Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 03-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #26
Earlsnake07

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.
10000% no BS....I typed this in and then deleted it because I didn't want to rub salt in the OP's wound.

Obviously I agree
NEEDS = '12 CHROME CHIEFS: #94 DONTARI POE RED AUTO /5 ANY '12 CHROME CHIEFS PRINTING PLATES---------->'14 CHROME ALEX SMITH YELLOW AND BLACK PRINTING PLATES & ANY CHIEFS CHROME SUPERS
SCA - https://sportscardalbum.com/u/earlsnake07
Earlsnake07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #27
RedMikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I have an Ebay breaking incident that will make you sick to your stomach.

A friend of mine in 2011 bought into a break on Ebay in the middle of Cam Newton mania.

I do not remember the breaker..it was 7 years ago.

Sure enough a monster Cam auto was pulled.

My friend was very excited. Woke up the next morning and had a refund given by the breaker. $60 or so I believe was the buy in.

Also had a message from the breaker saying he spilled soda on the card and it was destroyed. The card was serial numbered.

If that was not bad enough, the story gets even better.

24 hours later the card was listed for sale by the breaker.Card was fine, no damage. Same serial number. $400 was his asking price.

My friend sent Ebay the message about damage, a link to the new listing and the video of the break.

Eaby said as long as the seller gave a refund there was nothing they could do.

My friend actually went to bid on the card for whatever reason and the seller had him blocked.

Basically he was using everyone elses money for his breaks and when monster cards got pulled he just refunded whoever had that team the buy in price for the break.

That is a digusting display of human behavior. Degenerate junkie taken to a whole new level.
Life Lesson - there are some truly despicable people out there but it is the real world - you have to be ready for em.
RedMikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #28
lesternatty

I received the card. The tracking info was not updating on my end. I jumped the gun after being scammed the week prior. Please delete thread. Swifty is legit. The other seller has already been banned as he had other complaints by many buyers, so no need to name him.
lesternatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #29
ntgm37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesternatty View Post
I've now been scammed twice by two different eBay breakers in the past two weeks. They send out the the base and junk hits, but I got two very nice cards and never received either of them from either breaker. This is becoming rampant on eBay. They will send out the worthless cards, but if you get a nice hit you likely won't receive the card. I spend hundreds each months on breaks, and when I finally get a couple nice hits both are just magically lost in the mail. No update on tracking info, just shown that the label was created. I will end up getting a $15 refund for a $300 card. This is so frustrating and I am never doing a break again. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm debating taking this breaker to court, I don't care how much the lawyer fees cost.
So they sent you the base and the good hit in two different packages?
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #30
natbornkiller

Quote:

A friend of mine in 2011 bought into a break on Ebay in the middle of Cam Newton mania.

My friend was very excited. Woke up the next morning and had a refund given by the breaker. $60 or so I believe was the buy in.

Also had a message from the breaker saying he spilled soda on the card and it was destroyed. The card was serial numbered.

24 hours later the card was listed for sale by the breaker.Card was fine, no damage. Same serial number. $400 was his asking price.

My friend sent Ebay the message about damage, a link to the new listing and the video of the break.

My friend actually went to bid on the card for whatever reason and the seller had him blocked.

Basically he was using everyone elses money for his breaks and when monster cards got pulled he just refunded whoever had that team the buy in price for the break.

That is a digusting display of human behavior. Degenerate junkie taken to a whole new level.
bo hasn't taught you anything?
you buy the card then file an return and send back an empty envelope or a package filled with base
Old 03-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #31
NickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgm37 View Post
So they sent you the base and the good hit in two different packages?
I've had that on a couple breaks. Both times it was due to, according to the breakers, on being temporarily out of the proper toploaders for thick hits. I think it was a Wade Baldwin patch one time and a Keenan Reynolds RPA the other time.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:33 AM   #32
possom813

Quote:

Reminds me of this old joke...

A city boy moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.
The next day the farmer drove up and said: “Sorry son, but I have some bad news. The donkey died.”

The boy replied, “Well then, just give me my money back.”

The farmer said, “Can’t do that. I went and spent it already.”

The boy said, “OK, then just unload the donkey.”

The farmer asked, “What ya gonna do with him?”

The boy: “I’m going to raffle him off.”

Farmer: “You can’t raffle off a dead donkey!”

The boy: “Sure I can. Watch me. I just won’t tell anybody he is dead.”

A month later the farmer saw the boy in town and asked, “What happened with that dead donkey?”

The boy said: “I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at $2 a piece and made a profit of $998.00.”

Farmer: “Didn’t anyone complain?”

The boy: “Just the guy who won. So I gave him his $2 back.”
possom813 is offline   Reply With Quote