Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 10

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #26
Jpayne7787

It will most definitely be Doncic. Tho we shall see if his prices can sustain past year one
Jpayne7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #27
indyguy

I'll only buy Aaron Holiday next year. I'll grab guys like Ayton after the season when their prices start to come down.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #28
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
I just don't see it with any of these guys this year. No one screams out, STAR from the beginning. Good players on bad market teams, and bad players on good market teams.

We had a treat last year, I'm buying guys from last year for sure.
I agree. But someone will surprise us. Itís just figuring out who that will be BEFORE they surprise us
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #29
Donkaylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
i agree. But someone will surprise us. Itís just figuring out who that will be before they surprise us
jerome robinson and zhaire smith are the surprises
Donkaylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #30
WHyFLy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
I agree with this. I feel like early in the season especially they're going to put the ball in his hand and say "go". I'm not sold on him - Or the Hawks whole "next splash brothers" thing. Personally i think the Hawks had one of the worst drafts by a lottery team. I don't see it with Trae Young. Kevin Huerter is nice but feel like he is/was being highly over rated - but at 19 he's probably the safest of their pics. Spellman? Really? Spellman? They could've picked him up in the seoncd round. That was a horrible pick.

They passed on so many good players at each spot. Maybe I'll be wrong about young. But really at best i see a Lou Williams clone.
No, I agree. The whole draft by the Hawks Front Office was miserable... I was very upset. Young is just such a risky pick. To pass on Doncic to grab a kid who had really a good "half" season then implode is awful. Plus they acquired a "protected" 1st round pick, meaning that we have a chance of not getting the bonus... This pick will be one that everyone is going to look back by the end of next year and see what happens. Heurter is our safest pick. He is young, but is not a game changer or playmaker. Spellman is just an idiotic pick. They spent a 1st round pick to acquire a guy who won't be seen in the league for 2 years and will have a ceiling of a bench/role player... The guy won't even start.

I mean ESPN analytics has Young similar to Trey Burke... TREY BURKE. What the hell are you doing here...

Blowout's Resident Atlanta Hawks & Yante Maten Collector

Last edited by WHyFLy; 06-22-2018 at 11:11 AM.
WHyFLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #31
oshmeehan

Kostas Antetokounmpo out of the gates might sell for a bit more than typical 2nd rounders
Old 06-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #32
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshmeehan View Post
Kostas Antetokounmpo out of the gates might sell for a bit more than typical 2nd rounders
Just because of name recognition?
The Alchemist, Napoleon Hill mixed with Deepak
jcardstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #33
gomiamigo

Zhaire is the best athlete in the draft.

Probably Doncic. Maybe bridges.

LW4 if he's healthy and Pop doesn't cut the whole team after Kawhi leaves.

Ayton maybe.

Sexton could be great.

Knox/Shai if they can shoot NBA level.

Young probably.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #34
ThoseBackPages

Panini wins

we lose
LOW copy is better than NO copy!
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #35
clipperboy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot18 View Post
Oh yeah, forgot Shai was moved. Now Im on the fence. Clippers are where players go to die.....
Not anymore... at least I hope!

I think there are a lot of players that will have a good amount of all star berths between them but not necessarily be hobby superstars. It reminds me a lot of 99-00, a ton of really good players and some nice hobby love but not the log term stardom. That year you had Brand, Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Odom, Szczerbiak, R.I.P. Hamilton, Marion, Terry, Maggette and some other good role players but no one had long term star power. But it was one of the deepest drafts in history.

MP JR could be a great player if healthy.

Doncic could be a really good player and have some following but I donít know if it will be superstar level.

I could see Trae young loading up the stat sheet and getting some serious hobby love.

A dark horse star could be Miles Bridges. He has a nice shot and is crazy athletic, reminds me of a stockier Vince

Looking for 2017-18 Optic Retro Series Red, Blue, Gold and Green

funny video: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #36
oshmeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
Correct
Old 06-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #37
smalltown

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Correct
Yup. Thanasis Antetokounmpo sold really well for a minute too. Hopefully people buy the player and not the name. Hate seeing people get burned.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #38
msink28

Quote:
I agree with this. I feel like early in the season especially they're going to put the ball in his hand and say "go". I'm not sold on him - Or the Hawks whole "next splash brothers" thing. Personally i think the Hawks had one of the worst drafts by a lottery team. I don't see it with Trae Young. Kevin Huerter is nice but feel like he is/was being highly over rated - but at 19 he's probably the safest of their pics. Spellman? Really? Spellman? They could've picked him up in the seoncd round. That was a horrible pick.

They passed on so many good players at each spot. Maybe I'll be wrong about young. But really at best i see a Lou Williams clone.
As a Hawks fan, I was so, so, so disappointed.

Was really looking forward to Doncic. I could see Schroeder, Prince, Doncic, Collins as a nice group. Now we have Trae Young, who could easily not be as good as the point guard WE ALREADY HAVE AND ARE GOING TO TRADE FOR NOTHING. Hopefully Young is better. He can shoot, but I thought his best chance of being successful in the league was not to be in a situation where he had to be the guy. I look forward to a ton of 6-23 nights.

I don't know a lot about Kevin Huerter but I doubt we can play him and Young simultaneously. Reminds me a lot of the John Jenkins pick a few years back. What baffles me is the story that we were going to MOVE UP TO TAKE HIM.

Spellman is the kind of guy you take if you have a team that needs quality bench play. We needed to take a swing for the fences.
msink28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #39
smalltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by msink28 View Post
Spellman is the kind of guy you take if you have a team that needs quality bench play. We needed to take a swing for the fences.
I don't have a problem with Spellman per say. But he would have been available 15-20 picks later. And Atlanta had a later 2nd rounder. Just makes no sense.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #40
jcardstore

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Spellman per say. But he would have been available 15-20 picks later. And Atlanta had a later 2nd rounder. Just makes no sense.
I feel like the Hawks tried to draft discount versions of Steph/Klay/Dray.

Have a feeling this is going to turn out very badly
The Alchemist, Napoleon Hill mixed with Deepak
jcardstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:00 PM   #41
WHyFLy

Quote:
Originally Posted by msink28 View Post
As a Hawks fan, I was so, so, so disappointed.

Was really looking forward to Doncic. I could see Schroeder, Prince, Doncic, Collins as a nice group. Now we have Trae Young, who could easily not be as good as the point guard WE ALREADY HAVE AND ARE GOING TO TRADE FOR NOTHING. Hopefully Young is better. He can shoot, but I thought his best chance of being successful in the league was not to be in a situation where he had to be the guy. I look forward to a ton of 6-23 nights.

I don't know a lot about Kevin Huerter but I doubt we can play him and Young simultaneously. Reminds me a lot of the John Jenkins pick a few years back. What baffles me is the story that we were going to MOVE UP TO TAKE HIM.

The entire draft was a disaster. Guerrero is the only reasonable pick but even that is questionable. Spellman is not a 1st round pick at all, you don't waste it on a guy who isn't going to make any impact even to the bench for 2+ years. Young is such a hit or miss that you don't risk a 3rd overall pick on... this is going to be very bad...

Blowout's Resident Atlanta Hawks & Yante Maten Collector
WHyFLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #42
Jman330

Iím saving my pennies for N.T Rpa and another similar priced r.c of Porter jr. to put away.Will be cheap compared to the rest as I see the nuggets putting him on the shelf for the whole upcoming season to get 100%.Bit of a gamble but could pay off very well 5 years down the road.
Jman330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #43
plasticmoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
Panini wins

we lose

the truth.
plasticmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #44
smalltown

Quote:
I feel like the Hawks tried to draft discount versions of Steph/Klay/Dray. Have a feeling this is going to turn out very badly
The whole Warriors lite thing is a Disaster in the making.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #45
the27guy

Clearly the answer to the question at the beginning of this thread is Grayson Allen.
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #46
tjforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
Clearly the answer to the question at the beginning of this thread is Grayson Allen.
First time he trips Draymond Green and takes the title of leagues dirtiest player, I'm buying
"That's real, yo. I ain't exaggeratin' at all, man. The Mo' Money you make the Mo' Problems you get. And jealousy and envy is, is something that comes with the territory man. It's just negative energy like my man Puff say."
tjforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #47
clipperboy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjforce View Post
First time he trips Draymond Green and takes the title of leagues dirtiest player, I'm buying
I would pay to watch that!

Looking for 2017-18 Optic Retro Series Red, Blue, Gold and Green

funny video: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:09 AM   #48
bucks123

Kostas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/155330812@N05/albums/72157692191322702

Last edited by bucks123; 06-23-2018 at 10:28 PM.
bucks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:21 AM   #49
Kingchrispaul

I don’t get the Doncic hype he is more Ricky Rubio than anything has nobody learnt international tournaments don’t compare to the US? He is slow and fat. If Hedo and Rubio had a baby this kid would be it. He will be a 100% BUST bookmark it.

Last edited by Kingchrispaul; 06-23-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Kingchrispaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:01 AM   #50
dgbarnes

Quote:
I don't generally care about hobby value BUT I'll share my opinion anyways.

Ayton - KAT-lite similar value hobby-wise

Bagley - Might have some decent value up front but just don't see him as a hobby star, will fall off hard after the initial 1st season hype

Doncic - Hobby super-star, better buy in early because this dude is going to be a top 5 player in a few years

JJJ - Going to memphis really doesn't help his value, he's going to be an after thought unless he's an offensive superstar which probably won't happen.

Trae Young - will be insanely hyped up before the season and might put up some hollow offensive stats but don't see much long term value.

Mo Bamba - I see AD in a couple years if he can refine his shot. He probably won't have much value yr 1 being in Orlando and not having a great offensive game yet but I see huge long-term value potential

Wendell Carter Jr - Don't really see much value potential. Will probably be a really good player but not flashy and won't draw much hobby hype

Collin Sexton - If the Cavs keep LeBron, they're going to the finals again and if he has 1 good playoff game his value is going to explode. I see really good value potential here based on his situation and personality

Kevin Knox - The obvious NYC hype is going to drive his prices way up. Has anybody ever had a long-term increase in NY? Unless he's a super star from day 1 it's going to be a slow value drain

Zhaire Smith - Big time value potential here because he's a fantastic athlete and good dunker. Will probably end up being in the dunk contest
Pretty much captures my exact thoughts for each prospect, well done!
dgbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote