all of the cards.
A case would get you most of the way to a 1-500 set but I'd pick a less expensive product at this point. Opening Day? Series 1?
__________________
Poopnini. Proving that one man's garbage is another man's good un-garbage.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #2848
YankeeRic
Member
 
YankeeRic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Jupiter Island
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
At current prices are cases even worth buying? I am looking for something to open with my boys so we can build the sets. I know that it may not be enough to build the 1-500 set but I do not want to just buy the sets without showing them the process of sorting all of the cards.
Opening Day would be a much better product to do this with. You don't need a case either. 3-4 hobby boxes should get you a master set and they are much cheaper than Heritage!
__________________
-- YR
My Wanted Thread: http://bit.ly/2coD4cO
YankeeRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #2849
Natitude
Member
 
Natitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 1,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhenry4 View Post
Absolutely had to have one of these, and it's a beauty. Gonna look good with a gold label!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the picture selection Topps chose for this one!!!
__________________
PC: Washington Nationals Collector
Natitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #2850
mfw13
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
At current prices are cases even worth buying? I am looking for something to open with my boys so we can build the sets. I know that it may not be enough to build the 1-500 set but I do not want to just buy the sets without showing them the process of sorting all of the cards.
Buy last year's Heritage.....boxes are fairly cheap, and IMHO the 1967 design is even better than the 1968 design.
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.