2018 Big Baller

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-26-2017, 11:00 PM   #26
gradedeflator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraceno21 View Post
Does anybody know if there a way to watch all baseball games through the use of an Android TV box with Kodi?
Yes I have heard this is. My friend does it. There is no iPhone workaround though. Sorry I don't know HOW to do it.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:46 PM   #27
Archos504

could you please clear your private message box? i can't send you a message because it's says you are full. thanks.
Archos504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:02 AM   #28
lkk116

Send a message via AIM to lkk116

Switch to T-Mobile cell service and you get MLB.tv free, they give it free to all subscribers every year

aim: tigereye2525
lkk116 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:21 AM   #29
kdailey4315

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkk116 View Post
Switch to T-Mobile cell service and you get MLB.tv free, they give it free to all subscribers every year
I'd rather pay a yearly fee of $110 for baseball than deal with T-Mobile service.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:56 AM   #30
dropshot808

I have it. Love it. It is especially good if you live in a city that isn't the city of your favorite team.
Twitter: @BigTenAloha
dropshot808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #31
Sportscards12
Banned - PBM

Most games are on when I work. Can you listen/watch to all games including the spring training games? I have 2 iphones (personal/work) Can I watch on both phones? Also I think someone said there is a APP for your iphone? This would be awesome because I could listen/watch to all the games at work

Last edited by Sportscards12; 02-27-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Sportscards12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #32
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Pretty unfortunate for those of us that live nearby our teams and MLLB.tv blacks out all the games you'd be interested in watching. I would love to be able to watch Twins games as they're never on where I go to college (Iowa), but all Twins games are blacked out here
Iowa is rough for MLBTv, I think there are about 5 teams that claim the state right?

Edit: I just looked it up, Iowa and Southern Nevada have the most blacked out teams, Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals for Iowa and Athletics, Giants, Angels, Dodgers, Padres, Diamondbacks for Southern Nevada. I thought I had it bad living in NC and having the Nats and the O's blacked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickAlex View Post
How many people can watch MLB.TV at once?
My daughter and a couple of friends use my account and one even used it when he was overseas. I have never had any problems with others using my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscards12 View Post
Most games are on when I work. Can you listen/watch to all games including the spring training games? I have 2 iphones (personal/work) Can I watch on both phones? Also I think someone said there is a APP for your iphone? This would be awesome because I could listen/watch to all the games at work
All ST games or either broadcasted live or you can get the teams radio feed. You can watch on both phones, sometimes I have my iPhone, iMac and iPad going on if I don't want to do the dual or quad broadcast. Just search for the MLB app and you can download it to your phone. This year they will be televising all the World Baseball Classic games too.

Last edited by TarjetasBéisbol; 02-27-2017 at 08:23 AM.
TarjetasBéisbol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #33
Sportscards12
Banned - PBM

It appears that the Mlb.com at bat app is free with the subscription. How do you ensure they don't charge you the 19.99 on the iphone app?
Old 02-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #34
trixstar

if you end up not buying it just check out www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams Someone almost always posts streams of every game.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #35
YankeeRic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscards12 View Post
It appears that the Mlb.com at bat app is free with the subscription. How do you ensure they don't charge you the 19.99 on the iphone app?
You just sign in with your MLB account once you download the app. They can't charge you unless you activate the subscription in-app, which you clearly won't need to do if you already subscribe to mlb.tv

I watch almost all of the Yankee games on my iPad with At-Bat.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #36
delangley1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdailey4315 View Post
PM Sent
May I also have the kodie question answered?
delangley1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:15 PM   #37
Sportscards12
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRic View Post
You just sign in with your MLB account once you download the app. They can't charge you unless you activate the subscription in-app, which you clearly won't need to do if you already subscribe to mlb.tv

I watch almost all of the Yankee games on my iPad with At-Bat.
Thanks I was able to sign in with my mlb.com acct. This is sweet the mlb.tv
Old 02-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #38
txrngr34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Iowa is rough for MLBTv, I think there are about 5 teams that claim the state right?

Edit: I just looked it up, Iowa and Southern Nevada have the most blacked out teams, Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals for Iowa and Athletics, Giants, Angels, Dodgers, Padres, Diamondbacks for Southern Nevada. I thought I had it bad living in NC and having the Nats and the O's blacked out.

My daughter and a couple of friends use my account and one even used it when he was overseas. I have never had any problems with others using my account.

All ST games or either broadcasted live or you can get the teams radio feed. You can watch on both phones, sometimes I have my iPhone, iMac and iPad going on if I don't want to do the dual or quad broadcast. Just search for the MLB app and you can download it to your phone. This year they will be televising all the World Baseball Classic games too.
I will no longer complain about the Astros and Rangers both being blacked out from Houston.

But as long as I get my Cubs, it's all good.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #39
crossada

I live in Iowa and live games are indeed rough for me but roughly 45 minutes after the game I can watch it commercial free. You don't realize how much time can be saved passing commercials!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #40
Pearce77

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossada View Post
I live in Iowa and live games are indeed rough for me but roughly 45 minutes after the game I can watch it commercial free. You don't realize how much time can be saved passing commercials!
Iowa here too and with the five team black out it doesn't make sense especially with the Brewers being my team.

How late do you stay up at night to wait 45 minutes and then watch 2 hours of game?
Pearce77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #41
dbackschamp2001

I usually wait until late in the season when it gets really cheap. Last year I almost did the whole season for just the diamondbacks, but like half of April's games were blacked out anyway, so I just waited.
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #42
Hollywood42

What is the logic for blacking out local/regional games anyways? I'm not sure I understand it. You would think most people would be most interested in watching the team located near them, generally speaking. Doesn't that seem like MLB is blocking a large consumer base and missing out on a significant source of money?
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:10 PM   #43
stormshadow815

Get a vpn and you can watch any team.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #44
YankeeRic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
What is the logic for blacking out local/regional games anyways? I'm not sure I understand it.
Teams have contracts with local broadcast networks to carry their games. Those networks sell advertising based on the potential audience of the game. If it were available to stream locally, that would cut into the potential audience significantly, thereby reducing the amount that advertisers pay and subsequently the amount of revenue that the team generates from these broadcast contracts.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #45
Hollywood42

I get that, but I'd think that you wouldn't be watching on MLB.TV if you got the local broadcast. I dunno, it all kinda makes sense but kinda doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRic View Post
Teams have contracts with local broadcast networks to carry their games. Those networks sell advertising based on the potential audience of the game. If it were available to stream locally, that would cut into the potential audience significantly, thereby reducing the amount that advertisers pay and subsequently the amount of revenue that the team generates from these broadcast contracts.
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #46
Dbacksbaseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Southern PA is real rough too. Phillies, O's, Nats, Pirates.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #47
crossada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearce77 View Post
Iowa here too and with the five team black out it doesn't make sense especially with the Brewers being my team.

How late do you stay up at night to wait 45 minutes and then watch 2 hours of game?
I usally hit the blackout games the next day unless I don't have to go to work the next day. I'm a Braves fan so I don't have that inconvenience often.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #48
justbored

Looking to throw down some money to money to split on someone's account. Ready to pay now. PM with how much you want. Thanks!
justbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #49
Mizzourah

Use a VPN and have yourself a ball. Works like a charm
Mizzourah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #50
Natitude

Visit slickdeals forums as forum members on there are selling their T-Mobile MLB.tv subscription code for $5 Amazon giftcards.

Also, there are ways to get around the blackout. I'm blacked out of the Nats since I live near DC but watched the game from the comfort of my couch using a dns workaround that was extremely easy to set-up and well worth the price.