Blowout Cards Forums
powerful coupons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #3076
Svetlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanscardz View Post
FWIW called COMC today and they said $5 ship credit is not gone, just a glitch that the coders have to fix.
Not sure if it was mentioned on the forum but the exact same thing happened this time last year as well. I got the same answer back then so you´d have to guess it´s related to the years´ change as it only seems to happen in January.
Svetlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #3077
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlov View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned on the forum but the exact same thing happened this time last year as well. I got the same answer back then so you´d have to guess it´s related to the years´ change as it only seems to happen in January.
It happens nearly every month, and it's been happening for years...it's not some "new issue", either. They know it happens and they're just waiting for people to stop noticing before they eliminate it, altogether...
Old 01-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #3078
pfb11

Quote:
I have watched both of them moving up at the same time (many times) while refreshing a challenges page that supposedly had nothing open.
Couldn't sleep earlier this week and noticed this exact thing happening. It was shortly after midnight PT so it was super easy to tell that only one guy was doing them.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #3079
tyrodsports

When did CoMC start listing sellers under the “purchased from?” This was a function that has been heavily requested by users and I just noticed it.

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #3080
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
When did CoMC start listing sellers under the “purchased from?” This was a function that has been heavily requested by users and I just noticed it.
What do you mean exactly?
Old 01-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #3081
3124508 on COMC

Quote:
On the Black Friday update
3124508 on COMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #3082
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
What do you mean exactly?
Look under your purchases and you will see the seller on the right. People have been asking for this for a while. The below reply said it was launched as part of the BF update.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #3083
swerve

Started looking at my old sales from 2011:

2011 Topps Update Series - [Base] - Cognac Diamond Anniversary #US175
Mike Trout [edit] [share]
Item: 5641710
N/A $4.95

oops.............
Old 01-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #3084
notoriousrmb

So I gave COMC a chance, listed a bunch of cards, bought some cards, and now I want to send my new nuggets home! Then I see shipping costs...wow. I think this is going to turn me off from ever using COMC again. What I am requesting could easily fit in a Medium Flat Rate box, and yet they want to charge me over $100?

I guess COMC is more a place to dump your unwanted cards instead of making purchases, got a bad taste in my mouth this morning.
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #3085
Branesergen

If you buy in basic mode it won't be as high. Advanced mode drops the quarter from each card that gets charged for basically pulling and packing the cards. That $100 can either be factored into the card price (basic) or the shipping price (asvanced).
Old 01-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #3086
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
So I gave COMC a chance, listed a bunch of cards, bought some cards, and now I want to send my new nuggets home! Then I see shipping costs...wow. I think this is going to turn me off from ever using COMC again. What I am requesting could easily fit in a Medium Flat Rate box, and yet they want to charge me over $100?

I guess COMC is more a place to dump your unwanted cards instead of making purchases, got a bad taste in my mouth this morning.
If you purchased in advanced sellers mode, then Yep-you will pay out of the wazoo. I think it’s more than taking your box of cards and dropping them in a priority box, they will have to pull both the hard and soft inventory and then package them. It really does suck though.

You can always call and see if they will work with your shipping though. Good luck.

Last edited by tyrodsports; 01-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #3087
vtgmsc

Default Just another day.......

Just a typical COMC shipping day! SWEEEEEET!!!!!!! From my house in VT to WA to collectors around the globe! Awesome!

Peace, Mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2606.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1,005.6 KB
ID:	402023

Last edited by vtgmsc; 01-12-2018 at 04:20 PM.
vtgmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #3088
Swipe79

I always remind myself that when I buy individual cards, I generally pay $3-4 shipping per card on eBay...the COMC charge looks better after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post

Old 01-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #3089
cruiserdaddy7

Anyone submit comic books? If so, how did they do for you? Also, will they accept Walking Dead?

Any help or insight is appreciated.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #3090
Homerun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I always remind myself that when I buy individual cards, I generally pay $3-4 shipping per card on eBay...the COMC charge looks better after that.
I do free shipping on eBay for that very reason, although I was wondering if people that do $3 or so for unlimited cards do better.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #3091
mjohnatgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Anyone submit comic books? If so, how did they do for you? Also, will they accept Walking Dead?

Any help or insight is appreciated.
They will NOT accept Walking Dead. Do not send those in because they're not considered family friendly.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #3092
Swipe79

Even on free shipping items, I figure I am paying $3-4 for shipping. I just look at the overall price when I bid on things. I was referencing the idea in regards to looking at the shipping cost on COMC when you hit that ship button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
I do free shipping on eBay for that very reason, although I was wondering if people that do $3 or so for unlimited cards do better.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #3093
kjetilfan

Is it worthwhile to spend the $2 for a COMC review of a card before deciding to send it off for Grading or not?

I have never had anything graded before and am really not sure how it would grade out.
kjetilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #3094
JustMoe

Quote:
If you purchased in advanced sellers mode, then Yep-you will pay out of the wazoo. I think it’s more than taking your box of cards and dropping them in a priority box, they will have to pull both the hard and soft inventory and then package them. It really does suck though.

You can always call and see if they will work with your shipping though. Good luck.
I second this...call and keep calling until you find someone who'll work with you on negotiating a "bulk deal" - when I was there, we would do this on a regular basis for people shipping out large amounts of cards at once.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #3095
mjohnatgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilfan View Post
Is it worthwhile to spend the $2 for a COMC review of a card before deciding to send it off for Grading or not?

I have never had anything graded before and am really not sure how it would grade out.
Yes, that's a good start. I'd rather spend $2 to find something's not in gradable condition than spend $8-20.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #3096
kjetilfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb11 View Post
Couldn't sleep earlier this week and noticed this exact thing happening. It was shortly after midnight PT so it was super easy to tell that only one guy was doing them.
Having a lazy afternoon, so did a test of constantly refreshing for 15 minutes. All challenges 100%, but itrocdaj has went up 500 points so far in that time alone
Old 01-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #3097
kjetilfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Yes, that's a good start. I'd rather spend $2 to find something's not in gradable condition than spend $8-20.
Cheers. Thanks for that.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:27 AM   #3098
ih8ca

The guy who does handles the Comc review service is solid I would trust him to screen cards.
ih8ca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:19 AM   #3099
kjetilfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ca View Post
The guy who does handles the Comc review service is solid I would trust him to screen cards.
Thanks also

Last edited by kjetilfan; 01-13-2018 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:08 AM   #3100
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilfan View Post
Having a lazy afternoon, so did a test of constantly refreshing for 15 minutes. All challenges 100%, but itrocdaj has went up 500 points so far in that time alone
Thats nothing. I had 45 minutes to kill at work the other day and literally refreshed every minute on the minute.

Would not give me one challenge but those same multiple people went up and up during that 45 minute span.

They could not have even finished one challenge in the time frame I was refreshing in and one of them went up 1,000 points from the moment I started refreshing to the time I stopped. So they did 10 challenges during the entire time I was refreshing. Its just strange.

It dont really matter to me either way, I just use the credit earned to fill in cheap cards for sets I am building.

They should give everyone a fair chance though. They are finding a way to lock into the system somehow when they start doing them. I dont know how, but they are.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote