Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
GDavis

Default Famous Fabrics (Music) Questions

Let start by saying I've been living under a rock I guess because somehow I just read about this set yesterday. I was hoping to get some input from collectors of Famous Fabrics products about what to expect. I haven't been impressed with their other products so far, except the Horrors of War. It appears that a lot of people enjoy that one. The music checklist is AMAZING! There are so many autos in there that I'd love to have. The best part is they aren't the BIG ones. Sure I'd love to pull those. Who wouldn't? My problem is I'm not a high end wax buster. Would I be ahead to try and by the singles (cut autos) I want? Or will they sell higher than the boxes? These cuts auto products can go either way some time. The memorabilia cards do nothing for me but they might be decent trade/sell bait. Will anyone be going a case break on here? I might be interested in that. Will the entire checklist have cut autos? Sorry for so many questions but I don't know anything about their product. I do know I'd LOVE to have the Sam Cooke, Janis Joplin, Jim Croce, SRV, Robert Johnson and most importantly HOWLIN WOLF autos. :-) Thanks for any input.
GDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Igman7

Personally, I think you would be much better off just buying the ones that you want. Many of the "lesser" Horrors of War autos went for under $25.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
baytowntex

Me personally, will not be buying any cut autographs anymore, but if u like buying autographs that are backed up by an opinion go ahead.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
bprice
Manufacturer

Sure some autographs go for less than the price of the box. How else can we put in $2,000-$3,000 autographs.

Simple as that.

This product also includes authentic memorabilia.

Brian Price
bprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Tim

FF does a great job of packing the cases so that you usually get a really nice hit (or more) in each case. If you buy a sealed case, I think you will be happy. But if you are only chasing a couple autos, then yeah, buy singles.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
generallou

I agree you may want to wait and see if the one you want comes up for sale, there will be alot that sell below box price even thou the seller will want to make his box price back? As Baytown's statement, he seems to think the only good autos are stickers signed thru the mail for Leaf? Yes some cut autos out there in these type of cards are bad, however having said that, Mr Price has a great reputation in the autograph industry as well and as the card side.
generallou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
baytowntex

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallou View Post
I agree you may want to wait and see if the one you want comes up for sale, there will be alot that sell below box price even thou the seller will want to make his box price back? As Baytown's statement, he seems to think the only good autos are stickers signed thru the mail for Leaf? Yes some cut autos out there in these type of cards are bad, however having said that, Mr Price has a great reputation in the autograph industry as well and as the card side.
what i said was that i rather have an autograph backed up by a contract between the signer and the card company. I collect autograph cards from all companys as long as I know the cards are licensed and I know, by legal contract, who the signer was. just my personal option
Old 05-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #8
aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDavis View Post
The music checklist is AMAZING! There are so many autos in there that I'd love to have.
Where's the auto checklist? The only checklists I saw on the FF site were for art cards and memorabilia.
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
what i said was that i rather have an autograph backed up by a contract between the signer and the card company. I collect autograph cards from all companys as long as I know the cards are licensed and I know, by legal contract, who the signer was. just my personal option
In other words you came to crap in a thread about a cut-auto product just because that is not what you like to collect...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
baytowntex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
In other words you came to crap in a thread about a cut-auto product just because that is not what you like to collect...
i was talking to the poster of this thread..
Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
generallou

Ditto Nicnac
generallou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #12
Lessa99

Im super excited about this product, but I don't love the design...Im assuming licensing issues with not having pictures of the artists on the cards...?

Also where did the OP find an auto checklist? I searched high and low and never found an auto check list...
Lessa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
Igman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessa99 View Post
Im assuming licensing issues with not having pictures of the artists on the cards...?
"Licensing issues" = They didn't pay anyone for rights...standard fare for these sets as you keep costs under control and maximize profit as a company.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
bprice
Manufacturer

Couple of things:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You could not license this type of product. You cannot go to 1,800 different personalities and get them to sign a 1/1 cut signature. Deceased personalities is even more of a challenge.

The Cut Signature Set will be posted in stages as all the cards are slabbed and we make sure they fit properly.

The first part of the list will be posted this week.

Thanks your your support of Famous Fabrics we have some great new concepts in development combining 1/1 cuts, limited base cards, 1/1 art cards and authentic memorabilia.

Brian Price
Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #15
WhacksPacks

No luck getting any Garth stuff huh? Maybe next time!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
dd316

Quote:
Might be kind of tough for Jimi or Janis to sign a contract...

I think this product looks awesome!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #17
ZappBrannigan

When I hear "go to 1,800 different personalities" it's sounding alot like 99% of this stuff is going to be "we're all still alive signing index cards".
ZappBrannigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #18
bprice
Manufacturer

You mis-read my comment, I did not say that at all. I was simply suggesting that this product cannot be licensed since each one of the cuts is a 1/1 and there are 1,800 of them.

I see from your avitar that you are here to bash our products. Just want to let other board members know that.

Brian Price
Old 05-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #19
TheHeel

Dr. Price,

Thank you for the solid cards you and your team create.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
Nicnac

Amazing how the trolls will seek out Price products even in non-sports. Must be nice to have no other concerns in life but to follow people around forums all day...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
When I hear "go to 1,800 different personalities" it's sounding alot like 99% of this stuff is going to be "we're all still alive signing index cards".
Then your listening skills need help. Unless you have an agenda, there is nothing in that entire comment you quoted (not just those 5 words) that would lead you to draw that conclusion.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #22
Lessa99

Again maybe I am naive, but my guess is that many of the cut auto's were purchased on the secondary market, I guess I still do not understand the level of legality or difficulty in acquiring licensing rights to use photo's on the cards...?
Lessa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #23
GDavis

Thanks for the comments everyone. The checklist I saw was for all the base cards. I just assumed that there would be corresponding autos and/or memorabilia. Like I said, I don't know anything about their products so I'm probably wrong :-) Too me if there were not autos inserted (of all the people on the checklist) and only base cards that would seem pointless/misleading to me. Now if the cut auto checklist matches the base checklist, then the lineup is indeed amazing.
GDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #24
baytowntex

I bet a lot of cases will fly by chasing the Fab Four Beatles Cut Redemption card,
Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
marino5084

Quote:
I bet a lot of cases will fly by chasing the Fab Four Beatles Cut Redemption card,
Here's a chance to get in on the action.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/t...ase-break.html
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote