AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #176
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
Also can't wait for Perna set! Pre-order tommorrow!
The waiting is the hardest part

And #33/50 it is!

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 10-02-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #177
bpack14

#14 of 50 here
bpack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #178
Deathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post

And #33/50 it is!
Ooh, I hope they send out the confirmations for the smaller orders soon, I only ordered 2 sets, and I'm hoping slow internet didn't get me.

Edit: Woo-hoo, got my confirmation!

ePack Id: goatcollector2012 - always looking to trade for Kitty Pryde, Black Cat or Rachel Summers cards - digital, base, inserts and sketches wanted

Last edited by Deathgate; 10-02-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Confirmation!
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #179
coalregion

Quote:

And #33/50 it is!
#34/50 here!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #180
ElainePerna

Quote:
Yeah, Humberto IS an agent, but the Acar scenario is over-the-top shady.

I'm curious if the artists knew in advance. I know failing to pack insert cards has turned several artists away from several studios. Many don't like to be paid peanuts for cards that are supposed to be randomly inserted in packs, just to find out that is not how they were actually distributed or otherwise used.

I got an answer from Melike about the 5Finity cards. She told me;

"The editor of 5finity, Steven. I sold my all Grimm fairy Tales cards to him before I get the cards"

Maybe, that is why someone was selling all of her return cards. It sounds like she sold all her return cards before they were returned to her. I know from past experience that 5Finity usually stamps an embossed AR or AE on the returns cards before mailing them back to the artists.
ElainePerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #181
Spider-Fan

Bought by Steve snd auctioned off by his good friend... SHADY
Old 10-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #182
ElainePerna

Quote:
Bought by Steve snd auctioned off by his good friend... SHADY
What can you do about it? Nothing, unfortunately.
ElainePerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #183
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElainePerna View Post
What can you do about it? Nothing, unfortunately.
If a company or its employees act in a manner which I deem inappropriate, I can choose not to do business with that company. I certainly have discontinued purchasing products from some other small companies for this very reason. Although I have not stopped buying from 5FINITY yet, I do believe they are really beginning to tow the line of what I am comfortable with, and I may choose not to continue my membership next year because of it.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:38 PM   #184
kerg

Quote:
If a company or its employees act in a manner which I deem inappropriate, I can choose not to do business with that company. I certainly have discontinued purchasing products from some other small companies for this very reason.
If they are doing that, then I have to reconsider my membership also. It's a fine line. The AEs/APs aren't pack inserted so, not like they are showing a sketch that never makes it in packs because it has been backdoored which I'm pretty darn sure that another company has done that I refuse to buy from now.

Not 100% sure how I feel about it.

Last edited by kerg; 10-10-2016 at 02:43 PM.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #185
saxonlives

I haven't bought any packs from this year's GFT SDCC release, and won't be buying any from the upcoming Women of Zenescope release. I just don't think it's fair to the collectors or smaller dealers that many of the better artists won't be included.

I have picked up singles from ebay since I know exactly what I'm getting and what I'm paying for. But I usually buy dozens of sealed GFT packs to break, and now that one source of revenue has dried up for dealers and Zenescope itself. Do they notice or care? Probably not. But if enough people vote with their wallets they'll have to make some changes.

Last edited by saxonlives; 10-10-2016 at 02:57 PM.
saxonlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #186
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonlives View Post
I haven't bought any packs from this year's GFT SDCC release, and won't be buying any from the upcoming Women of Zenescope release. I just don't think it's fair to the collectors or smaller dealers that many of the better artists won't be included.

I have picked up singles from ebay since I know exactly what I'm getting and what I'm paying for. But I usually buy dozens of sealed GFT packs to break, and now that one source of revenue has dried up for dealers and Zenescope itself. Do they notice or care? Probably not. But if enough people vote with their wallets they'll have to make some changes.
Zenescope had packs from not only Women of Zenescope but also from the previous two releases available for sale at their booth. There was a time where I would have bought 10 or 20 packs from the booth but not anymore, for the reasons you have mentioned and some others.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #187
saxonlives

Quote:
Zenescope had packs from not only Women of Zenescope but also from the previous two releases available for sale at their booth. There was a time where I would have bought 10 or 20 packs from the booth but not anymore, for the reasons you have mentioned and some others.
I wonder if they noticed? Two customers who consistently drop hundreds of dollars on the packs at NYCC just weren't buying.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #188
jjsmallvillelvr

I dont really have a horse in this race, but if the owner bought an Artists APS at her rate, and then chose to sell them, what exactly is bothering people? I mean, buying APS solely to resell is kinda crappy because others can't get them then, but business wise and ethical wise what exactly is bothering people? Am I not understanding that right?
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #189
kerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
I dont really have a horse in this race, but if the owner bought an Artists APS at her rate, and then chose to sell them, what exactly is bothering people? I mean, buying APS solely to resell is kinda crappy because others can't get them then, but business wise and ethical wise what exactly is bothering people? Am I not understanding that right?
If a company buys out the APs of an artist right away and then sells them, is there anything wrong with that? Not really. On one hand you can argue that it might allow them to get a cheaper rate on the pack inserted cards. However, you could also argue that it never allows your customers to contact the artist to get an AP. Just seems like an arena that companies should stay out of at least around the time of release. If a company buys up for their own collection or does a buy back months later for future releases, that is one thing.

However, that isn't the only thing in play. Some of these artist cards are just being given out in odd ways so, what is/isn't making it to packs or who has a chance at certain artists isn't consistent with recent releases.

I think 5finity saw this conflict. Seems like they were a little more upfront with what is going into products with the next release. At the end of the day, it just hurts you as a business if customers start questioning your business ethics.

Last edited by kerg; 10-10-2016 at 06:57 PM.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #190
saxonlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post

However, that isn't the only thing in play. Some of these artist cards are just being given out in odd ways so, what is/isn't making it to packs or who has a chance at certain artists isn't consistent with recent releases.
This sums it up in a nutshell. At least for the Ladies of Zenescope release 5finity gave some exclusive cards to subscribers for free, but several high end artists were still offered exclusively to top 3 dealers.

The artist list for the actual pack inserted sketches was less than stellar, which is why I won't be breaking any.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #191
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonlives View Post
This sums it up in a nutshell. At least for the Ladies of Zenescope release 5finity gave some exclusive cards to subscribers for free, but several high end artists were still offered exclusively to top 3 dealers.

The artist list for the actual pack inserted sketches was less than stellar, which is why I won't be freaking any.
I definitely get that. That part was crummy for sure. You want a chance at all artisys, not have to buy them for triple the price from those dealers.

I just wasn't sure if I was missing something on the AP front.

I thought the AP thing might have been because of her trouble receiving payments or whatnot. That it was just easier for her. Especially if it was only her cards. But that might not be the case. Just a thought.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #192
Spider-Fan

If Elaine bought up all of Helga's AP cards for Witchcraft before anybody else had a chance to, and then gave them to Juri to resell on ebay, you think that would be just fine and dandy?

Perna is very above board with all of their releases, and are a model for every other small press to follow. 5FINITY typically doesn't announce their artist list until after the product is released, so contacting artists like Acar who aren't 5FINITY regulars in advance for APs is kind of a fruitless act.

But what one person considers to be unethical or just a poor business practice may be considered perfectly fine by others.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #193
cmixer

^ put all cards in packs, give big buyers a discount, not free inserts
cmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #194
Igman7

Got my shipment of Perna Witchcraft in...check breaks for the goodies.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #195
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
If Elaine bought up all of Helga's AP cards for Witchcraft before anybody else had a chance to, and then gave them to Juri to resell on ebay, you think that would be just fine and dandy?

Perna is very above board with all of their releases, and are a model for every other small press to follow. 5FINITY typically doesn't announce their artist list until after the product is released, so contacting artists like Acar who aren't 5FINITY regulars in advance for APs is kind of a fruitless act.

But what one person considers to be unethical or just a poor business practice may be considered perfectly fine by others.
It would be annoying, sure. I'm just not sure unethical. I was just saying Acar is the only one I've heard mentioned he did that with, and it may have been to help her out since she has trouble getting payments. I think she can't use paypal. And that's about the only way most people can easily pay.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #196
Spider-Fan

You ate entitled to your opinion. But I think if helping Acar out was the point, they could have found a way to pass those cards onto fans for her asking price. They have helped plenty if artists sell thier APs in the past.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:38 AM   #197
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
You ate entitled to your opinion. But I think if helping Acar out was the point, they could have found a way to pass those cards onto fans for her asking price. They have helped plenty if artists sell thier APs in the past.
Yeah that's true.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:55 PM   #198
garrow21

Quote:
they had the Women of zenescope set at NYCC?? just asking cause they didn't put them on the web store yet
Old 10-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #199
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrow21 View Post
they had the Women of zenescope set at NYCC?? just asking cause they didn't put them on the web store yet
Yes $40
Old 10-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #200
Qexit

My Perna Studios Witchcraft sets arrived today. I've posted the sketches over in the breaks section. Another gorgeous selection of topnotch artwork :-)
Qexit is offline   Reply With Quote