Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Adamchuk

Default Ebay Buyer Hitting DSRs & a funny read

So long story short, I accepted this guys offer on an item. He took a couple days to pay and unfortunately paid late on a Thursday night as I was leaving to go out of town on a business trip. Ship the item first thing Monday morning and it gets to the Mid-west early Thursday morning.

Check my DSRs yesterday and see I have a 1 in shipping time from a recent item so its pretty easy to figure out where it came from. Kinda peeved, I send a message to the buyer and the following ensues. Its a funny read (completely unedited)

Do what this info what you will.

To: bjjallday
Subject: adamchuk sent a message about 2013-14 OPC TEAM LOGO PATCHE ST. SAINT LOUIS BLUES ALTERNATE SP #142 #200962817091
Sent Date: Sep-30-13 14:50:26 PDT

Dear bjjallday,

Didn't realize that delivering an item that you paid for in a week was worthy of a 1 rating in shipping time (and 3 in communication for that matter). Especially considering I was out of town for at the end of the week but still got it in the mail first thing on Monday.

To: adamchuk
Subject: Re: adamchuk sent a message about 2013-14 OPC TEAM LOGO PATCHE ST. SAINT LOUIS BLUES ALTERNATE SP #142 #200962817091
Sent Date: Sep-30-13 18:41:25 PDT

Dear adamchuk,

I paid for the item immediately. You people from the east are the biggest babies...no wonder bad stuff always happens there. DONT PUT THAT IT'S GOING TO COME A CERTAIN DAY - WHEN IT DOESNT!!!!! If I say I'm going to do something I DO IT! I'm a man and clearly you are a mouse. I bet you voted for osama. I guess this is the reply you would expect from a meathead like myself....so there ya go. It takes 2 days to ship from where you are at.

- bjjallday

Subject: Re: adamchuk sent a message about 2013-14 OPC TEAM LOGO PATCHE ST. SAINT LOUIS BLUES ALTERNATE SP #142 #200962817091
Sent Date: Sep-30-13 18:54:27 PDT

Dear bjjallday,

Thanks, this was all I needed to be able to forward to ebay to get the feedback removed. Was exactly the type of response I was expecting.

But just so we get the facts straight. The item ended on the 17th, you paid on the 19th (hmm see a lag in there, thats a couple days). So why do you get to take days to pay and I don't get a day to ship. Its kinda hard to ship an item that's in a town where I am physically not at. So sorry my real job and having to travel got in the way of my hobby and I didn't coordinate my work schedule around having to WAIT FOR YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR ITEM. IF YOU HAD ACTUALLY PAID WHEN THE ITEM ENDED I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET IT OUT BEFORE HAVING TO LEAVE FOR MY TRIP.

I love shipping to uneducated mid-westerners who can't even look at a calendar and get their facts straight.

- adamchuk

To: adamchuk
Sent Date: Sep-30-13 19:20:13 PDT

Dear adamchuk,

No wimp...YOU GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! Once you pay - than the shipping days go into affect. I mean if someone waited a week to pay - do you really think that it is going to say that it should have been shipped? You are a complete mental midget. You probably voted for that idiot twice! You are that guy that posts adds on craigslist for your lady to be with guys like me while you watch. I live in California but have homes in multiple states...so I'm in the same boat. Don't list stuff if you cant handle it. Also I sold a ton of stuff on here...You have positive feedback from me...that's all buyers care about..so like I said...quit being a little batch and complaining. I look forward to seeing you and your lady one day

- bjjallday

Sent Date: Sep-30-13 19:31:44 PDT

Dear bjjallday,

Well aware of ebay's policy and that my listings "need to say 1 day handling, in order to get the top seller discount" but thanks for telling me something I already know. My reference was with respect to you saying you paid IMMEDIATELY. Which of course was a lie and you didn't, that was what I was talking about. Yeah you can pay whenever, and I have to ship 1 day, but don't sit here complaining about shipping time and and its takes 2 days to ship blah blah. Like I said, if you had paid IMMEDIATELY, and not a couple days after you would have got your item on time.

And if you really need to know, I haven't voted democrat in a while. I work in the financial industry so you tell me why I would vote for this administration.

- adamchuk

Dear adamchuk,

I don't think I can revise positive feedback....I know if I left negative or neutral than I could....but if you can - send me it and I will revise to 5 stars...like I said - I don't think I can. I apologize for my attitude.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
yorkbag

Thanks. BLOCKED!
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
XL5

Quote:
So sorry my real job and having to travel got in the way of my hobby
If it's just a hobby why are you so torn up over the 1 DSR on shipping time? It shipped later than the stated 1-day turnaround, guy dinged you. Move on. By engaging the guy you start to sink to his level.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
babyfaceposey

Lol. Pretty funny. Will be blocking this guy also.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
JenAndKylesCard

His name is Bjsallday? Really?
JenAndKylesCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
IronMonkey415

Its one those meat head martial artist freak.
BJJ is a fighting style I think.

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
JoeD617

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
If it's just a hobby why are you so torn up over the 1 DSR on shipping time? It shipped later than the stated 1-day turnaround, guy dinged you. Move on. By engaging the guy you start to sink to his level.
It takes very few 1 or 2 DSR ratings to lose your top rated seller discount of 20%. Pretty big deal.
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Adamchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD617 View Post
It takes very few 1 or 2 DSR ratings to lose your top rated seller discount of 20%. Pretty big deal.
This^^ but also, it wasn't egregiously late. If it took a couple weeks I would understand but it got delivered in 5 business days which I didn't think was worthy of a 1. If he wanted to give me a 3 fine, but I thought a 1 was not warranted.

And yes its a hobby, but I also take it semi-seriously. It still comes down to reputation whether it be in my real world job or with respect to my hobby business dealings
Old 10-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
uberfatty

I understand he's a huge d-bag and ended up being a pain, but your first message to him came off as sarcastic & passive aggressive rather than you being truly interested in trying to resolve an issue.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
yorkbag

I personally, can get a bit defensive when I am dinged on a DSR. So, I can kind of understand being upset and contacting the customer and going off. However, I would not contact the customer. The damage is done and cannot be reversed. I strive for excellent customer service in my regular job and on my "eBay job". I never argue or confront a customer, but I do understand that anger when you have been dinged, especially when it really wasn't warranted. If and when it does happen to me, and it only usually happens to me from International on shipping, even when I refund them the difference and ONLY charge them the exact shipping cost, I just block them. That OP is the best way to get back at a customer that you feel has done you wrong without arguing and lowering your customer service standards. Believe me, they will try and come back. And, the best satisfaction you can have (even though you will never know), is when they return and cannot purchase from you again.

Thanks again OP, for at least the heads-up as at least I have the choice to block them and not be in the situation you were in. My best defeat for folks like that, I require immediate payment and do not do auctions. But, that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
I understand he's a huge d-bag and ended up being a pain, but your first message to him came off as sarcastic & passive aggressive rather than you being truly interested in trying to resolve an issue.

Last edited by yorkbag; 10-01-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: incorrect grammar....lol
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
alldaytoplay33

wow, why did he have to say he lives in california, makes my whole state look horrible. And i voted for Obama mannn !!

Thanks for the laugh though!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #12
babyfaceposey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldaytoplay33 View Post
wow, why did he have to say he lives in california, makes my whole state look horrible. And i voted for Obama mannn !!

Thanks for the laugh though!
California is horrible. I will never move back.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
Gibberish

I do not see a reason to block the seller.

You have top rated, ship in 24 hours.
If you cannot and someone buys an item, you tell them. If you do neither, you set yourself up for the DSR hits that you deserve if a buyer wishes to level them.

His silliness was provoked by your message to him. You felt entitled to more based on how you look at your situation and you were not. So, again, not worth blocking.

Like the nutter said, do what you say you are going to do, period.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #14
bigzig

You can report the buyer for leaving positive ratings and a low dsr. It may not do any good as that is what the dsr system is for (to rate sellers), but if he makes a habit out of it Ebay could possibly remove it. Worth a shot anyway.

P.S. I wouldn't forward the messages to Ebay. You aren't suppose to contact the buyer directly about a dsr rating.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
FreeMan12406
Banned

Sooooo....

You were late in shipping by your own posted standards, then PM'd the buyer which is against eBay policy?
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #16
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

You both came out looking like jackasses in the end.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #17
GOWIFB

Buyer was definitely way out of line on this one. Unfortunately though if you go ahead and do the 1 day handling time so you can get the benefits of it you really need to abide by it. I have taken packages with me on vacation and it is frustrating to have to try to stop in at a post office somewhere or print out a label on a hotel computer for 1 or 2 cards but it is just something I had to do if I sold my cards close to a day I was heading out of town. Sucks that some buyers run ebay and flip out over the smallest things but there isn't much you can do about it.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #18
Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Buyer was definitely way out of line on this one. Unfortunately though if you go ahead and do the 1 day handling time so you can get the benefits of it you really need to abide by it. I have taken packages with me on vacation and it is frustrating to have to try to stop in at a post office somewhere or print out a label on a hotel computer for 1 or 2 cards but it is just something I had to do if I sold my cards close to a day I was heading out of town. Sucks that some buyers run ebay and flip out over the smallest things but there isn't much you can do about it.
What ?

How is the buyer out of line ? Seller did not do as his auction stated and then violated ebays policies and contacted the buyer about DSR ratings.

I have to say, not setting an away message showing delivery date will be prolonged or...taking your listings down or not putting them up when you are going to be "away" is inept and poor planning.
Now, the next shoe will be "It was all of a sudden" and a myriad of reasons by others on "Why"....which does not change the fact that the buyer was so far within his rights that the seller shouldn't have posted without thinking from both sides....just his own.

Aside from the shipping fail, here is where the seller went bad

Quote:
Thanks, this was all I needed to be able to forward to ebay to get the feedback removed. Was exactly the type of response I was expecting.
Quote:
I love shipping to uneducated mid-westerners who can't even look at a calendar and get their facts straight.
Quote:
IF YOU HAD ACTUALLY PAID WHEN THE ITEM ENDED I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET IT OUT BEFORE HAVING TO LEAVE FOR MY TRIP.
Quote:
Like I said, if you had paid IMMEDIATELY, and not a couple days after you would have got your item on time.

Seller is an entitled buyer who feels he can ACT that way. Everyone ELSE has to go out of their way to conceded to his needs,wants and ideas of injustice.

Seller was the fail, buyer was well within his rights to get a LOT nastier.

I do hope seller forwarded it to ebay.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #19
Adamchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
What ?

How is the buyer out of line ? Seller did not do as his auction stated and then violated ebays policies and contacted the buyer about DSR ratings.

I have to say, not setting an away message showing delivery date will be prolonged or...taking your listings down or not putting them up when you are going to be "away" is inept and poor planning.
Now, the next shoe will be "It was all of a sudden" and a myriad of reasons by others on "Why"....which does not change the fact that the buyer was so far within his rights that the seller shouldn't have posted without thinking from both sides....just his own.

Aside from the shipping fail, here is where the seller went bad

Seller is an entitled buyer who feels he can ACT that way. Everyone ELSE has to go out of their way to conceded to his needs,wants and ideas of injustice.

Seller was the fail, buyer was well within his rights to get a LOT nastier.

I do hope seller forwarded it to ebay.
Hey Gibberish,

Quite frankly I don't think you are seeing the point of my post and under no circumstances did I say I felt entitled or I did hold up my end of the bargain. Your points and logic are so far off based its not even funny and its easy to pick out "pieces" of the entire conversation to paint me in much worse light, kinda like "selective journalism" which is exactly what you did above.

Did I ship 1 business day later than I was supposed, yes I did. Do I think its worth a 1 rating in shipping time, no I don't. If you want to ding DSRs, like I said above, that's fine, I get it, I was late, but I highly doubt a 1 is warranted.

So please enlighten me to as why I am an entitled buyer and everyone else needs to go out of their way for me? Did I ever mention that you should block the seller? No I didn't, I said do what you will with this information.

I got a kick out of this whole situation, which is why I posted it. I took a completely objective view in my original post, didn't take sides, never said I was right or buyer was wrong, just posted information.

Last edited by Adamchuk; 10-02-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Adamchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
You both came out looking like jackasses in the end.
That was my take on it as well. Getting dinged on the DSR's would irk me and shipping wasn't crazy but it did fall outside of the posted shipping time regardless of how long it took buyer to pay. Just more reasons why I don't sell on Ebay.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #21
Adamchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
That was my take on it as well. Getting dinged on the DSR's would irk me and shipping wasn't crazy but it did fall outside of the posted shipping time regardless of how long it took buyer to pay. Just more reasons why I don't sell on Ebay.
Guys, I don't disagree. This is the first time I have ever actually engaged someone on ebay, just because of his response and the fact that he said he paid immediately which he didn't. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Was I in the wrong shipping a day late, yeah, admitted that.

I just posted this because I thought it was funny and to say hey "if you don't want to deal with guys like this, its your choice". End of story
Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
twoten01

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Its one those meat head martial artist freak.
BJJ is a fighting style I think.
BJJ= Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Not every one who takes BJJ is a meat head(I am an Ivy League graduate), but thanks for making the assumption.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #23
Gibberish

You said end of story but you keep defending yourself, not seeing where you did wrong, but want explainations on point of views.

You want the buyer to UNDERSTAND your reasons for shipping late AFTER the fact. Your shipping time place it going a minimum of 5 days in the mail and I am assuming 6 or possibly 7 since you made a point of stating 5 business days.

The seller paid slow, it's the norma. You lay your inability to ship on him,foremost and your out of town secondly and that is incorrect.

You feel he was the issue because he left a 1 dsr, again, you were the issue. You failed to offer customer service and NOT for a valid reason. I have gotten a neg in the last week. My reasons were the buyer was rude, entitled and a jerk. I told him to F'off,send his neg and sold the item out from under him to the next bidder. I fell outside of ebays policies and had I sucked it up agree with everything he said and moved on, it would not have happened.
I made a choice and let the chips fall as I KNEW where I was going, you made repeated excuses and you deserved no less. You just luckily had it happen after the fact so you got "zip" for buyer retribution but felt ENTITLED so you came here and complained and palmed it off as a "Do what you will"
The sad part is he left you a posative when I bet he wishes he could have left you a neutral or neg for being an entitled ass to him. If you need me to define entitled again, I will,but I have no doubt the bulk of the other sellers here see the same thing I do

Last edited by Gibberish; 10-02-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
dbaks

My favorite part is when you said you didn't vote Democrate he was willing to change your feedback! That is fantastic!
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONAL
dbaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaks View Post
My favorite part is when you said you didn't vote Democrate he was willing to change your feedback! That is fantastic!
That was my favorite as well. It was like a switch was flipped.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote