Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - ALL OTHER SPORTS

Notices

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - ALL OTHER SPORTS Golf, Racing, Wresting, UFC, Tennis, Multi-sport,etc...Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
blowoutcards2
Administrator

Default 2011 Sportkings Ringside Boxing Round 2: Standing Eight Count

We have listed the product information below. Please post any BOX Breaks, YOUTUBE Videos, or comments related to this product. Our goal is to compile all of the information for this product on this THREAD so that members can come to one place to view all of the Breaks and Information.

Please click the links below to purchase this product by the Box or Case

16 Box CASE

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5880

8 Box CASE
http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5881

BOX

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5882

2011 Sportkings Ringside Boxing Round 2: Standing Eight Count

Configuration: 16 boxes per master case*. 1 pack per box. 8 cards per pack.
*Each master case contains Two 8-box inner cases.

Ringside Boxing Round 2

Every Box of Ringside Round 2 is guaranteed to contain:
- Three Base Cards
- Three Turkey Reds
- One Autograph Card
- One Memorabilia card or Ringside Seat Card

Every 8 Box case will contain a special Muhammad Ali CASE TOPPER hand numbered and limited to 10

The 100 card base card set is made up of 5 subsets and includes a gold parallel /9 and a 1/1 Onyx version. There will be a base version of the Mecca Turkey Red Insert along with a limited parallels gold limited to 9 & Onyx 1/1. All Autograph cards are hard signed and available in both silver and gold versions. There will be a silver and gold 1/1 versions of many of the insert sets including Single, Double, Triple & Quad Memorabilia, Decades, For Your Country, Hometown Hero, King Size Memorabilia and many more including cut signatures, Ringside Seat authentic fight tickets and stubs and 1/1 Ringside Boxing Logo Cards.

Ringside Boxing Round 2 Standing Eight Count Product Highlights:
· 16 box Master Case made up with 2 x 8 box inner cases
· 8 cards per box with each box guaranteed to contain:
§ Three Base Cards
§ Three Turkey Reds
§ One Autograph Card
§ One Fight Worn Memorabilia card or Ringside Seat Card
· A Muhammad Ali CASE TOPPER in each 8 box case hand numbered and limited to 10

The 100 card base card set is made up of 5 subsets and includes a gold parallel /9 and a 1/1 Onyx version. There will be a base version of the Mecca Turkey Red Insert along with a limited parallels gold limited to 9 & Onyx 1/1. All Autograph cards are hard signed and available in both silver and gold versions. There will be a silver and gold 1/1 versions of many of the insert sets including Single, Double, Triple & Quad Memorabilia, Decades, For Your Country, Hometown Hero, King Size Memorabilia and many more including cut signatures, Ringside Seat authentic fight tickets and stubs and 1/1 Ringside Boxing Logo Cards.

Checklists have been posted here:
Product Info - http://creativecardboardconcepts.com...boxing-round-2
Hard Signed Autographs - http://creativecardboardconcepts.com...card-checklist
Memorabilia - http://creativecardboardconcepts.com...ilia-checklist
Turkey Reds - http://creativecardboardconcepts.com...sert-checklist
Base Cards - http://creativecardboardconcepts.com...card-checklist

A message from ITG:

We will have checklists available shortly here is just a sample of some of the boxers that will appear in the basecards, autographs and/or fight worn memorabilia, this is in addition to any information in the initial solicitation I sent:

Evander Holyfield
Leon Spinks
Sir Henry Cooper
Roberto Duran
Shane Mosley
George Chuvalo
Ricky Hatton
Ken Norton

The Ali case topper will be hand numbered and limited to 10, it will either be a base card or fight worn memorabilia card.

Last edited by blowoutcards2; 07-19-2011 at 09:35 AM.
blowoutcards2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
guru

Yikes!!! They cut it back to 1 autograph this year instead of 2
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
pittgrad0214

i am not impressed with the autograph checklist
pittgrad0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #4
cruiserdaddy7

I certainly hope they dropped the price on this stuff. The product got knocked out in the first round when they did the first series. Its still a good 30% below cost, and this checklist and box breakdown appears worse. Im passing on this one.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Tai

Not a comment on any of the posts above mine as we are all entitled to our own opinions but this auto list is freaking amazing if you follow boxing at all
Adamek, Tomasz: Former L-Heavy Champ, Former Cruiser Champ. Fighting for heavyweight title this fall. Polish icon: His fans will eat this stuff up.
Barrera, Marco Antonio: One of the greatest Mexican fighters to lace them up. Went to war with a prime Erik Morales.
Basilio, Carmen: One of the toughest men to ever lace up. Former champ when holding a belt meant something. Fought Sugar Ray Robinson numerous times.
Calzaghe, Joe & Hatton, Ricky: The best of the modern British fighters who are both now retired. Both multi-weight champs.
Duran, Roberto: Arguably the greatest lightweight ever. Also a multi-weight champion and nemesis of Leonard.
Holyfield, Evander: An All-time great at heavyweight. At least top 15.
Other new names like Toney, Tarver, Glen Johnson, Winky Wright, Ken Norton, Shane Mosley, Gene Fullmer, and Henry Cooper are names worth the wait. There are some names that don't do much for me like Camacho Jr., Yuri Foreman, Manfredo Jr., and Malignaggi but the list is littered with great names with 99% not being rehashed.

There is not much to be said about the base set or the turkey red since we have seen them before and the names are for the most part new.
For Memorabilia: Interested in the "Complete Logo" subset which I'm guessing might be the full trunk logo. I like that the "Waistland" subset has no rehashed fighters except Ali who I'm sure no one has a problem pulling.
Overall: I hope with the reconfiguration the price is adjusted as well but we will see. I think if you have a reasonable appreciation for the sport of boxing this set can fulfill your need for a dedicated boxing set as the majority of the autos should be desirable to a fan of boxing and this is the most important factor(appealing to the fans). I don't think this will be a great rip and flip product because Sportkings is not cheap since they don't cut too many corners and the price reflects this but collectors will buy this
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
mwheeler27

Just another outstanding product "for the collector".
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Tai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Agreed. If you want to make a quick buck this is probably not the product for you. If you are interested in collecting then this set is for you. There are no absurd parallels(just /9 Gold) and actually finishing the set is a challenge. A side note: I am passively collecting the Gold Turkey Red set from Round 1 and it is not an easy task at all but I'm sure if I ever finish the set it will be rewarding.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
pittgrad0214

[QUOTE=Tai;1445460]Not a comment on any of the posts above mine as we are all entitled to our own opinions but this auto list is freaking amazing if you follow boxing at all
Adamek, Tomasz: Former L-Heavy Champ, Former Cruiser Champ. Fighting for heavyweight title this fall. Polish icon: His fans will eat this stuff up.
Barrera, Marco Antonio: One of the greatest Mexican fighters to lace them up. Went to war with a prime Erik Morales.
Basilio, Carmen: One of the toughest men to ever lace up. Former champ when holding a belt meant something. Fought Sugar Ray Robinson numerous times.
Calzaghe, Joe & Hatton, Ricky: The best of the modern British fighters who are both now retired. Both multi-weight champs.
Duran, Roberto: Arguably the greatest lightweight ever. Also a multi-weight champion and nemesis of Leonard.
Holyfield, Evander: An All-time great at heavyweight. At least top 15.
Other new names like Toney, Tarver, Glen Johnson, Winky Wright, Ken Norton, Shane Mosley, Gene Fullmer, and Henry Cooper are names worth the wait. There are some names that don't do much for me like Camacho Jr., Yuri Foreman, Manfredo Jr., and Malignaggi but the list is littered with great names with 99% not being rehashed.
QUOTE]

agree on a few of them, but tony, tarver, winky wright, glen johnson, ken norton, cachmo jr, yuri foreman, maliganaggi bring it down

plus the autograph list is missing a big chase boxer in my opinion. tyson, lewis, forman, surgar ray somebody could have been added
Old 07-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Collectors who buy the singles. Certainly not a great product for the distributors and/or anyone who deals in sealed product. This will be another release from this company where wax prices DROP 30-40% within 6 months. Im not arguing and agree that collectors will buy the singles, but atleast see the fact sealed products from this company dont hold their value.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
clarencewhirly

I follow boxing more than I do any other sport and I have to disagree with pittgrad. The checklist is terrible. There isn't one current pound-for-pound guy on there. Obviously, there are a few cool names like Duran, but the set as a whole is an exhibit of mediocrity. Get some decent active fighters in there. I understand that Money and Pac might be too expensive, but Yuri Foreman? What about Sergio, JMM, Donaire, or even fan favorites like Kastidis, Froch, and Maidana. The design of the base cards is still hideous, as are the inserts. And they're not even new hideous. Turkey red has been done so many times by Topps it's silly at this point. The autographs look ok, but again, a new design would have been nice. I'd like to see some autographed subsets, for instance. The price point will be at least double what it should be, and probably much more. Also, why is it called standing 8 count? It makes no sense. They just took something from boxing (which doesnt even exist in the unified rules anymore) and named the set after it. It would be like calling a baseball set "catcher's interference".
clarencewhirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
pittgrad0214

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarencewhirly View Post
I follow boxing more than I do any other sport and I have to disagree with pittgrad. The checklist is terrible. There isn't one current pound-for-pound guy on there. Obviously, there are a few cool names like Duran, but the set as a whole is an exhibit of mediocrity. Get some decent active fighters in there. I understand that Money and Pac might be too expensive, but Yuri Foreman? What about Sergio, JMM, Donaire, or even fan favorites like Kastidis, Froch, and Maidana. The design of the base cards is still hideous, as are the inserts. And they're not even new hideous. Turkey red has been done so many times by Topps it's silly at this point. The autographs look ok, but again, a new design would have been nice. I'd like to see some autographed subsets, for instance. The price point will be at least double what it should be, and probably much more. Also, why is it called standing 8 count? It makes no sense. They just took something from boxing (which doesnt even exist in the unified rules anymore) and named the set after it. It would be like calling a baseball set "catcher's interference".

i think we are on the same page, i was copying someone elses quote and responding who said the checklist was great. i think the autograph list is missing an awful lot
Old 07-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #12
bprice
Manufacturer

The price has been dramatically reduced based on input from collectors, dealers and distributors.

Although we don't quote SRP prices, you will find this to be the case when you contact your dealer or distributor.

Signing each individual boxer to an autograph agreement is extremely difficult, especially the current ones, they simply make too much money to care about trading cards.

Large companies may be able to throw around enough money to interest some of them but they don't make boxing card products as we did.

The designs followed Ringside Boxing Round One as this product is a continuation of the First Round.

You can always add more names to any list but we must leave some names for Round Three.

Hopefully real boxing fans will appreciate Sir Henry Cooper (now deceased), the three Fulmer Brothers and other greats from the sport of boxing (Duran, Mosley ect).

It is easier to criticize than it is to put a product of this nature together.

Brian Price
bprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #13
cruiserdaddy7

Brian Price,

Since this is a discussion forum I think the buyers of product related to this message board are allowed to throw out their opinions without you arguing them on it. Sure its easier to criticize, but arent the people who spend money in this industry allowed to criticize a product that is being solicited in their hobby? Im not arguing the fact that boxing collectors will like the singles, but anyone who opens the product will be disappointed. For example your Sport Kings products. Every box is below cost but I actually do like and buy the cards. I must say it is frustrating when I buy Series D from my distributor for nearly $90 a box when it releases and then it drops all the way down to $60 or less. Even as the manufacturer you must understand this.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
bprice
Manufacturer

There is no point entering into any dialogue with you.

The only comment I have is that I was not arguing with anyone, just giving my opinion.

If you feel that I am not entitled to an opinion and that is shared by others on this forum, I will no longer post.

Brian Price
bprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #15
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Im not arguing the fact that boxing collectors will like the singles, but anyone who opens the product will be disappointed.
Just another dumb, dumb post by you.

What information are you privileged to that I'm not that suggests "anyone who opens this product will be disappointed"? I'm of the opinion, (and of course I'd bet the farm that I'm right), that there will be some that open this product who will be quite happy. Some will be ecstatic in my opinion.

Care to say I'm wrong?
Old 07-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Just another dumb, dumb post by you.

What information are you privileged to that I'm not that suggests "anyone who opens this product will be disappointed"? I'm of the opinion, (and of course I'd bet the farm that I'm right), that there will be some that open this product who will be quite happy. Some will be ecstatic in my opinion.

Care to say I'm wrong?
So we want to pick every word.. My fault I will rephrase. I should be careful anyway considering Price likes to threaten legal action in this forum as well. "MOST people will be disappointed" when they open this product is what I should have said.... How can I know this? Well, considering Sport Kings A,B,C,D are all below cost, and Round 1 with Ali and Tyson is well BELOW cost its common sense. If the products were hot and truly being gobbled up, price wouldnt drop and drop drastically it does. Why are TKO and KO Round 1 below cost? You dont have to enter into dialogue with me Mr Price, I can point out the facts of your products dropping WELL below cost all on my own. I had no intention of arguing with you. You arguing against potential customers on here is your choice. Watch this product drop in value and it will be yet another excuse from you two. This checklist is not as good as Round 1 and Round 1 dropped significantly. I hope Im wrong and it thrives, last thing we need is another company pumping out garbage products.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #17
pittgrad0214

Brian Price,

I am a consumer who has a million different products fighting for my disposable income. I am not trying to put together a card set and nor am I going to hand out participation trophies like the local 6 year old soccer league does to anyone who "tries" to make a great product. If you don't want to hear consumers feedback, dont have your product posted in a public forum.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #18
clarencewhirly

Brian-

I'm not one of these Sportkings obsessed people (on either side). I'm just a (non) customer giving my opinion on the product. I really do want to buy a boxing product, and it's pretty hard to make one I don't like. All of the things you mentioned are not my problem, just like all of the challenges at my job are not your problem. If you want my few thousand dollars for some cases, you're going to have to do better than this. I might be the only one who feels this way, and then you'll get the last laugh.

The thinly-veiled jab about real boxing fans backfired for you a bit in that Sir Henry Cooper and the non-Gene Fullmers were never boxing greats. Nor were many of the people in the product. This in itself wouldnt be an issue if you didn't try and make the product high-end and limited. If this were a 4-5 hit product, Yuri Foreman and Oliver McCall would be fine. It's not about money either. We degenerate box breakers expect to lose some. We do need some fun though. I havent tried yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not that fun to spend $100 (i'm guessing), to pull off a boxtop and see a Ray Mercer autograph. This product looks like a fun rip at around $40-$50 depending on the frequency of premium memorabilia. If that's the price point, I take it all back.

As far as the design goes, was Ringside Round 1 a success? My impression, based on the fact that the boxes dropped by over 50%, was that it was a failure. I do understand that this was a continuation of round one. That's fairly evident. My point was that this was probably not a good choice.

Even if you ignore the rest of my post, please answer this: Why is it called Standing 8 Count?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #19
mwheeler27

Quote:
So we want to pick every word.. My fault I will rephrase.
You're right, it was your fault, and you needed to rephrase because your comment was false.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #20
mwheeler27

Quote:
As far as the design goes, was Ringside Round 1 a success? My impression, based on the fact that the boxes dropped by over 50%, was that it was a failure.
There are different levels of success. Simply basing "failure" on a product's selling prices dropping during a down economy is naive at best. Grossly wrong is possibly more accurate.

This product was created for collectors. You might not be the type of collector that likes this product, but I can 100% assure you that there are collectors out there that liked Round One and are anxiously awaiting the 2nd release. By definition, that can be considered "success" by at least one account.

Sportkings Boxing will have it's day. Those of you that choose not to collect it now or in the near future will be missing the boat in my opinion, and you will have no one to blame but yourselves, because as you say...the prices are lower now than at release.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #21
clarencewhirly

Wheeler-

When soceity falls apart and Oliver McCall autographs become the currency of tribe leaders, you'll get the last laugh. Until then, though, I'm going to have to stick with the not successful assessment given that dealers were selling it at a loss, and I'm pretty sure that's not a sustainable business model for Mr. Price.

Last edited by clarencewhirly; 07-09-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #22
mwheeler27

Quote:
Wheeler-

When soceity falls apart and Oliver McCall autographs become the currency of tribe leaders, you'll get the last laugh. Until then, though, I'm going to have to stick with the not successful assessment given that dealers were selling it at a loss, and I'm pretty sure that's not a sustainable business model for Mr. Price.
"Until then, though...", that's going to be a long, long time. I think I'll be getting the last laugh much sooner than that.

Let's not forget that at one time, boxes and boxes of 1952 Topps were dumped into the Atlantic Ocean from a "garbage boat".
Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #23
cruiserdaddy7

Matt-

Even you have stated you arent being any sealed product anymore. That says something. Considering my comments are about sealed product and I buy it and you dont, this really isnt even your conversation is it? Someone has to open product for people to get their singles and the ones doing so are getting destroyed by a factory cost that is too high for the content in the product. This is typical with all Sport Kings and the Round 1 release. Its consistent, consistently bad. You never want to tackle the subject of why ALL of these products are below cost, and Price is too busy bickering and threatening members to address why his products are all losers when it comes to WAX PRICES.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #24
mwheeler27

Quote:
Matt-

Even you have stated you arent being any sealed product anymore. That says something. Considering my comments are about sealed product and I buy it and you dont, this really isnt even your conversation is it? Someone has to open product for people to get their singles and the ones doing so are getting destroyed by a factory cost that is too high for the content in the product. This is typical with all Sport Kings and the Round 1 release. Its consistent, consistently bad. You never want to tackle the subject of why ALL of these products are below cost, and Price is too busy bickering and threatening members to address why his products are all losers when it comes to WAX PRICES.
I have tackled it several times...Dr. Price makes products for the collectors.

He has hinted that it's costly signing individual contracts with each athlete. I doubt anyone would argue this fact. He can't just give the stuff away. He has to make a profit, or he'd be out of business. I sincerely doubt he makes much of a profit on any of his products, much unlike the bigger manufacturers.

I have stated this several times...NOBODY will ever be able to make a product like Sportkings as limited in nature with the same high qualities and sell it for less. NOBODY. Upper Deck couldn't do it. Donruss couldn't do it. Neither one were even close.

Rip and flippers have it easy. They're not the ones doing any of the work that goes into making these "limited print run products". They don't understand that a product for the collector, (limited in nature, quality on-card autographs, "authentic" memorabilia cards, etc.), is expensive to make.

If Dr. Price wanted to water down these products, I'm sure he could sell them for much less, but I for one am glad they're not watered down.

Look at the product, think what else is out there to compare it to, think about the future, and use common sense. He's not forcing anyone to buy his products. He's not forcing collectors to buy his cards, but they're buying them, and they're going to be paying more for them in the future because there simply aren't many of them made.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #25
blowoutcards2
Administrator

A message from ITG:

We will have checklists available shortly here is just a sample of some of the boxers that will appear in the basecards, autographs and/or fight worn memorabilia, this is in addition to any information in the initial solicitation I sent:

Evander Holyfield
Leon Spinks
Sir Henry Cooper
Roberto Duran
Shane Mosley
George Chuvalo
Ricky Hatton
Ken Norton

The Ali case topper will be hand numbered and limited to 10, it will either be a base card or fight worn memorabilia card.

blowoutcards2 is online now   Reply With Quote