Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #76
Tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1899 View Post
Yes, player well yesterday, more like the Arsenal of old. Aaron Ramsey enjoyed the extra freedom that he seems to have been given too.
Everton have been struggling of late and historically Arsenal have always played will against them, beat them 5-2 on the reverse fixture earlier this season. Next weekend will be a true test.
FT/FS Album: https://ibb.co/album/mSEtwF
Tones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #77
Tones

That performance was nothing shy of embarrassing. I was really looking forward to this game starting but already had questions when I saw the starting XI. We were going into the game defensively minded with two CDM's and Ozil was out on the wing where he was virtually useless. Our first and best chance of the game was called offside when Aubameyang was clearly on in the 25th minute, and it wasn't until past the 60th when we were 1-0 down when we created another chance, nice hit from Wilshere, but an easy and only save from Lloris on the day. Lacazette had some squandered opportunities at the end but I can't blame him to much because he should have been in the starting XI and he rushed his chances because he wants to start. Countless defensive errors, carless passing and absolutely disastrous in the final third. The downward spiral continues, Arsenal fans are used to saying at this point in this season there goes the title, now we are saying there goes the top 4. The manager has to go.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #78
drelinski267

Default COYS

The most dominant 1-0 win I've seen in a long time. If we were more clinical, the game could've easily ended 4-0. Mousa controlled the midfield all game. Its so beautiful to watch him play the game with such ease. About had a heart attack the last few minutes of the game, but in the end, we fully deserved the three points.

7 points from three difficult games. Great return! We are clicking at the right time and are in fantastic form. With Chelsea's issues and Liverpool's defensive issues, I'm confident in a top four finish!

HUGE game Tuesday against one of the most in form teams in Europe, Juventus.

North London is Lilywhite! COYS!
drelinski267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #79
Tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelinski267 View Post
The most dominant 1-0 win I've seen in a long time. If we were more clinical, the game could've easily ended 4-0. Mousa controlled the midfield all game. Its so beautiful to watch him play the game with such ease. About had a heart attack the last few minutes of the game, but in the end, we fully deserved the three points.

7 points from three difficult games. Great return! We are clicking at the right time and are in fantastic form. With Chelsea's issues and Liverpool's defensive issues, I'm confident in a top four finish!

HUGE game Tuesday against one of the most in form teams in Europe, Juventus.

North London is Lilywhite! COYS!
I agree with your synopsis of the game but as for the last statement. North London is and will remain red. Because the last time the League was won at their ground...

Last edited by Tones; 02-10-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:08 AM   #80
drelinski267

So what're your thoughts on the rest of the season? Top 4 Predictions? Do you think Arsenal should pull a United like last year and go all in on trying to win Europa?

Of course anything can happen, but on current form, I'd say the Top 4 would be:
1.) City
2.) Man U
3.) Spurs
4.) Chelsea

For Spurs, we are the most fit squad in England. We are fully healthy and finally have quality depth in most positions. I hope we can continue our form for the remainder of the season, make a cup run and go all out in Europe and see where it takes us.

As much as I'd love Wenger to stay 😉, surely he has got to go!!?? Who would you want to replace Wenger?

Also, summer expectations? Who leaves, who do you buy?

For Spurs, pay Alderweireld the money he deserves, sell Rose and Sissoko. Finding a striker to back up Harry has proven difficult. Would love to sign a young understudy to Dembele. I can see us signing Ryan Sessagnon as well.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #81
Tones

So what're your thoughts on the rest of the season? Top 4 Predictions? Do you think Arsenal should pull a United like last year and go all in on trying to win Europa?

Yes, yesterday pretty much seals an all but squashed top 4 chances, we play City at home in the League next and I cannot see us taking more than a point away from that game. Our chances of winning the Europa are much higher.

Of course anything can happen, but on current form, I'd say the Top 4 would be:
1.) City
2.) Man U
3.) Spurs
4.) Chelsea

I agree with the top two 100%, nothing chancing that. I think the 3rd and 4th spots are really gunna come down to the wire between Spuds, Chelski, and Liverpool. The way the Blues have been playing of late I say they have the worst chance of making the top four and I could see Arsenal taking 5th and them dropping 6th

For Spurs, we are the most fit squad in England. We are fully healthy and finally have quality depth in most positions. I hope we can continue our form for the remainder of the season, make a cup run and go all out in Europe and see where it takes us.

I don't only want Spurs to lose to Juve because I hate them, but because I have been rooting for Juve to win it all overtime Arsenal falls out and Juve is still in it. Being Italian I am dying to see Gigi win it, he deserves it and what a year to do it with Italy not in the WC, bring something massive to their country

As much as I'd love Wenger to stay ��, surely he has got to go!!?? Who would you want to replace Wenger?

Arsene Wenger's time was up at the end of the 2011-12 season. Any other manager as a top club getting the results he has and the way the team has progressed would have been fired a long time ago. The board is just afraid we won't recover because Wenger has been around longer than the lot of them. Back in 2012 I wanted Guardiola and it was said he wanted to come here, obviously that is not gunna happen now. With Conte's job in jeopardy I think he would do well at Arsenal. Other options I like would include Ancelotti and Simeone

Also, summer expectations? Who leaves, who do you buy?

Cech, gone. Please for the love of god. He has been a solid keeper and saves us a lot of points but he makes so many careless mistakes and you look at him and he just shrugs it off. Now would be the time to move past him because he is still worth something and the perfect replacement is Oblak from Atletico who is reportedly unsettled. Another obvious player is a CDM... we have not had a successful one since Patrick Vieira. A player who is young, solid and we have been linked to a lot is Jean Seri. Thirdly is a world class defender. I think when Kos and Mustafi have their day they are fantastic at the back, but due to the lack of competition there is no threat to their places and they lack consistency. Also both of them get too far forward and we get caught out on the break way too much. Our midfield is extremely congested I say some housekeeping needs to be done there (Xhaka I think his time is dwindling and El Neney has never really impressed me). Cazorla being out for so long won't be resigned and Niles should be loaned out. Tie down Wilshere and Ramsey to long term contracts. Then bring in a promising young star by the name of Cristian Pavón. Boy does this guy look good and he will be available for a reported £33m which is a steal in todays market, he looks like a 22 year old Alexis.

For Spurs, pay Alderweireld the money he deserves, sell Rose and Sissoko. Finding a striker to back up Harry has proven difficult. Would love to sign a young understudy to Dembele. I can see us signing Ryan Sessagnon as well.

If Spurs do not win anything this year, they are going to have trouble hanging onto a few players, namely Alderweireld and Kane. Both are on very low wages indeed and I think both of them are at their point in there career that they want to see silverware before it is too late. Toby to Barca and Kane to Real Madrid is what i see happening

Last edited by Tones; 02-11-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #82
Tones

With ManU losing to Newcastle, I think that opens the chance to someone else taking the 2nd spot right up.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #83
drelinski267

I definitely agree with you. Time to move on with Cech. CDM and another CB for you guys would be massive. We destroyed you guys in midfield yesterday. You need a guy like Dier or Wanyama who puts in a shift for the team and does the hard work.

I agree with you on Alderweireld. He is 29. Do I want him to stay, absolutely. But at his age, if a team came in and offered crazy money, move on? Perhaps. Davidson Sanchez is 21, is still raw, but has been immense this year.

I would have to disagree, for now, about Harry Kane. He won't leave this summer. If 2-3 years go by and we've won no silverware, I could see him potentially making that move. But no way he leaves this summer.

The Man U loss was nice. Puts us only four points behind them.

But since you are a Juve fan as well, I think this is going to be a difficult match for us. But that's what the Champions League is about. Competing against the best. A 1-1 draw or even a 2-1 loss in Italy and I can see us with a decent shout at Wembley. Exciting times!

Who does Arsenal play in Europa, again? 😁😁
Old 02-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #84
Tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelinski267 View Post
I definitely agree with you. Time to move on with Cech. CDM and another CB for you guys would be massive. We destroyed you guys in midfield yesterday. You need a guy like Dier or Wanyama who puts in a shift for the team and does the hard work.

I agree with you on Alderweireld. He is 29. Do I want him to stay, absolutely. But at his age, if a team came in and offered crazy money, move on? Perhaps. Davidson Sanchez is 21, is still raw, but has been immense this year.

I would have to disagree, for now, about Harry Kane. He won't leave this summer. If 2-3 years go by and we've won no silverware, I could see him potentially making that move. But no way he leaves this summer.

The Man U loss was nice. Puts us only four points behind them.

But since you are a Juve fan as well, I think this is going to be a difficult match for us. But that's what the Champions League is about. Competing against the best. A 1-1 draw or even a 2-1 loss in Italy and I can see us with a decent shout at Wembley. Exciting times!

Who does Arsenal play in Europa, again? ����
Real Madrid are going to be desperate for a striker in the summer, Benzema has been dreadful. Prepare yourself for a big offer from them.

Ehhhh far from a Juve fan so to speak haha, I have one team and that team is tattooed on my arm, forever one team. but when it comes to int I support Italy and USA. Seeing as we are not in the competition and don't make it far I just want to see an Italy legend win it

We are playing a Swedish team called Ostersund, a club that has only been around since 1996 and their stadium seats 1/10 of the Emirates.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #85
drelinski267

Wow! What a game! The first ten minutes were horrible! We looked super dodgy and nervous at the back. But what a comeback! We completely dominated them most of the game. Dembele is a special, special player. Lamela was a great decision to start. He was spectacular! Such a mature performance from the team. We would've lost this game 5-0, 6-0 in the past.

2-2 against one of the best European teams in the world, what a result! We could've won this match.

Since Juventus moved to their new stadium in 2011, they have never, in any competition, blew a 2 goal lead.

Tough match a Wembley in a few weeks, but, for now, advantage Spurs.

Absolutely buzzing!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #86
Tones

The europa league round of 32 is over and we are down to the round of 16. The biggest shock of the previous round hands down was Leipzig knocking out the Seria A leaders, Napoli, on away goals. Here is the draw for the round of 16.

Lazio v Dynamo Kiev
RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg
Atletico Madrid v Lokomotiv Moscow
CSKA v Lyon
Marseille v Athletic Bilbao
Sporting Lisbon v Viktoria Plzen
Borussia Dortmund v FC Salzburg
Milan v Arsenal
Old 02-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #87
Tones

It's cup final day today at Wembley in just under an hour! Arsenal v Man City. This is the one trophy Arsene Wenger has yet to win and I am sure he would love to add it to his resume. As for the flip side, just a few a little over a week ago there was talk about Man City winning all 4 trophies this year (Champions League, EPL, FA and League Cup), but that was quickly cut to 3 after they fell out of the FA Cup with a shock loss to Wigan. Who will grab the win?

Here are your team line-ups...

Arsenal starting XI: Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Chambers, Monreal, Xhaka, Wilshere, Ramsey,, Ozil, Aubameyang.
Subs: Cech, Mertesacker, Kolasinac, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Welbeck

Man City Starting XI: Bravo, Walker, Kompany (c), Otamendi, Danilo, Fernandinho, Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero
Subs: Ederson, Stones, Laporte, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Foden, Jesus

My predictions:
Manchester City will be nervy after losing to Wigan just a week ago and having one trophy opportunity lost and now just a week later face that same task against a much stronger opposition. Man City will press high which will create them more opportunities but if caught out there will be no stopping a counter attack with Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil and Aubameyang.

Aubameyang to open the scoring early on with Aguero to level it by half time. Manchester City take the lead early on in the 2nd through Aguero, but quickly fall level with a will worked moved finished by Aaron Ramsey, and again finished by Aubameyang and Arsenal lead 3-1. Arsenal become more conservative, but cheaply give up a goal to Aguero who pulls one back. But it's too little, too late.

Arsenal 3-2 Manchester City
Old 03-01-2018, 10:07 PM   #88
Tones

Back to back losses to City... 6 goals conceded over two games. The only was to beat City is to score first and we couldn't do it in either day. Terrible defending, plenty of chances created but none converted. I could write all day about it, but I am honestly so exhausted repeating myself because our problems are so obvious but are never addressed.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #89
Tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
Terrible defending, plenty of chances created but none converted. I could write all day about it, but I am honestly so exhausted repeating myself because our problems are so obvious but are never addressed.
don't need to repeat myself for today. Okay that we did it against City, but now against Brighton? Pathetic.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #90
Tones

After a disastrous away defeat to Brighton, we managed to bounce back and travel Italy to face a well rested Milan side, and manage to pull off a 2-0 win where ewe controlled the entire game. This just emphasized how widely consistent we have been this season. Today was an important home match against Watford, a side who we have struggled against in recent history. The defensive errors were there but we managed to keep a clean sheet, including a Petr Cech penalty save, and cruise to a 3-0 win with goal from Mustafi, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryian.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #91
Tones

I haven't been this excited to my a post-game reply to the thread in a long time. That was the best Arsenal performances this season. Almost instantly I said Ramsey Ozil and Mkhitaryian were going to wreck havoc on CSKA's defense and that is exactly what happened with Ozil and Ramsey pulling off MOTM performances; Oil's vision and Ramsey's finishing were out of this world today. The game was won at half time with Arsenal leading 4-1, which was a very misleading score come the end of the game as not only did Arsenal control the majority of the game but huge chances were had and we looked like we were having fun doing it, excited for the weekend game against Southhampton and the 2nd leg of this match next week.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #92
Tones

Well... that is what happens when you don't have any true depth in your team. Make six changes from the game on Thursday and what are you left with? A team that looks like they have never played a game together. Passing was dreadful throughout the entire game, constantly tracked back and outside of the one goal we never threatened the Newcastle keeper. How easy the goal was too... if you kept it up it would have been an easy three points. Awful performance, 100% the manager to blame, but in the boards eye's he can do no wrong... he will be manager till the day he walks or croaks.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #93
Tones

Well today was the first game since Arsenal announced that Wenger will be leaving at the end of the season and I am pleased with the turnout of the crowd, a full house. I was very happy with the team selection, picking the players that are going to play on Thursday so they can be match ready. The game took a while to get going and Arsenal looked very unsettled. Arsenal were much better in the second half and we took the lead thanks to one of our best players this season, Nacho Monreal. West Ham brought on Chicharito and them game all of a sudden liked different and so did the scoreline as West Ham brought it level through Marko Arnautovic. After being level for sometime, we brought on Aubameyang which saw the spark we needed as we rallied for 3 goals in the last 10 minutes; 1 for Aaron Ramsey and 2 for Alex Lacazette. 4-1 win, big 3 points, onto Thursday, COYG!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:39 PM   #94
Tones

That game was nothing shy of a heartbreaker. The game could have not been more in favor for Arsenal. Atletico Madrid were rightfully down to 10 men within the opening 10 minutes and for virtually the entire match Arsenal controlled the game. We could have scored 3/4 more goals if it wasn't for an incredible performance by Oblak (who I have been saying for the past 2 years now to go get to replace Cech). Atletico maybe had 1 decent chance before they scored their goal which was a terrible one to conceded. A booted ball forward fell right to Griezmann who was defending my Koscielny but lost his footing. A save from Ospina that fell right back to the French striker saw him slot home an empty net. Madrid have their way goal, it is going to be a tough task in Spain next week for Arsenal.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:20 PM   #95
Tones

Due to some personal issues going on I did not make my post-mast thread reply on sunday but I feel like have to.

That was by far Arsenal's best performance of the season. Too bad the season is basically over and we cannot move up or down the table. Cech was barely tested on goal as the partnership of our two young centerbacks; Chambers and Mavropanis played so well together they look like they have been doing it for years. Our fullbacks were very sold with Kolasinac pulling out a performance that we hadn't seen since the early start to the season. Xhaka held his own in the midfield with Wilshere having a MOTM performance. Mkhitaryian looked full of life being given the freedom on the pitch that ManU were not giving him and the Lacazette Aubameyang partnership is only getting better and better. I have haven't been this excited about this team in a long time and it sucks that it had to come so late in the season.

So great to see the players give Wenger such an impressive last home game against a very strong Burnley side.

In other knews; Southhampton edged Swansea in 1-0 victory in a huge match that saw the Saints edge towards safety and the Wale sides come closer to relegation. The result did seal West Brom's fate in which they will be playing in the Championship next season.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #96
Tones

And just like that the Premier League season is over any what a season it was. Manchester City's money really came into effect with a 100 pt season, but with a summer ahead of a lot of changes and players molding together next season will be quiet a race. Will Salah keep up the form? Who will replace Arsene Wenger? So many questions to answer.

Thank you to everyone who followed this thread. I have had a busy year and hope next year I will do a better job recapping all the top games and not just Arsenal's
Old 05-24-2018, 11:35 AM   #97
Portlaw

I'm glad you guys went with Emery, I think Arteta would have been a trainwreck.

Villa have made the play-off final on Saturday, I'm heading over to Wembley to see it, can't wait. Here's hoping we make it back to the premiership where we belong!
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #98
Tones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
I'm glad you guys went with Emery, I think Arteta would have been a trainwreck.

Villa have made the play-off final on Saturday, I'm heading over to Wembley to see it, can't wait. Here's hoping we make it back to the premiership where we belong!
I am beyond relieved.

I think Arteta would make a fabulous addition to the coaching staff but he is years away from a managerial position. And when I say managerial position Im talking a Championship level team or outside of England, not EPL. Our club in in a disastrous state. Appointing Arteta now would be like playing Russian roulette with one chamber open.