Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bb pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 03-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #1
88horsepower

Default Seller Still Hasn't Shipped A Week Later

I'll start off by saying I consider myself quite lucky in that I've not had many transactions go awry as a buyer. However, I recently bought a pair of Kirby Puckett 1985 O-Pee-Chee PSA 9 rookies from eBay seller 500club and 8 days later they aren't marked as shipped. I have made two attempts to contact the seller just to check on the shipment status. The messages were sent on Friday and Saturday. No response. The seller has 100% feedback with 300+ transactions, but I'm a bit concerned.

I'm curious to know how the board would handle a situation like this. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
tkraft24

According to Topps NOW cronies, you should wait as long as it takes for him to get you the card without complaining! I know the seller isn’t responding to your concerns but if you open up a claim than you will deservedly be blacklisted by the seller for life!

Kidding, Topps NOW thread has me going lol.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
StevenTormollan

Give it some time.

Actual real life takes precedence over ebay transactions sometimes and this guy could be in the hospital, could be having a family emergency, could be deceased, or maybe they have shipped and he just didn't mark as shipped or enter any tracking info.

One week is far too early to start worrying about a transaction. You have to be fairly patient on ebay and with the normal USPS first class mail, assuming he didn't send these fedex or overnight, etc.

Try sending messages to contact him, etc, but don't get too crazy until like maybe 2-3 weeks pass without cards or contact, then its ridiculous.

I have some customers that literally pay on Monday and by that Thursday are asking where their cards are. Its been 3 days you paid $2.66 for first class shipping. Calm down buddy.
StevenTormollan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
Peties Army

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenTormollan View Post
Give it some time.

Actual real life takes precedence over ebay transactions sometimes and this guy could be in the hospital, could be having a family emergency, could be deceased, or maybe they have shipped and he just didn't mark as shipped or enter any tracking info.

One week is far too early to start worrying about a transaction. You have to be fairly patient on ebay and with the normal USPS first class mail, assuming he didn't send these fedex or overnight, etc.

Try sending messages to contact him, etc, but don't get too crazy until like maybe 2-3 weeks pass without cards or contact, then its ridiculous.

Could not disagree more, Iím escalating it. You tried to reach seller twice, no response. Days is more then enough times. Sure he could be all those things mentioned above but wha are the chances? Slim. And even if those things did happen, why should the buyer wait because it could be one of those things? If it ends up being one of that things(Highly doubtful) then handle it with grace. Itís not your reaponseability to wait because something could be wrong.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
stryk

Here is from the original auction.

Estimated within 12-16 business days
This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 11 business days.

He might be on vacation or something and put this in the shipping details for this exact reason.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #6
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
I'll start off by saying I consider myself quite lucky in that I've not had many transactions go awry as a buyer. However, I recently bought a pair of Kirby Puckett 1985 O-Pee-Chee PSA 9 rookies from eBay seller 500club and 8 days later they aren't marked as shipped. I have made two attempts to contact the seller just to check on the shipment status. The messages were sent on Friday and Saturday. No response. The seller has 100% feedback with 300+ transactions, but I'm a bit concerned.

I'm curious to know how the board would handle a situation like this. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryk View Post

This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 11 business days.

He might be on vacation or something and put this in the shipping details for this exact reason.
is this is the case?

if so, it changes this situation
Old 03-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #7
88horsepower

Quote:

This is why I should have read the shipping details. That is completely on me, so I have to take ownership of that mistake on my part. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I didn't even bother to read that! Again, thanks for pointing that out.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #8
Peties Army

Quote:

Oh man. That happens.

Sorry OP. Bad break
Old 03-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #9
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peties Army View Post
Oh man. That happens.

Sorry OP. Bad break
Eh, it's all good. I'm not in a hurry to get them. As long as they show up later this month, I'll be quite happy to have the two Puckett rookies. Getting a decently centered PSA 9 of his 85 O-Pee-Chee rookie is something I've wanted for awhile now, so it's worth it.