Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bb pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 02-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
vollybal

Default Ebay Return Request that turned into a NEG...UGH!! 617sports

Just had someone request a return for a Fultz Silver Prizm claiming there are issues with the card as the pictures he posted show no damage at all. He claims there is a surface issue at the arm of the picture and it is clearly a glare as the card I sent him does not have that but it does have the same glare on the card lower in the card...I then went and informed him that I was contacting Ebay as this was not right. He replied back yeah, contact Ebay.

So Now I talked to ebay and they were nice but I have to wait until the 3 business days to allow Ebay to get involved. They wanted me to get more specific information from the seller. I tried but when I did, He put a negative and called me very rude, which then I reported him for.

I was not being rude at all, I was respectful of what Ebay needed in order to get the infomation and it was not rude. Then he replies, "Wil you just accept the return so I can ship it back"...Yeah don;t think so...This will be interesting as the Ebay rep agreed with me on the lack of damage, but we all know Ebay and how they love to side with Buyers...Wish Me Luck!!!
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vollybal View Post
Just had someone request a return for a Fultz Silver Prizm claiming there are issues with the card as the pictures he posted show no damage at all. He claims there is a surface issue at the arm of the picture and it is clearly a glare as the card I sent him does not have that but it does have the same glare on the card lower in the card...I then went and informed him that I was contacting Ebay as this was not right. He replied back yeah, contact Ebay.

So Now I talked to ebay and they were nice but I have to wait until the 3 business days to allow Ebay to get involved. They wanted me to get more specific information from the seller. I tried but when I did, He put a negative and called me very rude, which then I reported him for.

I was not being rude at all, I was respectful of what Ebay needed in order to get the infomation and it was not rude. Then he replies, "Wil you just accept the return so I can ship it back"...Yeah don;t think so...This will be interesting as the Ebay rep agreed with me on the lack of damage, but we all know Ebay and how they love to side with Buyers...Wish Me Luck!!!
Ebays computer program will side with the buyer and you will lose. Its that simple.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
Archangel1775

About to post a thread on eBay bullsh*t policies.
If eBay has to step in on a case, they will actually USE a no return policy against you AND they WILL CHARGE THE SELLER(YOU) the final value fees.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #4
vollybal

FYI the ebay user ID is 617sports
Old 02-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #5
kentrippyjr

should have probably just accepted the return and make them pay for shipping. ebay usually sides with the buyer so you'll probably end up with the card back minus whatever you paid for shipping and final value fees since they don't get refunded if ebay has to deal with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
kentrippyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentrippyjr View Post
should have probably just accepted the return and make them pay for shipping. ebay usually sides with the buyer so you'll probably end up with the card back minus whatever you paid for shipping and final value fees since they don't get refunded if ebay has to deal with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
You are right about accepting the return, but if the return is for not as described like in this case Ebay requires the seller pay the return shipping and seller not allowed to keep part of the refund. They send the label to the buyer, they bill it to the sellers account. Only when it is for reason like changed mind is the buyer made to pay and the seller allowed to adjust a refund amount. If you accept the return right away in the Ebay system it does credit your FVF, however if you wait for Ebay to make that decision then you are not credited the fVF.

Last edited by shrevecity; 02-19-2018 at 08:07 AM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #7
ForceChange77

When you get a request like that, you might as well take the return and avoid the negative and get your final value fee back.
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #8
sjscout

Quote:
fyi the ebay user id is 617sports
buyer has left 5 negs in past month.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #9
checkoutmydeals

Next time, cheerfully accept the return with no questions asked.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #10
wood minis

Not accepting returns is a dumb practice. It means the seller is not willing to stand behind their product. In general, Ebay has to side with buyers. Otherwise they cease to exist.
wood minis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #11
vollybal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
buyer has left 5 negs in past month.
Can you please let me know how you found this info as I am done trusting buyers and will research all from now on.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #12
Nyfancam01
Banned

PANINI needs to start numbering prizm silvers damnit !!!

/250 or /100 or something whatever it is. People are being ripped off left and right !!!! People want PSA 10's and BGS 9.5's so they buy one they like and send a not so mint one back
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #13
crimedawg47

Quote:
Can you please let me know how you found this info as I am done trusting buyers and will research all from now on.

Thanks!
On their feedback page there is a tab for "Feedback left for others".

Henderson Auto PC Stats: Non 1/1's Autos: 195/202 96.5% 1/1's: 22/37 59.5% Jersey #'d - 73
crimedawg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #14
vollybal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood minis View Post
Not accepting returns is a dumb practice. It means the seller is not willing to stand behind their product. In general, Ebay has to side with buyers. Otherwise they cease to exist.
The product had nothing wrong with it, What i am now finding out is this is a very common scam for Silver Prizms where a buyer will buy a few and keep the best one and return the other cards for the highest prices he/she bought at. so not only does the buyer keep the best card, he/she pays the least amount and this is able to happen because the silvers are not numbered...I never have had an issue like this before...Some People are just scum.

Finding out though that just accepting the return is probably going to be the only salvageable solution as I will lose the fees if Ebay gets involved and I lose.

Just hope the dinkleberry doesn't do anything to the card so I can resell it.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:25 PM   #15
vollybal

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedawg47 View Post
On their feedback page there is a tab for "Feedback left for others".
Appreciate it!!!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #16
shrevecity

Quote:

Thanks!
Does not really do any good once they are actual buyers. It can help you find issues when they make offers or just bid. Once they win the item and pay, their feedback left is kind of irrelevant You the seller are on the hook regardless of what you decide to do based on that. Some of the biggest PITA buyers out there either leave no feedback or positives but kill DSRs to hide their tracks.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #17
vollybal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Does not really do any good once they are actual buyers. It can help you find issues when they make offers or just bid. Once they win the item and pay, their feedback left is kind of irrelevant You the seller are on the hook regardless of what you decide to do based on that. Some of the biggest PITA buyers out there either leave no feedback or positives but kill DSRs to hide their tracks.
Interesting that I looked at the negs on the ones he left and I contacted the last person he neg'd and guess what, the SAME card was bought! Just verified it with the other seller...bought within the same time frame...waiting to hear back from the others.

This is interesting!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #18
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood minis View Post
Has nothing to do with standinng behind product. If item is defective or not as described Ebay will force a return no matter if the seller states they take returns or not.

Not taking returns helps protect buyers who will "rent" items or do as others have mentioned here. But it only works IF the buyer uses the reason of Changed mind. It the buyer states its not as described then seller is still on the hook.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #19
shrevecity

Quote:
Interesting that I looked at the negs on the ones he left and I contacted the last person he neg'd and guess what, the SAME card was bought! Just verified it with the other seller...bought within the same time frame...waiting to hear back from the others.

This is interesting!
He is doing as others have mentioned cherry picking the best then going to keep the one he paid the lowest amount for and its likely Ebay will do nothing about it. Either that or he is about to pull a switcharoo entirely and you get back a 1986 Topps common.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #20
Branesergen

Quote:

This is interesting!
If you are gathering the proof then you can take it to eBay and voice your side. If done calmly and correctly you can get them to close the case "in your favor". The key word is calmly and "in your favor" means you're done but they may still just refund the buyer.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #21
vollybal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
If you are gathering the proof then you can take it to eBay and voice your side. If done calmly and correctly you can get them to close the case "in your favor". The key word is calmly and "in your favor" means you're done but they may still just refund the buyer.
Ok, The other seller just sent me the photos that were in his return request and they are the EXACT SAME ones he sent on mine return request....OK, so do I present this to the buyer and give him a chance to cancel or go straight to EBAY?
Old 02-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #22
ForceChange77

Go to Ebay, guy is probably a scammer.

Last edited by ForceChange77; 02-19-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #23
ForceChange77

Might be this guy. Seems like he loves his graded cards and just uses ebay to pick and choose his cards. Real name may or may not be Mark Rosenfield, based on the sole review of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/617sports/
Old 02-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #24
Branesergen

Go to eBay and get it put on his file for future cases. And also inform the others to do so. If enough happens at once something might be done. They dont look kindly on abusing the return policy.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #25
vollybal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
Might be this guy. Seems like he loves his graded cards and just uses ebay to pick and choose his cards. Real name may or may not be Mark Rosenfield, based on the sole review of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/617sports/
Yep thats him....On the phone with Ebay right now!